What's new

Frequently Asked Questions and Problems (Tech Questions Go Here!)

Poiya

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Well, check if you are using japanese local setting, or if not have japanese language installed and are using a good emulating tool (like Local Emulator).
If it still fail.
=> try setting exception for your AV
=> try compatibility mode (maybe with forced admin). Old H-game often have trouble running on win 8 / 10.

If the trouble persist, what kind of H game (flash, rpg maker, vn, adv....) ?
I dug a little deeper and apparently my drivers weren't updated.

I updated them and it's all good now. Thanks for the answer anyway!

exodia

Reputation score
I've been using the translator aggregator for more than 2 years now, but recently, ALL of the translators inside it stopped working. None of them, and i mean NONE are working, with the exception of Yandex occasionally (As one can see from the picture below. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Attachments

Bryanis

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Usually it's some change in the server IP / IP hunting that mean you can't contact the server or it stop answering for spamming. But everyone at once ? dunno
The best answer would be to check for a more recent version and use it instead.

Poiya

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Okay new question, some games I've downloaded uses a program called Pixel Game Maker MV Player, but they don't push through at all. An action log is always created stating the game directory and always leads to data/project.json. I figured i'd need to update Java and other Visual C++, but that didn't seem to be the case.

Anyone know what the possible issue is?

blerghit

Reputation score
Do you have RPGmaker MV RTP? check the DLsite page for one of the games that does that, at the bottom of description it might say "requires RPG maker MV RTP" or some such.

zipetya

Reputation score
Okay new question, some games I've downloaded uses a program called Pixel Game Maker MV Player, but they don't push through at all. An action log is always created stating the game directory and always leads to data/project.json. I figured i'd need to update Java and other Visual C++, but that didn't seem to be the case.

Anyone know what the possible issue is?
Check around here: .
Gotta admit I too thought that you were talking about RPGMaker MV, at first... But apparently, Pixel Game Maker MV is a thing. Been only around since the summer of '18, and v1.0 just has been released on Steam a month ago, so I dunno how you could have come upon more than a handful of these, but yeah. Try the link.
They say you need to update Windows and then get the latest VC2010/2012/2013/2015 redistributables. Or something.

At any rate, RPGMaker MV doesn't have an RTP. Just saying, ^blerghit... ;)

Bryanis

Reputation score
MV don't have a RTP. the VCxxx are some window version of C(+) file for software. Most of the game using such file have the pack coming along to install. Although small game like MV might not have it, try the window error resolution tool or check the game read me for more info.
If the game have an official page (like dlsite), you may link it - it will be easier to get info on the game as to what the problem come from.

Poiya

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
The games I've downloaded is and this one, both are using RPG MV player.

I've checked their game folders to see if there's another exe file, no luck. Looked at the readme txt to see if I needed anything else, but they don't really mention anything else other than the basic controls.

blerghit

Reputation score
June 19, 2019
Bug fixes
ACTUK MV to ver0.9.5.3
"Fixed a phenomenon that may not start on Windows 10 due to OpenGL"

with google TL from DLsite.
So download the latest version and it should work

Poiya

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
June 19, 2019
Bug fixes
ACTUK MV to ver0.9.5.3
"Fixed a phenomenon that may not start on Windows 10 due to OpenGL"

with google TL from DLsite.
So download the latest version and it should work
Thank you for pointing out OpenGL.
I'm using a Lenovo 530 which has 2 graphics cards in it. Used the other one and it works now.
Thanks so much!

Mick2000

Reputation score
before i start, i want to say that i don't know where else to ask, specific thread for the game have yet to be made around here so here it is

i try to run a game that run on RPGMV, the game run just fine (except it shows some notice saying like "some feature don't work cause i have newer version of NW.js") even at the prologue it's fine but then this pop out error.PNG

i search through the game file and there's no file with such name (heck, why would someone even name it like that) but that specific directory only contain the game content in .RPGMVP extension which is the encryption for picture in RPGMV (that's what i know).
-i play the trial version of this game and it just fine but here the full game just won't work for me, the picture on question is suppose to be normal standing picture.
-i try to unpack the game like 3 times now and it doesn't help either, have experience where games broken cause there's like disruption when unpacking it but doesn't seems to be the case now.
-tried to re download the game too, not working either
-my system locale already on japan (and have stay like over 3 years, have checked it andhaven't change it)

Bryanis

Reputation score
before i start, i want to say that i don't know where else to ask, specific thread for the game have yet to be made around here so here it is

i try to run a game that run on RPGMV, the game run just fine (except it shows some notice saying like "some feature don't work cause i have newer version of NW.js") even at the prologue it's fine but then this pop outView attachment 26958

i search through the game file and there's no file with such name (heck, why would someone even name it like that) but that specific directory only contain the game content in .RPGMVP extension which is the encryption for picture in RPGMV (that's what i know).
-i play the trial version of this game and it just fine but here the full game just won't work for me, the picture on question is suppose to be normal standing picture.
-i try to unpack the game like 3 times now and it doesn't help either, have experience where games broken cause there's like disruption when unpacking it but doesn't seems to be the case now.
-tried to re download the game too, not working either
-my system locale already on japan (and have stay like over 3 years, have checked it andhaven't change it)
So, basically the game fail to find a specific file. Seing the name on the SS, it's in Japanese. So here a few posssibilities :
1) Somehow, your pc isn't fully set to japanese local setting and it's screwing the correct japanese name when extracting the file.
1b) same thing may happen if the archive is created using a really recent software version (winrar / zip) and you're using a very old version of archive extracting software (ie : update your winrar / zip software)
2) sometime, game / win have trouble with long folder path. Try moving the game to a short folder name (like C:\game\game.exe).
3) Did you download the game from a selling site or from a third party uploader ? Because uploader sometime don't have their PC set to japanese local setting, and it mess up the name before they upload their stuff. So you have a downloaded file messed up from the start.
3b) if it's a third party file, try another source. If it's from an official source, it rarely (but do happen) that the dev fail to put a file in the final game. => download the trial and copy the files from it into the game correponding folder (don't overwrite anything, just paste all extra file)

4) it's a dev error, he messed up the file name in the program, so the game search for a non existant file. You need to wait for a update or create another file with the correct name.

Mick2000

Reputation score
So, basically the game fail to find a specific file. Seing the name on the SS, it's in Japanese. So here a few posssibilities :
1) Somehow, your pc isn't fully set to japanese local setting and it's screwing the correct japanese name when extracting the file.
1b) same thing may happen if the archive is created using a really recent software version (winrar / zip) and you're using a very old version of archive extracting software (ie : update your winrar / zip software)
2) sometime, game / win have trouble with long folder path. Try moving the game to a short folder name (like C:\game\game.exe).
3) Did you download the game from a selling site or from a third party uploader ? Because uploader sometime don't have their PC set to japanese local setting, and it mess up the name before they upload their stuff. So you have a downloaded file messed up from the start.
3b) if it's a third party file, try another source. If it's from an official source, it rarely (but do happen) that the dev fail to put a file in the final game. => download the trial and copy the files from it into the game correponding folder (don't overwrite anything, just paste all extra file)

4) it's a dev error, he messed up the file name in the program, so the game search for a non existant file. You need to wait for a update or create another file with the correct name.
1. well i don't know how to fix that
2. impossible, i've already experience similiar problem so i've been playing my game on surface directory before i bury it deep down
3. third party, i already using 2 different source and still have same error so yeah it's 4

Bryanis

Reputation score
1. well i don't know how to fix that
2. impossible, i've already experience similiar problem so i've been playing my game on surface directory before i bury it deep down
3. third party, i already using 2 different source and still have same error so yeah it's 4
If the dev forgot to put the file, try porting over the missing file from the trial (if there a trial avaiable).
Had the problem once in a game (dev forgot the file), solved the problem that way without waiting for an update.

Mick2000

Reputation score
just want to ask if anyone know or have a tool to Decode RPGMV encrypted file like .RPGMVP .RPGMVO and such

Kazunamaru

Reputation score
I'm trying to play a certain game, only after I close the text-box I get this.

How do I fix this?

Mick2000

Reputation score
common technical issue with variety of cause, basically the game can't find a specific file to run properly either because:
1. problem on reading, the game is JP so you need to turn your platform unicode to JP in control panel setting.
2. unpacked properly, same as above, after change your local to JP try to unpack the game again.
3. missing RTP, since the game run on RPG maker below VX ace, most of time it needs RPG RTP so try download it, it's free.
4. bad source, did you get the game from store like DLsite or take it from 3rd party? if the latter then find another source.
5. false alarm, antivirus sometime block some program to work something, try turned it off.

zipetya

Reputation score
I'm trying to play a certain game, only after I close the text-box I get this.

How do I fix this?
It is very likely that you are missing the RPG Maker XP RTP; get it and install it.
Otherwise, remember, if the archive is a .zip, extract with correctly set up WinRAR or bandizip to NOT get gibberish filenames for files with Japanese characters in their names inside the archive.