What's new

Frequently Asked Questions and Problems (Tech Questions Go Here!)

Belkezar

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
@ Alfredo Jones - Google Translate seems to be temp blocking any IP that sends them enough translation requests in a row.

SysTran and Infoseek still work, though.

Belkezar

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
My own odd question - I bought a doujin game on dmm.co.jp/en/ for the first time and am having a pretty weird problem - the page that I'd download the game from, , loads the very top bar and nothing else.

In comparison, , with the various Debonosu games I've bought, loads perfectly fine (as do the video and ebook tabs, which load fine and tell me I haven't bought any).

But the doujin games page does, well, this.
WTF DMM.png

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that shouldn't be happening. (I've sent a support request to DMM, but fuck knows when they'll reply.)

Any ideas on what's going wrong?

Edit: And the bizarre answer was I jsut needed to click the Japanese button, which shifted it over to the correct formatted and I could download my purchase. Wacky.

Last edited:

ElPresidente

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Here's a question - why are opening posts/threads that don't contain proper information even allowed? If you're going to make a thread about game, post the relevant information - what kind of games is it, what fetishes are in, and so on.

Bryanis

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Here's a question - why are opening posts/threads that don't contain proper information even allowed? If you're going to make a thread about game, post the relevant information - what kind of games is it, what fetishes are in, and so on.
It's not allowed, but there no script to auto detect & act in such case. You need to point it out to the relevant forum members, and even then, they usually ask the thread starter to update the 1st post before doing anything else.

But yeah, recently there has been more thread started without much of info....

Jettoh

Reputation score
Hey, I don't know if this is the right thread to ask this but I was wondering if anybody knew how MATURE QUEST in particular displays the protagonist's sprite on screen and changes appearance when she changes costumes. It's obviously some kind of script but I can't for the life of me find out which one makes it work like that, it's probably a conbination even. So if anybody knows anything about that please let me know, some help would be appreciated.

Fumos

Reputation score
I've been dealing with this issue for a while but it seems like games made in GMS2 all have no audio for me? I don't get sound in Ghost Hunter Vena, Parasite in city, or Anthophobia, but I used to so I can only assume it has something to do with either my BIOS, my drivers, or a Windows update, anyone know what to do to get the sound back?

shirwoodbob123

Reputation score
May i ask for some help regarding the following: line 1350:Errno::EACCES occurred.
Permission denied - Save/system_data.rvdata2

This error occurred on Fallen bitch leona's exhibitionist atelier.

Byzantine2014

Tentacle God
Reputation score
That's an odd one, try:
-Running as administrator
-Check game extracted correctly (sometimes there's a mistake during extraction)
-Check the error file is actually in the game data folder, and hasn't managed to disappear off somewhere; also check permissions for said file (right click, then properties)
I haven't played the game, so if that doesn't work then try checking the game thread if you haven't already. Hope it does work though!

Kitsunex

Reputation score
Hello, I wanted to ask if anyone knows how to extract text from pac/idx files then convert it back

Belkezar

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
[Windows 10] - Strange text error I've been having a few Studio Ego!/Debonosu games - which is that the in-game text will completely fail to display and instead come up as just gibberish.

I thought that maybe I was missing the fonts, but the newer game actually gave me options to select fonts with nothing changing. And the actual system menu comes up in Japanese once I open it.

Anyways ideas as to what's going on and how to fix it? I've only found a few references online to these issues; one person casually mentioned having multiple odd fonts installed to handle Debonosu games, while another mentioned having the issue and the issue suddenly going away with no idea why.

Bryanis

Reputation score
Can't say for WIN10 - but that kind of giberish in japanese game usually happen when you try playing the game while not having your local setting set to japanese - Using some emulator like LE can work, but not always.

If you already have your local setting to japanese, unless the game was unpacked before switching to japanese which could have cause some problem in the data file, I dunno :/

Belkezar

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Can't say for WIN10 - but that kind of giberish in japanese game usually happen when you try playing the game while not having your local setting set to japanese - Using some emulator like LE can work, but not always.

If you already have your local setting to japanese, unless the game was unpacked before switching to japanese which could have cause some problem in the data file, I dunno :/
I'd already installed the game in Japanese locale, but it looks like the answer was running LE in Admin mode on top of already being in Japanese locale. I have no idea why doubling up on the Japanese locale is what did the trick.

zipetya

Reputation score
I'd already installed the game in Japanese locale, but it looks like the answer was running LE in Admin mode on top of already being in Japanese locale. I have no idea why doubling up on the Japanese locale is what did the trick.
Yeah, it quite probably is because using the 'Run in Japanese (Admin)' profile for Locale Emulator makes the 'Fake System UI language' enabled in LE, too (which is by default off in standard 'Run in Japanese'). I think a similar result could be achieved by changing Format (in the region settings of your OS) to Japanese. But it is easier to use LE, I guess.
Anyhoo, I'm glad you found a solution!

thinien

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Is there a program I can use to replace files like music/se files? Some of the files are are all in one file like data.wolf or something similar. I was wondering if I could go into the file to extract/replace something inside.

Dideldidum

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
hi,
i am trying to play 撃電妖異譚─EP1─ from circle kame.
this game has an anoying feature that spams time/numbers in microseconds ( 01:32.383 ) into my clipboard and kills all my efforts to translate text.
i usually use agth and translation aggregator to translate games. can anyone tell me how i find out which line i should supress with agth ? the standard 32x16 doesnt work at all and i have no clue how this works.

iWriter88

Reputation score
Questions for fellow machine translators:

1. For ITHVNR usage w/ RPGM games, has anyone figured out a good way to get the names separate from the text? In the past I have been either removing the name or replacing the name manually in Translation Aggregator w/ the substitutions function but I would like to figure out a more elegant method.

2. Regarding Translation Aggregator - after about 15 minutes of usage w/ Google Translate the dreaded suspicious activity message pops up. Has anyone figured out a method to consistently avoid this error message?

dergrubben

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
So, I opted to buy another game through DLSite, and things ended poorly for me again. In this case, it's because I didn't see the part of the FAQ that indicated it was impossible to get through user authentication (it's a protected game, RE234198 - dlsite.com/ecchi-eng/work/=/product_id/RE234198.html ) in an emulated environment, and I use a Mac, not a Windows computer. Is anyone aware of a workaround for this issue?

KillerDxD

Reputation score
So all of a sudden i can't make anymore new threads due to insufficient privileges, any admin know what's going on here?

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
@KillerDxD Yeah, I was messing around with stuff to test out something in the admin console and I think I accidentally locked out registered users from being able to make threads. Please check again now. Sorry for the inconvenience!

blerghit

Reputation score
Anyone willing to tell me how to buy game from the japanese DLsite? didnt seem to accept my english dlsite login.
Does paypal to dlsite points work there aswell? or do i have to actually use my credit card?