What's new

Frequently Asked Questions and Problems (Tech Questions Go Here!)

Romual

Reputation score
Is there a text hook supported right now? I feel like AGTH and ITH are long abandoned and I barely found a fix for the latter just for it to work on win10. They fail at multiples-process RPG's and some other new games give weird bugs, like constant spam of 01 in hooked text or hooking some random japanese symbols instead of actual text.

Old games mostly work fine, so it seems lack of update is catching up and soon most of the games will bug both ITH and AGTH into oblivion.

zipetya

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Is there a text hook supported right now? I feel like AGTH and ITH are long abandoned and I barely found a fix for the latter just for it to work on win10. They fail at multiples-process RPG's and some other new games give weird bugs, like constant spam of 01 in hooked text or hooking some random japanese symbols instead of actual text.

Old games mostly work fine, so it seems lack of update is catching up and soon most of the games will bug both ITH and AGTH into oblivion.
Might wanna familirize yourself with Libellule's RPGMaker MV hook patcher, found here, on ULMF, in the "Translation" subforum. Many of the more recent games that you might want to play with machine translation, are made with that engine (RPGMaker MV - the one with multiple processes). And you will need Libellule's tool for them...

Also, you may want to try VNR (Visual Novel Reader) as an alternative to AGTH and ITH (there is also ITHVNR btw, but I think that hasn't been updated for quite a while either). It is a big and somewhat bloated piece of software, but tends to get the job done more times than not... Downloads and instructions about how to use it should be relatively easy to find on the net.
At any rate, AGTH+TA should be able to tackle most things.
Good hunting!

Romual

Reputation score
Thanks. I just look for the tool to backup those two pieces of gold when they fail. I think I will try both, since first one should solve only one problem, but that is +10 games potentially playable already, thanks, man.

Svetson

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Is there a way to still search for thread tags like with the old board layout or does that just not work anymore? I had been primarily using the Reverse_Rape and Battle_Fuck tags from the old layout to narrow down what I was looking for but I don't see them anywhere to click in threads with this layout.

michael6795

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Hey all, I'm having difficulty accessing a bunch of dlsite pages all of a sudden! I'm using mozilla.

Example error message:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /maniax on this server.​
Additionally, a 403 Forbidden error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.​

Thanks!

Bryanis

Reputation score
403 ? Ain't the error code for when your IP don't allow you to go to the site, like how many H dev site are blocked for non jap IP ?
Meaning unless they suddendly change their behavior to all non jap country, it's a problem with your country / provider ?

michael6795

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
H dev site are blocked for non jap IP ?
Meaning unless they suddendly change their behavior to all non jap country, it's a problem
Could be - but I'm in the US so it shouldn't be too huge of a problem... Seems to have resolved itself today though! Anyone experience this problem?

etigoya

Tentacle God
Reputation score
how to show singature? maybe cant show in IE?

Bryanis

Reputation score
how to show singature? maybe cant show in IE?
Go to the setting page, check the "show people's signature with their message". And voilà !
You can now see other members signature.
So yeah, whatever you put in YOUR signature won't show for other if they don't check the option... which is unchecked by default on the forum...
(which must be why peoples keep asking your for the link to your save sharing list...) signature.jpg

etigoya

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Go to the setting page, check the "show people's signature with their message". And voilà !
You can now see other members signature.
So yeah, whatever you put in YOUR signature won't show for other if they don't check the option... which is unchecked by default on the forum...
(which must be why peoples keep asking your for the link to your save sharing list...)View attachment 15266
thank you very much

lttesch

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I would appreciate if someone could help me with configuring my system as I am having problems running the rpgs. New computer running windows 10. RPGmaker is fully installed with all required RTPs etc, english games run fine. I changed my region to Japan and added the Japanese language pack. Using 7zip to unzip and files are still coming out in broken characters. Am I missing a hidden region setting somewhere in win10. Don't know if very well. Changes made in the Regions and Language settings. Appreciate any help as the 1st post only talked win7.

Edit: Nevermind. Found the proper setting to change my locale and working now.

Last edited:

FoolClone

Reputation score
What up, I want to know what's the program this game is made out of, and if it's something workable when thinking about translations n' shit when compared to RPG Maker
screenshot_253.png

Bryanis

Reputation score
made with wolf rpg.
Basically a japanese-only rpg maker like.

There some thread about translating / hooking game with it in the translation part of the forum.

All in all, it's doable but harder than rpg maker game. You need the right tool... (except seem like the latest version of the game isn't cracked by the tool so you can't translate them for the moment)

Fumos

Reputation score
Okay so this is potentially a difficult issue to solve, but recently on both anthophobia, and games by Vosmug, the sound doesn't appear to play, and the games can't be closed with the quit button. It seems to me more like an engine based issue, as all those games have the same issues. Has anyone had this issue, and does anyone know how to solve it?

Alfredo Jones

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
For a while now I've been using AGTH and Translator Aggregator for all of my translating needs, but recently TA seems to be having problems connecting to Google Trans. I've tried also tried ChiiTrans and that is having the same problem as well. Does anyone know what is going on?