Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Virgin's Protection Magic Translation (v 0.82 released 23/07/2017)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MetroidSuperFan View Post
    Your save seems to need a decryptor key.
    here you go
    !JVBwuWYtrZ0IwngUWLzNpQqahHPK38Tj8EQL3TyP408

could have sworn i set it to no key required

Comment

Mega doesn't have links that don't require keys. I assume you clicked "Link without key" and assumed it meant that it wouldn't require a key to download, which is something I can understand.

Comment

Originally posted by glassofwater View Post

here you go
        !JVBwuWYtrZ0IwngUWLzNpQqahHPK38Tj8EQL3TyP408
        Ah thank you, that seems to have worked.

Comment

keep it up habisain, this is gonna one of the best translations around,

Comment

Gfurst That's premature until this gets released.

Sitrep: Christmas has been busier would have been optimal for work on this project, or pretty much anything really. That's kind of why I wanted to get it out before Christmas. Oh well. It'll be done when it's done.
            Stuff I do: RPGMaker Trans | Lilium Union Translation | Virgin's Protection Magic Translation

ULMF is not a place for general RPGMaker Trans tech support - use RPGMaker Trans's issue tracker. Please do not PM me about it, as I'll probably ignore the PM.

Comment

Originally posted by habisain View Post
              Gfurst That's premature until this gets released.

Sitrep: Christmas has been busier would have been optimal for work on this project, or pretty much anything really. That's kind of why I wanted to get it out before Christmas. Oh well. It'll be done when it's done.
              LOL! OMG, he's gone full Chris Roberts! George R.R. Martin, and Patrick Rothfuss! No more estimates, just like, fuck it, it'll be done when it is done! ROFL!

Sorry, take your time man, this response had me laughing way more than it should though, so I figured I would post, cause I'm sure someone will get on here and flame you. This way, you know the delay that is probably just as frustrating for you, at least made someone laugh.

Comment

Oh well. It'll be done when it's done.
                thought that was the plan all along, to make it more of a suprise

Comment

habisain I know it will, even though its long overdue, but from what we already seen, you do a pretty good translation and writing, and the game too, is one of the best around still today, great combination of gameplay and ecchi content.

On another note, I've been getting an error when trying to access the thread from my notifications, something about forbidden access, anyone else had that?

Comment

Originally posted by Gfurst View Post
                    habisain I know it will, even though its long overdue, but from what we already seen, you do a pretty good translation and writing, and the game too, is one of the best around still today, great combination of gameplay and ecchi content.

On another note, I've been getting an error when trying to access the thread from my notifications, something about forbidden access, anyone else had that?
                    not with this thread in particular lately, but i think one thing that triggers it, is if you have more than one page to read up on.
                    Like, for example, if i read the post one evening and the next morning i might be reading the same thread again, now with 2 answers, one on page 14 and the next on page 15.
                    Cant acces the thread like i usually would, and have to look for it manually.

Comment

Gfurst Keep Not sure what causes that error. It's not related to having more than one page, I think, because I've seen it show up with only single notifications. I've also seen the same error on Hongfire which also uses vB5, so I'm going to go out on a limb and say that there's some bug in vB5 itself - perhaps only being exposed under certain circumstances (e.g. when combined with cloudflare perhaps?)

On the patch: I think I've learned that I shouldn't have used JapeTrans specific features when I hadn't finished implementing JapeTrans itself. I'm still programming it. I think one of my problems is that I try to go for "big wins" all in one go; the "big win" here is to get a tool out which can handle typesetting (i.e. automatically fitting text into the dialogue box regardless of font), because that's a big headline feature which will improve the quality of all translations going forward. In addition to making it easy to use much nicer looking fonts in general, it also enables the use of bold, italics, and other fonts. Something that may not be obvious is that many Japanese games effectively do use two fonts; regular text and Kana-only text, which is used to differentiate a different type of speech; sometimes robotic, sometimes primitive, sometimes really shouty - and the use of a single font removes this nuance completely in a game without voiceovers. Using multiple fonts is a nice way of improving the quality of the translation, e.g. Using a robotic font (Jura) for a robot character really improves things.

But as I've said, my failing here was using unimplemented features in the VPM patch, because it's put the patch into a position where I can't release it without doing a helluva lot of work (i.e. manually typesetting about 20% of it). I had naively assumed that the work left to do on JapeTrans would be easy and it mostly is... but there's a lot of work left to do on it, and I've had less free time than I thought. So I've managed to put myself into a situation where there's a helluva lot of work to go even though most of the translations are finished. It sucks, but all I can do is try and learn not to do it next time (although that's a bit of a catch-22 in and of itself, as the only way I could work out what features were really important was to see which hypothetical features I would actually use... Sigh.)

Stuff I do: RPGMaker Trans | Lilium Union Translation | Virgin's Protection Magic Translation

ULMF is not a place for general RPGMaker Trans tech support - use RPGMaker Trans's issue tracker. Please do not PM me about it, as I'll probably ignore the PM.

Comment

I've been updating my wiki page on the game (https://wiki.anime-sharing.com/hgame...otection_Magic), and I ran into some issues with the translation. I've made a list of possible errors and some suggestions for better translations:

Suggestion: many of the ingredients seem to be taken from Shakespeare's Macbeth: https://www.owleyes.org/text/macbeth...scene-i#root-2
                        i202 コウモリの羽 Bat Wings --> Wool of Bat
                        i204 毒蛇の割れ舌 Snake Tounge --> Adder's Fork
                        i205 ヤギの胆のう Goat's Gallbladder --> Gall of Goat
                        i212 トカゲの脚 Leg of Skink --> Lizard's Leg
                        i216 ヘビの切り身 Snake Meat --> Fillet of (a Fenny) Snake
                        i217 竜のウロコ Dragon Scales --> Scale of Dragon
                        i219 狼の牙 Wolfs Fang --> Tooth of Wolf
                        i220 フクロウの翼 Owls Wing --> Howlet's Wing

Headpieces: They don't provide Evasion, but Crit Avoidance (in contrast to the accessories)

Typos:
                        i211 ベラドンナ Balladonna --> Belladonna (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atropa_belladonna)
                        a106 (Gloves of Slaughter) give +15 ATK, not +15%
                        a118 (Nonaggression Broach) gives +15% DEF, not +20%
                        a143 (Boots of Lightning) give +15% SPD, not +10%
                        w31/32/33 (rapiers) should only have 1 ★

Suggestions
                        a162 夜魔のストッキング Night Succubus Stockings, Night Demon Stockings might make more sense since there's already Succubus Stockings
                        w33 コリシュマルド Corismarudo --> Colichemarde (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colichemarde)

e11 シェリーコート Sahaugin --> Shellycoat (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shellycoat)
                        e39 ウルフィング Wolfling --> Wulfing

Skill 46 ブレス should probably be Bless instead of Breath
                        Last edited by scientist; 2 days ago.

Comment

scientist Wow, thanks for that - especially the suggestions on the item names / monster names (the descriptions have been fixed already, but not released). I'm not 100% certain I'll go with all of the suggestions - basically because I'm of two minds as to whether or not "Wool of Bat" or "Fillet of a Fenny Snake" sound right for item names. Shakespeare they may be, but it does have to fit into a JRPG overall (and so look right in a dialogue such as "Obtained ..."). I'll see how it looks once I'm in a position to actually test my own patch. (In hilarious news, since I upgraded to Ubuntu 17.10, I'm now no longer able to run RPGMaker Trans on my laptop and won't have access to a Windows machine for a while. So experimenting with how these look is currently not an option, unless I get my virtual machine working again. Turns out I've got a lot riding on getting JapeTrans to work...).

On Night Succubus Stockings; I agree there is scope for confusion, but given that the stockings are all to increase sexual parameters, and all other stockings having a sexual component, I wanted the name to reflect that. "Night Demon" doesn't really have any sexual overtone (there are many non-sexual night demons), but the description of the item indicates it's of succubus origin. Perhaps the solution to invoke editors privilege and go for renaming items. I'll give it some thought. I suspect that as things are it's doubly confusing because "Night Succubus Stockings" are weaker than "Succubus Stockings", which doesn't make much sense at first glance.

And definitely thanks on the Shellycoat monster name. I knew Sahaugin was really unlikely (as Sahaugin are from D&D rather than any mythology), but I was drawing a blank on what it could be and in the end just went for the file name it was displaying (RPGMaker's Sahaugin). I'm not sure about Wulfing though - I'll double check when I can, but I'm pretty certain that the enemy in question is canine, and weren't the Wulfing's a clan in Beowulf? If I'm right on all those, I'm not sure that Wulfing would be a good translation.

EDIT: A quick note on that Wiki as a heads up - there's a bunch of terms which are going to be changed in the final version of my patch, basically for a similar reason to the things you've pointed out: Items/Skills/Terms etc were early work for me, and I've revised them to be more appropriate. See here for a screenshot of the new status screen, for example - although I'm wondering if I should re-rename Hentai lv to something reflecting its primary usage in the exhibitionist mechanics.
                          Last edited by habisain; 1 day ago.

Comment

scientist ... See here for a screenshot of the new status screen, for example - although I'm wondering if I should re-rename Hentai lv to something reflecting its primary usage in the exhibitionist mechanics.
                            The screenshot shows you've already gone with Pervert lv instead of Hentai lv., maybe Perversion would work as a stat name? Or Corruption?

Comment

I'm so hyped for this, I ended up buying the game after playing the patch a long time ago.
                              sigpic
                              All You People Who Translate Hentai Games/Vns/Movies etc.
                              You're The Real MVP

Comment

Same here, the game is so good with the patch, that I had to buy it, can't wait for the new update. I also wanted to thank you habisain, you the real mvp.

Comment

Working...
                                X