What's new

[Complete - Full] [183] 蟲の姦獄 (Mushi no Kangoku V0.71b)

Bzshr

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I've updated the translation for Mushi no Kangoku V0.71B.
Most of the translations that was finished from the previous version has been moved here.

Please note that the new scenes and texts has been translated through MTL and proofread by me, so I cannot guarantee its accuracy. However, I made sure that it's still readable as much as possible.

Game Thread:
https://ulmf.org/threads/183-no-mushi-no-kangoku.7230/

Previous translation (V0.68):
https://ulmf.org/threads/no-mushi-no-kangoku.9471/

V0.71b Patch:

Special thanks to LeahChan for translating the new scenes.

Patch installation instructions:
1. Extract the file in CardWirth/Scenario folder (0.71b should have the same name folder called 蟲の姦獄)
2. Confirm to replace all files when extracting.
3. Done!

FAQ for v0.71b:
Q: What are the changes from V0.70 to V0.71B
A: Two new areas, Forest 2 & Waterfall are introduced. To find the new forest, keep searching in the sewers and find the exit. On Forest 2, you'll find two new scenes, for the cicada and the banana bug.
There are some animations that had been modified, like wharf roach scenes and the slug. Bug fixes and some changes to SP pricing. You can also buy and sell Bananas as well as an aphrodisiac flower to Rumia.

Q: I'm searching for something in the forest, and she doesn't say anything afterwards.
A: Are you using CardWirthPy? I tried to use their latest version that was released on Dec 2021, but for some reason this bug exists. It looks like the condition to looking for "stuff" breaks with CardWirthPy. I have not tested this on older versions of this, but using the regular old CardWirth works just fine. So if you encounter this issue, use the regular version.

Q: Will old save files work?
A: Not sure! Feel free to try, and if it does work, let us know so I can change this to Yes.

----------

OId FAQ:
Q: What are the changes from V0.68 to V.0.70?
A: Some of the dog scenes have been updated. Jellyfish scenes had also been reworked a bit. Pretty much all scenes except for the wharf roaches was updated. More options to choose during animations. An anti-parasite drug has been added. Changes are mostly internal though, with a cleaner code, so it's not that visible in gameplay.

Q: Animations move so slow, how to fix?
A: While you're in control of the character, click on the Gear icon on the lower right corner. You will see three bars on the left that lets you scroll either left or right. The first bar is for Area Transition speed. The second is for Animation speed. The third is for text speed. Strangely, you need to scroll left for them to be faster.

Q: No pictures are loading on scenes, they're all black!
A: Make sure to load the correct scenario when starting up. To prevent selecting the wrong one, move or delete all folders in the scenario folder, except for "蟲の姦獄" with my patch applied.

I've also added modifications aside from translating it. Two scenes (Dragonfly and Flower) is actually in the game, but was not coded in the gallery to be viewed. Normally, you'd need to go to the Debug screen to view it, which requires setting up a new character to enable the Debug feature. To prevent this, I've manually added the two scenes in the Gallery screen, ready to be viewed without requirements. A better demo from the author, the Egg bee and cicada, is also viewable as well with dialogues already translated.

If you encounter any japanese texts during dialogues, please let me know what scene so that I can get it fixed.

Last edited:

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Not seeing any of the animations at all, followed the instructions provided and the game plays normally but any scene is just the same background screen.

*edit* Nevermind, redownloading the file ended up fixing it. Enjoying the translation, thanks.

Last edited:

Sire Loser

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
In the parasite dog scene. Rape while attempting to escape. When you chose feel afterglow, next choice is in japanese. Also when very horny and talking to dog choices are in japanese. I don't know if it was intended or just bug but when your first choice is "sway as and prepare to copulate" it immediatly jumps to sex.

Last edited:
OP
B

Bzshr

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
In the parasite dog scene. Rape while attempting to escape. When you chose feel afterglow, next choice is in japanese. Also when very horny and talking to dog choices are in japanese. I don't know if it was intended or just bug but when your first choice is "sway as and prepare to copulate" it immediatly jumps to sex.
Will take a look and update the file, thanks.
EDIT: Fixed the japanese text as well as the choices. OP link updated for the patch.

Last edited:

rizo

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Is there anyway to have the UI during combat translated?

It's confusing as fk as to what's going on. xD Still Great work on the translation, do you think you'll ever work on the other game by the same circle?

Sire Loser

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Again i'm not sure if you created this bug in translation or if it was there before. When you collect marine membrane it seems to change into some seashell.
Edit: Also name of the day is not translated in status menu. Checking it little further. Status says it's monday, but when i checked Rumias shop it was closed. Shouldn't it be closed on tuesdays, wednsdays and thursdays?
Edit2: Seems like there is mistake in translation when you are checking information about Rumia. She IS available on tuesdays, wednsdays and thursdays.
Edit3: Tempting dogs scene first choices are not translated. Jellyfish first choices in rape scene is not translated.

Last edited:
OP
B

Bzshr

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Is there anyway to have the UI during combat translated?

It's confusing as fk as to what's going on. xD Still Great work on the translation, do you think you'll ever work on the other game by the same circle?
Unfortunately, the scenario is 'hitching' on Cardwirth - which is a game on it's own. I tried Resource Hacker but it didn't really show any relevant translations that I could do. But here's what I've got.
Basically, combat is turn-based. You click on your own character to select what 'move' you want to do. Shield for defense, the magic circle with a hand is healing, the swords and axe are for damage. And there's also that sword with an eye - it's basically just increasing accuracy and won't deal damage. Finally, that hand with the cards - it reshuffles your card moves.
You can also choose which enemy to attack - and their moves will also be shown to you. So for example, if you hover your mouse on the wharf roach and it shows a shield, don't attack it as it'll nullify any attacks.
Once you're satisfied with your move, click on the button on the lower left corner to go to the next turn.

Now, you can also purchase or craft items and weapons, but you have to equip it. To do this, Right Click on the screen, and select the bag. Click on the item you want to equip, and it'll show you the bag again, and the garbage can. To finally equip it, click on the character itself. You can only hold up to 5 items.

As for that other link, those are CGs right? Are the text in the image itself? If so, I'm afraid that I don't have the ability to translate those. I've messed around in translating doujins and stuff, but didn't go so well with OCR. :/

Again i'm not sure if you created this bug in translation or if it was there before. When you collect marine membrane it seems to change into some seashell.
Edit: Also name of the day is not translated in status menu. Checking it little further. Status says it's monday, but when i checked Rumias shop it was closed. Shouldn't it be closed on tuesdays, wednsdays and thursdays?
I might have moved the old copy of the translation to the new one for gathering items and could have caused a bug. I'll check and see if I can get that fixed, Fixed. Thanks for the report :)
As for the day - here's the strange thing. His variables for it are 9 freaking days. And the last days are confusing - MTL failed me for this.

The three days that are left as japanese are as follows:
光の日
淫の日
無の日

MTL says they're Light Day, Dirty Day, and Day of nothingness. Wtf. Any help would be appreciated so that I can replace those variables. I think those are for Rumia scenes, where you can peek at her on those days.

And it's actually the opposite - Rumia is only available on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. I believe I fixed that translation on where you found her in the forest for the first time.

Last edited:

kingkeve

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
ya ok ur going need to reupload this on mega and maybe a other site cause that got taken down fast as hell..
EDIT: ok its back up for me.. maybe its just mega? but oh well time to test this out and thank you

kaka'sTech

Reputation score
I want to know: Is it possible to save the game progress ?

OP
B

Bzshr

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I want to know: Is it possible to save the game progress ?
Yes, Right Click when you're not in any scene, and click on the Save icon. To load it up, open Cardwirth, click on Adventurer's Inn and click on Leah.

DragonSenpai

Lurker
Reputation score
Not seeing any of the animations at all, followed the instructions provided and the game plays normally but any scene is just the same background screen.

*edit* Nevermind, redownloading the file ended up fixing it. Enjoying the translation, thanks.
Hey, which file did you redownload, I have the same problem as you. Thanks!

OP
B

Bzshr

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Hey, which file did you redownload, I have the same problem as you. Thanks!
Try moving or deleting all the folders from the Scenario folder, leaving only the 0.70v with the applied patch.

DragonSenpai

Lurker
Reputation score
Try moving or deleting all the folders from the Scenario folder, leaving only the 0.70v with the applied patch.
I managed to fix it, turns out the 0.7 game file I was using was incomplete. Got a working version now, so all should be well
EDIT: Oh, and I just found a bit of Japanese still left, when you go to peep on Rumia both options are in Japanese, and after the first scene, the bottom option is labeled as skip, but it actually progresses the scene. Not sure if that's intentional or not

Last edited:
OP
B

Bzshr

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I managed to fix it, turns out the 0.7 game file I was using was incomplete. Got a working version now, so all should be well
EDIT: Oh, and I just found a bit of Japanese still left, when you go to peep on Rumia both options are in Japanese, and after the first scene, the bottom option is labeled as skip, but it actually progresses the scene. Not sure if that's intentional or not
Thanks for the report, fixed was added to patch.

Heiyuu!

Demon Girl
Reputation score
glad this was translated, needs a lot more attention, the dev is a pretty cool guy, had the chance to message him

one question ive always had, how difficult would it be to create new events using cardwirth since the main problem looks like its cardwirth's moonrunes interface, ive messed around with wirthbuilder but have never gotten far.

OP
B

Bzshr

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
glad this was translated, needs a lot more attention, the dev is a pretty cool guy, had the chance to message him

one question ive always had, how difficult would it be to create new events using cardwirth since the main problem looks like its cardwirth's moonrunes interface, ive messed around with wirthbuilder but have never gotten far.
It's actually not too hard to create new events, since I was able to view how the process flow works when I was retranslating the game. For example, starting a new day. Package193.wid contains the script on how to judge day/night. Whenever you search or battle an insect, a variable counts up to 9. Once it reaches 9, it's determined that it's night time and another variable is triggered, so that when every search is initiated, it checks whether it's day or night based on that variable.

IMO if the Wirthbuilder is translated, we can easily create events for new stuff. Heck, if I'm dedicated enough, I could insert new scenes from the CGPack that Rizo linked and make it look like it's part of this game (albeit, lack of animations since it's not frame-by-frame). But sadly, a lot more experimentation is needed for it..

Heiyuu!

Demon Girl
Reputation score
haha youve already done so much man, and well what i was thinking is that it would also be possible to redraw the segments of the current animation poses, since most of the scenes have leah's(?) body divided into pieces that move for the animation and release those files with everything broken up, so youd have her body and the bg seperate to animate, of course could just do new scenes for the current roster of creatures using the current images but other people who can, wouldnt have to do as much work and it be more just creating a new enemy and just animating that

dont know about the cg set tho, from what i remember theres a lot of vertical ones and theyre a lower quality artwise than whats the norm

Sire Loser

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
What do you mean all is in japanese? I found only some item descriptions when you right click them (which isn't problem because left click is translated) and few choices here and there.