What's new

[Complete - Full] [183] 蟲の姦獄 (Mushi no Kangoku V0.71b)

J300mer

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
4. Extract the contents of the CAB file to the Scenario folder of Cardwirth. If done correctly, there should be a folder in the Scenario folder, named 蟲の姦獄.
What's the CAB file? Not seeing that anywhere.

OP
B

Bzshr

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Hi! Sorry if I disappeared for quite some time. COVID and work did not get along well.

Things have settled a lot and after a lot of procrastination and multiple "projects" that I stopped doing, I'm back at this again, but this time I'm solely focusing on actually finishing the conversion to 0.71b, which is the latest version that the game has.

At the moment, I am currently on Package 269 out of 378, prob around 70%-80% done at this point. The areas are all working, though I did skip the move of the shop items, as there were just too many and is not that useful up until later hours of the game. I am giving myself a deadline for this one, hoping to be done before the month ends, since I have work on weekdays.

I did see on the original forum post that someone translated the new scenes, and so I just dropped it in on this update file as is. I'll still need to do a lot more testing to find all the missing translations, as that was a pretty big issue when I released the 0.70 patch. Already on my testing, and I'm finding some missing translations which I have no idea where it is, even though I remember vaguely where it was but still can't find it.. ugh.

I've seen people use CardwirthPy, and I also tried to use it along with its editor program, but I noticed a major bug where when you're looking for items in the forest, it just doesn't process anything and I think it just skips the finding process. Not sure why this happens, but that was my experience with it. I'll look around for fixes as to why this happens, but I recommend just using the regular Cardwirth version for now.

Well, hoping I can get this out this week!

OP
B

Bzshr

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I think it's done. I did some playtest on my own, but I can't really cover everything, so if you see anything untranslated, please let me know what scene it is and I should be able to find it.

Link:

Editing the OP as well.

Last edited:

Rustygx

Reputation score
I think it's done. I did some playtest on my own, but I can't really cover everything, so if you see anything untranslated, please let me know what scene it is and I should be able to find it.

Link:

Editing the OP as well.
Heya, trying this out now. Thanks for the great work. So far some of the 'Gaze at Sea' dialogues while at 3 (low) lewdness are untranslated. I'll update if I find more

OP
B

Bzshr

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Heya, trying this out now. Thanks for the great work. So far some of the 'Gaze at Sea' dialogues while at 3 (low) lewdness are untranslated. I'll update if I find more
Thanks for reporting, this is now fixed. Please re-download the patch using the new links for the fix.

Rustygx

Reputation score
Thanks for reporting, this is now fixed. Please re-download the patch using the new links for the fix.
Here's a couple more:
- The choice options to remove eggs or not the the morning following the Mosquito - House 02 Scene
- Text after defeating 'Egg Fly' enemy

you're awesome

A Horrid Beast

Reputation score
I'm not entirely sure exactly where I screwed up, but I have two adventures- one with the backgrounds (ie the beach, house) in all Japanese, and one where I have English translations for things but no backgrounds. If any of you lovely folks could explain things in very tiny words to me, I would appreciate it a whole lot.
Thanks!

OP
B

Bzshr

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Here's a couple more:
- The choice options to remove eggs or not the the morning following the Mosquito - House 02 Scene
- Text after defeating 'Egg Fly' enemy

you're awesome
A little busy atm, will try to fix that today, or on the weekend.

I'm not entirely sure exactly where I screwed up, but I have two adventures- one with the backgrounds (ie the beach, house) in all Japanese, and one where I have English translations for things but no backgrounds. If any of you lovely folks could explain things in very tiny words to me, I would appreciate it a whole lot.
Thanks!
It's likely that you extracted the game files and the translation files separately to two folders, causing the issue to occur. Extract the game files first, then extract the translation patch. It should ask you to replace the existing files, which you will need to say Yes/OK to replace them.

A Horrid Beast

Reputation score
Losing to the Beach Jellyfish via health depletion has japanese text.

EDIT: The explicit scene is still fine.

OP
B

Bzshr

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I followed the instructions but I got this.
What did I do wrong?
Did you follow the Setup Guide (w/ pictures)? You will be selecting Leah from the character list to start the scenario. Also, you'll probably need to run the game on a japanese locale to prevent the issue that you're having with the text alignment.

Losing to the Beach Jellyfish via health depletion has japanese text.

EDIT: The explicit scene is still fine.
Thanks for the report, adding it in on the list to fix.

Rustygx

Reputation score
So there's this glitch that occurs where you are not able to gather items as no text appears. I'm not sure what causes it but I believe its either a 0.71b exclusive glitch or it might be caused from this translation itself strangely enough and I'm not sure why. It can be fixed temporarily by returning to Inn but that has issues as it removes lust/lewd and reset days counter. It has happened to me on both Cardwirth and CardwirthNext. If anyone finds a solution please post it here or on the discussions. Cheers :)

zippyman202

Reputation score
Did you follow the Setup Guide (w/ pictures)? You will be selecting Leah from the character list to start the scenario. Also, you'll probably need to run the game on a japanese locale to prevent the issue that you're having with the text alignment.
I'm having that first issue. It happens directly after clicking the mission paper w/ your generated character. Can anyone help?

Attachments

Rustygx

Reputation score
I'm having that first issue. It happens directly after clicking the mission paper w/ your generated character. Can anyone help?
You need to remove your generated character by using the blue helmet. Then go back to get another character and select Leah as your character

TouchFluffyTail

One Angeri Floof
Reputation score
Is the bug that prevented from finding the waterfall fixed with this?
I had to start a fresh copy and been trying to unlock it for an hour with no luck...

1Maxwell12

Reputation score
Do not ask for a game for ANY reason. Asking for or alluding to links to game downloads is prohibited. Permanent ban.
I managed to fix it, turns out the 0.7 game file I was using was incomplete. Got a working version now, so all should be well
EDIT: Oh, and I just found a bit of Japanese still left, when you go to peep on Rumia both options are in Japanese, and after the first scene, the bottom option is labeled as skip, but it actually progresses the scene. Not sure if that's intentional or not
hey can u give a link please?

Gardefan

Reputation score
Offtopic Discussion - Game discussion in Translation section
how do i view the dragonfly and flower scene mentioned in the op? i can't find them in the gallery
edit: i meant the unused scenes that were made viewable with the translation...

Last edited:

Rustygx

Reputation score

Thanks for the report, adding it in on the list to fix.
Heya!! I have a question/possible request!

In this post Leahchan was able to add a scene with a minor tweak:
https://ulmf.org/threads/183-no-mushi-no-kangoku.7230/post-1081802

Wondering if you would be able to replicate this as the link is down! Cheers, hopefully we get an update in 2023

asksansky

Reputation score
Hey can anyone help me with the issue I'm having in these screenshots? All text is the same, weird spacing in between most words,

I saw the previous replies having the same issues and have tried using CardWirthNext but the same issue occurs, I've tried updating/downgrading locale emulators and even changing my system locale but the same issue stays :(
P.S I've tried using CardWirthPy as well but I cant launch it with the locale emulator

Attachments

NeroD_175

Reputation score
Offtopic Discussion - Game discussion in Translation section
I'm unable to load my save files.. Everytime I try to load it gives me an error message that the scenario file doesnt exist or has been altered.

any idea on how to fix it?

Attachments