Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: [183]蟲の姦獄 (Mushi no Kangoku)

OK then.
Unzip this archive to 'Scenarios' folder in CardWirth

Tentothegreat

Reputation score

Bless you for posting that! Very kind of you.

The file appears to work great, but I'm still having the black-screen upon start up of the game. Any suggestions? It seems to simply stay black after the initial warning about changing backgrounds.

Attached is a screenshot of what I see. Clicking anywhere in the window doesn't seem to do anything.

Attachments

saviliana

Sex Demon
Reputation score

The file appears to work great, but I'm still having the black-screen upon start up of the game. Any suggestions? It seems to simply stay black after the initial warning about changing backgrounds.

Attached is a screenshot of what I see. Clicking anywhere in the window doesn't seem to do anything.
Did you click a gear button, at thefirst tab change the upper right box set of choice to the top one? It maybe is that you have not choose the right frame refreshing method.

EmptySkyForm

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

It's probably your PCs local setting. Change it to japanese. The same thing happened to me once.

Tentothegreat

Reputation score

You were correct, thank you. Adding Japanese as a local language setting did indeed fix the issue.

The game is interesting to play--never played a card-based combat game before. (Never was much for Yugioh, Magic, Pokemon, ETC.) So this is new.

I understand what people mean about wanting to speed up the animations, too. My last issue--and I've not seen anyone mention this yet--is audio. I have no audio in my headphones from Cardwirth. I know the game is supposed to have audio--I've seen and heard some of the BGM files seperately--and I've seen youtube videos of others playing Cardwirth games, with audio. Is there a cardwith setting I'm missing?

Thanks for the help everyone!

nty_creations

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I know the game is supposed to have audio--I've seen and heard some of the BGM files seperately--and I've seen youtube videos of others playing Cardwirth games, with audio. Is there a cardwith setting I'm missing?
Click the gear, then the second tab (オーディオ). The sliders are volumes levels for BGM and SFX with checkboxes for blanket enable/disable.

EmptySkyForm

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Still can't unlock the girl at the shop's scenes. Anyone know what specific thing to do? I been using the ring on everyone lol.

monomulti

Sex Demon
Reputation score

Still can't unlock the girl at the shop's scenes. Anyone know what specific thing to do? I been using the ring on everyone lol.
There's 2 scenes to unlock:
If you're talking about the one where she shows her butt, it should be unlocked when you unlock any other scene using the ring. Leeches, wolf, etc.

If you're talking about the roach scene, you have to visit the shop at night and there should be some option to peek inside. You'll get some dialogue and the scene will be available in the gallery.

EmptySkyForm

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I'm not sure if I have the most recent update then because I've done those things and it has not appeared. Also I'm not sure but it I think the game got an update on may 23rd.

monomulti

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I'm not sure if I have the most recent update then because I've done those things and it has not appeared. Also I'm not sure but it I think the game got an update on may 23rd.
I believe the May 23rd update you're referring to is just the download link being fixed. The wiki still says the last update was October 2015.

You should be on v.68b+, I believe you can check it by going to the gallery. The latest version should have an unlabeled option leading to an unfinished scene with a bee. And when you open up the shopkeeper options, there should be 2 scenes to select from.

nty_creations

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I tried the newest version (0.68b+) and had the scenes were already unlocked in the gallery (and dumped it for related reasons, sadface). If anyone tosses my partial over that version it will probably work, but there's a chance the world triggers were overwritten as the logic and dialogue tend to intermingle. The gallery wouldn't be affected, though.

As for the animation speed I can sympathize. I just double checked a couple scenes and the author already has the images set to the shortest possible duration. The good news, anyone who is super bored/annoyed can probably mod a faster event skip into the game. See pic. Fastest way to find the right packages is to skim through the area files with beast cards.

Attachments

Superadrian

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I've been playing this for a while and after searching the thread I can't seem to find answers.

Is there any way to permanently get rid of the house fly? And is there a way to remove the worms you get after being raped by the wolves and the mushroom? Is there any effect to those at all, actually? In combat there's always those two cards flying about.

nty_creations

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Is there any way to permanently get rid of the house fly?
I've found nothing in the game source to do this. Even the incense wears off after a period of time.

As for the worms I have no idea. My file is parasite free right now, so they probably came out on their own after a while or something. I think their function is to increase lust/perversion as I remember having more "consent" scenes while infected and less of the escape rolls.

Superadrian

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I've found nothing in the game source to do this. Even the incense wears off after a period of time.

As for the worms I have no idea. My file is parasite free right now, so they probably came out on their own after a while or something. I think their function is to increase lust/perversion as I remember having more "consent" scenes while infected and less of the escape rolls.
I have found that after a while you get the actual parasite cards, though I have no idea what to do with them, nor how to get rid of them to see if it removes the parasites themselves.

Kaien

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Q: How do I get rid of the Mosquito in my house?
A: There is a incense thing that will get rid of the mosquito. It looks like a pig. Either buy it with Lust Stones, or craft it with materials. However, if you go to the river where the leeches are, the mosquito will come back. Going to the river triggers the mosquito.

Q: What does the parasite worms do after I get them from having sex with the mushroom and dog?
A: They will wiggle around during battle right before you attack, distracting you. What I have noticed is that they reduce your attack hit chance, so that you have a greater chance of missing attacks. I also assume they build up your Lust meter.

Q: How do I get rid of the parasite worms?
A: The method I used was to lose to Cockroaches while having max Lust. This will result in a Game-over. Continuing from that point will spawn you back at the beach, parasite-free. Then I am unable to catch the parasite again from the dogs. Haven't tested with Mushrooms.

nty_creations

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Kaien's right. I tried it again and couldn't get worms from either the parasite beasts or bugshroom. I've gotten the bad ends from testing scenes, so that's probably how I lost them.

OP
W

watch_pets

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

You can remove parasites by following steps:
1. Click on character's portrait in bottom left corner
2. Click 'Beast' button in left pane (bottom one)
3. Click on each parasite
4. Press left button in popup to confirm

Kaien

Demon Girl
Reputation score

You can remove parasites by following steps:
1. Click on character's portrait in bottom left corner
2. Click 'Beast' button in left pane (bottom one)
3. Click on each parasite
4. Press left button in popup to confirm
That does not remove the parasites.
-Sometimes the Beast cards are there for you to use.
-Clicking on the beast cards and clicking "Yes" to use them, triggers the same dialog as when they move around in battle.
-Basically, they just move around inside of her.
-The Beast Card disappears temporarily, will always come back.

bobsaget

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Slight necro, but I made a quick guide for unlocking all scenes in the Gallery

The easiest way to do this is to have the debug panel enabled and set it so that the character has the proper coupons to view the scenes. The "coupons" for viewing scenes are stored as career data. Here is how to use the test menu to get them all:

First, enable the debug menu. This requires creating a new adventure. While you are creating an adventure, a dialogue box will pop up asking you to name it. Under the text entry field, there is a checkmark box. It is easy to miss. Set it to the option on the right. Then create your adventure and set up the game as normal. (see the first post in the thread for a guide if you forgot how)

Once you have the debug mode enabled and the game is started, there should be a pencil in the bottom right by the options button and your money.
Click the Pencil button to open the debug menu if it is not already open.

Click on the picture button. Use the drop down and choose x1_テストエリア. The choose クーポン取得. You now have access to all scenes in the recollection room.

To access WIP stuff:
WIP algae bug(?) scene: make sure you're in debug mode, open the debug menu, and click on the picture button. Use the drop down and choose ev_回想エリア_その他_保存. Pick 火藻蟲. Enjoy a short loop.

To access other WIP content (dragonfly, flower, maggot, and more), click the picture and go to x1_テストエリア, then click on テスト, then イベント. There's the rest of the stuff in progress.

Last edited:

Ecroose

Demon Girl
Reputation score

so does anybody know if this game is still being worked on? its really good