Wait, has the frontpage been updated?

Last edited:

monomulti

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Re: [183]蟲の姦獄 (Mushi no Kangoku)

*vibrates intensely*

Wait, has the frontpage been updated?
The module download link has been updated. I'm not sure if the MEGA mirror is updated, it seems to be ~70MB smaller. Game guide is obviously outdated for now.

OP
W

watch_pets

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

The module download link has been updated. I'm not sure if the MEGA mirror is updated, it seems to be ~70MB smaller. Game guide is obviously outdated for now.
I just have updated the MEGA link.

monomulti

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I just have updated the MEGA link.
Thanks, you might also want to add in some info about the English translation. I know there was one posted within the first couple pages in here and I believe there's also thread in the translation subforum.

Also does anyone know if it's possible to transfer the old save to the new version? Otherwise I'd have to start from scratch. Can anyone here transcribe the orange text that shows up when trying to view a locked gallery item? It would allow us to just use the debug method mentioned on page 8, otherwise someone would have to find out how to normally unlock the scenes.

From what I can see so far in the gallery, the new additions are: 1 jellyfish scene, 1 slug scene, completed bee (hornet?) scene, 2 parasitic worm scenes, a cockroach scene w/ blonde girl and a cicada scene. Also night and day time variation for all scenes (just color change).
Some of the older scenes got some minor updates, the dog scene looks smoother and slightly different and the jellyfish is now pink. Not sure if there's more. For some reason the old Rumia scene with the beetle is removed from the gallery list though it's still in the game files. There also seems to be a giant maggot scene in the game files but I can't find a gallery option for it.

Edit: Using some OCR sites to assemble the complete text, I found the new item to add to unlock the Rumia scenes along with both parasites:
ルミアの秘め事『黒孔漏蟲』
寄生蟲からの夜這い
寄生蟲の優良物件

If someone has some spare time they could probably find out the remaining ones without knowing any Japanese.

Last edited:

magnss

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Oh, finally an update. I did not believe him when he said that would have something for the beginning of the month. (As I see, it's still a bit busy and we will not see an update for a while)

Mr.Noname

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

New update events/enemies:

-Green bug
-Wolf got an art update (No new scene if asking)
-Some sea creature on beach area
-Parasites seem that they got their event

zipetya

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

First time I'm gonna try it out, so a little help if you guys would be so inclined... :)

I think I have everything set up as needed be; have v0.68, v0.68_EN and v0.70 in the 'Scenario' folder. But regarding v0.70, I only have the .cab file - do I need to unzip/extract that, or will it be enough by itself?

At any regard, I have 3 '蟲の姦獄' in the scenario selection menu ingame, so I guess only the .cab is enough - anyhoo, all scenario papers looking the same; first being the English version for v0.68.

......Hmm, I guess I have it handled after all. lol
What I want to ask is then: will there be a v0.70_EN incoming in the near future?
This Cardwirth thingie seems interesting. But would rather hold off on it if an English latest version is incoming.

triacom

Demon Girl
Reputation score

New update events/enemies:

-Green bug
-Wolf got an art update (No new scene if asking)
-Some sea creature on beach area
-Parasites seem that they got their event
Any idea where you can find the new bug?

monomulti

Sex Demon
Reputation score

What I want to ask is then: will there be a v0.70_EN incoming in the near future?
This Cardwirth thingie seems interesting. But would rather hold off on it if an English latest version is incoming.
No clue on whether a translation for the new version will even come.

You might want to direct your question over to the translation thread for this game.
Though it will most likely be a partial translation anyways, so you just need to know what the basic UI elements mean.

If you're starting from scratch then I personally don't see the need to keep v.68b. You're only missing out one variation of a scene (that Rumia scene I mentioned in earlier post)

Any idea where you can find the new bug?
So far I can't see anything new in terms of gameplay. In the game files there's a giant maggot and some sea creature scene but they don't show up in the gallery. The cicada scene is viewable but the only logical place I can think of is the forest and it's not in there.

Last edited:

sardan

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I dont remember how to apply the new module, It seem that scene are missing when I charge the scenario :confused:

monomulti

Sex Demon
Reputation score

I dont remember how to apply the new module, It seem that scene are missing when I charge the scenario :confused:
By "scene are missing" do you mean that it's missing the new scenes from 0.70? The process is still the same as the one listed on page one. If you kept the 0.69b scenario folder, you'll have to select the 2nd "copy" since the scenarios look the exact same.

sardan

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

My missing scene are common one (like half of the jellyfish)

OP
W

watch_pets

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I only have the .cab file - do I need to unzip/extract that, or will it be enough by itself?
I've extracted the cab, because I have noticed that archived version works slower.

Thanks, you might also want to add in some info about the English translation.
Good idea, now it's done.

Also I've added link to projects which continue CardWirth development. CardWirthPy looks promising, because it's open source (which means it could be translated itself). Works kinda slow, though.

bobsaget

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Also does anyone know if it's possible to transfer the old save to the new version? Otherwise I'd have to start from scratch. Can anyone here transcribe the orange text that shows up when trying to view a locked gallery item? It would allow us to just use the debug method mentioned on page 8, otherwise someone would have to find out how to normally unlock the scenes.
I actually found a faster way to get all the coupons and access to 100% scene recollection

Make sure you're in debug mode, open the debug menu, and click on the picture button. Use the drop down and choose x1_テストエリア. The choose クーポン取得. You now have access to all scenes in the recollection room.

To access WIP stuff:
WIP algae worm(?) scene: make sure you're in debug mode, open the debug menu, and click on the picture button. Use the drop down and choose ev_回想エリア_その他_保存. Pick 火藻蟲. Enjoy a short loop.

To access other WIP content (dragonfly, flower, maggot, and more), click the picture and go to x1_テストエリア, then click on テスト, then イベント. There's the rest of the stuff in progress.

Last edited:

monomulti

Sex Demon
Reputation score

To access other WIP content (dragonfly, flower, maggot, and more), click the picture and go to x1_テストエリア, then click on テスト, then イベント. There's the rest of the stuff in progress.
Nice find. Also, turns out you can pick that "x2 ..." option instead to skip straight to the selection. Do you know if any of the options can bring up the Rumia scene that got replaced in the new version?

Makes me wonder why it wasn't made accessible in the normal gallery. My first guess was that the gameplay portion hasn't been implemented but the cicada scene was put in with no way to find it AFAIK.

Last edited:

odrosu

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Im sorry but is this right? im a bit confused... sorry if this not the forum to ask tho...

Attachments

bobsaget

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Im sorry but is this right? im a bit confused... sorry if this not the forum to ask tho...
I can't see what's going on in your image too well, but here is where you want to extract the folder to so it looks like this:

Attachments

zipetya

Reputation score

No clue on whether a translation for the new version will even come.

You might want to direct your question over to the translation thread for this game.
Though it will most likely be a partial translation anyways, so you just need to know what the basic UI elements mean.

If you're starting from scratch then I personally don't see the need to keep v.68b. You're only missing out one variation of a scene (that Rumia scene I mentioned in earlier post)
Thanks for the info!
I've extracted the cab, because I have noticed that archived version works slower.
Makes sense, thanks. I was partly asking because however I try extracting the .cab file for the new version, the folders inside -there are like 6 folders each with one measly .jpg/.bmp file in them- just won't seem to get created. Some jellyfish H-CGs and a couple weapon icons, as far as I can tell...
But there are no folders in my scenario folders for the Jap and Eng 0.68 scenario folders either. Are there any folders in the v0.70 scenario folder?

Also, thanks for the debug option walkthrough, guys!

OP
W

watch_pets

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Are there any folders in the v0.70 scenario folder?
Interesting, there should be no folders inside the .cab, only files. It was the same for every version I've tried.

zipetya

Reputation score

Interesting, there should be no folders inside the .cab, only files. It was the same for every version I've tried.
Hmm, okay, might have found the source of the problem. If not opened with Japanese locale, that .cab gives 6 folders with garbled names when looking at/in it - with one .jpg or .bmp file in them, each. Seemingly...
Started 7-Zip with NTLEAS in Jap locale, opened the .cab file with it and THEN everything seemed all right and dandy. No folders. So, false alarm.

Must have been a unicode issue. Serves me right for not setting locale to Japanese!! xD