What's new

[2/6] [Abandoned] The Comprehensive Patreon List

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitecode

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Re: [6/11] Comprehensive patreon list

Yeah there is a lot of bad patreons, but there are some solid hard working ones to. We just have to hope that the posers will fade away and the real professionals will make themselves known.
yes there are some very good games, i currently supporting a few like towergirls (my best prefer right now,constant update and frequent contact with a large variety of upcoming creation)

It's an inherent issue with the system. Patreon is by no means a reliable source of income to most developers will prioritize other means of making a living.
Well mostly i'm referring to some patrons that earns shit load of money with like minimal updates and improvement everytime, and the game is not even that good, i'm not gonna name it but....yea
mostly i guess is because i'm comparing to some dlsite games and i was like: 'this game doesn't deserve this much by my dlsite standards'

Last edited:

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

In my personal opinion the main way to determine a good Patreon is something as simple as a quota (something like x comics every y days etc, or a reliable content update every month), Patreon works best for things like webcomics or other serial productions as the regular flow of content justifies the regular payments, and such a system will generally won't be fresh startups and have some gears turning already. They're not likely to run into major showstoppers either and you can roughly determine what you can expect.

Anything less is basically a gamble that I'm personally not comfortable with, and taking such a chance should be done knowing full well what to expect (and most Patreon projects aren't even sure how far they can push things, let alone inform people up-front about it)

What frustrates me is that you see a lot of projects that honestly have no business being hosted on Patreon and then damaging the reputation of the platform and with it risking the livelihood of artists that work hard and essentially gamble their future on supporting from Patrons, but I'll leave that rant aside ;P

Paladox

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Sometimes I just don't feel like working on my game, for like weeks at a time. I can be completely honest with my supporters on Patreon and they've all been super supportive so far. I even told them about wasting a week playing Corruption of Champions and nobody left.

So really, I find the best policy with Patreon is to be completely honest with your supporters. Before I made an account on Patreon I would sometimes go months without working on FSA, but now that I have supporters I feel like I owe it to them to work at least a little bit every day. If I can't do that then I should at least tell them why. I just feel like this is the best policy because it encourages me to keep going.

Initially I was concerned that some of the $3 and $5 supporters would burn out faster than the $1 supporters, but that hasn't been the case so far. It's actually just been a few $1 supporters that would leave (and I believe most of those just wanted to see the hidden updates).

meh65

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

1) We don't care about leaks as long as they don't leak it in the same day / first week.

2) We haven't been around for 2 years, we started May last year, from zero.

3) I have no idea why people are sharing older versions when there's newer ones out, for free, in non-ad non-paying sites. Clickbaits will clickbait.
Huh

Obscure

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

The Pareon for MikeV or Mike is set to private. I assume it's shut down.

Hoboy

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

They actively released the current demo on several sites a month ago. It's here on ULMF as well as Hongfire and LoK...

Obscure

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Can anyone verify if Black Vortex has done any work?

Closest I can see is a post with someone accusing him of ripping off a web based brothel sim game about half a year ago.

B00marrows

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Someone i was following on patreon has made the profile private, dose anyone know of a way i can get there name? i cant for the life of me rememebr who they where...
heres the url:

Hoboy

Reputation score

Someone i was following on patreon has made the profile private, dose anyone know of a way i can get there name? i cant for the life of me rememebr who they where...
heres the url:
I know MikeV recently went private - game was Voyeur...

Hoboy

Reputation score

But the links lead to two different places.
Well - just added what I've seen recently. Have no idea what a string of numbers used to lead to...could have been the same site at one time?

B00marrows

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I know MikeV recently went private - game was Voyeur...
Nah, never hered of it.

hmm.jpg
Looks like it still alphabeticle, so it starts with "the"... or something...

Last edited:

meh65

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

They actively released the current demo on several sites a month ago. It's here on ULMF as well as Hongfire and LoK...
Feels like it popped up only a few months after breeding season did. And before roundscape. I am sort of surprised at just now seeing playable builds.

Hoboy

Reputation score

Just a heads up - ILL (Dungeons and Prisoners) is back up and running

meh65

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Just a heads up - ILL (Dungeons and Prisoners) is back up and running
Heard he went full on "anime character who constantly was constantly sick/frail."

Any info on if he is cured or if he is just pushing through?

Hoboy

Reputation score

Not sure about health, but started a blog as of end of May and has been quite active since then. Several updates since...

SunsetRiders7

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Anyone have an official link to the PayPal/Patreon announcement. @Patreonsupport confirmed it to me today but I cannot for the life of me find the official statement.

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Anyone have an official link to the PayPal/Patreon announcement. @Patreonsupport confirmed it to me today but I cannot for the life of me find the official statement.
I got the email, but you can imagine they might not announce that out loud but heres the email.

Hi there!

We have two very exciting announcements for NSFW creators.

First, we have changed the name of our NSFW flag to Adult Content. This change, along with better onboarding and help documentation, is to help creators understand when they have to flag themselves as Adult Content, as well as removing the not-so-loved “NSFW” title. We are also continuing to clarify what content is acceptable when flagged as Adult Content and what content is not allowed on Patreon.

Secondly, as you know, marking your page with the former NSFW tag (now, as an Adult Content creator), removes the ability to accept payments from patrons using PayPal, but…

We are pleased to announce that starting today, creators with the Adult Content flag can accept payments from patrons using PayPal!

For creators that have been with us for a while, you may remember that we used to allow this functionality in the past, and we only removed it after PayPal threatened to stop all payments to Patreon. Unfortunately, this is a common issue in the payments industry, both because payments for adult content are subject to a higher rate of chargebacks, and because of an aversion to the content itself among some payment processors.

After many long discussions we were able to convince PayPal, or more specifically their subsidiary Braintree, that Adult Content creators on Patreon are not a serious risk. Our content policy, and the nature of subscription payments, means that Adult Content creators on Patreon are less risky than most creators making adult content. We also have a very diverse mix of content types, so even if our Adult Content creators are higher risk than other types of creators, Patreon as a whole is less risky.

We are very happy about this victory, but the payment industry does not provide much transparency around payments for adult content. As a company we are not happy with this lack of transparency since it impacts the livelihoods of Adult Content creators. We will continue to work towards more certainty around these issues, but for now we feel that the benefit of allowing PayPal payments for Adult Content creators outweighs any hypothetical risk that it may change in the future.

We hope you’re as excited about this win as we are. Create on, friends!

Best,
The Patreon Team

HentaiWriter

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Had the person I speak to at Patreon confirm it also, this is definitely legit.

B00marrows

Tentacle God
Reputation score

We have two very exciting announcements for NSFW creators.
Interesting, another step for western adult gaming has somewhat been made.

Hmm... Lets hope Kimochi gets back on its feet...

Status
Not open for further replies.