Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: [6/11] Comprehensive patreon list

The new Paypal might not be legit, but it works ..... Finally

meh65

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Interesting, another step for western adult gaming has somewhat been made.

Hmm... Lets hope Kimochi gets back on its feet...
I think there is already another adult game service trying to replace it.

I think it was started by an existing company...don't quote me on that, I just distinctly remember hearing something about it.

B00marrows

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I think there is already another adult game service trying to replace it.

I think it was started by an existing company...don't quote me on that, I just distinctly remember hearing something about it.
Yeah i hered the same, but im thinking it might be more of a rebranding than a replacement if you catch my drift...

Ill be keeping an eye on it either way.

Dustellar

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Another game with potential... Ben 10 Slave Quest (search Ben 10 Trainer or Bententrainer (dot) blogspot)

I play the demo, looks cool, the author opened a patreon page yesterday :)

cvonsuela85

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

Another game with potential... Ben 10 Slave Quest (search Ben 10 Trainer or Bententrainer (dot) blogspot)

Here you go:

Dustellar

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Thanks, but now that I read well... that's the patreon of the writer, the coder (Kdot) and the artist (Newman) also have a Patreon page... three pages seems excessive, especially if they work in the same game, IMO.

B00marrows

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Huh, thanks for the info.
Heres a clickable link:

Thanks, but now that I read well... that's the patreon of the writer, the coder (Kdot) and the artist (Newman) also have a Patreon page... three pages seems excessive, especially if they work in the same game, IMO.
Yeah a patreon page each is excessive, with how writing and coding is likely to be ignored on the funding front it would be best for them to have a single patreon to split the income. Yet i can see a few reasons why they did it like this...mmm...

Heres all 3 of them:
Artist:
Coder:
Writing:

Renmaru

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

So from what I hear people can now pledge to NSFW Patreon accounts with PayPal, guess PayPal realized people should be allowed to spend their own money how they want. :p

Omnikuken

Tentacle God
Reputation score

^ In the world of pron, 90% of the time if you don't have a credit card, you don't have anything.

The remaining 10% is with Epoch who allowed Paypal (probably more the other way around) to pay for said pron.

meh65

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Im just gana leave this here.

B00marrows

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Im just gana leave this here.

Im not sure if i should laugh, cry or hang myself... i wasnt even a big fan of the new art when they started it... HBomb was doing fine before the patreon started, the game was updated regularly and the art actually looked ok/clear.

HBomb should have caught on sooner, but its a learning curve. Nothing you can do now... I just feel bad for any artists HBomb hires in the future, there going to be getting a very short end of the stick thanks to Spurple...
With how big breeding season is in western adult games this could hurt all adult game artists...

I mean think about it, no developer is going to want this to happen to them so there contracts are going to be tight...*sigh*... might just be me but this could have a sort of butterfly effect

Manamana

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I mean think about it, no developer is going to want this to happen to them so there contracts are going to be tight...*sigh*... might just be me but this could have a sort of butterfly effect
Tight contracts aren't inevitably the same as bad contracts :), and in the end, avoiding this kind of mess is a good thing.
Also, once again, it proves how critically important project management is...

B00marrows

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Tight contracts aren't inevitably the same as bad contracts :), and in the end, avoiding this kind of mess is a good thing.
Also, once again, it proves how critically important project management is...
Tight, bad or nonexistant... None of those options are good, now theres an extra public/big reason for a developer to think twice about hiring an artist.

Im not saying HBomb was 100% in the right here, experience is one thing he did not have when he started the project.
I honestly couldent give a fuck about that game, it died for me a long time ago. What im worried about is how this will effect everything else. Thats a big well known well funded project DEAD beacause of a dickhead of an artist who somehow did not realise how well off they where, its going put a large doubt in any future developers head when it comes to hiring an artist.

meh65

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Im not sure if i should laugh, cry or hang myself... i wasnt even a big fan of the new art when they started it... HBomb was doing fine before the patreon started, the game was updated regularly and the art actually looked ok/clear.

HBomb should have caught on sooner, but its a learning curve. Nothing you can do now... I just feel bad for any artists HBomb hires in the future, there going to be getting a very short end of the stick thanks to Spurple...
With how big breeding season is in western adult games this could hurt all adult game artists...

My thoughts exactly.

Whether or not all the bs delays and milking of time for more money was really all S purple IDK. But what we do know is that they were clearly aware of said milking and let it continue.

I get why he didn't put his foot down, but now I bet he will in the future. Because now he has a little story to tell any artist that works with him.

Then again he may just say fuck it and not bother with indie developing. Who knows. Sadly I can relate to what happen to breeding season. In a way, it sucks being fucked over by the one or few people you trust.

This then makes you see every future partner as a liability. Hearing the words "its just business" really strikes you when you realize those people saying are just husks that got dicked over or dick others over and merely see liabilities and assets going into anything dealing with money.

Money and or influence/power really kills the joy from everything. Maybe that is why western hentai games are so rare.

Manamana

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Tight, bad or nonexistant... None of those options are good, now theres an extra public/big reason for a developer to think twice about hiring an artist.
A tight contract is better than nothing, when you're basically asking for money to make a game.
So I don't understand what's so bad in carefully seeing about possible divorce outcomes when you're marrying a stranger? In the end, devs will still need artists...

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

My thoughts exactly.

Whether or not all the bs delays and milking of time for more money was really all S purple IDK. But what we do know is that they were clearly aware of said milking and let it continue.

I get why he didn't put his foot down, but now I bet he will in the future. Because now he has a little story to tell any artist that works with him.

Then again he may just say fuck it and not bother with indie developing. Who knows. Sadly I can relate to what happen to breeding season. In a way, it sucks being fucked over by the one or few people you trust.

This then makes you see every future partner as a liability. Hearing the words "its just business" really strikes you when you realize those people saying are just husks that got dicked over or dick others over and merely see liabilities and assets going into anything dealing with money.

Money and or influence/power really kills the joy from everything. Maybe that is why western hentai games are so rare.
oddly enough this news made me want to work with others... i don't know why it did...but really...i suddenly wanna partner up with people

B00marrows

Tentacle God
Reputation score

A tight contract is better than nothing, when you're basically asking for money to make a game.
So I don't understand what's so bad in carefully seeing about possible divorce outcomes when you're marrying a stranger? In the end, devs will still need artists...
You dont seem to follow...
SPurple was in probably one of the most comfortable/well of places an artist can be, more than enough money flowing in and almost no pressure for increased speed... yet for SOME REASON they fucked that whole sweet deal up! Why in gods name would you throw that away?
If an artist that was that well off will fuck up a project for no reason, why would any developer want to hire an artist and give them any form of comfort?
Its already hard and dangerous enough to get an artist to work on a game but if this can happen where not even that much money can keep an artist "safe" to work with, why would anyone bother?

oddly enough this news made me want to work with others... i don't know why it did...but really...i suddenly wanna partner up with people
That makes me worry more... why would this make you want to suddenly want to partner up unless you have neferious plans?

EDIT:
Looks like S-Purple is attempting to , doesnt matter what they say they're still dead to me just like HBomb is.
I wonder how long it will take for S-Purple to create there full lie? Who knows... i wonder if the patreons can sue S-Purple and HBomb in any way... i mean they basically gave money for nothing. the games gone now, it doesn't exist...

Last edited:

Manamana

Tentacle God
Reputation score

You dont seem to follow...
SPurple was in probably one of the most comfortable/well of places an artist can be, more than enough money flowing in and almost no pressure for increased speed... yet for SOME REASON they fucked that whole sweet deal up! Why in gods name would you throw that away?
If an artist that was that well off will fuck up a project for no reason, why would any developer want to hire an artist and give them any form of comfort?
Its already hard and dangerous enough to get an artist to work on a game but if this can happen where not even that much money can keep an artist "safe" to work with, why would anyone bother?
And so from now on, devs magically won't need artists for their work? :p
I don't think so, it's not like Internet was that small of a place.
As I said, a possible outcome (apart from some people withdrawing from the funding business short term) is that game creators will be much more wary, and hopefully will use useful things like contracts and minimal project management, so that the artists can't go in some scorched earth policy (ie go with the game assets) if they're not happy for some reason.
And for SPurple, this won't be the first time that someone is so full of himself that in he kills the goose that lays the golden eggs...

Status
Not open for further replies.