What's new

[2/6] [Abandoned] The Comprehensive Patreon List

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: *UPDATE* [8/31] Comprehensive patreon list

Well, hard to argue that project is setup for Patreon to be a donation system to the artist... Also, based on what I read there, the artwork is not his. He is hiring it out from LykD9?

Nah he is the artist( ), he created backgrounds for "Broken heart bordello", this LykD9 guy is proofreader(translator?). And yea he too much money-focused.

how is he getting that much from only 3 patrons?

Maybe some pity-hearted toss at him money? =)

Re: [6/11] Comprehensive patreon list

I just saw that zombie game pop up, is wootch connected in anyway?

Also what is that patreon? Interesting, he is "taking over" urban life, and making a sort of clone with zombie life.

Ok...but if wootch comes back...this is a bit troublesome.

Why not just focus on the spiritual copycat zombie life?

Wow, people on comments section are just straight up dumping assets from wootch...so this guy can pick it up.
Not sure how I feel about this. Oh, he actually made a post concerning this.

Ya....still no, it seems wrong to take up a broken fan favorite and "fix it", im not saying it shouldn't be done, but that is someone elses IP and he wants to take that IP and rebuild it with the originals assets....its way to fucking shady for me.

This is like sony taking an old sega IP and remastering it after it was abandoned.....wait they are doing that???
Oh but sega got money, ok. Ya, its like this but sega DIDN'T get any money.

I wouldn't mind if wootch had said "ya take it, im done" but he hasn't he is just gone for who knows why. IDK, on one hand I like the idea, on the other hand, I don't like this guy taking advantage of an established IP only to make it his own. urbanlife should be left to die or come back life based on its creators decision.

Not that I like gravediging, but this HAVE to be set straight.

NONE of Nergal released stuff is even remotely using any of UxL assets.

Zombie Life is 100% made by Nergal with original Graphics (he ordered it done from ScarlettAnn), with NO connection to UxL whatsoever. And I dare say is allready a bigger and better game than UxL.

He makes 3 games at this time. One of them he set to be "UxL clone" - but it isnt released yet at all. It is renamed to Urban Deamons.

From what I saw on this projcect though it wont use almost any assets from UxL. It will have 100% original graphics, a changed story, and it is builded from scratch in case of code etc. At this point I dont even know why it ever posed as UxL clone at all.

Anyway - I wholeheardly recoment all works of Nergal.

His released game is of top quality, very intresting gameplay and nice "H". And his other projects seem to be developing just as good.

Check his Zombie Life 2.4 build - you will be very pleasantly suprised.

PS. And wootch isnt connected to this in any form or way.

Last edited:

how is he getting that much from only 3 patrons?

There is a panhandling trick where in you seed the hat with coins.

They could be paying into their development account from a proxy so it looks like they are more active and profitable then they are.

Not that I like gravediging, but this HAVE to be set straight.

NONE of Nergal released stuff is even remotely using any of UxL assets.

Zombie Life is 100% made by Nergal with original Graphics (he ordered it done from ScarlettAnn), with NO connection to UxL whatsoever. And I dare say is allready a bigger and better game than UxL.

He makes 3 games at this time. One of them he set to be "UxL clone" - but it isnt released yet at all. It is renamed to Urban Deamons.

From what I saw on this projcect though it wont use almost any assets from UxL. It will have 100% original graphics, a changed story, and it is builded from scratch in case of code etc. At this point I dont even know why it ever posed as UxL clone at all.

Anyway - I wholeheardly recoment all works of Nergal.

His released game is of top quality, very intresting gameplay and nice "H". And his other projects seem to be developing just as good.

Check his Zombie Life 2.4 build - you will be very pleasantly suprised.

PS. And wootch isnt connected to this in any form or way.

I mentioned how there were people who worked with wootch and joined nergal, there was even straight up content dumps in the blog post comments, which was weird.

The thing is, I just don't get why someone would take over an existing IP while making their own clone version of it......it, its just weird ok.

Its like if team four star took over dragonball as an IP. Or rooster teeth got full rights to halo.

Anyway, I mentioned earlier. I like the gameplay of zombie life, could use a bit more fleshing out, but its nice for sure.

There is a panhandling trick where in you seed the hat with coins.

They could be paying into their development account from a proxy so it looks like they are more active and profitable then they are.

This, it has a proper name, I just forgot what it is. IMO it follows too similar to a con, in which you have one guy really impressed with a product to entice strangers into buying it, while actually being the partner to the seller.

There is actually a Patreon list of things on how to be successful somewhere. They actually suggest seeding your patreon with the help of a few friends to get the interest of others. 3 people giving $300 is not only suspect, it just looks downright stupid. It's possibly legit, but I doubt it.

If you're actually going to do that (and have no morals to speak of) then 10 supporters (aka your fake accounts) each giving $1 would look a lot better.

There is actually a Patreon list of things on how to be successful somewhere. They actually suggest seeding your patreon with the help of a few friends to get the interest of others. 3 people giving $300 is not only suspect, it just looks downright stupid. It's possibly legit, but I doubt it.

If you're actually going to do that (and have no morals to speak of) then 10 supporters (aka your fake accounts) each giving $1 would look a lot better.

Of course it could be the genuine support of a parent, friend or lover handed over without guile.

I have the feeling that is what the 1st 45$ in Vola's Kototama Highschool dealy is.

Hopefully.

Someone mentioned that he can do art. Why not make a patreon focused on that? If he wants to make a game then he could use the money he gets from the art patreon to make the game, rather than getting people to pay for an idea that he has no way of making by himself.

Wooo! I have played all the demos.

It's a hard job, but someone has to do it. ;)

This, it has a proper name, I just forgot what it is. IMO it follows too similar to a con, in which you have one guy really impressed with a product to entice strangers into buying it, while actually being the partner to the seller.

I finally remembered what this is - it's called "shilling" and the guy that's actually a partner is the shill - he shills for the product in question.;)

I finally remembered what this is - it's called "shilling" and the guy that's actually a partner is the shill - he shills for the product in question.;)

I thought it was something else. I viewed shilling as PAYING someone else to advertise for you, not involved in the con and partaking in the rewards.

Re: *UPDATE* [9/13] Comprehensive patreon list

Ok, I need some more info before adding this to the list, just because someone had mentioned something about it. Is this guy legit?

I guess I could add him to the list, since its all encompassing, its just I don't like scammers and 3 patrons at 300 bucks...is suspicious.

The guy has a bad attitude and I have no interest in his project, but he doesn't feel like a scammer. I suspect that $300 will not be processed successfully at the end of the month.

It's kinda fascinating seeing someone on Patreon who clearly doesn't want to make a game, but is willing to if he gets paid enough.

Ok, I need some more info before adding this to the list, just because someone had mentioned something about it. Is this guy legit?

I guess I could add him to the list, since its all encompassing, its just I don't like scammers and 3 patrons at 300 bucks...is suspicious.

This guy has a demo for his first project and actually quite good, but since he close that project and now open some another one, I like his art but don't like his attitude.. so I dont know..

Well, even if it looks dubious, it's supposed to be "comprehensive" list, so I would add it - who knows? maybe he'll get the support he wants or someone will straighten him out and he'll make something great. Well, just my 2 cents.

I thought r_w was put together as an example of what not to do in posting a Patreon rather then a legitimate Patreon.

Wait... after looking a second time I am suddenly confused.

I thought r_w was put together as an example of what not to do in posting a Patreon rather then a legitimate Patreon.

Wait... after looking a second time I am suddenly confused.

Want to see a really interesting example of a Patreon?

Want to see a really interesting example of a Patreon?

Oh, I must have confused the two.

Black Vortex's Levondar: A Harsh New World

Dev Blog:

Last update is from April of 2015 and the game link on the site is dead.

I assume the Dev has died in a tragic car accident or converted to Catholicism.

Del Morpha however appears to be actually doing work. I am surprised.

Zhook's Dead Lust is on a Hiatus.

Vola's Kotomono Highschool Unit has updated with a simpler name and as a ren'py based VN.

Last edited:

Black Vortex's Levondar: A Harsh New World

Dev Blog:

Last update is from April of 2015 and the game link on the site is dead.

I assume the Dev has died in a tragic car accident or converted to Catholicism.

Del Morpha however appears to be actually doing work. I am surprised.

Zhook's Dead Lust is on a Hiatus.

Vola's Kotomono Highschool Unit has updated with a simpler name and as a ren'py based VN.

Yayyy, some one who actually gives a news dump, thanks

Hey guys, I think that some developer got deleted from list :confused:

I've looking for him a lot, maybe someone know anything. I'm almost sure I know him by the list.

He was working on a unfinished rpg on early stage of development about a girl that decided to join a full-male army/police/whatever, she could join them, but there wasn't any preparations for female soldiers, so she had to use the same bedrooms and showers than the rest. (I think it was 3D art).

Also, I remember some kind of dark maze where you fight some agents as a trial for being a member.

If anyone can help me find him I'll be eternally grateful (Also some +rep).
Thank you! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back