What's new

[2/6] [Abandoned] The Comprehensive Patreon List

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: *UPDATE* [9/13] Comprehensive patreon list

Hey guys, I think that some developer got deleted from list :confused:

I've looking for him a lot, maybe someone know anything. I'm almost sure I know him by the list.

He was working on a unfinished rpg on early stage of development about a girl that decided to join a full-male army/police/whatever, she could join them, but there wasn't any preparations for female soldiers, so she had to use the same bedrooms and showers than the rest. (I think it was 3D art).

Also, I remember some kind of dark maze where you fight some agents as a trial for being a member.

If anyone can help me find him I'll be eternally grateful (Also some +rep).
Thank you! :D

I think you're thinking about New Life - it's been remade in MV...

Re: *UPDATE* [8/31] Comprehensive patreon list

Hi ,

Could you please add me to your list. I currently creating a sci fi unity 3d game with naughty elements.(Mostly machine and bondage.. damn this fetisch of mine >.<)

anyway.. it is nothing professional just a hobby.

Blog :
patreon page :

This guy....this fuckin guy, mang.

I tried that demo. It looks great and fantastic.

The zero G section was, interesting.

Then I got the the hacking module. It confuses me.

Please read the readme.txt!

You can just skip all the minigames with ctrl+W (except the poker game) ^_^

Ahm.. i am that bad :=( ?

Think Al Pacino in Scarface, mang...like, wow! Mang!

I just found this thread.

I have a patreon too, it would be great if you could add it to the list.

And the ulmf thread.

Please read the readme.txt!

You can just skip all the minigames with ctrl+W (except the poker game) ^_^

Ahm.. i am that bad :=( ?

It is not a negative.

this game looks good, but is very short.

for those who like Futanari games.

Last edited by a moderator:

How often should a patreon release updates?
I managed to get an extra quest almost finished for my original deadline of today (i released a week ago)
but im wondering if one quest isn't enough to get excited about, so i might be holding off...

I wanted to hear your thoughts on it. I'm only at +4 patrons since starting this game so I'm getting anxious about the next 6-12 months

How often should a patreon release updates?
I managed to get an extra quest almost finished for my original deadline of today (i released a week ago)
but im wondering if one quest isn't enough to get excited about, so i might be holding off...

I wanted to hear your thoughts on it. I'm only at +4 patrons since starting this game so I'm getting anxious about the next 6-12 months

Most patreons generally release a medium/large update on a monthly basis. For me an update a month is fine, its become a standard to me.
Droping into patreon once a month to download all the latest stuff to play through the next couple of weeks just works for me.

Mini update releasing whenever its ready might get tedious, to download and play a single quest whenever its released.... people might possibly get annoyed by it. Saving it up and dropping it off at the end of the month as an update package will likely be best.
But thats my opinion, im actually interested to hear what others say on this too.

Most patreons generally release a medium/large update on a monthly basis. For me an update a month is fine, its become a standard to me.
Droping into patreon once a month to download all the latest stuff to play through the next couple of weeks just works for me.

Mini update releasing whenever its ready might get tedious, to download and play a single quest whenever its released.... people might possibly get annoyed by it. Saving it up and dropping it off at the end of the month as an update package will likely be best.
But thats my opinion, im actually interested to hear what others say on this too.

I'm interested in this too. I'm planning on creating my own Patreon games, and I'm not sure wether to release updates once a month or every x weeks for example...

I'm interested in this too. I'm planning on creating my own Patreon games, and I'm not sure wether to release updates once a month or every x weeks for example...

As I found out most of creators release 15 to 45 minutes long update in each month, but in most of the times we waste time walking around in the large map, or reading lengthy texts. Most of these creators only provide little cg images which are most valuable out of everything, and large amount of texts and big maps in rpg maker. I am honestly disappointed. I don't think I am satisfied with the contents of any game I have played.

As I found out most of creators release 15 to 45 minutes long update in each month, but in most of the times we waste time walking around in the large map, or reading lengthy texts. Most of these creators only provide little cg images which are most valuable out of everything, and large amount of texts and big maps in rpg maker. I am honestly disappointed. I don't think I am satisfied with the contents of any game I have played.

I only have 3 quests made so far, but that's like 30 minutes gameplay already... I can't even imagine how big this game will be if i spent 6 months or longer working on it... which makes it really important that the number of patrons starts increasing...

The most important thing is that you actually want to make the game. If your primary goal is to do it for the money then you're doing it for the wrong reasons (and your game will suffer for it).
I started making FSA because there are no hentai games with all the features that I want.

If you want to play a Mario game but you're making Tetris because you think it will sell better, then you're making the wrong game. Make the Mario game.
You'll be more passionate about it and your patrons will appreciate it more than if you made something just because there's money in it (and your heart wasn't in it, so you made a crappy Tetris game anyway).

As for content updates, just do what you can and release an update when you feel it is substantial enough (a whole new chapter, section, area, etc..).
Your patrons will let you know if you're waiting too long.

If your game can stand on its own then the CG doesn't matter that much. I can't even draw CG myself, but I've used crappy placeholder stuff up till now.
I can actually afford to commission art now, thanks to my patrons.

Also, if you're only good at making CG but not good at designing a game, then don't make your players walk through a mostly barren map, fighting one or two uninspired enemies in a storyless world just to get to the good stuff.
Just have an artist Patreon. I'm sure your patrons would appreciate it more than having to slog through some mess you never wanted to make anyway.

mrdots

“Dating My Daughter”, a first-person, choice-based 3d dating sim/visual novel.

mrdots

“Dating My Daughter”, a first-person, choice-based 3d dating sim/visual novel.

Dat booty~
Followed, downloaded demo.

EDIT:
Well im a little disapointed.
Played the... er demo? seems to either break or just stop without warning, wasted a good 10 mins filling out all choices that lead to nothing, oh well.
Than i looked at the patreon page... well im not going to support it. Too little for far too much, staggered releases on a weeks delay...

Im actually thinking of backing off of a bunch of people im supporting on patreon, im starting to remember what i can actually do with the money im literally throwing away at these people.
Why support a project with an unknown end and small updates? when theres games i could BUY monthly for less?
Why does everyone expect like $10+ just for them to dump the latest beta on mega?
I bet MANY more people would support a patreon who had like $3 for the latest release...*sigh* im a little pissed but im serious here, this is starting to grind away at me...
Its probably due to the +20% tax i get which basically makes me pay £1 to $1 but still...
Im venting...urgh..

I only have 3 quests made so far, but that's like 30 minutes gameplay already... I can't even imagine how big this game will be if i spent 6 months or longer working on it... which makes it really important that the number of patrons starts increasing...

Instead of releasing a small update you could release a "teaser"/progress update. Get people "hyped" for upcoming content.

Last edited:

Dat booty~
Followed, downloaded demo.

EDIT:
Well im a little disapointed.
Played the... er demo? seems to either break or just stop without warning, wasted a good 10 mins filling out all choices that lead to nothing, oh well.
Than i looked at the patreon page... well im not going to support it. Too little for far too much, staggered releases on a weeks delay...

Im actually thinking of backing off of a bunch of people im supporting on patreon, im starting to remember what i can actually do with the money im literally throwing away at these people.
Why support a project with an unknown end and small updates? when theres games i could BUY monthly for less?
Why does everyone expect like $10+ just for them to dump the latest beta on mega?
I bet MANY more people would support a patreon who had like $3 for the latest release...*sigh* im a little pissed but im serious here, this is starting to grind away at me...
Its probably due to the +20% tax i get which basically makes me pay £1 to $1 but still...
Im venting...urgh..

Instead of releasing a small update you could release a "teaser"/progress update. Get people "hyped" for upcoming content.

Ouch! That's something like VAT? We hear your vents bro *pat* *pat*.

@meh65

- PM'd you about our project including description and links ;).
Hope you don't mind, I'll put a summary here as well - you might be busy or something!

PaperWaifu
patreon.com/paperwaifu

We're PaperWaifu, and we create fun, romance, 18+ quality visual novel games! We put equal love into the different aspects of our games to tell titillating stories!

Current Project: Ramen no Oujisama (The Ramen Prince).

It tells about a young ramen lover's life of becoming a ramen-entrepreneur in a new city he's about to move into. Being a very lucky lad, he'll find himself busier (and hornier) than ever when he meets with his potential love interests (10 is planned)! Can you get the girl of your dreams?

ULMF Project Thread:

ulmf.org/bbs/showthread.php?p=882226

The free version of the game can be downloaded over at our Patreon page! Alternatively, gamers can play it online over at Newgrounds (NOTE: If this is your first time loading, a browser refresh highly recommended when the game shows the title screen to load game assets from the browser cache.)

newgrounds.com/portal/view/676178

PS: I can't post links yet :(.

*UPDATE* [9/13]... 25th September 2016 22:31 Get better taste.

Why gave me a bad rep? I just stated how I feel about this. I actually have a better taste about games. you think I am getting all these games for free? most of patreon creators charge $10 for their games, and it's recursive, meaning in each month we have to pay to get the latest update which doesn't even last 30 minute. some people now charge $25-30 to get the game immediately, and if we paid $10, we get the game a couple of weeks later. I am fine if it's like one time, but in each month paying $25-30 for a halfy done game which doesn't even last long over 30 minutes? it's like $360 for a year. usually for some people it takes a year to develop a decent sized games, so by then we spent almost $120 for their game. It's like twice the amount of GTA V which has plenty of contents to play for a month. sure I know it's difficult to develop a game alone, and it takes time. but to be honest a lot of these creators are after money than developing a decent game. sad thing is no one dares to talk about it, but if Rockstar increased the prices of their games by $10, the whole gaming community gets pissed off. some people genuinely put some effort to develop games as an example ,I posted a futanari game a couple of pages ago , still it's in its first version, but the game is significantly larger than the first version of most of games. I can tell you more examples, but I don't want to criticize an individual creator here because it may hurt them, but they all should know genuinely put some effort to develop a game, or else reduce the monthly fee. It saddens me that there are some good patreon games out there, but their monthly fee is not that fair. I know now I will get a lot of hate, but I just said what I have experienced. we don't earn money from doing nothing, I work hard a lot to earn, while some patreon creators doing almost nothing yet take a big chunk of money in each month. I felt doing the same thing many times, but I don't feel like scamming people, if I developed a game (currently I have a writer so I will probably do it soon), I know it will have a decent amount of contents that people can enjoy for few hours. sorry if I sound rude or offensive, but I didn't mean something like that. I am not mad, I am just disappointed about these patreon games.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back