What's new

[Complete - Full] [62studio] Lust Friend (RJ234434) translation

doko56

Reputation score
Looking foward to this! L-Friend is probably one of my favorites from 62!

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
I actually finished translating the H-scenes a few days ago, but I spent the next few days reviewing older parts of the translation and playtesting. Good thing I did, because I noticed a number of mistakes that actually changed the meaning completely*. I'm now working on the text that Translator++ doesn't help with, like succubus names on the map. I should have a final patch out within a day (unless I run into problems that I need other people's help with again).

* especially the Record Keeper Fairy lines, which include a lot of katakana, which MTL has trouble with

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
Alright, the translation is done. I've added the last translation patch to the OP. This has everything translated except for a few bits of text that I just could not find in the game files, like part of the time display:

Screen Shot 2021-04-25 at 10.57.27.png

But with this translation patch, you should be able to play through the entire story, fight and befriend every enemy, do every sidequest, watch every H-scene and otherwise enjoy the game.

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
I've replaced my last translation patch (LF TL9) with a newer version. This has the correct time display (thanks to @Strange lending a hand again) and I also fixed some mistakes in the skills.

Unless someone reports gamebreaking bugs in the translation, this will be my final contribution to the translation of this game. As always, if anyone else would like to contribute (e.g. by fixing any typos you find) feel free.

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
I noticed a typo in Dark Succubus' profile and a few typos in the Achievements, so I've re-uploaded LF TL9 with those fixed.

I'll slightly backtrack on my previous post: if you find any typos in the translation, you can also report those to me and I'll fix them. However, it'll be a lower priority than my translation of LustGrimm Again.

WildJoker

Reputation score
I downloaded the TL 9 patch but was wondering: the instructions say to copy the data folder, only that, so what is the _MACOSX folder for?

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
I downloaded the TL 9 patch but was wondering: the instructions say to copy the data folder, only that, so what is the _MACOSX folder for?
There shouldn't be any folder like that, but I did put the patch together on a Mac... Can you show a screenshot of what you have?

WildJoker

Reputation score
The LF-TL9 zip file has both a folder with the same name and this _MACOSX. Opening the MACOS shows another LF-TL9 folder which has this as seen here

Attachments

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
The LF-TL9 zip file has both a folder with the same name and this _MACOSX. Opening the MACOS shows another LF-TL9 folder which has this as seen here
Have you tried opening the LF TL9 folder instead of the _MACOSX folder?

Prosecutor24

Reputation score
I have some problems.

First of all, I bought the game through DLSite. I extracted it using WinRAR (I don't know if Enigma VBUnpacker would have been better, but looking at image "1" it seems to be correct). The instructions say that I need to replace the "data" folder of the patch in "www". So I enter "www" but there is only one folder: "save" (see image "2") with the file "config.rpgsave". And on the patch, there is more than one folder: "data", "js" and a file called ".DS_Store" (see image "3"). Do I have to put everything in the "www" folder? Or do I just have to put the "data" folder? Anyway, I put all of it in "www". Then I play the game. But it is still in Japanese (see image "4").

Attachments

Mick2000

Reputation score
don't you think it's weird that a mere launcher file have a size of an entire game inside it?
this game is compressed and packed into single .exe file as you show there, you need the Enigma VBUnpacker to open and extract all the file out from the pack. after that the folder should write as "%folder%" or something that have percent on it, rename it whatever you want. after that replace the file insidewith the patch then play the launcher inside that extracted folder

Prosecutor24

Reputation score
don't you think it's weird that a mere launcher file have a size of an entire game inside it?
this game is compressed and packed into single .exe file as you show there, you need the Enigma VBUnpacker to open and extract all the file out from the pack. after that the folder should write as "%folder%" or something that have percent on it, rename it whatever you want. after that replace the file insidewith the patch then play the launcher inside that extracted folder
Ahhh, great. I thought that just using WinRAR would be fine. I didn't even realize the large size of the exe file. Thank you!

kkiceninja

Lurker
Reputation score
I just wanted to thank you for your hard work on translating this game.

I played on an older patch, but now seeing how far the translation has come, It will make me want to play through it again.

strife2cloud

Lurker
Reputation score
Thank you for the translation. I did find an issue while I was playing through it again. The Apprentice Medal Collector in the show in the main town doesn't correctly show how many medals you picked up in the Raspberry Area.
Code:
Apprentice Medal Collector Succubus
「Persephone is \v[86] medals, Raspberry is \v[97] medals,
 Desire is \v[88] medals, and Nectaris is \v[89] medals.\!
  Well? Was that right?」
This line is supposed to be \v[87] instead of \v[97]. I've attached the fixed Map file where I made that change.

Attachments

strife2cloud

Lurker
Reputation score
Found a few more stuff. In the main city a few of the succubus names don't appear correctly.
Code:
<namePop: Succubus 8 black>
<namePop:Busty Phantom 8 black>
<namePop:Mother Succubus 8 black>
The namePop thing, doesn't work with a space in the name so they should look like,

Code:
<namePop:Succubus 8 black>

<namePop:Busty_Phantom 8 black>

<namePop:Mother_Succubus 8 black>
I've attached the corrected Map005 file.

EDIT:

Finishing my playthrough now and I noticed some achievements missing. It seems some of the events have 実績: xx translated to Achievements: xx which is what a plugin uses to unlock the achievements. The plugin only accepts either "Achievement" or "実績" so it messes up the trigger. Since It ends up quite a few places and I don't have a good way to search for them, I've edited the plugin to accept Achievements with the S, with out the S and the japanese text. Which fixed my problem. I've attached the updated plugin too. I've almost a 100% achievement so pretty sure that's the last bug I'll find since I've completed my play through.

Thanks again for the translation and in advance for your future translation too!

Attachments

Last edited:

Detra456

Reputation score
So maybe I'm just stupid, but when trying to unpack the game with the enigma unpacker it seems that the game comes up with a error that suggests its not packed. Seems instead most of the game's assets are in rpgmvo or rpgmvp files. DLsite says the game was last updated 2019 but people don't seem to be running into this error and I downloaded the game from DLsite today.

vaan21

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
So maybe I'm just stupid, but when trying to unpack the game with the enigma unpacker it seems that the game comes up with a error that suggests its not packed. Seems instead most of the game's assets are in rpgmvo or rpgmvp files. DLsite says the game was last updated 2019 but people don't seem to be running into this error and I downloaded the game from DLsite today.
That probably means the game is unpacked already if u already see the files that are rpgmvp or mvo. all u need to do is replace the files w/ the translation. You can only use enigma when the game.exe is 100 + mb or above.

Mick2000

Reputation score
rpgmvo or rpgmvp is RPGMV encryption file, if you can find this file in asset folder then that mean the game is not packed, when a game need to be unpacked you would see that the game files folder only have one single executable file because the entire game and it's asset has been "packed" inside it

Detra456

Reputation score
Welp ran into more issues, sorry for asking for so much help. Seems that after copying the files with the translation the game was expecting a "IconSet.png" file it can't find. Found a rpgmvp file. So the game is unpacked but the files are not in the expected format. I suspect I will need to decrypt those files and extract the images as is needed but I figured I run that by you guys given you seem to understand the software better than I.

qwereret

Reputation score
Welp ran into more issues, sorry for asking for so much help. Seems that after copying the files with the translation the game was expecting a "IconSet.png" file it can't find. Found a rpgmvp file. So the game is unpacked but the files are not in the expected format. I suspect I will need to decrypt those files and extract the images as is needed but I figured I run that by you guys given you seem to understand the software better than I.
Decrypting all of the rpgmvp files individually will get you past the title screen, but it throws up an error every time it looks for a file with a Japanese character set even if it's decrypted and named properly. Looks like Version 1.09 from DLSite breaks the patch. If you have Version 1.08, that one works fine.