What's new

[Complete - Full] [62studio] Lust Friend (RJ234434) translation

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
By the way, I'd appreciate any help with the still untranslated parts, i.e. succubus names and achievements. I'll understand if no one wants to, since it's my fault for using an older version of the game to begin with, and the untranslated parts aren't technically necessary to get through the game.

Fatalus

Reputation score
Oh no, those broke again? :D I can do names, but for the love of god I can't find where achievements are located... I searched the whole "js" folder and found nothing. I'm not sure how is that possible...
This actually made me upset, lol. Maybe Strange can shed some light on it.

P.S: There seems to be some enemies in recollection room that the "Unlock all" NPC doesn't unlock? I'm not sure what's going on here, I can see them in rpg maker when I want to translate their names, but they are not there in-game when I use the unlock all option. I'll wait for your reply before I start translating, in case I messed something up with patching.

Last edited:

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Oh no, those broke again? :D
Dw, I'm on it. Green Thoughts, you slavedriver xD I'd rather the files go through Green Thoughts 1st, since I've taken some liberties. Namepop done, I'll check the achievements now.

I posted about achievements before. The simple trick I use to get workable text might interest you for reference, @Fatalus (though I'm sure you're used to these json RPGMV spews out).

Reputation score
I'm having an issue... after applying the TL 6 patch, the game doesn't run... well, it opens, but it's just a blank white screen. Doesn't progress to the title screen.

The untranslated, not-unpacked game does run properly.

I have version 1.08

Fatalus

Reputation score
I'm having an issue... after applying the TL 6 patch, the game doesn't run... well, it opens, but it's just a blank white screen. Doesn't progress to the title screen.

The untranslated, not-unpacked game does run properly.

I have version 1.08
Try removing "%" symbols from "%DEFAULTFOLDER%".

Last edited:
OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
Okay, I've added one last translation patch to the OP, LF TL7. Hopefully, this should have everything translated, including all content in later versions of the game.

MarksAce

Reputation score
So Patch 7 is edited or still waiting on H scenes and other areas?

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Try it, mate. Translators need guinea pigs testers to make sure they have overlooked anything ;)
This should be 100%, for version 1.08 this time.

edit: I mean, look at @sportsfan30 below. This guy knows what I'm talkin' about (y)

Last edited:
OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
Everything is translated, but most H-scenes and battle dialogue aren't edited (other than using Find & Replace for common words).

sportsfan30

Reputation score
Everything is translated, but most H-scenes and battle dialogue aren't edited (other than using Find & Replace for common words).
Thanks for the fantastic work. Got a question, does anyone have a translation for the settings box or at least list the options available?

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
Thanks for the fantastic work. Got a question, does anyone have a translation for the settings box or at least list the options available?
I definitely translated those in an earlier version, but for some reason that wasn't carried over to this one. Anyway, I've now translated the options in the Settings Box. Rather than releasing yet another patch, I've updated LF TL7, so you can just download that again.

Soinla

Reputation score
Don't know if it's just from the DL download thing or something but Lust Friend seems to not have a data/js folder when I download it even when I put it in the www files it doesn't translate

Fatalus

Reputation score
Don't know if it's just from the DL download thing or something but Lust Friend seems to not have a data/js folder when I download it even when I put it in the www files it doesn't translate
It's explained in the original post, point 1. You need to unpack the game first.

HopefulCuddler

Reputation score
I can't seem to unpack the game. I tried the Enigma VB Unpacker, but it just gives me this error:

1595346847683.png

Does anyone know a different unpacker or how to fix this issue?

Last edited:

Ace04

Reputation score
From my experience, you just have to get the more updated version of the VB Unpacker. The links that lead to it should be on the same thread on the 1st page, click the link that leads to the latest unpacker, and from the website it leads to, just click Tools and find the VB Unpacker from there.

hanz992

Reputation score
I may have bitten off more than I can chew, but... here's the thread for translation of Lust Friend (Main thread).

This is a machine translation done using , followed by me editing. Later versions also include some contributions by @Strange and @Fatalus. I can't guarantee that it's accurate to the original Japanese, but it should have decent spelling and grammar, and (by the time it's finished) be consistent internally and with other 62studio games. Unlike my previous translations, this will be a partial one, focusing on what's strictly necessary to get through the game, mainly story and menus. Most H-scenes and some battle dialogue will be left untranslated. Even with these self-imposed shortcuts, it'll probably take me a month or more to finish the translation.
EDIT: After figuring out how to automate the machine translation process, I've been able to make this a complete translation. However, most H-scenes and battle dialogue aren't properly edited, I've just used Find & Replace to fix the names.

List of versions (will be updated as I work on this):
  • LF TL1: This should have the intro sequence, Fess Town (though not the insides of buildings), Fess Tower, and most menus translated.
  • LF TL2: This has the Fess Town buildings, Persephone Mountain Road and associated areas translated, along with all of the items. You should also be able to have conversations with the first few enemies now. There's still some untranslated text in the menus, though.
  • LF TL3: This has Succubus House, Raspberry Plateau, Desire Desert and some of Nectaris City translated. Unlike previous versions, this comes with a "js" folder (@Strange's contribution), which includes translation of Achievements, time and date display and some other things. This can be copied over in the same way as the "data" folder.
  • LF TL4: This has all maps and the conversation dialogue for all succubi translated. Though as mentioned above, most H-scenes and some battle dialogue remain untranslated, as well as some random text here and there that isn't in the files I've translated. If no one reports any major mistakes, then this will be the final version
  • LF TL5: This has practically everything translated, including all H-scenes and battle dialogue. Additionally, the names of succubi in Fess Town, Fess Tower and Succubus House are now translated, thanks to @Fatalus. Note, though, that most of the additions are not properly edited. ALSO, you need to apply LF TL4 before applying this, otherwise most things will remain untranslated.
  • LF TL6: This version is made using the latest version of the game (previous versions were made using Ver1.04, hence are missing the bonus scenes added in 1.05). It also includes some more translations by @Strange.
  • LF TL7: This version should have everything translated.
To apply the translation patch:
  1. Unpack the game using the tool Enigma VBUnpacker (look here for how to do that; the most recent version of the unpacker can be found )
  2. Download the patch and unzip it using 7-zip (look for how to do that)
  3. Open the patch and copy the "data" folder (in later versions, copy the "js" folder as well) into the game's "www" folder. Before doing this, it's strongly recommended that you copy the existing "data" and "js" folders in www to another location, in case something happens.
  4. You will be asked if you want to merge the folders, say yes.
  5. You will be asked if you want to replace the files, click on the box that asks if you want to do the same for all the files, then click on the first option to replace the files.
i have a problem , i bought the game from dsl sit , i extracted the game normally , i downloaded the pqtch NO 7 , extracted the files , but when i copy the data and js it does not ask me to merge or replace , the game is still in japaneese m what am i doin wrong