What's new

[Complete - Full] [62studio] Lust Friend (RJ234434) translation

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
I'm having trouble importing my old translation into my new project in Translator++. When I try importing, it either freezes at 30% progress or it freezes the moment I click "Import". The one time it worked was when I imported just a single file. Does anyone have any idea how to solve this problem?

Fatalus

Reputation score
1. Try importing from the .tpp file instead of .trans file and see if it changes anything.
2. When importing from .trans file, select "Import data" instead of the dafault one (forgot what's it called) - not sure if this method uses context matching, though.

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
I often run into this 'can't reload project properly' issue.
I typically just give up, and start a new project from scratch - handpicking which files I keep from the old project / which files I restore from the original's backup.
That's what I find easiest when I only have to work with a couple files; you'd just need to export these new files to your previous /data version.

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
1. Try importing from the .tpp file instead of .trans file and see if it changes anything.
2. When importing from .trans file, select "Import data" instead of the dafault one (forgot what's it called) - not sure if this method uses context matching, though.
I often run into this 'can't reload project properly' issue.
I typically just give up, and start a new project from scratch - handpicking which files I keep from the old project / which files I restore from the original's backup.
That's what I find easiest when I only have to work with a couple files; you'd just need to export these new files to your previous /data version.
Thanks for the answers. I eventually ended up copying one of the previous, translated data folders into my game folder, and starting a new project from that.

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
I've now released what should (hopefully) be the final version of this translation. This is made using the latest version of the game, so it has the bonus scenes added in 1.05. It also includes some more translations by @Strange.

OkNo10

Reputation score
So when i apply all the patches in order how they are supposed to be (this is a new save), whenever i check on the materials for the Fess tower it shows this for the Terikuma branch requirement.

I am on default language setting.

Attachments

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
whenever i check on the materials for the Fess tower it shows this for the Terikuma branch requirement.
Oh, right. I'll correct the common event and send the big man the file.
Thanks for the reminder, I had noticed T++ had its fun but I forgot to fix this.
edit: whoa that really got messed up. You'll have the correct item totals (have/needed) in the next (last?) version.

Last edited:

NopeNeverEver

Reputation score
It looks like the Bonus events are still missing. I looked at the map files for where the hard succubus event spawns (map054) and it looks like its missing the 2 lines (it only had 108 lines when there should be 110). I replaced just the map file and then the event would spawn, but when I tried to active it the screen went black and it soft locked. I managed to get it to work by replacing the commonEvents file, and when I looked that was also miss some lines (6039 instead of 6582) in that file too. So I'm guessing that the files are still the 1.04 version ones.

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
You're right; these events are in my backup, but not the new files.
It looks like we're using files from... v1.04, maybe?

ita1ian

Lurker
Reputation score
Thank you for all the work you've been doing, Green Thoughts and Co. Not just on this but everything in the past and current! Honestly, it's amazing that you do this and allow us to experience some of these incredible games!

I'm usually more of a lurker but it seems you're pretty receptive to updates. Also, I'm not sure if this is just a "me issue," but I'm getting Japanese text for one particular event. I have the latest version 1.08 and the rest of the game appears to be in English since your TL6 patch. However, the Succubus Cop seduction event turns into Japanese after selecting the "not going home" option. No biggie if you can't get around to it, but thought I'd bring it up to see if you or anyone else was having this issue. Again, thank you kindly!

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
I'm working on the new patch. When I tested it out, I inexplicably got this bug when I tried to enter the Succubus House:
Lust Friend bug screenshot.png

EDIT: And on another test, I got the same error when I entered the tool shop in Fess Town, when I entered Fess space, and at the end of the Hard Succubus' bonus scene (the one in the 1st area of Nectaris City) . However, I didn't get it when moving between other areas, or when I fought and won a battle. It seems to trigger on certain transitions but not on others.

Last edited:

Fatalus

Reputation score
Hmm... this looks like a tough one.

When the game crashes when changing zones, the code itself must be messed up. It's trying to send you to a location that doesn't exist I think.
I can take a look in rpg maker MV to see if the "Transfer Player" part got messed up. I might need the whole "www" folder to be sure I find the problem.
Feel free to PM me the files if you want me to take a look.

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Looks like a string disappeared somewhere on these maps. For instance, there's a plugin calling for:
Code:
var texts = map.note.split('\n');
Just the www/data/ folder would be enough. It can't be too difficult to pinpoint, but might be tricky to fix.

- the exact timing would be useful, in case I can't reproduce said bug; does it happen before, during or after the map transition?
- A few other maps where this happens might help (3 is already plenty... probably)

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
Here's my data file.

Looks like a string disappeared somewhere on these maps. For instance, there's a plugin calling for:
Code:
Just the www/data/ folder would be enough. It can't be too difficult to pinpoint, but might be tricky to fix.

- the exact timing would be useful, in case I can't reproduce said bug; does it happen before, during or after the map transition?
- A few other maps where this happens might help (3 is already plenty... probably)
It happens during the map transition (so I never see the other map).

Attachments

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
It happens during the map transition (so I never see the other map).
My hunch was right on the money.
Example: synthesis shop is map019. Change "note":null back to "note":"<C_Tint:OFF>" (like in the original file) and you're good.
You'll need to either comb every map (with a file comparer, maybe) or find out why it got deleted (was it T++?).
Looking at notepad++'s ctrl+shift+f, that would be 68 files exactly (all are maps)

A temporary stopgap would be to change line 223 of js/plugins/AnimationMapName.js to:
Code:
        if map.note
but I wouldn't recommend it; it's much better to solve the issue.

edit: yeah you can find/replace all 68 cases with "note":null -> "note":"<C_Tint:OFF>"
However, it might be good to know what process mass converted a string to null, as futher data might have been lost unknowingly.

Last edited:
OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
My hunch was right on the money.
Example: synthesis shop is map019. Change "note":null back to "note":"<C_Tint:OFF>" (like in the original file) and you're good.
You'll need to either comb every map (with a file comparer, maybe) or find out why it got deleted (was it T++?).
Looking at notepad++'s ctrl+shift+f, that would be 68 files exactly (all are maps)

A temporary stopgap would be to change line 223 of js/plugins/AnimationMapName.js to:
Code:
        if map.note
but I wouldn't recommend it; it's much better to solve the issue.
I can't find "note":null anywhere in the files in Translator++, though I can find 68 instances of <C_Tint:OFF>. On the other hand, I can find "note":null in the actual Map files when I open them in Notepad. In theory, I could do the changes in Notepad, then start a new project from that.

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
You can't mass replace in T++ when your hits are from the 1st column (unless you duplicate the 1st column but meh).
You'd need to delete each line (output should stay as the initial string) or force "<C_Tint:OFF>" in the rightmost column of each 68 matches.

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
Okay, I solved the bug. It turns out all I needed to do was delete <C_Tint_OFF> from the Initial column (it had been copied into that column when I used batch translation before). Here's a preliminary patch that should have all of the content translated, barring the achievements and most map names. Please report any issues you find.

Attachments