What's new

[Complete - Full] [62studio] Lust Friend (RJ234434) translation

Reputation score
I may have bitten off more than I can chew, but... here's the thread for translation of Lust Friend (Main thread).

This started out a machine translation done using , followed by me editing. Later versions also include some contributions by @Strange and @Fatalus. I've been learning Japanese recently, so the final version should be reasonably accurate to the original Japanese.

List of versions (will be updated as I work on this):
  • LF TL1: This should have the intro sequence, Fess Town (though not the insides of buildings), Fess Tower, and most menus translated.
  • LF TL2: This has the Fess Town buildings, Persephone Mountain Road and associated areas translated, along with all of the items. You should also be able to have conversations with the first few enemies now. There's still some untranslated text in the menus, though.
  • LF TL3: This has Succubus House, Raspberry Plateau, Desire Desert and some of Nectaris City translated. Unlike previous versions, this comes with a "js" folder (@Strange's contribution), which includes translation of Achievements, time and date display and some other things. This can be copied over in the same way as the "data" folder.
  • LF TL4: This has all maps and the conversation dialogue for all succubi translated. Though as mentioned above, most H-scenes and some battle dialogue remain untranslated, as well as some random text here and there that isn't in the files I've translated. If no one reports any major mistakes, then this will be the final version
  • LF TL5: This has practically everything translated, including all H-scenes and battle dialogue. Additionally, the names of succubi in Fess Town, Fess Tower and Succubus House are now translated, thanks to @Fatalus. Note, though, that most of the additions are not properly edited. ALSO, you need to apply LF TL4 before applying this, otherwise most things will remain untranslated.
  • LF TL6: This version is made using the latest version of the game (previous versions were made using Ver1.04, hence are missing the bonus scenes added in 1.05). It also includes some more translations by @Strange.
  • LF TL7: This version should have everything translated, though the H-scenes and much of the battle dialogue aren't edited.
  • LF TL8: This version has all the battle dialogue and the H-scenes of 4 succubi edited
  • LF TL9: This version has everything important translated and edited, including all H-scenes, and fixes various mistakes in earlier versions.
  • LF TL10: For Version 1.09 of the game (previous translations only work for earlier game versions). This fixes various mistakes from earlier versions including typos, mistranslations, untranslated text, inconsistent line spacing and lines too long for the text box. I was unable to attach the translation here, so you'll have to follow that link to a later post to download the translation.
  • : The only differences between this and LF TL10 is that a bug with the Busty Phantom's CGs is fixed, and the translation is now a single zip available from MEGA.
To apply the translation patch:
  1. Unpack the game using the tool Enigma VBUnpacker (look here for how to do that; the most recent version of the unpacker can be found )
  2. Download the patch and unzip it using 7-zip (look for how to do that)
  3. Open up the patch and copy the "data" folder into the game's "www" folder. Before doing this, it's strongly recommended that you backup the existing "data" folder in www, in case something happens. One way to do this is to rename it to something else (e.g. "data backup"), in which case you can skip the next steps if it's your first time applying the translation.
  4. You will be asked if you want to merge the folders, say yes.
  5. You will be asked if you want to replace the files, click on the box that asks if you want to do the same for all the files, then click on the first option to replace the files.

Attachments

Last edited:

Mick2000

Reputation score
i'm pretty sure LustFriend gonna be the longest one compare to other like Puttel or Wonderland since Friend have those befriend mechanic in battle, every character have like 3 times dialogue compare to any of 62Studio game.
i hope this gonna go well, Friend is my most favorite game of 62Studio production.

Oir

Reputation score
Haven't seen this translation but played through your translation of Lust Memory.

I noticed you have a tendency to translated moans as "ahhhh" and "ohhhh" with pretty little variety.
Feels a bit weird to type but in my opinion, it doesn't read very erotically.

I have no idea what a better alternative would be and I might be a minority here :/
Just my two cents. You're doing god's work, thanks again for another translation!

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
i'm pretty sure LustFriend gonna be the longest one compare to other like Puttel or Wonderland since Friend have those befriend mechanic in battle, every character have like 3 times dialogue compare to any of 62Studio game.
i hope this gonna go well, Friend is my most favorite game of 62Studio production.
Yeah, I still haven't translated most of the battle dialogue yet. I suspect that I'll end up lowering my standards for that part so I can get through it more quickly.

Haven't seen this translation but played through your translation of Lust Memory.

I noticed you have a tendency to translated moans as "ahhhh" and "ohhhh" with pretty little variety.
Feels a bit weird to type but in my opinion, it doesn't read very erotically.

I have no idea what a better alternative would be and I might be a minority here :/
Just my two cents. You're doing god's work, thanks again for another translation!
Actually, the original text has other lines like "Nnnn". I deliberately translated most of these as "Ahhh" and "Ohhh", since I thought it wouldn't sound as good in English. If you want, I could translate them more accurately (though since I won't be doing H-scenes this time, there won't be many of those lines).

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
I've now released a second patch. This has the Fess Town buildings, Persephone Mountain Road and associated areas translated, along with all of the items. You should also be able to have conversations with the first few enemies now. There's still some untranslated text in the menus, though, and I'm not sure where in the files it could be.

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
There's still some untranslated text in the menus, though, and I'm not sure where in the files it could be.
Let's see... You probably missed the parts of the code outside /Data.

As an example, to fully(?) translate achievements you'd need to edit:
/js/plugins.js (line 40, "Menu Text","List Hidden Title","List Hidden Description" and "List Cancel Message")
Commonevent #2, listing the achievements - as per defined by js/plugins/Torigoya_Achievement.js and plugins.js
edit: here's CE#2 in a somewhat more workable format, if that helps.
And plugins.js, with the bare minimum translation. Some stuff might need a new game to kick in, or might conflict with the alternate translation method.
PS: you might want to change '午前' and '午後' to AM / PM, in plugins/Chronus.js It looks better that way imo. 'morning' and 'afternoon' don't fit.

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
Let's see... You probably missed the parts of the code outside /Data.

As an example, to fully(?) translate achievements you'd need to edit:
/js/plugins.js (line 40, "Menu Text","List Hidden Title","List Hidden Description" and "List Cancel Message")
Commonevent #2, listing the achievements - as per defined by js/plugins/Torigoya_Achievement.js and plugins.js
edit: here's CE#2 in a somewhat more workable format, if that helps.
And plugins.js, with the bare minimum translation. Some stuff might need a new game to kick in, or might conflict with the alternate translation method.
PS: you might want to change '午前' and '午後' to AM / PM, in plugins/Chronus.js It looks better that way imo. 'morning' and 'afternoon' don't fit.
Thanks. I've now translated the achievements, though I'm not sure how to apply this translation to the game or what to do with the plugins.zip file.

Attachments

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Thanks. I've now translated the achievements, though I'm not sure how to apply this translation to the game or what to do with the plugins.zip file.
Looks like you've broken the list somewhere. I recommend using notepad++ with JSON language recognition. I'll look into that (later today).
edit: got it, you deleted a " line 391

Plugins.js goes into the /www/js/ folder. Backup the old one.

CE#2 replaces the old one in commonevents - from {"id":2 ... to the corresponding }
If you followed my pointers there https://ulmf.org/threads/62studio-no-nosakyubasu-succubus-in-wonderland-rj278424.13908/post-1103279, that would simply be the whole line 3 to replace (ctrl A; ctrl v).
edit: I reinjected your work, RPGMV didn't choke and die (y) now in the new commonevents below.

There were some more obscure issues with the time display (AM/PM). I think I only needed to edit www/js/plugins/chronus.js, here it is too if you wanna check on your side.

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
Looks like you've broken the list somewhere. I recommend using notepad++ with JSON language recognition. I'll look into that (later today).
edit: got it, you deleted a " line 391

Plugins.js goes into the /www/js/ folder. Backup the old one.

CE#2 replaces the old one in commonevents - from {"id":2 ... to the corresponding }
If you followed my pointers there https://ulmf.org/threads/62studio-no-nosakyubasu-succubus-in-wonderland-rj278424.13908/post-1103279, that would simply be the whole line 3 to replace (ctrl A; ctrl v).
edit: I reinjected your work, RPGMV didn't choke and die (y) now in the new commonevents below.

There were some more obscure issues with the time display (AM/PM). I think I only needed to edit www/js/plugins/chronus.js, here it is too if you wanna check on your side.
Alright, managed to get it to work.

I'd remove the "H" from the time, or replace it with a colon or full stop. And is there any way to translate the display of the current color of day as well? (i.e. making it say "Black Day" instead of the Japanese for that.)

Still, thanks for the help. I'll include this in the next translation patch, with credit to you.

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
the display of the current color of day
That already works (see pic below). Only for new games though; I think the calendar's created upon launch.
I agree with "10:00", or "10 : 00" if that's not possible.

No need to credit me, I haven't done much. Getting rid of the MTL is the long, hard, tedious part - and the most useful.
edit: wow, that was easy! New plugin.js for the hour format (I'd change the font color for the day too if I was wiser and less lazy :cry:)
edit2: now with "Synthesis" in shop menu (overlooked it)

Attachments

Last edited:
OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
I've come across some text that I can't fully translate, but it also seems important so I don't want to half-ass it. I've therefore decided to post it here and ask for more opinions.

Original text
『ラストリーパー』は別世界にて とある人間に敗北して以来、興味の対象を移したらしい。\! 元より3悪魔の中で最も危険度が低かったこともあり、 その人間が存在している限り狙われることはないだろう。
Google TL output
"Last Reaper" is in a different world Since he was defeated by a certain person, he seems to have moved his interest. \! It was also the lowest of the three demons from the original, As long as the person exists, they will not be targeted.
Bing TL output
The Last Reaper seems to have shifted the object of interest after defeating a man in another world. \! the least dangerous of the three demons than the original, and will not be targeted as long as the person exists.
My interpretation so far
Lust Reaper seems to have shifted her interests\!
after being defeated by someone in a different world.\!
Since she poses the least danger out of the three,\!

The context for this is that it's in an old diary found at the bottom of a well. Said diary is about
three powerful succubi who are considered a threat to the succubus world.

Mick2000

Reputation score
try my best with my Japanese skill and quite confuse with the context here...
『ラストリーパー』は別世界にて とある人間に敗北して以来、興味の対象を移したらしい。
"after Last Reaper was defeated in other world by a certain human, she seems to have change her interest"
must have referring to LustGrimm story, the human is the protagonist magrut.

元より3悪魔の中で最も危険度が低かったこともあり
"to begin with between 3 (trio) demons she's the lowest threat"
if the subject is fesse then it's still make sense. but the subject still THAT last reaper right? is the game saying there at least 2 others of her kin?

その人間が存在している限り狙われることはないだろう。
"as long that human still exist 'it' wouldn't be targeted"
i deliberately put 'it' cause i'm not sure who is this sentence referring. is it referring to last reaper won't be targeted thanks to certain human? how came a certain human existence protect her? is the human referred here is magrut? i mean it probably him if we try to connect the sentence here but why would magrut existence actually protect her? and why or who would targeting her?.

final correction:
"after Last Reaper was defeated in other world by a certain human, she seems to have change her interest. to begin with from 3 (trio) demons she's the lowest threat. as long that human still exist she wouldn't be targeted"
i genuinely thinking we missing some part of story here.

Fatalus

Reputation score
When you're struggling particularly hard on a sentence I suggest using . This one will split sentence into words/parts which you can mouseover to check all of their meanings. This is what I use as last resort - it's very accurate but also the slowest. Look mostly at Kanji though, Japanese has many particles in grammar which you can't really translate.

Strange

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Would that work?
『ラストリーパー』は別世界にて とある人間に敗北して以来、興味の対象を移したらしい。
『Lust Reaper』 was defeated by a human in another world; she might set her sights on another target.
"might" is a guess. "she's likely to set her sights on another target" might be closer?

"元より3悪魔の
中で最も危険度が低かったこともあり、
その人間が存在している限り
狙われることはないだろう"
Among the 3 original devils, she was the least powerful.
As long as that other human exists, the other two should leave you alone.
Thanks Internet Kami for UTF-16 converters :eek:

PS: conversely (t++'s utf-16) I know there are exactly 236 untranslated "namePop"s - the name displayed like "save" fairy or the crystals destination.
I might figure a way to get them all in one go (rather than tedious copy/paste). At least the more common would help, maybe?

Last edited:
OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
Thanks for the replies. I eventually settled on:
Lust Reaper seems to have shifted her focus after being\!
defeated by a human in a different world.\!
Since she poses the least danger out of the three, there's\!
no need to consider her so long as that human exists.

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
I've just run into another translation problem. Until now, I've been translating オタサーサキュバス (romanized as "Otasā sakyubasu") as "Idol Succubus", since the character in question aspires to be an idol (and succeeds in one sidequest). But I've just realised that "Otasa" may be intended as a portmanteau of "otaku" and "sakyubasu". By translating it as "idol", I've removed this meaning and also made it impossible to properly translate certain lines related to her. Trying to fix this issue would require me to go back through the files and edit all mentions of this succubus' name, and also edit multiple pages on the wiki. Out of laziness, I've decided to keep translating it as "Idol Succubus".

Fatalus

Reputation score
If you only want to change the name, Trans++ has a "Find and replace" function. But if you already translated stuff and the context was lost then yeah...
Nothing to feel bad about really. I've totally changed some enemies in leoquest too. Asking someone who doesn't know Japanese to properly get nuances or the text is word play is just too much.

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
I've released a third patch. This is much bigger than the previous ones, with the Succubus House, Raspberry Plateau, Desire Desert and some of Nectaris City translated. It also includes the text in js that @Strange translated.

AnInterestingName

Reputation score
I'm not sure if I've done some unpacking wrong but I'm getting a failed to load img/system/IconSet.png

OP
Green Thoughts
Reputation score
I'm not sure if I've done some unpacking wrong but I'm getting a failed to load img/system/IconSet.png
From a quick Googling of that error, the most promising solution seems to be in this post:
try this:
use a decryptor tool then grab the .png version of IconSet and put it in the same folder?
Failing that, there's some generic solutions you can try: making sure your computer is in Japanese locale, redownloading the game, and/or restarting your computer.