A rant about gaming.

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
Re: A rant about gaming.

Same here. It wasn't as long, but something about the time limit made it that much more exciting.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

Well, they put OoT onto the GC with an option to play through re-worked dungeons, and people bought it, so I was thinking: If they updated the graphics to be up to par with current-gen graphics, who here would buy it all over again... at a reasonable price, of course, like maybe 15-20 U.S. dollars? Perhaps even 10?

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Shit, I would buy that in a heartbeat.

OP
A

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

I just liked the four dungeons a lot better, especially the forest temple. It was so creepy. And the different things you could do with the masks were REALLY fucking cool. I loved all the little side quests you could do. And I'm a collector whore so I loved finding out all the little things you could do to get all the masks.

Kusanagi you mean Master Quest? That was fun. But a little weird. Example: You have to slingshot cows' heads that are randomly sticking out of the flesh walls in Jabu-Jabu. What type of graphics do you mean? Like Twilight-Princess style graphics? Because I fucking orgasmed over how gorgeous TP was, the entire damn game. For me, TP beats out all previous Zeldas I've played.

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score

The most amazing fact about TP was that it was released on Gamecube and the Wii. The weakest graphics consoles still made something that beautiful? Dayum.

Obeliskos

Tentacle God
Reputation score

STONE TEMPLE PLACE WAS THE BEST FUCKING TEMPLE IN ANY ZELDA GAME EVER.

That is all.

Kusanagi

Chief Nippleseer
Reputation score

Possibly even better than TP, if they released it on a console that could handle graphics :p
Unfortunately, it's exclusively Nintendo, so yeah, I guess TP graphics. Not that they aren't nice, but there's better out there, dammit >.<

OP
A

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

Eh. Not really. I thought the cell-shading suited the game's fairy-tale atmosphere perfectly. I'm really happy they went with it, and especially happy that even though they chose cell-shading, they didn't produce another abomination like Wind Waker.

WHICH WAS FUN. It WAS a good Zelda game. I just hated the fucking graphics.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

It's not impossible for Zelda to make its way onto another console... I'd like it personally, but I'm not holding my breath.

aika

El Presidente
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

I find that in general, one's favourite Zelda game is the first 3D one they played.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

In general. First for me was OoT, which I wasn't too partial to, but it seems to be most people's favorite considering the vastness of it for that time in video game history. Mine was MM. TP was really mediocre though :(

But you can't ever sell out on the Link to the Past.

OP
A

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

Really? I hated lttp.

And how was TP mediocre? The only thing that disappointed me about it was the fact that there wasn't much you could do with the Spinner (aside from that EPIC DUNGEON ROOM). I wish they had added more rooms that you could use it in. It was ridiculously fun. The spider-man clawshot was cool as fuck too. And the final boss battle? Best zelda final boss ever. First you get to the classic reflect-energy-ball-tennis match. Then you get to go all beast on his ass and be like ARR IMMA WOLF. Then you get to do the most EPIC horseback battle ever. Then you go one on one, no tricks, no traps, just sword to sword versus the dark evil.

How could any of that possibly be mediocre? You suck =(

Edit to add: So sinful, I tried Sacred. Wasn't impressed. Does it ever get... I dunno... less Diablo-ish? I also hated the fact that you have to open your inventory and select a new spell whenever you wanted to cast something different. Did I miss the tip where they explained how to easily have my blade-wall aura on as well as being able to cast lightning bolts?

Last edited:

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Maybe I'm jaded, having spent 6-8 hours every day for the past 18 years playing video games, but I like it when it's at all difficult on ANY setting.
And that whole "rule of 3" thing when it comes to bosses gets really childish

OP
A

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

Challenge is good, I agree with you there. And TP was pretty easy, as far as finger-twitch skills go. But pretty much all the Zelda's I've played were easy in that manner. I play them for the puzzles, and I didn't find myself being unsatisfied with the puzzles in TP. Which part did you find not challenging enough?

Rule of 3, I can see that bothering people. Though I don't really notice it.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Which part did you find not challenging enough?
That part right after the beginning until right before the credits.

Nunu

Despot
Former Admin
Reputation score

I find that in general, one's favourite Zelda game is the first 3D one they played.
pffft. majoras for the win.

i found TP fun and i think its a good game. not new but still good. i've enjoyed all the zeldas though.

OP
A

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

That part right after the beginning until right before the credits.
That doesn't really answer my question, as I was asking you which aspect did you find not challenging enough, i.e. the puzzles/thinking part, or the reflexes/combat/finger-twitch part. The reason I ask is because I found out of mm/oot/tp the puzzles were about the same level of difficulty, I had to think a bit, but I could solve them without going to a guide after two hours of scratching my head. And I don't think I die more than once, maybe twice on a Zelda playthrough. The only part out of any of the three that I can remember having trouble with is the water temple slime boss. But that's mostly because I try to do everything/find everything before making the next progression, so I usually have the maximum amount of heart containers you can have at that particular temple.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

So sinful, I tried Sacred. Wasn't impressed. Does it ever get... I dunno... less Diablo-ish? I also hated the fact that you have to open your inventory and select a new spell whenever you wanted to cast something different. Did I miss the tip where they explained how to easily have my blade-wall aura on as well as being able to cast lightning bolts?
Was it Sacred 1 for PC?

And no it dosn't get less Diablo-ish. I'm just currently really enjoying the game... once I beat it I'll probly never go through it again though. It hasn't overly impressed me either, but I still enjoy it.

Just fun for me I suppose. To each their own.

OP
A

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

Yeah. I got a little farther. Still kind of boring to me, but I never really enjoyed those types of games. I'll probably finish it - it does look kind of pretty - but not play the second one. I'd kind of like to see where the story goes, even though at this point it's really not that interesting.

An update on that... figured out how to have two spells on the board, but you have to click between them. Seems kind of lame when they give you like 9-12 spells... and that's not counting combat maneuvers...