What's new

A save editor for RPG Maker

OP
F

Froggus

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score
Re: A save editor for RPG Maker

Can't find anything like that attached, there is another Eventlog ocurring for the same error though under application error.
Sorry, I just assumed that Microsoft would do the sane thing and actually log the whole exception, message and all. I was wrong. Turns out every program that needs proper logging has to reinvent the wheel.

I'll add some bare-bones logging to the next version then.

As a general status update I'm done with editing items in MV saves and working on the VX saves right now.

NaoSoul

Tentacle God
Reputation score

This save editor has been a lot of help, too bad it doesn't work very well with Last Sovereign.

When you make changes to ProN or Relationship points, the changes don't stick. You make them, the game acknowledges that you made them but when you load the save it disregards the changes, so when you save it again it all returns to how it was before the edit.

deem

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Thanks for the save editor it makes so many things so much easier, it line of what house said i never managed to make it work in RJ153653 shinobi buster mizuna, and i support the changing the names idea it would be cool

OP
F

Froggus

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

This save editor has been a lot of help, too bad it doesn't work very well with Last Sovereign.

When you make changes to ProN or Relationship points, the changes don't stick. You make them, the game acknowledges that you made them but when you load the save it disregards the changes, so when you save it again it all returns to how it was before the edit.
Yes, apart from the crashing issues Carrnage is suffering from the game's save files are weird in other ways as well. But I've figured out what the problem is so that will also be fixed in the next version.

OP
F

Froggus

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

New version with the ability to edit your inventory.

Reputation score

RpgMakerSaveEdit.exe is not a valid Win32 application.

How do I fix this?

OP
F

Froggus

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

RpgMakerSaveEdit.exe is not a valid Win32 application.

How do I fix this?
The editor requires .NET Framework 4.5 which in turn requires at least Vista.

OP
F

Froggus

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Some minor bug fixes. Now you can edit items for The World Reforming Adventure of Queen Iris.

Carrnage

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Found out why the editor was crashing for my The Last Sovereign game, turns out that due to using cheat engine for increasing pron (a secondary currency) an event that multiplied the amount of Pron you have made the value far, far too big for the editor to handle (over 3 million)

seyfer110

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Any idea why "advanced options" are aways disabled/grey out?

emerald

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Any idea why "advanced options" are aways disabled/grey out?
I think the save (or maybe the application) needs to be in the games folder still so that it can find the games data files to get the names and what not for the switches/variables.

seyfer110

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

I think the save (or maybe the application) needs to be in the games folder still so that it can find the games data files to get the names and what not for the switches/variables.
MV's games have their own save folder

emerald

Demon Girl
Reputation score

MV's games have their own save folder
Have you unboxed the MV game, when he posted the update for the advanced menu he mentioned that it doesn't work on encrypted MV games.

seyfer110

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Have you unboxed the MV game, when he posted the update for the advanced menu he mentioned that it doesn't work on encrypted MV games.
Oh...then it must be it.
How to do that?

Last edited:

Carrnage

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

odd, The latest update has stopped reading whether the switches in a save are enabled or not for every game i've checked it with, though when saving it doesn't damage them so maybe just a display error?

lancer081292

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Does there exist a save editor for RPG Maker MV?

I would appreciate one with simple UI, just for the gold/exp maybe. Some games are just so grindy that a save editor could come in handy.
but didn't you know? working for your 1 paragraph semi-fetishy game over screen makes it more worth while :rolleyes:

Carrnage

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

odd, The latest update has stopped reading whether the switches in a save are enabled or not for every game i've checked it with, though when saving it doesn't damage them so maybe just a display error?
Are the earlier versions availiable anywhere as a stopgap?

OP
F

Froggus

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Are the earlier versions availiable anywhere as a stopgap?
Sure, I have backups of all public releases and the code in version control. I'll attach an older version while looking into this.

OP
F

Froggus

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Finally fixed switch-editing, only four months late. :eek: