What's new

A study in the eldritch (Lunaraia;Pervy;MortalitasBorealis)

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: A study in the eldritch (Lunaraia;Pervy;MortalitasBorealis)

ca
SPF (Super Phoenix Fey)
Dream dreaming!
Tag:Korrie, Aya, The Twins, The Zoog

"Boy howdy, would be a real ~nightmare~ getting trapped in that.. eh.. get it ? Get it?" Fey cheered, with flames trailing a bit after her, now pondering a big evil nightmare horse hunting after them. Propably with tentacles and.. huh, now that sounded kinda hot..

"Oooh whats a nightgaunt?" she inquired, sulking a bit as Shiroi raced ahead, and seriously considering shifting into her phoenix-form to try and catch up... "Eww whats that? Where is its face?" She responded to the Nightgaunt depiction. "Eww so. Ice." Fey simply assumed that this was her worst fear. "I don't like gaunts. They sound cool." She decided further.

"I don't mind moors.. moors means swampgas means BIIIG fires! Yeey!" Fey kept her enthusiasm. "I think the nightmare-stuff is catching up though. Thats bad right? I'ma burn the next thing I see without a face.. in the face!" Fey determined, her cheeryness slipping for a more determined, fighty mood, looking about, until ushered away by Aya.

"PFf.. who needs crayons." Fey enthused, folding her hands and focusing. "I can shape fire into -whatever- I need." She said, foldign her hands, then releasing flames to burn a total of five symbols, three to the right, two to he left, into the tunnels ceiling, grinning slightly, keeping her hands held up. Admittedly, if the signs needed to be drawn with high accuracy hers might be a bit lacking, but it seemed producing a multitude of themj at a quick pace would be no problem for her.. quantity over quality.

She still seemed edging to burn any of the icky fear-creatures that came close, unless held back.

MortalitasBorealis

Demon Girl
Reputation score

For a second, Korrie pondered why Erfek just so happened to have a picture of a Nightgaunt in his backpack, but then she remembered it’s probably just magic, like everything else in this world. “Korrie thinks she’d prefer the horse…” The wyvern remarked, shivering just thinking about what’s pursuing them. Sure the Nightgaunts don’t LOOK that scary, just some kind of bat gargoyle, but from what Aya’s telling her their hunting habits are, she definitely doesn’t want to get even a mile near one. She’s not even sure what her worst nightmares would be, and frankly she doesn’t want to find out. Although, thanks to Fey a rather silly thought emerged through the fear. “…Imagine if someone’s worst fear are bad puns though. That’d be one heck of a way to go.” She remarked, chuckling a little.

Much as they tried to run, the cloud was still faster, and Korrie watched with a sinking heart as their surroundings turned far more sinister, lovely green forests turning into twisted woods where all manner of evil creatures would fit in. At least the Nightgaunts themselves weren’t as fast as the nightmare, but she knew they weren’t far behind.

Upon Aya’s call, the two apprentices who had been a distance ahead turned and sped into the cave too, having been too far to hear any of the explanations. It didn’t take a genius to know the nightmare is a far more dangerous phenomenon than just something that makes the world a bit spookier considering the others’ reactions to it though, so as soon as the first symbol was drawn, the sisters immediately memorized it and drew their own on their side of the entrance, Kuroi using her quill and Shiroi simply lighting up a finger that left magic marks on the walls just fine, spacing theirs about the same way as Aya did. Korrie hurried to do the same to the inner passage too, figuring it’s some sort of barrier and they want any possible entrance covered. Rather than bothering with the pencil though, she simply takes a page from Fey’s book and heats a claw until it’s glowing like lava to scrawl on the walls with, at least it’d let her work faster than with a writing tool. She even tries to imitate what Fey did and just breathe out fire symbols to sear into the wall, though while she could probably do so, it’d still be far slower than with someone with much more instinctive control over flames. The wyvern really didn’t need any additional motivation to do anything it takes to keep the nightmarish creatures out…

"I don't know why we're doing this, but I'm guessing this is a barrier to keep the nightmare and whatever's in it out. So how long does it take for the nightmare to pass? ...And this wouldn't happen to be one of those underworld-leading-to caves, would it...?" Shiroi asked as she glanced over at the two fire-wielders and decide to just do the same, drawing a symbol in mid-air, multiplying it with a twirl of her finger and covering the entire side of the wall at once, probably more than they even needed and leaving her sibling in both awe and disappointment because it's too late for her to try showing off now. Fine manipulation of her energy like this should normally be a lot harder, the albino noted, yet things felt so much more intuitive now, no doubt thanks to Lady Pale Moon's blessing.

OP
L

Lunaraia

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Aya kept drawing frantically up until her side of the entryway was covered in the pale blue light, likewise Shiroi and Kuroi's marks started to glow as they finished them, as Aya watched the girls finished their side and started to explain to the curious girl "The Elder Sign, a gift from the Elder God N'tse Kaambl to the mortal races to use as a bulwark against Entities that would seek to do the younger races harm, it's a temporary reprieve for us, since I don't have the materials to make the effect permanent, but we can use it to create a rather nasty surprise for any-" she never got to finish her explanation as a Nightgaunt suddenly swooped into the cave opening amd barged into the readied Signs, the result was spectacular as tendrils of energy shot out at the Nightgaunt, blasting it several feet backwards while leaving a trail of smoke and a scent of sulfur behind, the creature rose slowly and clutched it's right arm, smoke rising from several nasty burns where the energy had hit it and gave an angry hiss, before taking off into the sky again.

In the inner parts of the tunnel the fiery marks glowed faintly but much dimmer than the markings that Aya and the twins had made, the markings were apparently accurate enough to work but not accurate enough to be at full strength, though Erfek was more than happy to try and point out the errors to strengthen the marks. "Well we have no choice but to either wait out the Nightmare, which could take days, or head into the tunnel, this one here doesn't lead into the Underworld itself, but it does lead into the Karthian Hills that moor and rolling hills are going to be a rather difficult trek but seeing as it's either that or the Nightgaunts..." she gave a sigh and started to look through her bag until she took out a small container and opened it, revealing a glowing crystal which she calmly tossed over to Fey, then repeated the procedure for the others as well. "These will be lighting out way, and before you say anything Fey, this is gonna be a rather long trek if we relied on your fires to do so even you would run out of steam, now lets go while these barriers still hold" with that the took the lead and started to walk deeper into the Cave, as she passed Erfek she picked him up and placed it on her shoulder and handed it another crystal as well "Keep it visible to those behind us so if something happens they know where to go" the Zoog nodded "Good plan, no telling what is down in this tunnel" it said as it kept is smaller crystal held up so that the others could see it hovering over Ayas head and with that Aya started to walk further into the tunnel.

Last edited:

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

SPF (Super Phoenix Fey)
Dream cave
Tag:Korrie, Aya, The Twins, The Zoog, ehmagerd gauntz

"Right, right, make more signs." Fey mused, burning more into the tunnel with ease, before turning to an explosion, watching, chuckling, raising a finger. "Well, yeah, it is either that or the nightgaunts, so why don't I give some an impromptu branding with that star-thing?" She shrugged, looking at the tossed crystal. It seemed Aya was determined to lead the way down into the tunnels.

"I'd run out of steam humn.." She stepped closer to the entrance of the cave, passing Aya and staring out, though not recklessly enough to step past the signs, her hand extending towards the fleeing Nightgaunt. "Eh." She shrugged, lowering it again, tossing Aya back the crystal. "I don't run out of steam, handler. I don't get any of this elder nonsense, but don't forget that you aren't travelign with some simple helpess, defenseless pets.. as enjoyable as it is to play that role. But I think I need to explain something that Mistress understands which you don't, because only one of you has seen my mind.

My powers control flames, yet, have you seen any fires about while I did so? Usually I just throw out fireballs, create little dancing flames.. and the reason for that is not because I couldn't do more, the reason is not a lack of powers, It's that if I did anything more, I'd use up all the oxygen in the air, suffocating not just my opponent but myself.. potentially permanently. Everyone keeps getting this wrong. I don't create flames. I don't use up any powers, I control them. Used to use a lighter, matches, chemically treated ignition paper magicians use, whatever I could get my hand on, with the necklace and as a dream-phoenix, but I don't create fire, I just tell it what to do.

And the hard part is not creating fire or even empowering it.. its keeping it in check. You see, if I were to go all out, I'd burn everything flammable. You. Korrie, the twins... You are flammable.

Imagine you try to be silent, imagine you are a kid hiding in a closet, making sure to breathe only as faint and as shallow as you need to to stay conscious thats me, thats how I feel every day. The world around me is way too easily burned, if I so much as breaaaaathe heavily."
Just for emphasis, Fey exhaled with the a, the flames making up her attire blazing up suddenly, scorching the tunnel around her, threatening to singe any eyebrows getting too close. Much slower than they had risen, the flames died own again.

"It's not that I couldn't annihilate anything in these tunnels or up in the sky in a blazing inferno, it's that I couldn't go back. Everyone thinks me a hothead, a pyromaniac, I believe, if any of you had my powers, just for a minute, you'd see I'm pretty much the opposite. Or perhaps thats just me making a cheap excuse, who knows. Anyway. Thats what I want the Joghurt peppers, they are not to unleash my powers or get a cheap high.. ok, perhaps a little bit.. but mostly,.. I can burn, without burning, if that makes sense. They are an anaesthetic. And no.. you can't fix that with a magical necklace or a spell, this is who I AM. The reason I have a more resilient mind may be my fiery spirit.. or it is that I am used to keeping myself under control so much.

My biggest fear is not ice or water or running out of fire, my biggest fear is standing ablaze, in a charred wasteland, above all of your dead remains. I know because faceless and flappy showed me before I got to attack it."
She exhaled, looking at the dream-witch.

"Korrie and I are taking the lead. I'm more durable, and Korrie is a lot stronger than she even knows herself. Your spells run out and you are more vunerable. I get that you want to help out and make up for .. stuff, but respectfully, Handler, don't forget whose leash you hold. Guide us with knowledge, point us where to burn or bite down but stop dragging us behind like attachements. And stop telling us all this complicated weird eldritch stuff. I don't care if what we face is called Ntze Kaambl, Cthulhu or Blibdoolpoolp, I want to know if its flammable. I don't really get things beyond that, Korrie just gets scared. We aren't people, we are animals, mythical, but still." She lifted Korries chain, and let her flames retract to display her nude body, demonstratively. Then she leaned in and, whilest softly groping Korries left breast, kissed her lips. "Fey doesn't -want- to be mistreated as a human and I bet, neither does her sister, Korrie is just too shy to tell you herself. If the Zoog wants to use me as simple guard-animal when you don't thats nothing wrong or strange, I do belong to my owner and mistress of course and have to help her, but if another handler can guide me better to that goal than you, I will follow them instead." Fey nodded and a glance at Aya made clear she wasn't all kidding.

"And I am aware that this isn't exactly true, I can't turn into a fire bird last I checked and if Korrie has a full on dragonform I call dibs on riding... but in the dreamlands it kind of is, you should understand that better than most. The twins are your apprentices, tell them or.. frankly, tell Shiroi. She wants to be your apprentice.. seriously, am I the only one taht has noticed that Kuroi hasn't said a word for.. a while now? Infact.. haven't heard her talk since the island.. Kuroi, there is nothing to be ashamed about wanting to become a feline slave-sister to us, no one here is judging you, and your sister wants you happy, ok? If you rather Owner and her master.. and a good handler can help work on your mind and body to become a good pet that doesn't want to be treated like a person." She nodded, then cleared her throat..

"Sorry for speaking my mind so directly, but my little sister wont. I know you want to protect and guide us, Aya, and I apreciate it, ut remember, just because we chose to take the forms of a cute fire girl and her lizard sister and follow and obey you doesn't mean we are harmless. I'm a phoenix, she's a dragon and unless my memory with fiery grandpa is completely false, you of all people should not underestimate what I can do.. and you haven't even seen what Korrie can do when she gets wild." Frankly, neither had Aya. Korrie wasn't quite the wild type, but deep down Fey sincerely believed that Korrie was the bigger threat of the two.. if sufficently motivated, for example by dire threat to her, or their owner, as well as an injection of adrenaline and someone poking her with a big stick and shouting 'go!'. She chuckled, leaning in to once again kiss and now even lick, in a slightly sloppy, lewdly inhuman way at Korries lips, playing a gentle hand along her collar and chain, letting Korrie now how much of a pet she was, both seeking to comfort her sister after the nightmarish encounter and finding her own comfort in doing so. "Now, down you go, ok Korrie? Don't need a silly light-crystal with me about and we both know you rather walk on all fours and check for dangers on the ground, I'll stretch my wings and keep the tunnel-ceiling in mind, no more suprises. We see a gaunt, we tear it down BEFORE it gets to unleashing any fears on us." She nodded, then modulated her flames to illuminate the tunnel, stepping ahead of Aya, in a rather definite, demonstrative way.

(Time to earn my keep with a slightly larger post. :p Now, I did a reroute IC because I think theres a slight OOC issue you haven't realized. Remember that this isn't Ayas tour to the eldritch, take a backseat, don't carry all the work with you presenting the threats and then Aya solving them, she can be a pc and show off too, but not all the time, having one of your characters say 'do X' and another go 'yeah, thats smart!' is usually a big warning sign. :p Check out

Last edited:

MortalitasBorealis

Demon Girl
Reputation score

The raven-haired apprentice yelled in shock as one of the nightmare creatures slammed into the ward and was promptly repelled, Shiroi raising a palm that was charged with misty energy but didn’t have time to fire before the gargoyle-like thing escaped. While none of the three were particularly happy with having to go down the tunnel into the east where it was just mentioned that the path was filled with peril, it was still better than trying to wait days or facing more of those gargoyles, especially for Korrie who actually knew what they were capable of.

It was at about that point that Fey suddenly launched into a rant, which gave the three pause since it sort of came out of nowhere. Korrie and Kuroi didn’t really know how to react at first, the wyvern just awkwardly going along with it as she was suddenly groped and kissed, embarrassed but not particularly aroused given the situation, but Shiroi caught the gist of the phoenix’s core frustration pretty quickly though and sighed.

…Someone’s tired of being underestimated.” The albino remarked at the end once Fey was done, taking a deep breath. “Look, we all know how powerful you are, fire elemental and all, but we’re not the ones who know jack about how this world works. Aya’s the local with several centuries of knowledge, so I’m pretty sure if anyone knows when a creature is too dangerous or if there’s a more efficient way of doing things besides setting things on fire, it’d be her. I know you want to be useful, but you’re not the only one, and not everything can be solved by just telling you to go burn it, so maybe you should cool off with the ‘I’m your weapon, shut up and let me do everything for you’ thing. Even though frankly if you could just walk up to the King in Yellow and incinerate him or burn the nightmare to ashes right now, that’d be just swell. Oh, and also,” Her eyes narrowed into a dark glare, “Don’t act like you know my sister. If she wants to talk then she’ll talk, and if she wants to be a pet cat long term then she’ll say so. I’ll support whatever she chooses, but I won’t have you try and pressure her into joining you.

S-Sister, please, it’s fine…” Brought into the argument again, Kuroi immediately tried to mediate before things escalated any further. “I’ve just had a lot on my mind, and, well, you’ve sort of been saying anything I wanted to say before I could, sister… B-But there’s really nothing to worry about, honest. I’m still considering the pet thing, and when I come to a decision I promise it’ll be entirely my own, so please don’t fight…

The albino looked into her sibling’s eyes for a moment, took a deep breath and sighed before turning towards the Dreamlands local. “Fine. That said, Fey has a point, Aya. It’s good that you want to protect us and I know you’re the one who knows this place best, but you don’t have to coddle us all the time. Think about it, you almost died cursing the cyclops, when the whole time you could really just have told Fey to roast it herself and create just as much a spectacle. You’ve got two powerful pets practically begging to please, and sis and I aren’t pushovers neither, let us protect you. If there’s a threat, just tell us what we should know, give us some directions and enchantments, and let us do the rest. You’re our guru afterall, there’s a reason commanders don’t frontline themselves even if they want to. I mean, what the heck are we supposed to do if something happens to you?

But sis is right, this isn’t the time for infighting. We can snap at each other’s necks again when we’re safe in Ulthar or Dylath-leen.” Shiroi continued and drew yet another of the star-shaped markings in the air, putting a finger on the center and dragging it in a large circle, resulting in an entire ring of the marks which then duplicated into two rings, one of them spreading out to stick to the walls while the other floated behind the girl and stayed there like a large halo on her back. To those familiar with tech, it was almost akin to someone playing with an art program in virtual reality. “Like Fey wants, she and Korrie can lead. Sis and I will cover the rear and make sure nothing follows us. Aya, you and Erfek should stay in the middle, where you won’t be the first to get hit and still be able to snipe with spells. That okay?

If everything is agreed on, Korrie will take position at the front with Fey, blushing as she was licked on the lips and obediently getting on all fours like a beast, and the group can proceed down the tunnel. Every few minutes or so, the ring of symbols behind Shiroi would duplicate and spread into the walls, creating regular barriers that’ll make sure absolutely nothing can sneak up on them. The only problem is the front, which will require Fey and Korrie’s senses to detect any incoming threats. The wyvern remained a little distracted though, thoughts still lingering on a few things Fey said, namely what referred to her.

Personally she thought the phoenix had thought too highly of her. Sure she may be half-dragon, but it’s not like she actually is a descendent of real fire-breathing lords of the skies. Far as she knows, she’s just the result of a genetic experiment that mutated her using spliced DNA. Maybe in the dream world she could match the average eldritch horror in strength and versatility of power, but outside of that… She’s also not sure what to think when Fey said she’s an animal, not a human. A big part of her felt excited and inclined to agree, but another part found itself more hesitant to fully cast aside the notion she’s a person like any other, perhaps from how blunt and sudden the declaration had been. Is this what she truly wanted? To be seen and treated as just an animal, like a pet dog? Her mind’s leaning towards yes, but there’s just a bit of doubt… And of course, she outright wanted to disagree with not being let in on the know because she gets scared. Yes, she IS terrified by the dangers of this strange realm around her, having to face beings of incomprehensible power she has no hope of beating, but she’d sooner be scared than ignorant. …Perhaps that’s the doubt she felt. She wants to be treated as an animal, but not a dumb one, being assumed unable to understand anything, just told to bite and snap at whatever she’s commanded to fight and nothing more. She just doesn’t know how to voice that…

OP
L

Lunaraia

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Aya took a deep breath as she listened to Fey and Kuroi going at it, ready to step in and end the debate if needed, though ultimately it didn't end in blows so luckily it didn't come to that, she gave a sigh afterwards "You are right Fey, I guess I have been coddling you and the others when in treality there was no need for it" she smiled gently and nodded slowly, with that she took position behind Fey and put a hand on Korrie's and Fey's heads ruffling them lovingly.

"Stay on your guard as you lead then, there is no telling what might be lurking in here" she gave the duo an encouraging nod and would follow as they lead the way down the tunnel, behind them there was another sound of flapping wings, the elder signs etched into the wall activated again followed by a thud and an angry hissing sound as well as feet dragging themselves away "Right, that barrier isn't going to get any stronger, lets get going" And let's hope that the Nightmare have not spread to the hills as well Aya thought to herself, though she didn't say anything.

As the group passed over the inner barrier they would feel like they passed through a field of static electricity as every hair on their body would rise then fall again as they passed, causing Erfek to look much bigger than it was for a moment, it would also leave behind a light itching sensation but would otherwise not react to the group, the tunnel itself was angling downwards slightly as it went further underground though after a while it flattened out again, the temperature started to drop sharply as they got further in, the warmth of the sun unable to warm up the cold and dark underground tunnel, soon it was so cold that the groups breath would be visible in the light from the crystals and fire.

((Both of you please Roll 6 sided die and post the result in an OOC at the end of your response to this post, the result in and of itself does not matter to much on its own as I will be adding the two together, just keep in mind that a high roll does not automatically equate to good, also sorry for the lack of content, still being borderline narcoleptic))

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

SPF (Super Phoenix Fey)
Dream cave

"I don't cool off. And you've got a weird way of ... helping your sister make her own decisions by speaking for her. Chuuuuu." Fey responded by showing Shiroi a tongue when she got all glary. Korrie for her part felt silent, causing Fey to shrug slightly. Well she had tried talking it out, if Korrie wasn't in the mood to recriprocate, little she could do, so she just more or less quietly focused on advancing on their goal of saving mistress.

"It's not like I mind coddling, but not the time or place.. As for whats ahead..well, worst case, underground gaunt to burn." Fey figured at what could be ahead. She seemed a bit pouty, though the ruffling helped soothe her. What Shiroi had said was of course true, as much fun as Aya had been overall, ever since she'd been in charge after the return from the island, they'd been rushed about to the point were Fey felt her part could have been played by any random bystander with maybe a lighter. So at that point, why not just try saving their owner in another way. Sure, Aya had some complicated eldritch plans, but Fey was a fire user, she came up with fire plans, so Aya came up with eldritch witchery. Meanwhile, she happened to know a chemicals using villainess back in Dynasty city, who might have an idea herself..

She peeked at the barrier, patting down her fiery hair when it got attracted to the tingling sensation of the ward, chuckling a little at the puffed up Zoog. Then they continued, with the phoenix-girls eyes curiously taking in what came ahead, as she asked.: "So just to take a step back, we are trying to find some rare poison-cure, in a library, in the dreamlands. Not to sound scary, but what happens if we aren't sucessful here, what exactly was this poison anyway? How do you know this'll help out and stuff, it does sound super dangerous. I get that we can't bring Mistress to a generic hospital, but isn't there some poison expert or healer gal, here or in the real world we can ask before we break into the library of guy so and so? I mean.. I didn't quite get what was going on, but exactly how dangerous a poison can the average fish-lady get her hands on? And sorry, but another question, uhmnn.. if the fish lady used a super duper special poison.. Where did she get that from and why use it? I mean I'm just thinking, if I had the super duper awesome poison, I'd save that to deal with someone I had a real problem with, not just.. throw it at someone to get new pets. Did owner do something to really mess with the fish-people? How did the twins run into fish-lady again actually, isn't the island protected and stuff? I mean.. wouldn't the fish-lady know about that? Its just like one of these puzzles were something doesn't fit until you realize you're missing a piece if you ask me." Fey was willing to believe Aya had been overdoing the whole 'wanting to do all of this herself', which made her thoughtful, which made her.. ask some suspicious questions. Perhaps it was the adrenaline rush of facing the nightmare creatures combined with the conflict, as little as that seemed to affect Fey. Either way, she shook her head, then adedd, with the growing cold: "Brrr.. I dun like this place." Fey complained as the surrounding area grew cold, her flames flickering more determinedly. Didn't help that she was effectively naked without the fires.

OOC: It's a three, middle of the road!

Last edited:

MortalitasBorealis

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Korrie nuzzled into Aya’s petting hand as usual, though there wasn’t quite as much enthusiasm as usual considering the argument, and the puppy ears were absent for once. Still, it helped a lot to ease her troubled thoughts and help her focus on the task at hand.

Flinching a bit as another nightgaunt smashed into the barrier, the pet wyvern and apprentices were all too eager to get going, shivering as they passed through the inner barrier and patting down their hair again after going through what felt like static electricity. Kuroi snickered a little upon seeing Erfek poof up though.

The three eventually started shivering for a different reason as they delved deeper into the tunnels, the air temperature dropping steeply and the only light sources being Fey and Korrie’s flames and Shiroi’s energy wings and halo of ward symbols. While the wyvern strengthened the flames running along her body for some extra warmth, Kuroi took out her quill and wrote ‘Warm’ on her clothes and Shiroi’s, processing the prompt and giving the fabric magical insulation. It’s a little trick she learned during the winters, and with her improved control over her powers, the prompts should last quite a while.
Thus the crew continues, Shiroi leaving behind another layer of wards every few minutes while Korrie peered attentively into the path ahead, scanning for anything unusual. She also sniffed the air like a hound for suspicious scents, which while normally wouldn’t be very helpful as her sense of smell isn’t that enhanced, imagination and belief goes a long way to help in the dreamworld.

((Five, wonder what that will mean~))

OP
L

Lunaraia

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Aya looked over at Fey as she inquired about the toxin "If I had known about anyone in the city capable of curing that toxin, we would be there getting the recipe, not here in this tunnel, that being said we-" she stopped as a glow was starting to shine on the cave wall much further down, outside their own light source, someone or something was approaching.

Aya motioned for them to stop as whatever it was crossed the corner, revealing a strange creature that seemed to be made out 5 of burning spheres with crimson lightning arching between them "Fey keep that thing away from the others they are not fireproof, in difference from you!" the fiery thing stopped as it noticed the group, then sped up as it moved towards group, if Fey did indeed intercept it she would find that it was searing to the touch, or would have been if she wasn't immune to fire.

"The rest of you support fey from a distance, one touch and that Fire vampire will cause irreparable harm to you, if it is able to set you ablaze it will use that to consume your memories and life force" she warned even as she took a step back herself, she was about to start casting herself, but stopped herself midway through, not only because Fey should be able to handle the Fire Vampire, since she couldn't be burned by it and also, but also because she had not recovered from the dread curse she cast earlier.

As she stopped herself she heard a shuffling sound behind her and another creature crawled out from a side corridor "Korrie, since your dragon hide is more fire resistant than mundane skin you keep supporting Fey, Shiroi Kuroi help me deal with these guys" the crawling creature started to mutter to itself as it rose up, it looked... wrong, as if some mad child had taken several dolls apart then just randomly glued the doll heads together with dough leaving a mass of mouths and eyes randomly scattered all over the thing.

Realizing the danger after identifying the threat Aya started to go into casting herself but stopped abruptly as she coughed harshly "Crap, not good, guess that spell took more out of me than I expected, careful you two, that thing is extremely resilient to physical harm and compulsive magic has no effect at all, also be sure not to get grabbed or you do not want to know what it will do to you if it does" she warned as he stepped back swiftly, pulling out a wand and sending a bolt of arcane energy into the mass of flesh, Erfek hanging onto her cowl to not fall of as she did, the bolt itself didn't seem to do much damage though it clearly hurt as it let loose an unnerving yell of pain from its many mouths.

((again please roll a D6 each, and post the number you get, I will be rolling every few posts to see if the battle attracts any attention and if so i want to know what gets drawn in, and no you can't meet this group again as the table is a different one :p))

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

SPF (Super Phoenix Fey)
Dream cave

"Hmnn.. ooh something glowy! .. got it handler miss!" She bounced towards the creature, noticing its searing nature, she inquired: "Frieeend?" Though, Ayas explanation made her hesitate: "That doesn't sound friendly at all!"

"Well uh.. I figure fire is not going to work on it.." She eyed the spheres, while the fire didn't really affect her beyond a "Tihi.. it tickles!" an enemy made of fire also took away her primary offense. After a moment of consideration she raised a fist, attempting to test the spheres durability before using her last option, trying to blow the thing up with an overcharged little object... half forgetting that this was the dream-world by now."Feeeeeeyy.. punch!" She determined as she slammed a fist into one of the spheres, with the force of an averagely fit human female. "No eating memories and lifeforce of Feys friends! Bad glowy balls!"

(I rolled a 1, do keep in mind that results of 6,7,8ish are more likely with 2d6 than for example a 2. :p)

MortalitasBorealis

Demon Girl
Reputation score

There was a strong sense of discomfort coming from the back of the formation when Fey asked about the poison and what led up to it. Afterall, the two sisters were still feeling very guilty over their own gullibility which led to Christine’s poisoning and the whole mess they’ve gotten everyone into. Sure they weren’t as attached to the eldritch mistress as the two indoctrinated pets, but she was still their benefactor who took them in as apprentices even after they essentially manipulated her into curing Shiroi (and paying the medical bill), and even if they didn’t like her which was far from the truth, they still wouldn’t wish poison on anyone, much less do the deed themselves. Both of them had accepted what had happened since then and silently vowed to do everything in their power to undo their wrongs at the very least, but being reminded of their fault in all this was still not fun.

Fortunately or perhaps unfortunately, there wasn’t much time for brooding. The tunnels were no doubt filled with perils of their own, and some had found their way to the group. Korrie and the twins paused when an unknown light source appeared in the distance, the wyvern praying it’s just some friendly cave dweller making their daily commute, but alas it was not to be.

…What is that, a fire sprite?” Shiroi raised an eyebrow as she looked at the strange creature. Nonsensical anatomy should be expected from eldritch creatures, but still, five glowing balls of fire and nothing else is a bit unexpected. The creature’s nature was quickly explained to them though, and while Korrie instinctively stepped back a little to let the truly fireproof Fey handle the fire vampire, the albino charged up energy into her palm, aiming to shoot one of those orbs once the phoenix can hold it still. To their misfortune though, the eldritch vampire was not the only thing to worry about.

Korrie and Kuroi both failed to stifle a yelp of horror and disgust upon seeing the mass of amorphous flesh creeping on from the side. Only Shiroi just cringed mildly and redirected her aim towards the second creature. “Yes, not being grabbed by the mass of flesh made out of mouths and teeth seems like a lovely idea. Sis, stand back. I think I know what to do.” The albino remarked before slamming her palm into the floor, erecting a Svalinn barrier between the group and the beast. Unlike the one she had used to defend against Fey though, this one had a harsher tone of light to it from the difference in energy composition, turning the wall of misty energy from a defensive shield into a deadly field meant to disintegrate what it touched. With a forward shove of her palm, the barrier began moving forward at a crawling pace, smoothing the floor it passed over as jutting bits of terrain and pebbles turned to dust, its edges extending and trying to wrap around the disgusting creature in order to enclose it and crush it. At the very least, Shiroi hoped to force the beast to retreat back into the side tunnel and leave.

Kuroi meanwhile, figuring there wasn’t much she could do against either opponents, stood back with Aya and tried to think of some way to help. Her best bet is drawing weapons and Rendering them into real items, but she needs paper for that… doesn’t she? Attempting something new, the ravenette tries to draw a tower shield on the cave wall with her quill and pressed her palm to it, channeling more magic power as a base rather than paper. To her relief, the lopsided rectangle started to enlarge until it became person-sized and emerged from the wall. Same happened for the spear she drew next. Of course, a spear and shield isn’t exactly the most useful of tools compared to what her allies possessed. She’ll have to be more creative… Maybe some prompts on her items could do the trick?

Back with the fire vampire, Korrie was nervously watching Fey wrestle with the flaming orbs of ‘evil’. “Korrie doesn’t think fire will work on it and touching it is a bad idea for anyone but you, so Korrie thinks she’ll let you handle it…” The wyvern sheepishly remarked. Sure she was resistant to fire, but not completely immune, so if Fey could handle it fine there’s no reason to risk herself. Provided Fey’s punch proved the balls to be solid and not in fact just pure plasma though, Korrie will try to turn her claws razor sharp and swipe at one of the lower balls, hoping to slash through it and that the brief contact won’t be enough for the being to do something to her. The thought that she could inhale and eat flames crossed her mind, but consuming the soul-sucking balls of eldritch flame felt like a REALLY bad idea.

((Rolled a 6 while Deva rolled a 1, what a coincidence :p))

OP
L

Lunaraia

Demon Girl
Reputation score

The orb that Fey punched bent inwards like a balloon and then simply shattered, the Fire Vampire let out a strange crackling sound that sent crimson bolts of lightning across the walls and Fey, though due to the nature of the bolts they didn't electrocute the phoenix though it did warm her back up as they washed over her, anyone else in the group would have been set ablaze and killed by the energies that hit Fey, but all the Phoenix girl would feel was a slightly warm tingling.

The punched orb slowly started to reform itself though it was a slow process as the Fire Vampire was unable to actually absorb any energy from Fey, however one of the orbs closest to Korrie started to glow ominously and a bolt shot out, missing the dragongirl by an inch, creating a searing mark on the wall behind her and left a stinging sensation where it had passed her scaled shoulder, the fire vampire started to drift away from Fey, clearly not interested in trying to tangle with the Phoenixgirl since it couldn't harm her while she clearly could harm it considering that the orb was now fully reformed but clearly glowing less intensely than before.

The moment the energy wall hit the strange amorphous creature it let out a gurgling scream and pressed itself back against the cave entrance again, though only for a moment as it started to expel a cacophony of sound which caused Erfek to grab it's ears and give out a horrified squeak "Wha? What is that horrible thing what am I doing here, who are you all?", the sound would also hit the twins like a sledge hammer, momentarily sending them both into a state of total confusion as to where they were and what they were doing, and would most likely break Shiroi's concentration on keeping the barrier up, letting the blob advance once again.

Aya on her end were to busy flipping through a grimoire to pay any attention to the sound the blob was making and all but ignored the shocked Zoog on her shoulder as she looked through the pages for more information on the creature than what little she already knew "Aha, found it, it's a Gibbering Mouther... makes sense I suppose, yada yada, causes confusion with its constant chatter, again already knew that... AHA! found it!" she turned to Kuroi and provided she had snapped out of it she would instruct her on how to best deal with it "drop the spear, it won't do much good since it doesn't really bleed as you would expect, get a club instead, the teeth is it's weakness and a club would break them far easier than a spear or sword, hammer might also work though a club would be easier to aim" if Kuroi was still out o it then Aya would instead give her a few rapid claps on the cheek to snap her out of it first, then tell her how to go about it.

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

SPF (Super Phoenix Fey)
Dream cave

"By the way, whats that weird, mouthy thing over .. you know what, dun wanna know, this problem first." Fey decided, punching the vampire-ball, giggling slightly as the deadly waves of fiery energy brushes over her. "Alright, how about you be a good.. thing.. and shoo off, I dun wanna break all of ya." She suggested. This had been one of the few times the Fey-Punch had actually worked and she was going to enjoy it.

Well, or seemingly had worked. "Oh come on.. hoihoihoi! Oh no you don't..Korrie, get back.. Feeeey Punch! Feeeeey.. Kick!" She clenched a fist, taking care of another, 'healthier' orb, before kicking at a third one.

"Feeey.. spin kick!" That one would actually miss unless the creature intentionally flew into it. Fey was not a martiarl artist. Either way, she made sure to flip off the floating balls, ready to continue her beatup if the creature hadn't reconsidered its advance by now. "By the way, those weird lightning thingies seem to be more weirdo energy than fire, so not sure I could stop much of it. And whats that annoying noise the thingie is making over there?" She warned, not considering the vampire much of a threat.. because it wasn't, at least to her.

MortalitasBorealis

Demon Girl
Reputation score

The bolt of lightning made the wyvern yelp and back away quickly before she could try attacking the creature herself. It looks like Fey doesn’t really need her help since the Fire Vampire appears to be really fragile as long as one doesn’t die instantly from contact, but harming it sends those lightning bolts out, better to let the phoenix handle this one. Maybe she could help the twins instead-

Korrie grunted in pain and covered her ears, stopping in her tracks. The bizarre noises made by the blob of flesh hadn’t struck her as hard as its intended targets, but it still left her head throbbing and disoriented, needing to lean against a wall to keep herself steady. The twins however had been struck head-on at close range, leaving them screaming and reeling back. While the barrier persisted on its own for a moment longer, it had stopped advancing on the creature and failed to completely wall it off in time, allowing it to simply go around the disintegration field to continue its advance.

Meanwhile Shiroi had staggered back, dazed and confused. What was that horrible noise? W-Where is she? What was she doing? Unable to remember a thing except pain and fear, the albino opened her eyes again… and screamed when she saw the unknown abomination approaching. She didn’t know what the fuck was going on, but she knew a monster was approaching and there’s only one thing to do. “G-GET AWAY FROM ME! DIE!” The normally composed Shiroi shrieked as she aimed her palms at the creature and launched bolt after bolt of cosmic energy, blasting away at random chunks of it. It didn’t matter whether the energy spears were actually tearing it apart, they clearly caused the abomination pain and that’s all the sign of effectiveness she cared about right now.

Her sister who she failed to notice wasn’t much better off, wincing as she backed up against a wall. The same lost confusion went through her disoriented head before she opened her eyes and promptly stared in wide eyed terror at what she saw. A really familiar white-haired girl battling an unholy aberration of eyes and mouths, some redhead punching floating balls of fire and lightning, a naked half dragon girl, a cloaked woman with some kind of weird furry critter on her shoulder… “W-Wha…” She stammered, at a complete loss for words, backing away from everyone while still holding her shield and spear, not knowing why the heck she had these things but keeping them nonetheless. “W-Who are you people? Where am I?! Am I dreaming?” She muttered terrified to herself, until the strange cloaked woman addressed her. “What? Are you expecting me to- I-I’m not fighting that thing! I don’t even know you!” She stammered while trying to back away further, until a quick few slaps to the face shocked her out of her temporary insanity.

Ow! What was I- Ah, yes, sorry…” The ravenette apologized, though she was still scared. At least she was of clear enough mind to understand what she must do now, and quickly dropped her spear in favor of creating a long-handled sledgehammer. It’s her turn to help out now! “Sister, aim for the teeth!” She yelled out, and though Shiroi was still freaking out, some mental clarity had returned and she recognized her sibling’s voice, taking the advice and directing her energy spears at the mouths and teeth. Kuroi summoned her own bravery and tried to flank the creature while it’s preoccupied with the barrage, doing her best to slam her weapon into the maws and smash their teeth. While she did her job well enough, she’s still not much of a melee fighter, if the monster flails out and tries to grab her it might just succeed… for a few seconds before the ever protective sibling severs the offending limb apart with a particularly fierce spear followed by a rage-amplified barrage to the rest of it.

OP
L

Lunaraia

Demon Girl
Reputation score

While the Fire Vampire reeled back under the continued onslaught from Fey, letting out a sound not unlike a short circuiting appliance as another two orbs shattered and started to reform once more, it did indeed stop it's attempt at moving forwards and instead started to hurry back the way it came clearly having had enough from Fey's attacks, though Fey herself would not have time to follow it, as a blue-black smoke started to rise from the corner of the tunnel and shortly after the Fire Vampire was torn to shreds as it fled, leaving only a bluish goop behind though for a split second Fey and Korrie would be able to see something standing there.

As the sound of scraping claws and heavy footsteps neared Fey she would have to act quickly or get tossed back as whatever she had seen barged into her and attempted to pin her to the floor, even if it missed it would still leave behind foul blue-black vapor that gave of a foul stench as it made ready for another attack, if the thing pinned her she would find that the thing was heavy, surprisingly heavy even as she could feel the things eyes non her, despite being unable to see it, if Fey tried to punch or kick the thing she would find that it would be like trying to hit smoke she would just phase through as it it wasn't even there, only eliciting a growl of annoyance from the beast, despite her being able to feel it's weight on her, Korrie would have been able to see the same exact thing as Fey and could hopefully help her fellow pet as Aya had her focus on the gibbering mass of flesh behind them and hadn't even noticed the new arrival in their midst, so unless they called out for help they were on their own as the gibbering monstrosity the trio was dealing with was making so much noise that the trio would not be able to hear the new arrival at all.

The monstrosity that the twins were fighting let out another scream as the twins' weapons started to hammer it's teeth, though this one was one of pain and not one that caused total confusion in the ones listening, clearly the twins' tactics were having an effect, however the ease of the battle took a turn for the worse again as the cave floor suddenly started to get all soft and spongy, making it hard to move properly as the trio would sink in to their knees, their opponent having somehow turned the cave floor into mush as it gave an angry and noisy hiss, Aya herself responded with another bolt from her wand hitting one of its eyes eliciting another howl of pain.

Shiroi and Kuroi would feel the brunt of the things wrath as it moved onto the mushy terrain unhindered as two pseudopods lashed out and struck each of the twins sending them reeling backwards off of the mushy stone and onto solid ground, meanwhile on Aya's shoulder Erfek had gotten its senses back and were digging through its bag for something whispering to itself under its breath as it kept rummaging through for whatever it was, Aya decided to ignore it for now as she kept her focus on distracting the gibbering monstrosity in front of her so that the twins could recover.

((since I rolled low enough for something to show up and you rolled Lucky nr 7 you win an encounter with a Hound of Tindalos, you have seen it before so Fey and Korrie might remember it :p))

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

SPF (Super Phoenix Fey)
Dream cave

"Don't you worry, kit can't escape my Fey-Fu!" Fey enthused, posing dramatically. "Huh, though I didn't think I hit it that hard.." She tipped her chin briefly. "Ayaaaa? Heeeeay Ayaaaaaa?" Fey remarked, with the tone of a nagging child. "So I punched the vampire but then it turned into a wolf-thing, is that good or bad?" Fey pondered.. the thing seemed vaguely familiar.

"Thinking about it, Kuroi, haven't we seen something like that before? ... I remember! Hey Aya, I whooped the Vampires butt like an awesome phoenix, but now there is a Hound of Tinderbox there as well, should I burn it? Aya? Hey? Hey Aya?" She pointed two fingers, creating an arch of fire impacting on one of the gibbering eye monsters.. eyes. "Ayaaaaa?" She tried to question.. though of course, fire blasts were a great way to get attention, she had learned early. "It doesn't look too friendly like.. two out of ten on the friendship scale if you ask me, but we shouldn't assume things, thats not nice." She nodded and puffed up her fiery feathers for a moment.

MortalitasBorealis

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Korrie had just enough time after she recovered from the gibbering flesh’s screech to launch a fireball at the creature before the twins took control of the situation again, letting her look back towards Fey to see how she’s doing. To her initial relief, the floating balls of flame have clearly had enough and were retreating… only to be finished off by some sort of invisible creature. Great, they attracted yet another monster… For the briefest of moments she thought she saw the beast’s form, a strangely familiar one that she couldn’t quite place, before it disappeared again and struck.

Yeah, it looks familiar…” The wyvern answered back, though she still couldn’t remember where she saw the thing before until Fey of all people reminded her first. A Hound of Tindalos, one tried to attack them in the mansion before getting repelled by wards, shortly after the monochrome sisters joined the household. Mistress had said something about the beasts then, how they supposedly hunted those in the know of eldritch secrets and were incredibly dangerous, but if any weaknesses were mentioned she couldn’t remember them.

While she was relieved Fey had evaded the first strike, Korrie still needed to think of a plan to fight the thing. She can’t just rely on her handler and sister pet again afterall, she needs to prove her usefulness too! But how? The monster is clearly immune to physical attacks, so they’ll need some sort of energy attack to hurt it. Shiroi’s cosmic lances might do the trick, but the apprentices were busy with the flesh creature, so it may be up to Fey and the wyvern’s own flames. Yet, the beast had torn the fire vampire apart with absolutely no problem, wouldn’t that mean it’s immune to fire? Fey would be able to best test that theory, but if it IS immune to fire, what is there for her to do? She can’t keep letting this happen, with Fey already a master over the element of heat, the wyvern must figure out some other strength she can have that’d let her compensate for what Fey can’t do! But what? Her scales, claws and fire breath are all she has… or are they?

Fey! Korrie doesn’t think it wants to be friends, so just try and burn it! Korrie will try something if that doesn’t work!” She’d call out, letting the phoenix test the Hound’s fireproofness first. Provided that the smoky hound isn’t taking much damage from Fey’s fire, Korrie focuses and tries to alter the nature of her own power. The flames running down her tail and the tattoos along her body shift from orange to blue before she takes a deep breath and attempts to spit a blue fireball at the beast, the flames ice cold rather than hot. She also made sure to run up close before shooting to make sure she wouldn’t miss or, even worse, hit Fey by accident. She knows her aim is atrocious afterall…

If the Hound IS susceptible to fire, well, a regular fireball and a follow-up stream of blistering flame works too.

The twins meanwhile continued their dental onslaught against the mass of flesh, wincing as it screeched again, though the only thing that struck them other than the noise was relief that the same wave of mind-scrambling nausea didn’t happen again. Unfortunately the fight would not stay smooth for them as the ground suddenly changed in texture, the sisters struggling to get out of the ‘quicksand’. Two quick smacks sent them back onto solid land with grunts of pain, and Shiroi quickly resumed her energy barrage, the impact having cleared her mind of the rest of the confusion. Kuroi was having a bit more trouble getting back in the fight, not because she couldn’t recover, but because the ground around the beast is now inaccessible, meaning she can’t melee attack it anymore. Not content to just sit back though, the ravenette created a long spear instead and tried to jab at the thing’s eyes from just outside the mushy area, chipping at mouths when she can, anything to distract it until it can be whittled down.

News that a Hound of Tindalos had arrived, a name they remembered as well, was obviously alarming, but there was little they could do while still occupied with the gibbering flesh. At most, if requested, Shiroi could launch an energy spear at the creature as assistance, but for now Korrie and Fey would be on their own with the new threat.

OP
L

Lunaraia

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Aya snapped out of her focus as the bolt of fire seared into the gibbering monstrosity and she looked back towards Fey, and while she could not see the hound she could see it's handy work easily enough, she closed her eyes and flicked her wand sending a wave of purple fire down the corridor, it didn't burn but whatever it hit was outlined with a purple glow, including the Hound itself, she opened her mouth to give her orders, but the hound, having noticed the Faerie fire as well let out a blood curdling howl and set upon Fey once more, the hounds clawed feet marring the rock as it charged past Fey and straight at Aya, who barely got out of the way in time due to the unnaturally fast speed the hound moved at.

Aya and Erfek, who had fallen off of her when she dodged, slowly sat up just in time for Korries ice move to hit the Hound, and while it yelped it didn't seem overly hurt by the breath attack itself "Korre, Fey, you focus on the Mouther, the hound is not completely here in the physical sense and so physical attacks such as those form fire and cold won't do much of anything, Shiroi, you and me on the hound qui-" before she could continue the hound slammed Aya into the wall, her ward shields flared out and shattered from the impact and Aya sank down to the floor, unconscious from the massive hit, leaving the others to try and sort out how to deal with the hound on their own.

The Mouther meanwhile were thrashing about wildly as it's eye gave of a horrid stench and it too surged forward, batting the twins aside as it surged straight for Fey ignoring the others as apparently the fire had sent it into a single minded rampage as it flailed at the phoenix, this also put the Mouther in between Fey and Korrie and the others meaning that they would have to deal with it before they could even think of trying to help the others.

The outlines showing where the hound was were now slowly approaching the twins, luckily the tunnel had solidified again as the Mouther moved past giving them full movement to deal with the beast, though that would be of little help to Fey and Korrie as the corridor where they were now was more akin to a bog than solid ground and they would have a hard time getting close to the thing, which would limit the amount of melee damage they would do, not that that would be much of an issue, the Mouther for it's part was busy flailing its numerous pseudopods at Fey and Korrie, once she joined the fray, attempting to score a solid enough hit to grab one of them.

The hound slowly moved towards the unconscious Aya, glowing blue goop dripping from where the mouth should be as it closed in, only to stop dead in it's tracks as the Zoog held up a note with a hastily drawn elder sign on it, it snarled and forced itself closer, pushing the Zoog backwards for it to keep out of range "I can't... keep this thing at bay... much longer, a bit of help please?" the piece of paper it had used were starting to twist and curl up, the sign would not keep itself together much longer unless the twins acted fast.

((sorry for the delay, been distracted by RL stuff))

Pervy

Dances with Girl-Cocks
RP Moderator
Reputation score

SPF (Super Phoenix Fey)
Dream cave

"Feys starting to think going down this tunnel.. Was an awesome idea!" She cheered, but then complained, with the hound-creature rushing past her; pointing at it. "I'm not good with hitting fast moving targets.. and missing our friends while at it.." She mieeped a bit when the fast moving hound didn't really let Aya finish her explanation.. well, on the plus side, it seemed the mouther was pissed off by fire, so that'd work for her advantage.

Fey grinned and raised her hands, then chuckled as she realized the creature tried to grab at her with pseudopods, noticing the creature somewhat melting the area around itself. "Ohohoho, you wanna gibbledigobble my mind up eh? Sorr,y that always gets me in a burney mood. Korrie, flank it, I'll do the decoy. Use Korrie-claw of justice!" Fey suggested, pointing with two finger which shot small firearchs out from her to impact the creature, intentionally provoking it into focusing on her and grabbing her.

Only for her to set herself fulla blaze when it did so, answering: "Seen enough hentai to know where this is going, let's see you try this with someone thats on fire!" She grinned, reaching out to try and grab any psueodpods that tried to withdraw, reversing the roles and trying to set the creature ablaze as it got to her. If the creature had an effect on her mind or not, Fey could easily enough hoold onto simple burning things even when up close, as the creature seemed to be more of an incarnation of chaos, than directly manipulating Feys mind to percieve ice or water. "Wohohohooo!" Che cheeered, turning into a more pure dragon-fiery form.

MortalitasBorealis

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Korrie sweatdropped a bit while Fey cheered. She's of quite the opposite opinion about this subterranean venture, they're not even in the hills yet and they're running into tough enemies... Well, at least one of them's having fun.

For a second it almost seemed like the blast of cold was effective, but that quickly proved not the case. Things quickly got worse too as before anyone could do anything, the Hound had successfully slammed into Aya and knocked her out.

AYA!” Korrie cried out in horror immediately, her claws dripping with liquid flame again as her fire turned back to red, unable to maintain her focus on altering her element due to the fear and wrath that ignited inside. It took Shiroi to snap her out of it before she rushed blindly at the Hound in a desperate attempt to ensure her handler’s safety.

Korrie, wait! She’s only unconscious and you can’t hurt the Hound anyway, listen to her and leave it to us- Oof!” The albino was interrupted as a flailing tendril smacked her and her sister aside, the Mouther also having decided to swap targets and move towards the two pets. “Urgh… I guess this suits us fine. Like I said, take care of that noisy blob with Fey and let us deal with Smoky.

…Fine.” The wyvern said simply, still glaring at everyone from the adrenaline rush and directing her gaze towards the approaching creature. Korrie stepped back away from the monstrosity, noting how the earth around it changed into an impassable bog that’d hamper mobility severely. If she can’t hurt the metaphysical Hound, then maybe at least she can hurt this physical abomination. “That’d be a bit tough…” She remarked when Fey asked her to use her claws. That’ll involve getting close to those pseudopods and trying to go through the softened ground. Instead the wyvern tried to blast it with a continuous stream of blistering flame, using her lava-tipped claws to defend against the flailing tendrils and directing the stream towards any eyes she could see. In her haste to roast the mass of flesh though she’d neglected to imitate her sister-pet and cover herself in a protective layer of fire, so while she’s pretty good at cutting away at any pseudopods aiming for her upper body, her lower legs are pretty poorly defended. Hopefully that won’t end up biting the pet wyvern in the ankle…

Meanwhile, the two apprentices had their own opponent to deal with. Both noted how the elder sign was working but not holding up very well, implying the Hound is more resistant than the Nightgaunts that got blasted by their barriers. Still, that is just ONE elder sign… “I can’t believe I forgot about this thing…” Shiroi glanced back at the circle of symbols floating behind her and made it duplicate again, shooting the copied symbols at the Hound and the area around Aya and Erfek. It probably won’t be enough to force its retreat, but it should at least deter it long enough to come up with a more permanent solution. “Alright, let’s see how you hold up against more eldritch energy… Gae Bulga!” Energy gathered at the center of her palm and a blue-green lance fired out at the Hound, careful not to be aimed anywhere near Erfek. It’d blast a narrow but deep hole into the cave floor if it missed, though as for how effective it’d be against the Hound itself, that’s yet to be seen.

While Shiroi took the direct route of attack, Kuroi pondered how she could help with this situation. Trying to help fight the Mouther now would just be getting in the way of the two fiery pets, their flame-based abilities perfect for area of effect but rather dangerous for friendly melee fighters. She should help her sister fight the Hound, but how? It’s not entirely physically there, her weapons won’t do anything, and it’s not like she has energy attacks too. The best way would be to find a way to drag it into the physical realm… Wait. Her prompts can change certain properties of inorganic objects. She’s limited it to basic things like warming clothes or making things either sturdier or more fragile, but what if her power extends further than that?

Drawing a scarf on the wall and wrapping it around her drawn spear after rendering it, merging the two drawn items into one, Kuroi writes her ‘code’ on the extra fabric. ‘Stabs things into the physical realm’. After a muttered “Process.” makes the words glow violet, Kuroi gathers her courage and attempts to impale the Hound while it’s distracted by elder signs and her sister’s spears, if the energy blasts haven’t killed it already somehow. If things go as she hopes, the prompt should imbue the spear with the power to drag whatever it has stabbed into the physical realm, removing the beast’s damage resistance. Still, it’s a far more complicated process than she’s attempted before, going beyond physical properties and giving the item conceptual magical abilities, so she has no idea if it’s even possible, or if she’s doing something wrong. Still, it doesn’t hurt to try.