What's new

Aegis Thousand Year War - DMM Online Game

TieSKey

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Aegis Thousand Year War - DMM Online Game

You are once again thinking about probabilities in the wrong way XD

If you want to tank a unit that 1-hits, you are betting, so no right to complain, everyone knows when is worth trying.

If not, then you must see the big picture, and account for average/expected results.
For instance, if a Raijin hits 4 of your units for non-lethal dmg, this skill will in average block 1, meaning you need to heal 3 units instead of 4. This will happen 75% of the times, if you only need to clear the mission once, thats a very good number.

Altrius

Tentacle God
Reputation score

While i understand alot of ppl idea on her skill, but do you really want to force your bow rider to stop atk-ing just to make her use skill :(
I know i need to be flexible on strategy, but i still really like a bow rider unit to be able to nonstop atking due to their big range of atk in melee spot and this is why i prefer their class to be more offensive.

Additionaly, i wish she had more atk to pierce enuff 400 def enemy :p
lvl 90aw stat is out of question so i always count only up to AW50 stat (the status screen already added her +10% atk aw ability right ?)
As for snowstorm effect, best way to get rid of snowstorm asap as it will likely to kill your other unit :p (Feng-shui go do ur job asap)

This week planing: just natural recovery for the farming unit, due to the need of bow rider class in case for strategic positioning.
Gonna start used all the extra chr to finish subjugation (4014 more) and start lvign Claudia or Irine 1st ? *hmmm*

Last edited:

exkale

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Additionaly, i wish she had more atk to pierce enuff 400 def enemy :p
lvl 90aw stat is out of question so i always count only up to AW50 stat (the status screen already added her +10% atk aw ability right ?)
She should have about ~500 attack at AW50, which will be ~600 with the prince. That's enough to deal decent damage to armored units.

Sarasa was designed to be a utility to begin with, so it is in people's mind to make opinions about her skill more than her potential as a damage dealer.

Altrius

Tentacle God
Reputation score

She should have about ~500 attack at AW50, which will be ~600 with the prince. That's enough to deal decent damage to armored units.

Sarasa was designed to be a utility to begin with, so it is in people's mind to make opinions about her skill more than her potential as a damage dealer.
ergh nope when most their hp soo high :(
I wish archer team have at least 800-1k+ atk (hence why i like my Claire / spica combo (skill up 1k atk) + Maurete and Rachel pirate also have 1k / 1.2k atk during skill up)
And yeah its too bad she released as utility >.< since im looking for offensive bow rider.
+Switch her with 1 of the gacha premium bowrider skill please :p

PS: I have really bad ranged magical atk >.< still can't fix this T_T so far only AW Belinda.
Eterna is like my saviour when they release her although she still soo costly
+ AW Pupuru for the sake of high atk magic dmg comboed with her skill ? :p (rought calculation her skill should be 1k AoE (with prince) and we know we can combo her atk --> skill --> atk)

Last edited:

Dragonpaladin

Tentacle God
Reputation score

If you want to tank a unit that 1-hits, you are betting, so no right to complain, everyone knows when is worth trying.
^ That's someone's Olivia in chat. I never count on dodge/nullification and etc on my run. I am using it to make a point.

I agree with no right to complain though, that applies to the pointless 30% nullification as well.

If not, then you must see the big picture, and account for average/expected results.
For instance, if a Raijin hits 4 of your units for non-lethal dmg, this skill will in average block 1, meaning you need to heal 3 units instead of 4. This will happen 75% of the times, if you only need to clear the mission once, thats a very good number.
Do you know how much luck-based strategy is hated on Nico?

Anyways, you know AW Sera's 50% nullification during skill activation right? Why is Sera's so good of a lich tank? Because she has the hp and the mdef to tank it even if 3 Lichs hits without nullification. If nullification activates even once during 3 hits, your healer's free to do something else and make your run a lot more stable. If all 3 hits, Sera would be just left with low hp.

Otoh, if it's another unit that cannot tank all 3 hits, then when RNG screw you over, it screws you over. How often does it often? Statistically 12.5%, but any time it does happen, Tank's dead, there goes your run. Aigis strats due to 3 star requirement, very rarely have a backup-tank available.

'I just need to get the run right once with 3 stars.' is a pretty poor excuse when 100/12 are farm maps. The above does however, work fine with 100/2 challenge maps and story maps. (Though going in spending 5 hours worth of Charisma praying isn't exactly 'comforting' per say)

Anyways, if you wanna raise her and use her, please go ahead. I and a few other veterans did warn you ahead of time in terms of investment. Of course, if you do find her useful, all the better. Heck, she might have a lmao broken AW skill like 100% or something. But the probability of that is ...

exkale

Tentacle God
Reputation score

@Draa
That was me back when the golem was first released during a Gold Rush and I tried using Olivia when her skill was 4/5. It was worth a try since I was still somewhat new and the encounter was an interesting experience. Further runs had me using Jelius and multiple healers. :p

@Altrius
You don't want to see the team I want to deploy in the future and how costly it is..

Altrius

Tentacle God
Reputation score

@Altrius

You don't want to see the team I want to deploy in the future and how costly it is..
Eh wait asec ?
Your Serra not min cost ? :(
+ most of ur unit there are gacha :p that will happen :p

Praise for event unit team, my team: they are mostly at their min cost (except the revival 1)

Edit: My blind run team

Yeah there no witch there i usualy over power eveything with physical (although whenever i see we fighting dark knighthood i put witch asap)
Anna took Bernice spot cuz prince is our new HA tanker :p
Lastly Maurete is for *need moarrrr gold challenge*

Last edited:

exkale

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I was busy for 1 week during her event so I couldn't spend enough time to farm enough items for min-cost. :(

I will have to save Revival Crystals for her, but she's going to be the only one I need to farm for in the future so I won't have problems saving for her. It's a great thing I got the other collection units to min-cost so I don't have to worry about them.

TieSKey

Tentacle God
Reputation score

@Draa
My post wasn't directed at you. Your previous posts don't really conflict with mine as I'm talking about non-lethal hits and situations where rng can hardly hurt you.

@All
Plz notice I'm talking about her skill, not the unit itself. The skill has a lot of strategic value to be ignored.
I agree a bow raider should be more offensive, and I don't even know her stats XD

Personally, I don't have (and won't roll) another bow rider so I'm aiming to raise her skill and left her rest in the barracks until I really need her (and raise her lvls at that time) as I did with the alchemist, the pegasus rider and a lot of other units.

Dragonpaladin

Tentacle God
Reputation score

My post wasn't directed at you. Your previous posts don't really conflict with mine as I'm talking about non-lethal hits and situations where rng can hardly hurt you.
Ops, *toss argument*

@exkale
This line ...
XD

Total cost, 169. Average cost: 33.8. Time to taken to deploy ... I think someone need to bring a front-line tactician or something.

I agree a bow raider should be more offensive, and I don't even know her stats XD
Sarasa's skill allows her to be 0 block anyways, so it's not too bad. But I agree with the assessment that all melee support should be offensive heavy.
Since Duelist and Tank exists, and you know how important those are in terms of challenging maps. Melee support are usually fast deploys so that you can block/kill and then deploy something in front. (Or skill triggered unit which can be duelists)

Last edited:

Altrius

Tentacle God
Reputation score

melee support should be offensive heavy.
These statement is what im after for melee support :p
Well they can also have high def so they can counter enemy ranged type unit :p

Hence, with all these reasoning.... Let's start lving Irine :p (aw skill = atk support)
Low cost, high atk / def, buff your unit (bandit / pirate *since i never had a rogue T_T)

TieSKey

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Finally done with subjugation using this one:

Did anyone actually use Nagi for other thing than to burst the red oni?
I feel this just enforces my argument that throwing a dmg buff on a unit doesn't make it a super "<insert type> hunter". Although Nagi is >>>>>>>>>>> than Claudia in terms of how well she can perform on that role.

exkale

Tentacle God
Reputation score

@Tieskey
The only post I see talking about bosses was mine so..
When you shouldn't use her skill? Against boss class enemies
I wasn't advocating the use of her skill for tanking bosses. I was saying it's not good for bosses. I don't see how it's a complaint. Well, whatever, no one really likes Sarasa so it doesn't matter in the end lol.

Altrius

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Finally done with subjugation using this one:

Did anyone actually use Nagi for other thing than to burst the red oni?
I feel this just enforces my argument that throwing a dmg buff on a unit doesn't make it a super "<insert type> hunter". Although Nagi is >>>>>>>>>>> than Claudia in terms of how well she can perform on that role.
The 1 i didn't expect the most from that strategy is a solo healer can keep prince up :eek: or maybe cuz i see alot dmg nulified there.
But yeah the reason i love using nagi to burst the boss is mainly cuz with prince + nagi skill (9/10) + Eterna and 1 alchie... Its enuff to burst the boss to death in 30sec. (maybe changing alchie to other atk support can work too)

Rica Aw skill looks soo great there on bursting, but hopefuly that strat dont need her aw ability luck... once prince paralyst there no more blocker there and all atk out of reach... (well on other way he can keep the boss on bernice abit longer by not needed to withdraw her)

PS: Gratz on clearing :p Tell me who you going to give the black armour to.... (still dunno for mine, probably future black unit)

Last edited:

TieSKey

Tentacle God
Reputation score

@Tieskey
The only post I see talking about bosses was mine so..

I wasn't advocating the use of her skill for tanking bosses. I was saying it's not good for bosses. I don't see how it's a complaint. Well, whatever, no one really likes Sarasa so it doesn't matter in the end lol.
I didn't mention complains, and I agree, I always did, tanking a boss using block is betting.

The 1 i didn't expect the most from that strategy is a solo healer can keep prince up :eek: or maybe cuz i see alot dmg nulified there.
But yeah the reason i love using nagi to burst the boss is mainly cuz with prince + nagi skill (9/10) + Eterna and 1 alchie... Its enuff to burst the boss to death in 30sec. (maybe changing alchie to other atk support can work too)

Rica Aw skill looks soo great there on bursting, but hopefuly that strat dont need her aw ability luck... once prince paralyst there no more blocker there and all atk out of reach... (well on other way he can keep the boss on bernice abit longer by not needed to withdraw her)

PS: Gratz on clearing :p Tell me who you going to give the black armour to.... (still dunno for mine, probably future black unit)
Berenice dies in 1 hit I think, it would be 2 extra seconds thou :p

Probably on a future black or on Sorano once I finally aw her, area true dmg is way too useful.

Last edited:

DS_Marine

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Playing the boobrider missions. 7/55 Is any way to end the blizzard early? Or we must survive thru it with limited healing..
Thanks.

exkale

Tentacle God
Reputation score

OTotal cost, 169. Average cost: 33.8. Time to taken to deploy ... I think someone need to bring a front-line tactician or something.
AW Prince also makes it difficult to deploy them all fast. Ester does reduce the cost of mage armors, bishops, mages, and magic swordsmans by 1 so that will save me 3 cost. If I AW Marnie, then I can save on 4 more cost. It looks like I will still need a front tactician to make this line-up go faster. :(

@DS_Marine
You need one of these Geomancers on the field to reduce the duration of the snowstorm by 50%.

Petite Soeur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Finished rough translations for all of the emergency mission maps. Please click the image in my signature to read them.

I like the story for this event. I found the interaction between Sarasa and the Dark Knighthood Underlings to be genuinely amusing. I kind of want Decius to join my army now...

This event had 128~ lines of dialogue ( ; 24+28/30).

Also, something I didn't report in an earlier spoiler post was an ability that was dug out of the game's code—along with Sarasa's and Totone's skills—that causes a unit with this ability to give rainbow crystals if you sell them. Though, since none of the units in this update have this ability, I'm curious if they're going to introduce something like a Rainbow Armour or bronze-silver rarity unit later, or if it's just going to be unused like some of the Ninjutsu and Strengthen V skills.

EDIT:
Geez, some Japanese player posted something from the all-age version from Sarasa's event scene about all of the children that suddenly died after the monsters' revival, and how there's been a slight increase in children in the city near the Prince's castle, and wondering if this was thanks to the Prince's hard work...

Last edited:

marcus3708

Tentacle God
Reputation score

^ Still doesn't survive a hit against 5k attack.
looks like she can tank all of the other golem except completed mithril and actually 3,8k hp and 900 defense puts her right at the edge of being one of the few units that are able to take 5k dmg. maybe with a little buff from someone that adds defense or more hp she could and dont forget she wouldn't be just tanking she would be actually killing w/e shes fighting too.

Dragonpaladin

Tentacle God
Reputation score

maybe with a little buff from someone that adds defense or more hp she could and dont forget she wouldn't be just tanking she would be actually killing w/e shes fighting too.
@AW99, 4935 effective hp/def (3894 + 1041 Defense)
Lian & AW Katie would do it. Or that Witch Adelle's +10% hp or Aisha. Or just send in Liz. Of course, there's also dancer and curse user. Actually, that's not too bad in terms of requirement I am going to agree with her tanking department.

Her attack's around 2900 with pre-aw skill, it can break defense, but the attack speed is around a mage's.

Iron Golenm's got 2.5k defense.
Complete Mithril Golem's got a hilarious 3500 defense.
Works fine on the other golems, does a solid 1kish damage.

^ Wait, you aren't AWing her skill to AOE? I thought the whole point of her skill is AW AOE.