What's new

Aegis Thousand Year War - DMM Online Game

ThePie

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Re: Aegis Thousand Year War - DMM Online Game

*オリヴィエ (Olivier) is a male's name. They made the same mistake for a female character from Fire Emblem, and localisers also opted to name her Olivia.
Hah, I thought it was weird that her name was spelled like that on the wiki

TieSKey

Tentacle God
Reputation score

*オリヴィエ (Olivier) is a male's name. They made the same mistake for a female character from Fire Emblem, and localisers also opted to name her Olivia.
Well, actually, Olivier should transliterate to オリヴィエル so I think the mistake is ours.

Petite Soeur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well, actually, Olivier should transliterate to オリヴィエル so I think the mistake is ours.
You're going from name written from alphanumeric to kana. When going from kana to alphanumeric, "オリヴィエ" is used as a transliteration for the names Olivier/Ollivier.

TieSKey

Tentacle God
Reputation score

You're going from name written from alphanumeric to kana. When going from kana to alphanumeric, "オリヴィエ" is used as a transliteration for the names Olivier/Ollivier.

Wikipedia has names, holy shit XD

sagitta

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

Yeah, the transformation to kana is usually more phonetic than letter by letter as Petite Soeur mentioned.

Jerome really gets op with the boost though. I might have to retire my cc Julian for him (non cc) just because of the stats difference (same cost atm). HP boost isn't that bad though... assuming it's as big as say Themis' :p And Conrad hits like a bigger truck now but I still don't really want him on my team...

Petite Soeur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Got 3-stars on Total War Extreme:

What a horrible map to have a curse. A black goblin got caught in Lean's shield, so I couldn't switch her out for Dahlia lest Dahlia catch the warlord and let the black goblin merrily turn this into a 2-star venture. So, I had to sit there for almost 16 minutes as Lean traded blows with the warlord and his vassal as I kept worrying that she would die if I don't keep rotating between activating Sedis, Dolka, and her skill.

However, I do have a simple strategy, so all I have to do is switch out Lilia for either Odette or Adelle, and use Dahlia for Lilia's temporary role. Hopefully this will significantly shave off time.

@TieSKey:
Are you genuinely surprised, or did I say something silly? I use wikipedia and google as an aid when it comes to the various ways these names could be written.

In the case of this character, some Japanese person tried to write the French name Olivie using kana, but the way they wrote it is nothing like how it's pronounced, and that particular choice of kana is used for Olivier. With that said, the way it's mispronounced is closest to Olivia which is a variant of Olivie. The Aegis/Aigis team aren't known for their imagination (you could work your way through a large sum of these characters' names by switching a single kana), so I assumed they just copied Fire Emblem, since that also had a character called Maribelle.

Last edited:

companion

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

オリヴィエ Uses sword (skillname) "オートクレール"
which is Hauteclere
which is sword of... Olivier, Roland's pal.

TBH, not the first time Japanese writers, gamemakers, etc. dealing with fantasy setting screwing up male and female names. Presumably because it "feels" ok-ish to their tongue and why bother double check if your major market is domestic one.

Come to think of it, the phenomenon seems mutual between occidentals and orientals

elfloren

Tentacle God
Reputation score

It could be an intentional change, since they like turning lots of heroes into girls and stuff.

Petite Soeur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Encounter (30/1):
Scroll (30%, 100% first drop), Bouquet (50%)

Feint (35/2):
Scroll (100%), Bouquet (70%)

Ambush (40/4):
Scroll (50%), Scroll II (100%), Magical Crystal II (70%)
Scrolls per day (Min: 12, Max: 18, Average: 15).

Castle Siege (60/6):
Scroll (40%x3), Scroll III (100%), Sanosuke (10%)
Scrolls per day (Min: 12, Max: 24, Average: 16.8).

War of Attrition (40/4):
Scroll (30%), Scroll II (100%), Beer Keg (60%x2)

Maneuver Warfare (60/5):
Scroll (50%x3), Scroll II (100%), Bernard (10%)
Scrolls per day (Min: 9.6, Max: 24, Average: 16.8).

Distant Battle (60/6):
Scroll II (35%x2), Scroll III (100%), Wine (80%), Crystal (80%)
Scrolls per day (Min: 12, Max: 28, Average: 17.6).

Total War Extreme (60/8):
Scroll II (25%), Scroll III (100%x2), Top-quality Sake (100%), Loren (12%)
Scrolls per day (Min: 18, Max: 24, Average: 19.5).

My head feels dizzy, so I hope I did the math correctly. I don't particularly like the low drop rate for Loren. I hope I get at least one copy before this event is over.

Last edited:

crow_mw

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

My head feels dizzy, so I hope I did the math correctly.
Quickly double-checked it and seems alright. Now, assuming you can farm the final map (I couldn't beat it yet T_T) you get around 140 scrolls from natural regen. Add to that the ~100 we have from first week and we are still long way from 700.

Depending on your current level each refill is worth only around 10 scrolls (not counting charisma refills). So getting this event 'clear' seems aimed only at most hardcore buyers.

Which threshold are you aiming at? Assuming skillups are not super amaizing one could aim at 300 (burning few crystals, depending on luck) or 450 (burning quite a few)

Ashurmen

Cthulhu
Reputation score

I am at 326 aiming the 450 with some level up and crystals if i can.

TieSKey

Tentacle God
Reputation score

@TieSKey:
Are you genuinely surprised, or did I say something silly? I use wikipedia and google as an aid when it comes to the various ways these names could be written.
Yup, genuinely surprised.
I know kanas are phonetic symbols (I did study Japanese for some years) but trying to guess their pronunciation of an occidental word keeps being pure luck :p

silence

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Hey everyone would like to try and confirm this since I'm out of stamina at the moment.

I believe that the goblin warlord things have high magic resistance as using odette and my golden mage girl I never seemed to be able to kill much but this last run I placed archers in both places instead and too my surprise the warlords drop like flies.

Anyone want to take a look at the damage output and put some input or are my archers just that much stronger lol.

FruitSmoothie

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Game is down x.X Weird 2 hour maintenance.

Last edited:

crow_mw

Reputation score

I believe that the goblin warlord things have high magic resistance as using odette and my golden mage girl I never seemed to be able to kill much but this last run I placed archers in both places instead and too my surprise the warlords drop like flies.
As far as I know there is no proof of any 'magic def' mechanics existing in game. The relative value of magic vs physical damage relies on def of target. Dragonpaladin video of the last map clearly shows, that at least the black warlord has high HP but low def.

We don't know your exact composition, but most likely your archers have raw attack power roughly equal to that of you casters. Sniper attack speed however is thrice as fast as that of the mage. For 0 def opponent a sniper will deal triple the damage of a mage.

I think however I can confirm something that was mentioned earlier in this thread - that red warlords have the 'avanger' property of dealing more damage when they are low on health.

Dragonpaladin

Tentacle God
Reputation score

As far as I know there is no proof of any 'magic def' mechanics existing in game.
Magic defense exists, specifically slimes that drop red gem in this game receives 1/2 damage from magic/princess attacks.

In this case though, high hp/low def has nothing to do with magic defense and everything to do with a gigantic hp bank. Sniper ended up being more effective due to attack speed as mentioned, also why a ninja is going to be effective.

that red warlords have the 'avanger' property of dealing more damage when they are low on health.
Red Warlord avenger property can be ignored if it does exist, it's not high enough to matter. There's no sudden boost like the real avenger as my Yurina showed, no reason not to melee them down with a duelist.

arisato minato

Reputation score

I am new for this game so i want to ask some questions:

- What is the most efficient way to lvling and CC unit ?
- How to get silver and higher rarity unit ?
- how to defeat the Heavy Armored enemy ? They almost immune to all the attack i throw at him ?
- About the skill, how to lv up skill ?

Petite Soeur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I am new for this game so i want to ask some questions:

1) - What is the most efficient way to lvling and CC unit ?
2) - How to get silver and higher rarity unit ?
3) - how to defeat the Heavy Armored enemy ? They almost immune to all the attack i throw at him ?
4) - About the skill, how to lv up skill ?
1) Check the tips section in the first post, and this post (I still need to work on a guide for class-changing, since a lot has changed with the new classes, and tutorial quests, and rebalancing).

2) Story mission and tutorial quest completion rewards are the best way to initially get silver units. Otherwise, it depends on the current event; some maps drop silver units at a respectable charisma/stamina cost. Gold units are iffy, if you specifically want just gold/silver units, you can do rare summoning for 3 sacred crystals, or you can wait until they introduce a "Gold Rush" event, where you can obtain a gold unit as a completion reward for less sacred crystals than you would spend trying to summon them.

Other than that, the cheapest way to get platinum or black units is to do a campaign or event. The current campaign will give the platinum witch Figneria if you buy DMM Money with 5,000 bitcash EX:

The current event will give you a platinum tactician Ren if you can obtain at least 30 scrolls. She might be useful to your party if her stats are similar to the other tactician Uzume.

3) Witches/Mages/Princesses are the best at handling heavy armour enemies, since their magical attacks ignores defence. Otherwise, a unit with a high attack is needed to pierce their defences like a unicorn knight/berserker/assassin/prince.

4) To raise a unit's skill, you need to feed that unit another unit with the exact same skill (i.e. A Unicorn Knight Carrie needs to be fed a unit with Strengthen Attack III), or a rainbow fairy. When a unit class-changes, they sometimes gain a new skill, so a Priestess Iris will lose all of her skill levels she gained as a healer, since her skill as a priestess is different. However, a Priestess Alyssa will keep all of her skill levels after her class-change since her skill remains the same.

Last edited:

arisato minato

Reputation score

About the CCing and Lvling, does it mean i should farm Rural map for Iron and Bronze units, and either feed the bronze to 21 or sell those unit for money and farm silver fairy and feed the lv 21 bronze unit and 3 silver fairies for the one i want to CC ?