What's new

RPG Active RPG Maker [ahriman] 異界探偵ミソギ (RJ326461)

Renestrae

Devious Succubus
Reputation score

1620299411975.png

The DLsite preview page for Ahriman's upcoming title is up, showing us a scheduled release date of Late Dec. 2021 !

This title (Eldritch detective Misogi) will be Ahriman's return to the "multiple heroine" formula in the spirit of his best received (source: ) game until now, The Moral Sword of Asagi ( ).
But this is not a sequel, it features an all-new cast and fresh card-based battle mechanics as a twist.
Ahriman regularly updates his fans on , even posting free in-browser playable demos of parts of the game.

The new battle system works by you drawing 5 cards each turn which correspond to a type of attack and a character.
You then choose 3 cards to play and the characters whose cards you played execute the move on the card.
You can combo cards to trigger effects, as well as use some non-card spells on top.
(If you need some help with the intricacies of the new combat system, read this post.)

H-content is triggered via in-combat attacks (failed grapple breaks) which incapacitate your teammembers until freed, and presumably game-over-CGs in the finished product.
The game runs on a heavily modified version of RPGmaker, and the in-browser demos have been mouse control only so far.

DLsite tags are:
  • Piercings/Accessories
  • Collar/Chain/Restraints
  • Fighting/Martial Arts
  • Restraint
  • Captivity
  • Orgy Sex
  • Rape
  • Anal

T4ke

Lurker
Reputation score
I love Ahriman's content, but by the hentai gods, let's pray that he doesn't fuck this thing up like his last 2 or 3 projects. The guy is genius if it comes to scene scripting and art design but the way he "stitches" his games together is abysmal and the epitome of atrocious spaghetti code no one can fix, not even Ahriman himself...

Games Dude

Lurker
Reputation score
I've been following this one on his ci-en for a long while now and from the gameplay demos I have to say, if you're familiar with Fate: Grand Order, you have the gist of how the gameplay for this one works.

There are 3 card types (red/green/blue) which have different effects when used (red deals more damage, green generates crit chance for the next turn, blue generates mp.) Each girl has a "deck" of 5 cards with set colours (e.g. claw girl has a triple red deck) and at the start of each turn, you draw a hand of 5 cards from all 3 girls' collective decks, choose 3 cards to play (they go in the order you click them) and then watch the turn play out.

Each girl has a skill you can use on your turn at the cost of mp, with mp doubling as your ability to resist/break free of grabs (so be careful about how much you spend, or don't if you want to see h-content) and when a girl gets grabbed, each card she plays has a chance to break out of the grab, but she'll take mp damage for using it. If this mp damage reduces her bar to 0, she cums and gets tied up, which makes her stop drawing cards alltogether and gives her 3 new skill to struggle/endure/succumb(?) and if she runs out of health while bound, she gets captured a-la asagi.

Noble Phantasm, or ultimate skills, or whatever you want to call them, are also a thing, though I have no idea what actually triggers them. They show up as extra cards above your hand that persist between turns and even battles so you can charge them once and then save them for when you need a clutch play. Each one acts as a massive swing move, so be aware of that.

Crit works on a generation system where you'll generate critical "stars" with your attacks/abilities, which are then assigned to the cards in your hand; more stars on the same card means that card has a better chance to crit. There also seems to be an inverse of this mechanic where enemies generate hearts that attach to your cards, but I'm not sure what it does yet. Some kind of lust buildup, maybe?

There's walking around and exploring, dialogue and events just like any other ahriman game, lots of heavy bondage, anal training, all the good stuff we've been missing since asagi.

All told, I'm looking forward to this one.

EDIT: Sidenote, but you can very clearly see the FGO influence in this one, I mean the title character is literally just a hornier BB

lazycat

Lurker
Reputation score
Noble Phantasm, or ultimate skills, or whatever you want to call them, are also a thing, though I have no idea what actually triggers them. They show up as extra cards above your hand that persist between turns and even battles so you can charge them once and then save them for when you need a clutch play. Each one acts as a massive swing move, so be aware of that.
If you have certain amount of Critical Stars (the good one), 30+ iirc, then those moves become available.
Of course using them consume pretty much all of your stars and need to be gathered again (same deal with the Fumble Stars, it's assigned to cards)

Hentie

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
A quick and dirty on battle system (This was a few version back so expect changes and new battle system stuff)

- The bar up top is something like a field advantage meter for both you and the enemies, I'll just call it "FA". Your FA value increases the power of your cards (top left number of your card, henceforth called "CP"), enemy FA value increase the vulnerability of your cards (bottom right value of your card represented by hearts), the more hearts the less you can proc resist, roll lower on grapple check, enemies will crit more and you take more MP damage.

- There're 3 types of cards. BREAK cards is damage focused and scales with CP, CRACK cards focus on increasing your FA scaling with CP, ARMOR card focuses on MP recharge and decrease enemy FA scaling again with CP. CRACK and ARMOR still do damage but just not scaling damage like BREAK. I believe BREAK can do AoE row damage but not sure of the exact conditions, probably higher chance based on high CP + combo.

- If you're trying to lose keep your FA as low as possible and use BREAK cards which doesn't affect FA too much. CRACK cards will scale your cards to be more and more powerful, ARMOR will make it harder for enemies to H you.

- Using 3 cards of the same character give them a bonus attack.

- When your FA is high you can do super moves which also RESETS your FA to 0 so it's a great tool to reset your FA for losing, its basically a ton of damage at a very high cost. Lavender hair's (left character) super does dmg to target and splashes all adjacent enemies. Grey hair does column damage based on description but I can only see single target damage the 1 time I used it. Shorty/purple hair does row damage and debuff enemy def.

- 30mp move last for 1 turn, Lavender increases card CP and gives herself a buff I'm not sure of yet, Grey gives team small atk buff and applies row AoE to her BREAK attack, Shorty applies biological weakness to her attack (weakness attack against biological enemies?) and also row AoE to her BREAK attack. You'd probably want to check if you have a break card of the corresponding character before you use their move for the row AoE dmg.

- Each character has 5 cards forming the total pool of 15 cards, Grey has 1 armor 2 crack 2 break, Lavender has 1 break 2&2 others, Shorty has 3 break 1&1 others, basically Lavender can recharge her MP much easier and is the lewd defender, Grey is focused more on balanced FA, Shorty is attack focused.

Last edited:
OP
Renestrae

Renestrae

Devious Succubus
Reputation score
I love Ahriman's content, but by the hentai gods, let's pray that he doesn't fuck this thing up like his last 2 or 3 projects. The guy is genius if it comes to scene scripting and art design but the way he "stitches" his games together is abysmal and the epitome of atrocious spaghetti code no one can fix, not even Ahriman himself...
I am also on the side of very very cautious optimism. On one hand what he does create with his copious amounts of custom scriptwork is amazing, but we've all seen Ahriman get too bogged down by the multitude of systems (and rewrites) he created and eventually end up being unable to develop the game further. But on the other hand the playable demo in it's current state does make me a little hopeful I gotta say, especially since there are already different maps corresponding to the different systems (even has a gacha map with a little placeholder set up) and the system to move between them works, as well as the seemingly fully featured battle system. It does seem like he plotted out where and how all the different parts come together this time around.

If you have certain amount of Critical Stars (the good one), 30+ iirc, then those moves become available.
Of course using them consume pretty much all of your stars and need to be gathered again (same deal with the Fumble Stars, it's assigned to cards)
In the latest demo it was ≥50 I believe.
This is also the max of what you can keep each round, you get cut back down to 50 at round start if you have more.

Actually according to the ci-en post that's just a placeholder date. He registered the trial on the dlsite to advertise his work.
Do you have a publicly viewable source for this? I couldn't find what you mean in what I could see of his recent posts or comments.
Oh and I'm prepared for delays, I'm mostly just interested in how likely he thinks the date is.

A quick and dirty on battle system (This was a few version back so expect changes and new battle system stuff)

- The bar up top is something like a field advantage meter for both you and the enemies, I'll just call it "FA". Your FA value increases the power of your cards (top left number of your card, henceforth called "CP"), enemy FA value increase the vulnerability of your cards (bottom right value of your card represented by hearts), the more hearts the less you can proc resist, roll lower on grapple check, enemies will crit more and you take more MP damage.

- There're 3 types of cards. BREAK cards is damage focused and scales with CP, CRACK cards focus on increasing your FA scaling with CP, ARMOR card focuses on MP recharge and decrease enemy FA scaling again with CP. CRACK and ARMOR still do damage but just not scaling damage like BREAK. I believe BREAK can do AoE row damage but not sure of the exact conditions, probably higher chance based on high CP + combo.

- If you're trying to lose keep your FA as low as possible and use BREAK cards which doesn't affect FA too much. CRACK cards will scale your cards to be more and more powerful, ARMOR will make it harder for enemies to H you.

- Using 3 cards of the same character give them a bonus attack.

- When your FA is high you can do super moves which also RESETS your FA to 0 so it's a great tool to reset your FA for losing, its basically a ton of damage at a very high cost. Lavender hair's (left character) super does dmg to target and splashes all adjacent enemies. Grey hair does column damage based on description but I can only see single target damage the 1 time I used it. Shorty/purple hair does row damage and debuff enemy def.

- 30mp move last for 1 turn, Lavender increases card CP and gives herself a buff I'm not sure of yet, Grey gives team small atk buff and applies row AoE to her BREAK attack, Shorty applies biological weakness to her attack (weakness attack against biological enemies?) and also row AoE to her BREAK attack. You'd probably want to check if you have a break card of the corresponding character before you use their move for the row AoE dmg.

- Each character has 5 cards forming the total pool of 15 cards, Grey has 1 armor 2 crack 2 break, Lavender has 1 break 2&2 others, Shorty has 3 break 1&1 others, basically Lavender can recharge her MP much easier and is the lewd defender, Grey is focused more on balanced FA, Shorty is attack focused.
Thank you for posting this, it definitely helped me!
But maybe less of a need to repost here since I already linked to the original in the other thread in the OP. :p No worries tho

Peasant

Reputation score
My only complain is that yet again he seems to not implement a "pass turn" button, making it very hard to get to the point, but once you are at it forget about getting away.

lazycat

Lurker
Reputation score
My only complain is that yet again he seems to not implement a "pass turn" button, making it very hard to get to the point, but once you are at it forget about getting away.
unless he's changed it again since last time (hasn't touched the current demo)

you can rescue nearby girls to gain Fumble stars (the hearts) + spawn more enemies (iirc each enemies on the map will join the main fight if you trigger it without clearing them out)

so it's not hard to get to the point of your characters getting constantly grabbed

Noble 6

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
unless he's changed it again since last time (hasn't touched the current demo)

you can rescue nearby girls to gain Fumble stars (the hearts) + spawn more enemies (iirc each enemies on the map will join the main fight if you trigger it without clearing them out)

so it's not hard to get to the point of your characters getting constantly grabbed
Yeah, but I agree with the other guy. Even some of the clone games (that either borrow the same custom engine, or try to mimic it) add a move for each character that does nothing.

mark21800

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Do you have a publicly viewable source for this? I couldn't find what you mean in what I could see of his recent posts or commentsthat.
Here are links to both his and post. They both say that there are parts missing and he's advertising. No mention of a release date. I also checked his but it only announces the demo getting registered.

climhazzard

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Really enjoyed the demo of this. Enough so, that I find it hard to not have some expectation for it.

If I were going to provide criticism, or feedback, it'd be that it's a bit to easy. You can build FA much faster than enemies do. Personally, I think it ought to get reduced by a point each time you get hit, same as it does for enemies. The other problem is the three super cards. They'll break you out of any restraint or hold. The FA cost isn't much of a tradeoff because you can use all 3 cards on the same turn, which are nearly enough to wipe out everything on the screen. I think you should only be able to use one.

Unfortunately, I also found Nord and Aoi to be to easy, so I don't have high expectations for this to be a bit harder, but I hope it will be.

Mr.Pervy

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Really enjoyed the demo of this. Enough so, that I find it hard to not have some expectation for it.

If I were going to provide criticism, or feedback, it'd be that it's a bit to easy. You can build FA much faster than enemies do. Personally, I think it ought to get reduced by a point each time you get hit, same as it does for enemies. The other problem is the three super cards. They'll break you out of any restraint or hold. The FA cost isn't much of a tradeoff because you can use all 3 cards on the same turn, which are nearly enough to wipe out everything on the screen. I think you should only be able to use one.

Unfortunately, I also found Nord and Aoi to be to easy, so I don't have high expectations for this to be a bit harder, but I hope it will be.
there is talk, in the comments both on pixiv and on the main site, that Ahriman wishes to put in special items like in Asagi though~ so we should see some debuffs~ he also has mentioned needing to fix several bugs and rebalance things. this location is level 1, im sure things will get harder as time goes on~ but yes i share your initial thoughts!

SoulBreaka

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Is there any actual penetration from the enemies themselves instead of the tools thats not just the butthole during combat? Or planned to be?

Deleted member 194301

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Is there any actual penetration from the enemies themselves instead of the tools thats not just the butthole during combat? Or planned to be?
The only 'real' penetration I've been able to find so far has been what's shown in the capture scenes (i.e. let a heroine get captured during a fight and then click on them in the bathroom area on the map - I believe only the first two heroines have scenes so far, though). I've been playing the demos as they've released for a while now, hoping to find more, but I haven't had any luck (and as far as I know, there's no way to crack open the game and look for goodies when it's played through a browser, so I can't try that, either).

I can't really answer your second question, as well, but I'd be surprised if there wasn't any penetration at some point down the road, since this seems to be following in Asagi's footsteps. Fingers crossed.

Deleted member 194301

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Time to get everyone's hopes up and promptly dash them.... I saw that there was a new Ci-en post by the creator today:

From what I can tell, it's about how they created a map with goblins to test things out because they're having trouble implementing some things in their battle system, and while that image looks enticing, it's not available for us to play (at least not yet). Still, it shows that there's progress being made.

Deleted member 194301

Tentacle God
Reputation score
There's another Ci-en update today, this time showing one of the characters as pregnant after some goblin rape, as well as a link to a (that's only up for the rest of the day) asking if and when we want the heroines to be shown with a pregnant belly (I believe the four options are, in order, "All the time", "Only during conversations and H events", "Only during H events", "Never"):

Unfortunately, the demo link that's included in the post is still just the old version, so there continues to be no goblin antics... yet.

Last edited:

greenisbae

Reputation score
Man I'm rly excited for another Ahriman classic, but following the development of this game, it seems to have all the trappings of his last few blunders. He had a good, unique, and workable demo way back since March-May with a prototype map and story queues. Fast forward to now, and we still don't have an updated demo, and all his comments say its because he's rehauled the entire gameplay system, and has been delayed by 'big problems' to overcome. The screenshots seem to point at a much more complex gameplay UI, and I can't help but think him overthinking and trying to overcomplicate his gameplay formula was what led to the super buggy and super unfinished releases of Nord and Aoi, with this looking like it will follow suit (he's not even sure he'll make the proposed Dec release). I hope I'm wrong but it seems to me he had a perfectly fine system in place, and that he's grasping beyond his own capabilities once again for some incomprehensible reason when his clients would all be satisfied with new character CGs to coom to :/

naicore

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Man I'm rly excited for another Ahriman classic, but following the development of this game, it seems to have all the trappings of his last few blunders. He had a good, unique, and workable demo way back since March-May with a prototype map and story queues. Fast forward to now, and we still don't have an updated demo, and all his comments say its because he's rehauled the entire gameplay system, and has been delayed by 'big problems' to overcome. The screenshots seem to point at a much more complex gameplay UI, and I can't help but think him overthinking and trying to overcomplicate his gameplay formula was what led to the super buggy and super unfinished releases of Nord and Aoi, with this looking like it will follow suit (he's not even sure he'll make the proposed Dec release). I hope I'm wrong but it seems to me he had a perfectly fine system in place, and that he's grasping beyond his own capabilities once again for some incomprehensible reason when his clients would all be satisfied with new character CGs to coom to :/
Honestly, following Ahriman is rough. He made one of, if not the best, combat-rape games with Moral Sword Asagi in my opinion. So well made that even other creators got inspired by it. Then released some good, short animations that seemed to be a teaser for his next game and also a demo that seemed to further the Moral Sword game-style. But after that it kinda went downhill, Shizuma Kenpu Legend Aoi was decent, but short compared to the previous games. And then the whole mess with the Nord games. I would have been perfectly fine with a Moral Sword Asagi 2 or something with the system, but it seems he wants to re-invent every new game.

lazycat

Lurker
Reputation score
it seems he wants to re-invent every new game.
If you've seen his other works before Asagi, that should not have been a surprise.

If anything the things after Asagi has been less experimental compare to the stuffs before.