What's new

RPG RPG Maker [Ahriman] 紋章騎士ノルド ~ケガレの紋章編~ (RJ233587)

Tyrrandae

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Are there actually any better games than Ahriman’s? I have been searching for years for games that give me the same feeling as moral sword of asagi and I can’t seem to find any other than games from marimo ankokukan.
You can check out AzureZero's Damsel Quest 3. It's basically a lightweight Asagi, as Azure claims they were inspired by Asagi to make it. Then there is Princess Sacrifice it's not quite the same but it is kinda similar.

I too would like to find similar games to Asagi and Nord.

kyriacos

Lurker
Reputation score
You can check out AzureZero's Damsel Quest 3. It's basically a lightweight Asagi, as Azure claims they were inspired by Asagi to make it. Then there is Princess Sacrifice it's not quite the same but it is kinda similar.

I too would like to find similar games to Asagi and Nord.
Thank you! I've seen that game mentioned multiple times but I always glossed over it. I'll give it a try now that I know that it was inspired by Asagi.

krisslanza

Lurker
Reputation score
Ah thanks for the lore dump there, kind of surprising how much of that there is. And it does seem my thought that, basically, failing at the missions does have repercussions upon your subordinates, which is a pretty neat idea. I wonder if that will do much in the game, or if it'll just be background stuff like when Ouka loses a lot in her game, you can see more and more debauchery going on in the background.

Reactions: azi

T4ke

Lurker
Reputation score
Wait, are there 2 Alpha Versions? One free and one paid with 3 more rebel scenes?

nnescio

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Ah thanks for the lore dump there, kind of surprising how much of that there is. And it does seem my thought that, basically, failing at the missions does have repercussions upon your subordinates, which is a pretty neat idea. I wonder if that will do much in the game, or if it'll just be background stuff like when Ouka loses a lot in her game, you can see more and more debauchery going on in the background.
It's probably just cosmetic, like in the first game. Nord's Submission Level gets reset to 0 whenever she returns to Knight HQ, with the background NPCs returning to their default state when you return to the same forward encampment (at SL 0). There are no lasting repercussions (at least not yet).

The implied in-game explanation is your aide/XO Cierto (the blue-haired glasses lady) going around 'reprogramming' your knights and brainwashing any witnesses to return to the status quo. Including Nord herself, if necessary, to cover up any 'trauma'.

Ironically, Cierto's name means "true" in Spanish.

(The first game had the "reset" just happen inexplicably [IIRC]. Likely Cierto was given an expanded role in the 2nd game to justify this game mechanic in the story.)

Wait, are there 2 Alpha Versions? One free and one paid with 3 more rebel scenes?
Yes.

Or more precisely the free version is called a "demo" (体験版)while the "for paying supporters" version is called an "alpha" (α版), which currently has three additional rebel scenes, as you mentioned.

Last edited:

Trevelontous

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
oh. link to the trial version for those who don't know where to look

I think based off another entry he wrote on the blog the alpha is also now up for sale on that same blog, but I haven't bothered looking. Maybe he's only submitting it to dlsite after the game is complete, but making the alpha version for sale for financial reasons? Sick of reading his apologies/excuses so I'm going to be lazy and not thoroughly investigate 😂

nnescio

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
oh. link to the trial version for those who don't know where to look

I think based off another entry he wrote on the blog the alpha is also now up for sale on that same blog, but I haven't bothered looking. Maybe he's only submitting it to dlsite after the game is complete, but making the alpha version for sale for financial reasons? Sick of reading his apologies/excuses so I'm going to be lazy and not thoroughly investigate 😂
The original plan was to release the alpha version on DLsite and hopefully DMM.

DLsite basically told him hell no, get your shit together and maybe we'll talk no and 'advised' him to consider doing a full release in December instead. It wasn't revealed how DMM responded, but Ahriman has dropped the matter anyway.

At this point some commenters suggested (and provided guides on) doing a limited release of the alpha on supporter-patronage websites (which technically doesn't count as selling the 'game'). So right now the alpha version has been made available to Ahriman's supporters on Cien and Fanbox who have 'pledged' at least 100 yen/month (there is a download link on the webpage you linked to, but it's locked for non-paying people). Meanwhile the demo version is up for free on Cien and doesn't require an account or subscribing (free or otherwise) to download.

As for why he needs to release the game early (and why he rushed the sale of the earlier botched version), yes, it's for financial reasons. Specifically, he had to settle some financial obligation to a third party "who has done a lot for him while he was in the process of making the doujin". It's not DLsite, Ahriman stated his obligations to this third party comes first. The rest is deliberately left vague.

So, essentially, he owes someone money. If I were to speculate, it's probably either the voice actress or the artist, but it may possibly be a 'credit agency' or a short-term (personal) loan to cover the production costs (or living expenses). Note that this is all just speculation, but the way it's worded implies the financial obligation is at least something tangentially related to producing the game.

Last edited:

kyriacos

Lurker
Reputation score
Does anyone know what is going on with this game? It was supposed to release last month, but it sounds like Ahriman couldn’t finish it again so he’s lying that he submitted it to dlsite and they are just taking a long time to approve it.

crap

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Does anyone know what is going on with this game? It was supposed to release last month, but it sounds like Ahriman couldn’t finish it again so he’s lying that he submitted it to dlsite and they are just taking a long time to approve it.
He posted that he submitted it Thursday morning.

A) I would guess DLsite doesn't approve things over the weekend
B) Given the history of this game, I'd think they'd want to be extra-sure it's OK to sell
C) Why would he post that he submitted it to buy time or goodwill rather than just another "sorry need more time" post - or, more likely, nothing?

Keep your pitchforks stowed 'til next weekend IMO.

qwerxzvcasdf

Reputation score
anyone know how to keep bondage oufit to play? it seem reset when back to camp.

Tyrrandae

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score
Game is now on sale

Hallerai

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
I've been super soured to him at this point. Anyone wanna hold their nose and see how much it's a cluster fuck this time?

drag102

Lurker
Reputation score
I've been super soured to him at this point. Anyone wanna hold their nose and see how much it's a cluster fuck this time?
Same. After what happened last time, really don't feel like buying his game. Really hope this time will be better.

JabbaKappa

Lurker
Reputation score
Bought it, played it for a bit. NOTE: I can't read japanese and I don't use any translating software, haven't gotten around to setting it up, so I won't talk about the story, not that it seems to be anything complex.

TL;DR: Gameplay, nothing special, likely large amounts of spaghetti code. Solid art and lots of bondage, though.

After the intro, you talk to a secretary/advisor girl and are brought to the map where you pick your targets, though there is only one target at the start. Not sure if you will actually have a choice at some point.
After choosing your target, you march out to fight your way there. There are a few groups of enemies blocking your path on the map, you fight them and eventually reach your target, which I assume is a boss fight. The combat is basically the same as previously, as expected, unfortunately that includes the choppy animation (maybe it's just a problem with my pc, it is pretty shit). I messed around a bit using translator++seeing if I could make a partial for the game. I didn't mess around for long, and I am far from an expert, but the patch borked something in the game, causing characters to spawn in different spaces during the intro, and causing a permanent black screen after said intro, making progressing impossible. Maybe it's the program I used but I couldn't access all the data, and the fact that the intro borked so easily leads me to believe that there is alot of spaghetti going on.
Now for the good parts.
The art is (imo) really solid. Sound effects are on point. Lots of bondage. These are things that I highly value, and makes up for the bad things previously mentioned for me.
Another thing worth mentioning is that while messing with the data, I found some stuff indicating that there might be some light army management, where you send them on missions and stuff. (have yet to see any actual indication of this in-game, however)

crap

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Bought it, played it for a bit. NOTE: I can't read japanese and I don't use any translating software, haven't gotten around to setting it up, so I won't talk about the story, not that it seems to be anything complex.

TL;DR: Gameplay, nothing special, likely large amounts of spaghetti code. Solid art and lots of bondage, though.

After the intro, you talk to a secretary/advisor girl and are brought to the map where you pick your targets, though there is only one target at the start. Not sure if you will actually have a choice at some point.
After choosing your target, you march out to fight your way there. There are a few groups of enemies blocking your path on the map, you fight them and eventually reach your target, which I assume is a boss fight. The combat is basically the same as previously, as expected, unfortunately that includes the choppy animation (maybe it's just a problem with my pc, it is pretty shit). I messed around a bit using translator++seeing if I could make a partial for the game. I didn't mess around for long, and I am far from an expert, but the patch borked something in the game, causing characters to spawn in different spaces during the intro, and causing a permanent black screen after said intro, making progressing impossible. Maybe it's the program I used but I couldn't access all the data, and the fact that the intro borked so easily leads me to believe that there is alot of spaghetti going on.
Now for the good parts.
The art is (imo) really solid. Sound effects are on point. Lots of bondage. These are things that I highly value, and makes up for the bad things previously mentioned for me.
Another thing worth mentioning is that while messing with the data, I found some stuff indicating that there might be some light army management, where you send them on missions and stuff. (have yet to see any actual indication of this in-game, however)
(this discussion should probably continue in a new thread now that the game is out, although this is technically relevant to RJ233587 as well)

Ahriman likes to use a script called "行動前イベント" that checks CommonEvents comments to trigger certain combat events. For example, in Asagi it's used to trigger cut-in pictures and some skill effects. Most (all?) translation tools ignore comments, so you end up with untranslated skill names & actors as triggers that end up not doing anything since they've been changed in the database but not in the comments.

Last edited:

1randomboi

Reputation score
Is the game incompatible with windows 10? I can't launch it from my laptop

1randomboi

Reputation score
You probably need to make an exception for it in your anti virus.
I opened the game but then the game window only show black then just close. I played the game once on my old windows 7 pc and it didn't have this problem.