What's new

ACT SIM [アイリスフィールド] 素晴らしき国家の築き方 (RJ219681)

OP
H

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score
...the amount of misinformation by people who think they know something about programming isn't perhaps staggering, yet it's still significant.

I may not rate a professional programmer, yet my grasp on the basics is good enough.

Putting strings in fixed sized blocks, then embedding that into the executable, even if it seems to simplify retrieving them, is wasteful.
What's worse, it forces you to recompile for any string changes.
Also, while the block size is quite large for Japanese (due to kanji), if you were to translate it into a latin language, there's a good chance you'd run out of space.

Coding something meant to be translated is hard, sometimes even damn hard, but this thing here seems to be done to fuck over any potential translator.

Also, :rolleyes: factually wrong - the retrieval of most of those strings is actually quite easy to brute-force (here the way those were embedded actually makes things more simple), it's putting them back that's at very least tedious.
All that jargon, and all you're trying to tell everyone is translating this game can be done provided someone can be bothered to do so since it is more complicated than just copying and pasting from a text hook.

Which is my point exactly. For the first game some lurker claimed he finished a machine translation for the interface. Too bad it was only for a certain game version and was made obsolete by game updates.

For the second game, someone else did come up with a partial interface translation long after the second last patch and additional story was released. My building guide was referenced, everything else was copied from elsewhere since translator had the technical skill and no language capability.

Go ahead and prove me wrong by coming up with a homebrew hack to translate the game. Nnescio has already translated what the brothel rooms do, but that's a fraction of what needs to be translated as far as the blind players are concerned (Tech tree upgrades, item properties, character skills etc). I see no reason to repeat what I did with the previous game's rooms since there's no demand for it and everyone who did finish the game won't bother going back to it.

By the time someone does come up with something, I'll have moved on to something else and won't care about how shoddy the effort is since it won't be done by someone who can actually read the original language without machine help (Google, Bing, Text Extractor, ITH, whatever crutch is available) to begin with.

Last edited:

JustLurksHere

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
:sigh: seriously, I can't tell whether you're misunderstanding some of my statements accidentally or on purpose.

Without proper access to the code, while it would seem quite a bit could be done, as the same time not much of it would be serious.

Most of the strings are embedded in 272 (0x110) byte blocks, yet those are obviously some kind of records and without testing, it's difficult to tell how much of the block can the string use and how much is for the data associated with it - cause given the layout, I'm almost certain that (for example) for weapons/items their initial stats are stored in the same record as their respective name. Also, 272 bytes isn't that all that much for latin languages and without access to code, you won't get more. That's why I've said that wrt. translation, it's a really bad design.

In short, doing an equivalent of a ruby Maker partial (that is just item names/descriptions) would likely be doable, if tedious (though you'd need to watch the space limit), anything more and you'd be running out of space much too often.

...and if it wasn't clear, quite a few posts back I ran of of the interest in this game, not because of being unable to understand the plot, but because finding various elements of game mechanics misfitted.

Yukihirou

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
I'm late to the party, I'm sorry but can anyone help me figuring out 3 choices for the second option in the beginning ? I believe it ask you about your present.

OP
H

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score
I'm late to the party, I'm sorry but can anyone help me figuring out 3 choices for the second option in the beginning ? I believe it ask you about your present.
I've already translated the options that matter for actual gameplay, so you must be talking about the girls' sex traits.

1. All of the girls are virgins.
2. Girls' sexual experience is in line with the game universe (so some are virgins, but some aren't because of their past history and background)
3. All of the girls are sexually experienced.

Anyone playing New Game Plus has a fourth option, which is to carry over the girls' sexual experience from previous run.

Last edited:

nnescio

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
I've already translated the options that matter for actual gameplay, so you must be talking about the girls' sex traits.

2. Girls' sexual experience is in line with the game universe (so some are virgins, but some aren't because of their past history and background)

Anyone playing New Game Plus as a fourth option, which is to carry over the girls' sexual experience from previous run.
Third option also changes up some scenes/events to reflect a world with more open sexual mores. (well, the default is already pretty open, but this one is much more so.)

Last edited:

Yukihirou

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Anyone playing New Game Plus has a fourth option, which is to carry over the girls' sexual experience from previous run.
Thank you ! Can you spare the time helping me out with this one as well, I only need to know what the left side tables tell you about, the sexual traits/option on the right side I managed to hook it alright.
Untitled.png

OP
H

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score
No point translating the stats since they indirectly influence what options the girls have in the minigame. Once the girls have enough experience they'll automatically acquire options to please the customers. Enable those and try to match the customer needs with the right girl. The numbers on the left track the girls' sexual prowess but don't really matter for non-Japanese players since there's no direct gameplay impact.

Yukihirou

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
No point translating the stats since they indirectly influence what options the girls have in the minigame. Once the girls have enough experience they'll automatically acquire options to please the customers. Enable those and try to match the customer needs with the right girl. The numbers on the left track the girls' sexual prowess but don't really matter for non-Japanese players since there's no direct gameplay impact.
Euh, uhm, actually, that's my fetish, those initial stats are what matters to me the most as I gauge which girl is capable of what. Could you still help me with this, thank in advance anyways !

OP
H

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score
You clearly haven't played the minigame, so I'll say this now: There is little correlation between the stats you want translated on the left and what the girls' options eventually turn out to be.

What you "gauge" means absolutely nothing as far as the minigame is concerned. Build up the girls' sexual experience to get options, equip the options and then match the girls with the customer fetishes. Even if there's no match, the customer will still pay up. Each girl needs to service at least one customer per day or there's a penalty to her enthusiasm (which directly influences the payout multiplier). Even if her options don't match any customer, getting her to work just once will help preserve the stamina of other girls. Rinse and repeat, watch the money roll in. Brothel minigame is the best way to earn cash early on and players should do it anyway to unlock the gallery scenes and pictures.

Yukihirou

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
^Thank but I must clarify this: I mean I want to look at a girl personal past sexual record to gauge if she's fit to work in the industry, kinda like throwing some manager roleplaying in there.
tldr; i'm a pervert be4 a gamer -_-

OP
H

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score
^Thank but I must clarify this: I mean I want to look at a girl personal past sexual record to gauge if she's fit to work in the industry, kinda like throwing some manager roleplaying in there.
It doesn't matter if the girl is a virgin or has thousands of men under her belt. All of the stats will start from zero assuming it's a game with all of the girls as virgins or in line with their personal history. Using the lewd girl game setting gives options right off the bat for all of the girls, which eliminates the time needed to train them up.

It's up to players to decide if girls should work in the brothel or not. The stats have absolutely zero bearing on the decision.

nnescio

Reputation score
tldr; i'm a pervert be4 a gamer -_-
From top to bottom, left to right:

Class
Name
Height
Weight
B(ust)
W(aist)
H(ips)
No. of Partners
No. of Sexual Experiences
First Time Partner (Hilariously, Gorou's first time was with a spring roll.)

-

Stamina
No. of Climaxes
No. of Kisses
No. of Bukkakes
No. of Swallows
Vaginal Creampies
Anal Creampies
No. of Pregnancies

-

Lips Sensitivity
Nipple Sensitivity
Vaginal Sensitivity
Clit Sensitivity
Anal Sensitivity

-

Semen Extracted
Semen Creampied

Most stats are purely cosmetic and don't have any effect on gameplay, as noted by Harleyquin. Stamina is important for the minigame though, and I think the sensitivity stats might have some effect, but it's probably negligible and I'm not entirely sure anyway.

Last edited:
OP
H

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Nnescio to the rescue.

Sensitivity doesn't mean much if the options for the girls are hard coded. Obviously some girls will have specific patterns because it matches with the services they offer customers, regardless of customer fetish.

I've yet to try New Game Plus with the lewd girl setting, so have no idea if the brothel options change compared to the other game settings.

Yukihirou

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Thank for the answer Nnescio, I beat the slave game (circle's previous work) with only one girl doing prostitution and this time around i'm gonna mess around a little bit.
(Or maybe I should stop by the japanese school on the highway home and enlist there for 1 year...)
@Harleyquin13 sorry for beating around the bushes earlier.

I have another question, is there any repercussions for always playing normal, is there any difference picking the harder difficulty, like reward ?

Last edited:

nnescio

Reputation score
Thank for the answer Nnescio, I beat the slave game (circle's previous work) with only one girl doing prostitution and this time around i'm gonna mess around a little bit.
(Or maybe I should stop by the japanese school on the highway home and enlist there for 1 year...)
@Harleyquin13 sorry for beating around the bushes earlier.

I have another question, is there any repercussions for always playing normal, is there any difference picking the harder difficulty, like reward ?
Harder difficulties give higher drop chances, money, and EXP. I think some of the rarer items are impossible to get at lower difficulties, though it could just be an absurdly low (default) drop rate.

Enemies get boosts to their stats at higher difficulties. They may also gain new abilities. Usually there would also be more enemy waves and a greater number of enemies per wave.

(Also quite often there will be some sort of gimmick at higher difficulties that make it easier to complete the map if you figure out what it is. Like a specific wave with most of the enemies lined up all together, letting piercing weapons decimate the whole wave if you aim them right.)

Last edited:
OP
H

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Harder difficulties give higher drop chances, money, and EXP. I think some of the rarer items are impossible to get at lower difficulties, though it could just be a low drop rate.
Advance up the tech tree enough and it's possible to get the top-grade equipment on the easiest difficulty. Realistically, it's the second difficulty onwards with tech tree help where the best gear for each level can drop.

Rule of thumb: Last two entries in the drop table are the hardest difficulty drops. Four items before that are for the third difficulty level. Get the tech tree up enough and even the easiest difficulty level will get top-grade loot (albeit with lower chances than the higher difficulty levels).

I've broken the game balance after getting the right Spiria and upgrading one of the throwing weapons to 350 durability and 10 weight. Even the seemingly impossible boss fight against Shield's best friend on the hardest difficulty finishes in less than 30 seconds.

noman

Lurker
Reputation score
According to an anon

The update patches for the game are posted on the circle’s official website, and they will keep breaking H-codes with every update. Here are codes that should keep working with new versions:
/HSNC@0:USER32.dll:wsprintfA or /HSC@0:USER32.dll:wsprintfA
/HS4@0:kernel32.dll:lstrlenA or /HSN4@0:kernel32.dll:lstrlenA
Switch between /HSN and /HS codes depending on what you’re currently doing in the game.
lstrlenA is meant for hooking ADV/VN mode text, wsprintfA is for that and everything else.
AGTH users can use a combination of /X /NH /KF /C /PN素晴らしき国家の築き方.exe command-line options instead of H-codes. Run the game first, then attach AGTH to the running process, like so:
agth.exe /X /NH /KF /C /PN素晴らしき国家の築き方.exe
Can someone please explain how to attach AGTH to this game in more details? I only know how to run AGTH by editing shortcuts to a game. Do I copy and paste the agth.exe to the game folder, open a cmd, and then run the above command?

Yukihirou

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
^ Yes me too, I don't know how to do that, do we use command promt for this ?

OP
H

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score
The game crashes every so often, so only advice I can give is to patch the game and to save before field engagements.