What's new

ACT SIM [アイリスフィールド] 素晴らしき国家の築き方 (RJ219681)

noman

Lurker
Reputation score
I have to say I am not a fan of this game. It just doesn't click with me. The h-scenes seem too detached from the gameplay (you have to go out of the way to initiate them), and the battle mechanics are too simplistic. Guess this just isn't my type of game.

zooi

Lurker
Reputation score
Mostly finished with this (am partway through MALICE) and really enjoyed it. I still have a ton of interpersonal events to go read, and a few characters' personal relationship events, like huntress girl's, who I skipped specifically because of how she talks.

I didn't really care to mess around with the combat too much before cheating in god weapons that do 99999 damage every 10 frames, but I still messed with it for more than I would for most games, and in any case that wasn't the reason I picked it up to begin with. I didn't really bother with "properly" progressing through the tech tree either, though I liked all the description changes of your country in the top tab changing as you progress.

The story and stuff was really good, and very funny when it wanted to be. Before I got too far into this, I took a quick look at the previous games' store pages to decide if I should play those first, but decided to skip them for relatively superficial reasons, which I kind of regret now that I've basically finished this. I'm definitely going to go back and play those now.

e: by the way, am I dumb as hell, or is there no way to play the audio from the current line without going to the next line and then checking the backlog? (since the backlog having more than just a couple lines pushes the current line out of view, and it can't be scrolled to)

Last edited:

Cupio

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
It's a pretty massive text-heavy game, gonna take them awhile. While it's not really my kind of H-game, can't complain I guess. It is MASSIVELY successful among the JP so I'm not surprised they picked it up.

TTsuyuki

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Sigh, they haven't even translated DUNGEON TOWN yet.
Yeah, i'm honestly confused what is the deal with Dungeon Town. It was like one of the first games they announced. Also i'm wondering about Demon Queen Melissa. They translated all those other Acerola games pretty quickly but this one was announced in March and still nothing...

Last edited:

Bryanis

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Sigh, they haven't even translated DUNGEON TOWN yet.
Check their discord. Lot of peoples bring up late release complaint for this one.
Kagura's answer is straightforward : the game is using an engine they are not used to (so it take more time), and they underestimated the amount of data to translate.

Add taht like most company, some work have higher priority, and you can understand why it's longer than most rpg maker game.
As for an ETA, or if they are too slow... well, it's anyone guess.

OP
H

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score
I thought it would happen, and it has. Extra scenario for this game is going to focus on the prince and his endeavours shortly after the Continent has turned Dark. If it's like the second game, the extra scenario will be a free download for those who legitimately own the game and have a registered account on DLsite.

He's been basking in his recent glory for too long. Back to work.

Reputation score
SO When I try booting the game I get an "Irisfield002 has stopped working" error? Anyone know what's up with that?

Bryanis

Reputation score
Well, a few possibilities.
1) a false positive with your AV. Turn it off to try. If it work the the AV off, add an exception.
2) MV can be quite heavy on the memory / CPU, if you got a old / weak PC it might be lacking RAM for the game
3) Some problem with the game exe path (especially if you got a PC not set to japanese local setting). Try moving the game to a folder with short name and no foreign character. Like c:\Irisfield\game.exe and try it.
4) make sure everything in the game folder (file and sub folder) aren't in read only. Else the game might failed to create or edit some file like the config or save file / folder and chose to close when encountering the problem.

OP
H

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Well, a few possibilities.
1) a false positive with your AV. Turn it off to try. If it work the the AV off, add an exception.
2) MV can be quite heavy on the memory / CPU, if you got a old / weak PC it might be lacking RAM for the game
3) Some problem with the game exe path (especially if you got a PC not set to japanese local setting). Try moving the game to a folder with short name and no foreign character. Like c:\Irisfield\game.exe and try it.
4) make sure everything in the game folder (file and sub folder) aren't in read only. Else the game might failed to create or edit some file like the config or save file / folder and chose to close when encountering the problem.
Could you not do your stock copy and paste for tech support in every thread? This game doesn't use RPG Maker MV. As for the user's problem, he'd get more precise help if he gave a screenshot of the actual error message and its precise details.

Reputation score
Could you not do your stock copy and paste for tech support in every thread? This game doesn't use RPG Maker MV. As for the user's problem, he'd get more precise help if he gave a screenshot of the actual error message and its precise details.
TBF They were actually right, my folder had a chinese character in it which seemed to have caused the game to crash when I tried launching it. Changing the folder name fixed it.

Bryanis

Reputation score
Well, while I don't wopy / paste. I wasn't mindful enough to check before answering and just goes with my (ultimately false) memory about the game being a rpg MV.

Although while not copy & paste fan, sadly the problems listed (except the memory leak) are true for all H game (with the addition of Japanese local setting required for some engine).

Arxus

Reputation score
Do you have a 100% save??
And could tell me how to put the iriscodes??

234h4322

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I'm guessing
Nerussa and Gray can't be beaten towards the later end of the game?

OP
H

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score
I'm guessing
Nerussa and Gray can't be beaten towards the later end of the game?
You're partly right.

Nerussa can be beaten, but all that does is change the post-battle dialogue slightly. Grey can be beaten second time round, but story-wise it doesn't matter since everyone loses.

OmegaArk

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Is the creator creating a DLC or will it be an update? Guy has been twitting with new pictures and such..unless i am wrong about it.

OP
H

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Is the creator creating a DLC or will it be an update? Guy has been twitting with new pictures and such..unless i am wrong about it.
For everyone else's benefit, DLC similar to something from the last game is still in the works. Post #87.

Bryanis

Reputation score
Already answered but the game is being translated by Kagura game.

And, don't bother to ask for a release date. KG never gave one.