What's new

Almost Human

Termite

A bug
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Almost Human

A - Let her continue

This behavior seems suspicious, especially when there's a possible threat to the ship running around. Further investigation is required.

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

As much as I love suspicious robodickings, this really isn't the time.

DeMatt

Lurker
Reputation score

Ooh! Tiebreaker!

I vote B - this isn't the time. I strongly suspect the other genhuman of having Done Something to Alice (or at least this mobile unit) which caused this behaviour, but I don't think Darian can find out what by allowing it to continue.

OP
Farren

Farren

Cthulhu
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Tell her this isn't the time
-----

“Alice, whatever has brought this on, can we discuss it after we find the other genhuman and fix your sensors. I don't think it would be good to ignore either problem for... this... whatever it is.” Darian tells her, moving a hand to stop hers at his coat. This really wasn't the time to be letting the ship's AI be distracted.

“I can be in more than one place, see more than one place. Genhuman will be found soon. Will not have chance to have you alone now that genhumans here. Do not want to wait longer.” Alice explains, leaning in to press her face to Darian's chest. The mobile unit was about a foot shorter than him, but that didn't stop her deceptively small frame from having no problem in returning to his coat despite his hand.

“It doesn't really matter, we've got to secure the ship first. You know that as well as I do. If you have something to tell me it can wait at least that long can't it?” Darian tries to push the point that they both had more important things to worry about. The mobile unit seemed unfazed as it finished opening the front of his coat.

“Situation is under control. I am tired of waiting Darian. Need to make sense of this.” She continues, sliding her hands to the waist of his pants and pressing him back against the closest wall, keeping him in place.

-----
Choices:
-----

Darian should:
A: Let her continue.
B: Stop her.
C: Escape.

Stats

Build: 60
Reaction: 50
Mental: 70
Social: 30

Stamina: 20/20
Vitality: 30/30

Traits:
Whisper Traits (More resistant to Blunt and Slashing damage, immune to certain environmental hazards.)
Tech Head (+10 Mental bonus when dealing with machines, +30 Social bonus when dealing with sentient machines.)

Inventory: Repair kit, Uniform, Sidearm, Cargo Manifest, Spark Bug in glove.
-Ship AI

- Genhuman - Strain: Harpy?

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

B.

STRANGER DANGER! STRANGER DANGER!!!

I'm sorry, but when ya first saw the AI, she wasn't acting like this. It's obvious one of two things here:

1. Something has curropted this personality unit.
2. That unit is a spai. Where's me flamethrower...

Termite

A bug
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I'm still leaning toward A, but with a bit of a twist.

If this truly is Alice then she's determined, and I don't think we should make the AI mad at us by pushing her away. But we can't just let things go too far, so listen to her for a bit then convince her that there will be time later to sit down and "talk".

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Just what do you think you're doing, Alice? I really think I'm entitled to an answer to that question.

Alright, so frustrated robodickings are REALLY tempting, but my amazingly paranoid self is extremely afraid that this is some kind of crazy digital Imean ruse. B.

OP
Farren

Farren

Cthulhu
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Stop her
-----

“Alice.” Darian states firmly as he takes her hands again and grips them to stop them moving around. He tries not to be rough about it but he knew those bodies of hers were strong. Since talking didn't seem to be straightening anything out.

“Aww, but where is the fun in stopping now?” The mobile unit chirped, loosing the slight robotic quality to it's voice entirely. “It's a shame you know, she would go on without expressing her desires.”

“There you are. Remove yourself from Darian Ryans immediately!” The blue mobile unit Alice had used in the medical bay demanded as it came into view down the corridor, moving swiftly to the pair of them.

“Alice?” Darian asked, hoping for some clrity as he turned to face the blue haired girl “What is going on?”

“Oh she's just jealous that I'm the one so clse to you right now,” The darker mobile unit giggled, taking a step back fom Darian. “If you wanted in you could hav-”

“Nonsense,” Alice cut in, “Now report to the medical bay before I have to resort to containment measures.”

“Oh come on, don't be such a grouch, I can even let you feel everything like he can, bet you'd change your tune then hmm?

“You are to report to the medical bay. Discussion of anything else is secondary.”

“Maybe I'll just show him your little thoughts the-”

“If you do not comply I will be forced to remove you from the ship.”

“Oh fine I'll see you in the medical bay then,” The blacked haired mobile unit rolled her eyes before her body started to disperse into what looked like a cloud of black dust. The dust swirled in the air for a moment before trailing off in the direction of the medical bay, leaving Darian and what he could only assume was actually Alice.

“We should follow.” Alice states after a few moments of silence, her body and face turned away from Darian.

-----
Choices
-----

Darian should

A: Talk with Alice. (Conversation topics or other actions suggestible)
B: Head to the medical bay.

Stats

Traits:
Whisper Traits (More resistant to Blunt and Slashing damage, immune to certain environmental hazards.)
Tech Head (+10 Mental bonus when dealing with machines, +30 Social bonus when dealing with sentient machines.)

-Ship AI

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

While we're walking over, ask her what the hell critter was that.

In hex, this time.

OP
Farren

Farren

Cthulhu
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Talk with Alice
-----

“So, do you mind telling me what that was?” Darian asks as he takes a step to head in the direction of the medical bay, waiting for Alice to follow. He debated briefly trying to lighten the mood by speaking in hex but considering how much more stressful things seemed to have gotten from earlier he thought better of pushing his luck with her.

“Genhuman, unknown type, not in database. Seems to possess malleable body. Claims it can read thoughts.” Alice states , shaking her head a little before she moves off at a brisk pace, leaving Darian tailing behind her.

“Can it? I mean, you are a machine so I'm guessing it was just toying with me back there rig-?”

“It was wasting our time, nothing more.” Alice interrupted with as close to a angry voice as Darian had heard from one of her units. “If it fails to cooperate I will contain it in the cargo bay. The crews safety comes first.”

“Right, so what's the plan now. You've still got sensors out and we have two genhumans aboard. We don't have any extra cryochambers, so we're at least going to be delayed in our travel from the extra power usag-”

“I understand the situation Darian Ryans. I am contemplating the best course of action.” Alice stops and turns back to Darian, doing what he would assume was her best attempt to glare at him. It was likely she wasn't enjoying the situation, it was a lot to deal with, especially with her trying to conserve power. That or perhaps the second genhuman had gotten to her, if that was even possible. Then again, she did seem to enjoy contact with others and considering Darian was the first one to be woken if there was ever a problem they had a fair bit of time when it was just the two of them together. If something was bothering her that would likely prove problematic to sorting this mess out, though he wasn't sure what he should do about it.

-----
Choices
-----

Darian should:
A: Hug her
B: Comfort her verbally
C: Tell her not to worry so much
D: Keep moving
E: Other?

Stats

Traits:

-Ship AI

OP
Farren

Farren

Cthulhu
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Hug Her
-----

It was hard at times see Alice as just being the ship's AI. She exhibited little quirks and seemed to have a genuine interest in being liked by her crew. How much of that was simply a testament to how far AI programs had evolved, Darian wasn't sure. He did however know that he didn't like being treated like a machine, half of the reason for his departure from earth, perhaps Alice simply wanted the same. Even if he was reading too much into things, he doubted the gesture would hurt any, so he took a step forward and wrapped his arms around her, holding her gently. To his surprise she leaned into his embrace, turning her head to the side as she rested against his chest. Her body wasn't warm, and it wasn't soft. It was built for work unlike his own which was made to give him the illusion of being alive. He wasn't even really holding her as such, with her conciseness spread across the ship and who knew how many systems, he wondered how much she would take away from this.

“Why?” Alice finally spoke up, keeping her face out of Darian's sight.

“You were worrying too much. This seemed like the thing to do.” Darian replied, keeping his grip on her loose so she could pull away when she wanted to. He didn't expect her to remain where she was, but she didn't seem to be in a hurry to move away either.

“We're wasting time. I'm wasting power being idle.” Even with her complaints, she didn't move herself at all.

“If you want me to stop I-”

“No.” Alice cut in with a whisper, quiet enough that Darian almost didn't catch it. “I don't want you to stop. Even though you should. There isn't a point to this. I can't feel you hugging me, only see it. This motion is without use on this body. So why do I want you to continue to hold me?”

That was a good question and one Darian wasn't sure he ad a good answer for. She didn't seem like she was damaged in any way, her priorities were still in order and she seemed concerned over her behaviour like she should be. It wasn't clear why all this was coming up now unless it had be sparked by the genhuman's actions, Darian was sure that he'd have to handle the situation delicately though. Despite her seemingly stable state of mind, Alice still had control of the entire ship.

-----
Choices
-----

Darian Should:
A:Try to answer the question
B: Avoid the question

Any other suggestions for actions should also be included in addition to primary choice.

Stats

Traits:

-Ship AI

???? - Genhuman - Strain: ????

Kring

Lurker
Reputation score

A. The sooner we settle this, the sooner we can move on to more pressing issues.

OP
Farren

Farren

Cthulhu
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Try to answer the question
-----

“I'm not really sure Alice. I wish I could tell you, but, I don't think there is anything wrong with wanting it. Considering that I'm living in a shell now, I can't stand here and say that you can't share wants that I have.” Darian tries to explain what he thinks of the situation, though he ends up giving a chuckle and settling for holding Alice a little more firmly. “I guess it's not very professional for a mechanic to say that I think there is nothing wrong with you for enjoying a hug. I mean, if that's the worst quirk you develop then I think we can all consider ourselves lucky.”

“That doesn't give me an Answer Darian Ryans.” Alice stated when he was done, shifting her body about a little in his grip.

“Well, what do you want out of this? I mean there has to be something deeper than the physical action, since you've already made it clear that you don't feel anything from it.” Darian sighs a little, shaking his head softly. “Of course you'll tell me you don't know, huh?”

“I don't.”

“How are the sensors holding up?”

“No change. Why would you ask?”

“Just wanted to make sure this wasn't distracting you. We do all need you to get us home safely after all.”

“Standing my mobile unit here doesn't take any effort Darian Ryans. I'm far more busy than you are while you enjoy this. You will be busy looking after two females. If you can call that busy. Are you monitoring every subsystem of this ship while organising repairs and keeping watch for further issues, all while running on minimal power I might add?” Alice huffed, though she moved a hand to rest over the top of Darian's. “I should not be keeping you here, unlike me, you can only be useful in one way at a time.”

“Maybe. I could argue that keeping you in good spirits is the most important thing. You are watching the medical bay after all, I'm sure you'll tell me if I really need to go deal with those two.” Darian replies softly, not moving for the moment as Alice shifts a little. It would be easy of her to dismiss this situation if she really became uncomfortable. “Did what the genhuman said have any basis in fact, Alice?”

“Is it important?” Alice responds, dropping her head just a little, but enough for Darian to know she wasn't keen on this discussion, though she had still made no effort to move from his arms.

-----
Choices
-----

Is it important?

Stats

Traits:

-Ship AI

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

Of course it's important; he wouldn't be wasting her time with idle chatter, would he? :D

Aztlan

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I'll agree with Wall here.

DeMatt

Lurker
Reputation score

Yes, it is important, but I don't think Darian should talk about "wasting her time"...

Say, rather, something about how he feels closer to Alice than he does to the rest of the crew maybe?

OP
Farren

Farren

Cthulhu
RP Moderator
Reputation score

It's important.

“Your well being is important Alice. I know how it feels to be treated as something less than human, I would never treat you the same way.” Darian sighed, pulling away from her a little to smile down to her. It wasn't as pronounced on board, though some of the crew still obviously looked down on him for his status. It didn't matter that he was just as human as them at one time, so the same crew members would give even less thought for Alice. He considered saying more when his first remark was greeted with silence, but Alice didn't seem to be paying attention. It was a subtle lack of focus, but one he'd picked up on.

“Alice?” he enquired quietly, not wanting to break her concentration.

“Something...” she replied in a tone without any attempted emotion, just a simple report. “Something is out there...”

Before Darian could ask anything further, Alice jumped, utilising her body's strength to push Darian against the nearest wall. The reason became clear soon enough as the ship rocked as though impacting something large, a terrible creak of metal straining filling the corridor. The light disappeared, a moment later, plunging the ship into darkness as Darian struggled to get himself steady. Despite Alice's best intentions, he took a bit of a knock from the push and the resulting impact, though perhaps most troubling was the fact that he found himself moving fairly freely up the side of the wall.

“Alice?!” Darian shook the seemingly lifeless mobile unit that was still half sprawled over him as if the motion might wake her.

“Power critical, can't maintain mobile units.” Alice's voice came over the ship's intercom,” Gravity failure, lighting failure. Other systems damaged... life support functioning below optimum levels. Unknown impact. Sensors... not reading... sense... no...”

“Alice focus! What do I need to do?” Darian yelled, setting the mobile unit to one side.

“Head to medical bay, I will try to isolate the damage.”

He didn't waste any time in heading back, launching himself from the wall with a fluid motion as he pulled the touch from his repair kit to help him see. Thankfully the lack of gravity wouldn't deter his progress too much, at least not down the corridors. All in all it didn't take long for him to reach the medical bay once more.

The scene inside was a little more frantic than he'd expected.

Alice had managed to keep the emergency lighting on in the room and thankfully everything inside was bolted down in case the gravity let out. Elly seemed to be gripping the bed tightly to remain in one place while the other genhuman was floating around, apparently now mimicking Elly's form, just again with no colour to it.

“Darian, what the hell is going on!” Elly quickly snapped, clearly distressed.

“I quite like this, it's so easy to move without that silly gravity~” The other genhuman chuckled, flapping it's wings as it sailed around the room like a fish in water.

“Just having some issues with power relays, I'll be going to fix it shortly.” He answered, quickly moving to the communications terminal in the room to converse with Alice more privately. It seemed she'd already had the forethought to relay her instructions to him though.

----> Crew are safe.
Impact source still unknown.
Solar sail still functioning.
Power not reaching main systems.
Something interfering...
Isolated issue, gravity centrifuge, primary power relay.
Manual repair required.
Still attempting scans...
Can't see inside...
Take someone with you Darian.

Darian read the message quickly, trying to decide on the quickest route to the problem. It was strange for Alice to ask him to take someone along though, but given all that had happened he supposed being cautious might be for the best. Elly wasn't really in the best shape to be moving though.

“So you can fix it right?” Elly cut into his thoughts as he turned from the terminal.

-----
Choices
-----

Should Darian take someone with him?
A: Elly.
B: The other genhuman.
C: Both of them.
D: Neither of them.

Darian may also ask questions of any of them, including Alice.

Stats

Traits:

-Ship AI