What's new

Amestris - Central City

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score
Re: Amestris - Central City

Miranda groaned, "Why is it that when something bad happens its always a State Alchemists fault?"

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Chief Spam Hunter Why Are You Making Me Do This
Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

James snorted. "In Kane's case, he was already starting to lose it, even before the fire. Add in that someone who'd taunted him as a child for his lack of talent in alchemy had just passed the tests shortly before, and it's not a good situation."

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

"They blame us because it's convenient. We're dogs of the military after all, this country hasn't really been living up to it's promises. 'Alchemists for the people' and all that. All we've really done is almost genocide a whole race." Max let out a sigh. It was almost as if he had said this numerous time before. "Become a State Alchemist, you get to slaughter all the people you want! Yeah, thats not really an attractive selling point for the majority of people."

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Miranda sighed, and then nodded. "Understandable I suppose, but still..." she shook her head.

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

James shrugged again. "Well, like I'd said, it was a cooking accident. Kane was the only one who even thought it could have been alchemists. Everyone else who looked at the situation knew it was just someone was trying to cook who probably shouldn't have been."

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Miranda eyes James for a moment, "I see. So, according to reports he went unhinged shortly before that?"

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

"Wait a moment....how do you know so much about this? Even if you only lived in the same place as him you couldn't have known this much, and where did you manage to get his notes if his house burnt down?" Whilst not accusing James of anything he was still curious as to how he knew so much.

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

James shook his head. "He'd started to crack slightly before the fire, but that was minor...No more than anyone who would get deeply involved with some manner of research appears to be."

He paused and then finished. "It was after the fire that he really lost it, and became violent."

When Max asked, James looked directly at him. "Not all of Kane's family died in the fire...Even if I don't like admitting to it. That was my older brother that was trying to kill me yesterday...Or what's left of him."

((And cue reaction shot...))

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Max's impression was that of a mangled concoction of confusion, shock, surprise and some more confusion. "He's....it's.....he's.....and the sword....Burnt house....YOUR BROTHER?" Max suddenly blurts out, he flops backwards onto a chair and sits there, mouth half open and staring at James.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Miranda, knowing this, showed no reaction, but watched Max and giggled loudly at him.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Shortly thereafter, a loud smashing sound is heard before a small alarm clock pinballs down the stairs as Sen finally comes to some level of wakefulness. A glance at the clock shows it no longer working due to a rather hefty dent in one side. Directly afterward, Sen moves down the stairs in a somewhat zombie like fashion before moving towards the kitchen to fill a glass half full of milk before pouring in coffee as well.

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Once the smash is heard, James ducks down, remaining ducked until the clock comes to a complete rest. He then straightens up, resuming his previous posture in the chair.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Jack came down after the zombie-like Sen. As he looked at the other alchemists, everyone could see that he was quite puzzled by something. "I think I've heard something about brothers and stuff... Care to elaborate?"

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

James glanced over at Jack and rather calmly stated, "Kane Metras, the crazy guy we fought yesterday...He happened to be my older brother."

After a pause, he added, "I'd changed my last name after he went completely insane, in an attempt to distance myself from him."

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Jack took a deep breath and held it for a while - it meant that he was desperately searching for something to say other than "What the f***?" or something similiar. Failing to do so, he simply let the air out.

"..."

Cynder shook his head. He glanced at the table. The comic didn't really draw his attention - the newspaper, on the other hand, quickly captured his sight. "Well, I'll be damned... First, a family reunion that nearly got us killed... Then, HE becomes the Fuhrer... We are so screwed." Jack's tone suggested that his brain went into full sarcasm mode.

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

James gestured at the newspaper as he said, "Hey, be nice. He pulled off the uniform change he'd planned."

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Jack snorted, then began to laugh. "He pulled THAT off? Dear gods... Everything's possible now, I guess... Altough I can't imagine a female officer that's going to take this well..."

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

"I don't think our Fuhrer will last much longer." she mourned, "At least, he won't last long after Lt. Hawkeye gets a hold of him." then she blinked, "Did she rise in the ranks too? She had to."

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

From the kitchen, Sen's voice echos out in a groggy mumble, Who pull wha now?

OP
ShadowWolfSBI

ShadowWolfSBI

Former Moderator
RP Moderator
Reputation score

James didn't answer, shifting back into the posture he took after he put Max's comic down. Every now and then, his eyes darted from the comic cover to the bag at his feet, but there was little other movement from him.

After a minute or so, his eyes seemed to brighten, as if an idea occurred to him that he was currently considering.

Last edited: