What's new

RPG Patreon Unknown/Hiatus RPG Maker Vore Ryona [Ankhrono]Mira Co Rescue

OP
Ankhrono

Ankhrono

Reputation score
Normally I don´t do reviews but I thought I tell you some things that I find great about the game
to appreciate your effort.
Thank you for the review! Hopefully I will be ironing out some of the difficulty/imbalance withe some of the encounters as I get further into development.
The enemies wandering around vs RNG triggers is something that I prefer not having to deal with the headache of as well during testing.

Fantastic work so far on your game, you've taken a common element of battle cut-ins and bondage and really pushed it forward.
Keep it up, looking forward to seeing more!
Thanks!

I posted a on Itch.io with some WIP examples for the Game Over Images I've been working on and the current status of development.

Caernarvon

Reputation score
Thank you for the review! Hopefully I will be ironing out some of the difficulty/imbalance withe some of the encounters as I get further into development.
The enemies wandering around vs RNG triggers is something that I prefer not having to deal with the headache of as well during testing.

Thanks!

I posted a on Itch.io with some WIP examples for the Game Over Images I've been working on and the current status of development.
In regards to difficulty I think a good solution might be to have multiple choices for it. I, for example, really like more difficulty in H-games, particularly in regards to escape/struggle mechanics, but having options for easy through hard can only help I'd say.

SubSupreme

Reputation score
I feel that. I am using RNG encounters with my RPGMV game and while there are parts of the system are nice, there is too much under the hood that makes it hard to tweak. The fact that there is no minimum step number between encounters is extra annoying.

Stiltzkinator

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Trying to code around MV's built-in preferences is a rough experience. I'm eagerly looking forward to never having to use it again, personally.

That said, it does lend itself to certain things well enough, and I think this game is making fair use of it.

OP
Ankhrono

Ankhrono

Reputation score
I posted another on Itchio. TLDR, all 30 new Game Over Images are complete and I will be writing, programming, and fixing some bugs for April's release.

UnexpectedTwist

Grim Reaper
Reputation score
I always look forward to when this game gets more stuff added on. And I really like the new GO scenes. Not to spoil anything here, but would you say that some of the scenes could be precursors to enemies not yet seen or added in the game?
Also, I was wondering if there was a way in the gallery area to see what the characters say when they get caught by specific enemies? I think they have different dialogue if they lose all their HP as well? Anyway, can't wait to see what new stuff will come in the future.

OP
Ankhrono

Ankhrono

Reputation score
I always look forward to when this game gets more stuff added on. And I really like the new GO scenes. Not to spoil anything here, but would you say that some of the scenes could be precursors to enemies not yet seen or added in the game?
Also, I was wondering if there was a way in the gallery area to see what the characters say when they get caught by specific enemies? I think they have different dialogue if they lose all their HP as well? Anyway, can't wait to see what new stuff will come in the future.
Depending on what scenes you may be referring to there is at least one reference to something in the future.
For the gallery, the battle sprites could have an option added to show the in battle text at the top similar to battle in addition to just showing the images for those who might not want the clutter.
Thanks for the post!

OP
Ankhrono

Ankhrono

Reputation score
Posting Updates on the blog post on for the Roadmap to 0.5.0 in addition to artwork being posted to the . I'm not sure if I will constantly be posting updates in the forum post to avoid spamming it as I updated twice today while working on art assets during

Teratore

Reputation score
I really enjoy your game, especially with how rare it is nowadays with a vore\bondage theme games, and more of boring vanilla sex ones... Now to feedback:

I noticed that sometimes in battles when enemy uses peril skills i get "Nude peril" status even thought girl wasnt naked when it was cast on her, and sometimes when saving them from "Naked peril" state they get their clothes back. (Its often happens with aoe peril skills)

For battles i recommend adding elements, and weaknesess to enemies. Like Selena have fire and ice bullets, so for example fire will deal more damage to mumies, plants etc, and ice deal more damage to mud plants and slime type enemies. Same can be done with Mira having drill attacks with her cloth and standart slam wich will have thrust and crush types attacks. Not sure about Hemmy since bow is a bow, maybe she can summon different types of weapons?... Its a bit more work to do but im sure it'll help making battles a bit more interesting than just spamming all AOE skills you have agains several enemies and strongest skills agains solo enemy.

Seeing how you gonna add non vore enemy (Bandits) it would be fun to have after loss escape gameplay. Bound girls trying to run away, it will spice up same old "lose get raped\vored\sold" game overs. Because it gets rather repetive if all enemies behave the same with only difference in batler and game over pics. (But maybe im just too spoiled by Ahriman's and marimo's games...)

OP
Ankhrono

Ankhrono

Reputation score
I really enjoy your game, especially with how rare it is nowadays with a vore\bondage theme games, and more of boring vanilla sex ones... Now to feedback:

I noticed that sometimes in battles when enemy uses peril skills i get "Nude peril" status even thought girl wasnt naked when it was cast on her[...]

For battles i recommend adding elements, and weaknesses to enemies.[...]

Seeing how you gonna add non vore enemy (Bandits) it would be fun to have after loss escape gameplay. Bound girls trying to run away, it will spice up same old "lose get raped\vored\sold" game overs. Because it gets rather repetitive if all enemies behave the same with only difference in battler and game over pics. (But maybe im just too spoiled by Ahriman's and marimo's games...)
Hello! Thanks so much for the detailed feedback and suggestions!

I'll look into the nude peril states with the AOE skills as they were probably not tested a whole bunch and might have some script issues with what states they are able to apply (In the event normal fails but naked succeeds when it shouldn't).

The suggestions for adding elements and weaknesses to enemies is something that I should probably do to balance out combat a bit more but I've been putting it off since there are a lot of WIP items in flight but we are reaching a more stable state with more completed areas than not.

Finally, the suggestion to have loss escape gameplay. This is the interesting one as I've given it some consideration in the past and have plans for in other areas (One was hinted towards in a game over) but the Desert Bandits may be a good soft test on getting some of the mechanics in place. Ahriman and Marimo's games are a pretty big inspiration for this game among others but I worry a bit about pacing. So far the combat has been established as "You Lose, Game Over, ability to retry battle instantly" loop. If I were to add a playable Game Over sequence, or escape segment, I wonder if people would want the choice of 'skipping' it and retrying the battle per usual, or have it play out with the potential ability to escape which would bring you back to the 'start' of whatever area you were in. This topic could easily start a discussion as the current rough draft of this type of scenario is as follows (This is in early planning stages and is subject to change):
1. Lose battle against specific enemies (Example will be Desert Bandits)
2. A Game Over sequence will play out (Potentially shorter, but sets up what situation the party is in now. This is where I am unsure if I would give players the option to not do the longer sequence if they are not interested or just dump them in it with an easy 'out' such as locating Hemmy and talking to her about 'getting out of this situation' which would reset time sending them to the entrance of the Desert Zone)
3. Players would control a captured Mira who has the ability to wander a small map where they are being 'trained' by the bandits. Interacting with certain areas would cause short scenes to play for party members. Getting 'caught' again would play Mira's events. (This is what I believe you are referring to for Ahriman/Marimo's escape sequences).
4a. Players can find a way to rescue the party and escape on their own accord vs resetting time.
4b. Players fail enough times (3?) to escape with Mira and it results in a Game Over per usual Game Overs sequences.

An option would be to only offer the skip option if you've been to this area before and escaped or otherwise. All scenes would unlock for the characters if you escape in the gallery to avoid forcing players to lose to see content, though it may require the actual escape vs time reset.

Teratore

Reputation score
I forgot to mention one more thing, enemies often use "Remove clothes" skills on girls when they in "Non naked peril" state, and that does nothing, is it supposed to be like this?

Adding elements imo is better done early in development because the more new enemies will be added the more tweaking later on will be needed if elements to be added later in game.

About escape sequence:
You can add item when you captured (like the one for gallery) that will skip this for those who is not interested in it(or after escaping once\finishing area) or add a promt after the scence of defeat "Procceed to captured event" or "retry" battle. What i meant about ahriman\marimo GO is that the game doesnt just end after defeat and scene, but instead you get to take part in what happend after it, and maybe turn it to better or sometimes to worse. It doesnt even need to lead to a escape or something it can be a continuation of defeat event (Like it was in Fran and sinner's island where you get to see a lot more than just one CG after game over)

OP
Ankhrono

Ankhrono

Reputation score
I forgot to mention one more thing, enemies often use "Remove clothes" skills on girls when they in "Non naked peril" state, and that does nothing, is it supposed to be like this?

Adding elements imo is better done early in development because the more new enemies will be added the more tweaking later on will be needed if elements to be added later in game.

About escape sequence:
You can add item when you captured (like the one for gallery) that will skip this for those who is not interested in it(or after escaping once\finishing area) or add a promt after the scence of defeat "Procceed to captured event" or "retry" battle. What i meant about ahriman\marimo GO is that the game doesnt just end after defeat and scene, but instead you get to take part in what happend after it, and maybe turn it to better or sometimes to worse. It doesnt even need to lead to a escape or something it can be a continuation of defeat event (Like it was in Fran and sinner's island where you get to see a lot more than just one CG after game over)
Ah, with the way targeting works in MV the enemies will use the strip skills on already naked party members. I think it should do a little bit of damage when used but other than that, nothing happens.

True, there is already a decent log of things to do with the battle system that I should probably address sooner than later.

Seems like a good compromise. If we're talking Marimo's latest game with Ouka, you mean on how you can 'lose' and continue playing; however, it starts locking you into certain ending paths depending on if you continue to lose/win/both. Unless this sort of thing is built in from the start it might get tricky or even spaghetti coded in which could lead to all sorts of interesting issues. A smaller scale version of this programming wise would have certain variables flagged during these losses that could trigger various events later on/variations to scenes. There is one example of this very early on that I don't know if anyone even noticed.

Damoriva

Cthulhu
Reputation score
Well if you have the time to spare and experiment, why not try it with the next new area and see how people respond? Not necessarily with the bandits if you're already half done with them, but whatever you have planned after them.

spame

Reputation score
...losses that could trigger various events later on/variations to scenes. There is one example of this very early on that I don't know if anyone even noticed.
I have another playthrough planned for the 0.5.0 release. Any chance you could be a little more specific with this hint?

OP
Ankhrono

Ankhrono

Reputation score
I have another playthrough planned for the 0.5.0 release. Any chance you could be a little more specific with this hint?
If you lose at all in the forest path and trigger any game over(s), Hemmy will mention how you've already been using the Ankhrono to reset time. If you don't, she'll mention that you haven't used it yet. Later, there is a book hidden in the bottom left bookshelf in Somewhere Between Time and Space which is accessed from the Key Item Ankhrono Replica, the same place you go to view the gallery.

spame

Reputation score
I do remember getting that during my first playthrough. I had forgotten because the part of my brain making memories at the time was focused on different parts of the game (and kept quite busy at it).
On that note this game has my favorite art out of anything I've found on ulmf. The lines have a soft quality that works better for the subject than the sharp lines of anime and the tone of the game is comical rather than horrific as is so common with the stuff from Japan. Bonus points for having three different characters with unique body shapes that are all hot.

laek

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I've already posted on the itch.io page my main opinions on the game so I won't repeat them here, tough one thing I didn't mention was how much I enjoyed the game over scenes and how they mostly depict the main characters being transformed/corrupted and then they themselves go hunt the maids or other girls (specially the one where they transform into moth girls). I'll be looking forward to more of those.

For the gameplay, is there any way to repair the girls clothes within a battle? I figured that since Mira has cloth magic I thought that she would have a skill that reconstructs them, but her patchworks skills is only a simple heal. It would be nice to have either an item (since there's already an item that removes the clothes) or a skill that repairs them, although I dunno how that would behave for the mandatory naked fights like the snake and the spider cave. Perhaps an item that grants immunity to cloth removal too?

OP
Ankhrono

Ankhrono

Reputation score
Edit2: Bug Fix/Content Update 0.4.1b is up. Adds alternative sprites to the Rattlesnake Lamia's Naked sprites so there is no transparency/X-ray. The Mudroot's Normal sprites also have the same non transparency alternatives added as well. They are viewable in the gallery.
Edit: Bug Fix 0.4.1a is up. If you were seeing the Winter Solstice Enemy Sprites when characters hit 0HP against the Rattlesnake Lamia, download the latest build!

New WIP Build 0.4.1 now available on

Read more about it

I[...]one thing I didn't mention was how much I enjoyed the game over scenes and how they mostly depict the main characters being transformed/corrupted and then they themselves go hunt the maids or other girls (specially the one where they transform into moth girls). I'll be looking forward to more of those.

For the gameplay, is there any way to repair the girls clothes within a battle? [...]
[...]Perhaps an item that grants immunity to cloth removal too?
Thanks! The game is a fun way to incorporate all sorts of perils for the main characters to go through and them joining in on the fun post game over is always fun to depict.

The recent build added a new skill for Mira, Clothing Restoration, that allows you to cure the naked status. It is programmed to be disabled during the Snake battle and the Spider Girl Cave though to avoid confusion trying to cast it and nothing happens. I may add an armor or something to spend money on to allow immunity to being naked (when it is applicable) but the skill will suffice for now I hope.

Last edited:
OP
Ankhrono

Ankhrono

Reputation score
: TLDR, Making steady progress on the creation of 58 new CG items across Game Overs and Side Events.