What's new

RPG RPG Maker [アスガル騎士団] シェーラと三種の神器 / Shera and The Three Treasures (RJ227553)

Jackytheman

Lurker
Reputation score
The game instructs me to press W to change direction, but the key doesn't appear to work. Anyone got a workaround or solution?

Ghotty

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I mean, a solid 95% of english players just pirate it so i can understand the hatred lol

Umero

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
You want me to believe the creator put a save there to get rid of the quiz which only exists to fuck the english players?

Nice try...
This isn't a new thing at all. There have been plenty of devs that would block main story progress with doors that required hiragana entry, convert hiragana to numbers, or ask you to solve random riddles during the game to continue progress. One dev even made us guess Japanese idioms/famous phrases, which was probably the cruelest thing I've seen so far.

Edit: I also just remembered that the dev went out of his way to translate the anti-piracy message at the game startup into Korean, English, and German. He even typed the code entry key in hiragana and katakana instead of just typing F8 like he typed F12 at the bottom. You can't tell me this wasn't intentional.

Last edited:

Cupio

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
I mean, a solid 95% of english players just pirate it so i can understand the hatred lol
Lol, I know. All these people pirating and then when the developers presumably put something in to discourage the pirating, these people whine and cry about how the developers are racist and and how these pirates are the poor, poor victims. God people are such self-centered spoiled pricks.

Umero

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
Lol, I know. All these people pirating and then when the developers presumably put something in to discourage the pirating, these people whine and cry about how the developers are racist and and how these pirates are the poor, poor victims. God people are such self-centered spoiled pricks.
No clue where you're getting your stats from but it's not a mechanism that targets piracy, DRM is the system DLsite already has for that, it's a mechanism that targets players that don't speak Japanese, otherwise known as gaijin (foreigners). No one said the dev is racist, but that you clearly cannot deny that the dev put this in place to punish non Japanese speaking players, pirates and non pirates alike.

Gruuben

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Seems like you need to type it into the box, I tried to paste the kanji in and the hiragana just changes to another word. Rip.

Morkor

Demon Girl
Reputation score
What does that save he released that removes the mini game actually do then? does it break the game Earthbound style?

SirMalo

Cthulhu
Reputation score
This isn't a new thing at all. There have been plenty of devs that would block main story progress with doors that required hiragana entry, convert hiragana to numbers, or ask you to solve random riddles during the game to continue progress. One dev even made us guess Japanese idioms/famous phrases, which was probably the cruelest thing I've seen so far.

Edit: I also just remembered that the dev went out of his way to translate the anti-piracy message at the game startup into Korean, English, and German. He even typed the code entry key in hiragana and katakana instead of just typing F8 like he typed F12 at the bottom. You can't tell me this wasn't intentional.
The best thing is this creator uploaded fake versions of his previous games and were fishing for reactions. That fake save provided by the same person is so obvious, holy hell. :D

JustLurksHere

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Seems like you need to type it into the box, I tried to paste the kanji in and the hiragana just changes to another word. Rip.
I don't see what the problem is - besides a bit of a guesswork at the very end.
Though perhaps you've misunderstood a thing - three correct entries are required (not sure if three-in-a-row, but the counter is reduced upon an incorrect entry, so it might be the case).
AFAIK, on any standard Win7 installation, if you can set the locale to Japanese, you can just as well add the input method for Japanese.
That quiz already tells you the 'spelling' (the hiragana string with the reading), only bit of guesswork is which of the conversion candidates is the proper one and even that can be checked in the script.
The script though is an ugly little thing - written in a way that only just works.

easy85

Reputation score
Nice assumptions.
DLsite has its verification system which pretty much shuts down all uploaders because nobody bothers to make a crack/bypass but the dev didn't use it. Also, he bothered to put some info in english on japanese dlsite:
(Use japanese word mini game don't read Japanese cannot play this game)
and he has history of making it "difficult" for english players. What about those who purchased it instead pirating it?

So is it really an anti-piracy solution or does he really have something against foreigners? One thing is sure - his actions bring the opposite effect because potential english customers won't buy it and the game gets pirated anyway.

lightxanxer

Reputation score
Nice assumptions.
DLsite has its verification system which pretty much shuts down all uploaders because nobody bothers to make a crack/bypass but the dev didn't use it. Also, he bothered to put some info in english on japanese dlsite:

and he has history of making it "difficult" for english players. What about those who purchased it instead pirating it?

So is it really an anti-piracy solution or does he really have something against foreigners? One thing is sure - his actions bring the opposite effect because potential english customers won't buy it and the game gets pirated anyway.
I agree ,beacuse i bought this game...

so..maybe i won't buy next game of this dev because i'm afraid of gajin anti wall

Gruuben

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I don't see what the problem is - besides a bit of a guesswork at the very end.
Though perhaps you've misunderstood a thing - three correct entries are required (not sure if three-in-a-row, but the counter is reduced upon an incorrect entry, so it might be the case).
AFAIK, on any standard Win7 installation, if you can set the locale to Japanese, you can just as well add the input method for Japanese.
That quiz already tells you the 'spelling' (the hiragana string with the reading), only bit of guesswork is which of the conversion candidates is the proper one and even that can be checked in the script.
The script though is an ugly little thing - written in a way that only just works.
Well my japanese is basically nonexistent so I had to look up a hiragana chart to pick out each character then paste the thing into google to find the kanji. Not sure how I'd go about typing it out, but it was just disheartening to see the hiragana change when I tried pasting it in, after all that effort finding the kanji for the first one.

And no, the hiragana changes every time I tried pasting. Try spamming ctrl-v in the box and you'll see.

Guess I'll try fiddle around with the input options

Morkor

Demon Girl
Reputation score
If you brought the game and cannot get past the "mini game" and don't want to install the bypass then you can just email a screenshot showing you brought the game to the developer and they should help you out. Their email is in the readme I believe.

Its a big inconvenience but its better than wasting hours of your life looking up kanji.