What's new

RPG RPG Maker [Azurezero] Damsel Quest 3 (RE196208)

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: Damsel Quest 3 (Released for 10usd on itch.io)

300 sales and i still don't know what to do as an omake

swpkmn

Demon Girl
Reputation score

300 sales and i still don't know what to do as an omake
You do have several loose ends in the game:
  • A hidden ladder in the Claw base that does not function.
  • A falling vase that leaves a sparkling spot you cannot get to.
  • A gold lamp you can buy that does nothing.
  • A bounty hunting capture net system that only is utilized once.
  • A book in the Restricted section of the library you can't read.
  • A disinterested smuggler in the Black Market blocking a passage that never moves.
  • One last empty room on the second floor of the inn.
You probably could tie some of that together for one last scene.

I don't know if that's what you meant, but I thought I'd make the suggestion.

Also, for the orb puzzles, as long as this wasn't already changed, if you save in the room with an orb puzzle, the puzzle will stay the same, so you can bypass the attempt limit that way.

Last edited:
OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

You do have several loose ends in the game:
  • A hidden ladder in the Claw base that does not function.
    added a bonus scene there
  • A falling vase that leaves a sparkling spot you cannot get to.
    Leaving that as troll, was never good at thinking up proper rewards.
  • A gold lamp you can buy that does nothing.
    possible bonus boss material... will consider if i have any decent ideas
  • A bounty hunting capture net system that only is utilized once
    Would be nice to do more with it... but I can't think of any good quests right now. though i did add a bonus where you can capture some more enemies... would be fun if you got bonuses for capturing the female bosses
  • A book in the Restricted section of the library you can't read.
    Got rid of
  • A disinterested smuggler in the Black Market blocking a passage that never moves.
    He's there to show how the black market get their goods in and out of the city. And he doesnt move in route 1 because he's asexual
  • One last empty room on the second floor of the inn.
You probably could tie some of that together for one last scene.

I don't know if that's what you meant, but I thought I'd make the suggestion.

Also, for the orb puzzles, as long as this wasn't already changed, if you save in the room with an orb puzzle, the puzzle will stay the same, so you can bypass the attempt limit that way.
I'm okay with cheating

I haven't updated yet... I want to see if i can add more first.

these aren't really what i meant though, i mean like a nice picture thanking for the sales. just hadnt come up with any good ideas for it

Last edited:

ilmncsm

Demon Girl
Reputation score

An idea for a "thank you for your patronage" omake: Ren, possibly with Emi and Kiri as well, naked in stocks covered in cum, getting fucked with a line of guys waiting behind the one doing the fucking. Then you either have a sign saying "over 300 served" or some bunny girl type hostess saying "Now serving number 301!"

... I'm rather surprised I came up with that off the top of my head, but I guess it comes from seeing a few thank you omake's like that before.

Edit: also an idea for the lamp would be to find out that there is a genie inside, and there is some magical thing needed to compel him/her/both to come out. Ren takes a shortcut in trying to get him/her/both out, and they do come out, but annoyed at being interrupted in what they were doing instead of ready to grant a wish. Cue boss fight with possible bonus game over scene as if you lose you are forced to serve the genie, likely sexually when they are not being summoned, and when the genie is summoned, and someone wishes for their own personal slave girls, the genie sends out Ren Emi and Kiri to get fucked.

Also I just realized that in leaving the genies gender ambiguous, because it could work either way, I left "both" open to multiple interpretations. One being that the genie is a futanari, which is what I was originally thinking, but the other possibility is that both indicates two genies, a male and female, who you likely just interrupted in the middle of sex. That would be an amusing reason for the genies to take revenge sexually.

Last edited:
OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

An idea for a "thank you for your patronage" omake: Ren, possibly with Emi and Kiri as well, naked in stocks covered in cum, getting fucked with a line of guys waiting behind the one doing the fucking. Then you either have a sign saying "over 300 served" or some bunny girl type hostess saying "Now serving number 301!"

... I'm rather surprised I came up with that off the top of my head, but I guess it comes from seeing a few thank you omake's like that before.
no need for surprise, that was one of my ideas too, but just with ren cause i have trouble when drawing more characters

Edit: also an idea for the lamp would be to find out that there is a genie inside, and there is some magical thing needed to compel him/her/both to come out. Ren takes a shortcut in trying to get him/her/both out, and they do come out, but annoyed at being interrupted in what they were doing instead of ready to grant a wish. Cue boss fight with possible bonus game over scene as if you lose you are forced to serve the genie, likely sexually when they are not being summoned, and when the genie is summoned, and someone wishes for their own personal slave girls, the genie sends out Ren Emi and Kiri to get fucked.

Also I just realized that in leaving the genies gender ambiguous, because it could work either way, I left "both" open to multiple interpretations. One being that the genie is a futanari, which is what I was originally thinking, but the other possibility is that both indicates two genies, a male and female, who you likely just interrupted in the middle of sex. That would be an amusing reason for the genies to take revenge sexually.
I just imagined it being like diablos originally

ilmncsm

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Was flipping through my skill descriptions and noticed an amusing typo on Emi's No Shadow Kick skill. It says "Deal defense ignoring damage to all enemies. Skill triggers quicker than usual."

Now I can understand the skill fine, because presumably it means that it deals true damage ignoring defense. But as read it means that you are quickly increasing the defense of all enemies regardless of how damaged they are.

Just something you could quickly fix in the next update. Speaking of which, has any progress been made on the next update or the omake? Inquiring minds wish to know.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Was flipping through my skill descriptions and noticed an amusing typo on Emi's No Shadow Kick skill. It says "Deal defense ignoring damage to all enemies. Skill triggers quicker than usual."

Now I can understand the skill fine, because presumably it means that it deals true damage ignoring defense. But as read it means that you are quickly increasing the defense of all enemies regardless of how damaged they are.
This was one of the base skills. and I don't get how it can be misread.
and the formula is users atk * 5, most skills take into account defense. are you misreading ignoring as increasing?

Just something you could quickly fix in the next update. Speaking of which, has any progress been made on the next update or the omake? Inquiring minds wish to know.
I've only made a small amount of progress... and I havent drawn any new content for it. I'm still just mulling it over, while i try to get the new demo for yuki's tale done

though my patrons do seem to want more content for it.

ilmncsm

Demon Girl
Reputation score

"Deal defence ignoring damage"

The words defence and damaged should be switched, because as written it means you are dealing defence instead of dealing damage.

I went back and double checked, and that is as it is written. You've probably just read it so many times that you naturally put the words where you expect them to be in your head. Either that or you fixed it in the 1.05 update, because I'm still using 1.04

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

"Deal defence ignoring damage"

The words defence and damaged should be switched, because as written it means you are dealing defence instead of dealing damage.

I went back and double checked, and that is as it is written. You've probably just read it so many times that you naturally put the words where you expect them to be in your head. Either that or you fixed it in the 1.05 update, because I'm still using 1.04
Defence-Ignoring

you can't deal defense.

ilmncsm

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Defence-Ignoring

you can't deal defense.
I know you can't deal defense. My point was that the current description says "deal defense ignoring damage", and that if you switch them around to read "Deal damage ignoring defense" it would make more sense.

ilmncsm

Demon Girl
Reputation score

The slimegirl used more than the capture skill this time, but the loss scene still didn't work right. Based on the code screenshot, it seems like things are going wrong at the line that says "Show Picture". Does this scene play out correctly for anyone else?
This. I just realized that I hadn't actually done the slimegirl quest, I picked it up and then was distracted by something shiny and never actually completed it. So I went back to do it, wanting to see the scene that didn't make it into the demo, and ... Nothing! She exclaims happily about having three beautiful girls to play with, there is a kissing noise, and it looks like the screen might be starting to do something else, but it gets covered up by a standard game over screen and music, and nothing else happens. You just get sent back to the main menu.

Also, something I noticed yesterday but forgot to report is that if you are in the hot springs when the oni are ransacking the place looking for you, and you deliberately get caught in the starting room wanting to see what it's like to fight them, then losing doesn't actually do anything to you, and instead fully heals you. It looks like he tries to do something, in that after you loose he says "Heh Heh! Take this!" and throws pink powder everywhere, but the powder seems to heal you, because he just engages you in combat again, and you are back to full health, no actual sex scenes or game overs.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

This. I just realized that I hadn't actually done the slimegirl quest, I picked it up and then was distracted by something shiny and never actually completed it. So I went back to do it, wanting to see the scene that didn't make it into the demo, and ... Nothing! She exclaims happily about having three beautiful girls to play with, there is a kissing noise, and it looks like the screen might be starting to do something else, but it gets covered up by a standard game over screen and music, and nothing else happens. You just get sent back to the main menu.

Also, something I noticed yesterday but forgot to report is that if you are in the hot springs when the oni are ransacking the place looking for you, and you deliberately get caught in the starting room wanting to see what it's like to fight them, then losing doesn't actually do anything to you, and instead fully heals you. It looks like he tries to do something, in that after you loose he says "Heh Heh! Take this!" and throws pink powder everywhere, but the powder seems to heal you, because he just engages you in combat again, and you are back to full health, no actual sex scenes or game overs.
that one doesnt make sense... he shouldnt be able to interrupt the game over like that. and never has done when i did it, all the battle tabs are the same the fact hes doing the pink powder means the game over is triggering, and the full heal is just that it's easier to prevent the autogame over if i just hit recover all

Last edited:

ilmncsm

Demon Girl
Reputation score

that one doesnt make sense... he shouldnt be able to interrupt the game over like that. and never has done when i did it, all the battle tabs are the same the fact hes doing the pink powder means the game over is triggering
It's only for the section where you see him ransacking your room. The game over triggers fine for me once he starts chasing me down, but for that first room if you deliberately attract his attention and lose it doesn't work. Not sure what else to tell you.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

It's only for the section where you see him ransacking your room. The game over triggers fine for me once he starts chasing me down, but for that first room if you deliberately attract his attention and lose it doesn't work. Not sure what else to tell you.
I've tried adding some stopgap measures but i dont have a save there to test anymore

swpkmn

Demon Girl
Reputation score

I've tried adding some stopgap measures but i dont have a save there to test anymore
I have a save in that area. I will attach it to this post.

Attachments

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I have a save in that area. I will attach it to this post.
THANKS!

God that was an annoying bug to fix... the only think i can think is that the new tab was interrupting the first one... had to make a new tab for the oni with a GAME OVER switch with the highest priority then have a different one call the game over...and even then it threatened to play twice...im sure it would have if the return to title hadnt been there... (the girls get doused with pink powder twice) uplloading new version to itch.io now

UPLOADED

ilmncsm

Demon Girl
Reputation score

Glad things worked out and it was something fixable. Think there's any chance you can find up what's wrong with my save at the slime girl quest? I've attached the save just before the slime girl fight if it will help. From reading the previous conversation about it, only one other person has run into the issue at all, so I'm not too hopeful, but hey, may as well try, right?

Attachments

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Glad things worked out and it was something fixable. Think there's any chance you can find up what's wrong with my save at the slime girl quest? I've attached the save just before the slime girl fight if it will help. From reading the previous conversation about it, only one other person has run into the issue at all, so I'm not too hopeful, but hey, may as well try, right?
loading your save i correctly got the game over. It really is a small scene.
and since i got the game over, you should be able to just dowload the latest version and use that and it should work.

mellofellow

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

A question when the characters get in the bondage gear, say they "lost" to some slavers. How do you change their gear back the normal armors?

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

A question when the characters get in the bondage gear, say they "lost" to some slavers. How do you change their gear back the normal armors?
visit darkness...I mean...visit aya in the inn.