What's new

RPG [azurezero] SD Quest

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Re: SD Quest -chibi hentai rpg (NOW ON SALE FOR 8usd on itch.io)

Ok, got past it, finally.

Found something, though. The save point on the next floor, the towels provide a weird sort of stairs into the wall, so walking on the wall is possible. Not sure if is leads to anywhere, i will try but .....
Nah, i could never think of an easter egg to add for that lol... its easy to fix though...i just havent for reasons beyond me

Ayra

Mystic Girl
Reputation score

I was mostly interested in Princess Ren but since I also got a copy of SD Quest from the package I figured I might as well play it despite having no love for SD in general. Despite preferring the art style in Princess Ren, I enjoyed SD Quest more. Comments time!

Positives:
- The two characters format added a lot to the game. Their interactions were pretty fun, and yay yuri! It also gives some flexibility to the combat system.

- Comedy was actually pretty good and present throughout the entire game. Kudos!

- The two illusionist battles were great. They are both puzzle-y with some variations and tricks and were really fun. It's the highlight of the game from a gameplay perspective in my opinion.

- As usual, it's appreciated that the gallery is unlocked and complete upon finishing the game. No need to intentionally lose to view the scenes.

- Puzzles were nice.

- You have a nice skill selection even from the start of the game, including a bondage skill that actually shows up on a few enemies.

Negatives:
- The first area (before the first boss) has a variety of enemies that keep you on your toes. You have to be careful about the status of your clothes, various status effects, spells, enemies that can be bound and those that are not... And then the second area has only mages that are basically neutralized by silence skill. And after... there's no enemies remaining for the rest of the game, just 4 bosses. It felt that the game ended before I could actually make use of the tools I got.

- Enemy design consistency. All enemies in the game are made with your art, except for the slimes (who don't really clash) and two male regular human enemy types. They REALLY clash visually compared to everything else, especially since all the other enemies are made in an SD style. Also, your battles have the enemies on the left, and your characters on the right. Yet, those enemies are facing forward, not toward your characters (like all the other enemies) so it makes it even more jarring and gives a really lazy/unfinished feel.

- It's great that status effects are actually effective in a game... But Silence completely shuts down everything except the Dominatrix boss, and it felt like the no-brainer, perfect option in every single fight starting from the first boss onward. When you get access to it, Poison utterly destroys every remaining boss in short order. Final boss? Silence her and poison her on the first turn. Win a few turns later after losing maybe 500HP. Is she supposed to present any challenge?

- It kind of felt like half a game. When I saw "Happy ending" on my screen, I was wondering if I had missed something. 1 hour 30 minutes on my save when I had been going very leasurely. No trying to take down the slaver's place or trying to save anyone? No actual confession between the Lili and Kenzie? No real usage for Lili's Incite skill to learn new spells? Skill shop for 20000 gold spells when you aren't going to be anywhere close to that (and not sure if they'd serve any purpose)?

Basically, after the illusionist fights I was feeling like it was great. Storyline progression, great fights using some good mechanisms. The two versus two fight afterward was a non-factor (Use poison cloud once, spam silence), some puzzles, easiest final boss I've ever seen, and bam, game's done. It finished when I thought it was starting to get going. I appreciate that there's an happy ending, but I felt it came quite a bit too early.

Anyway, overall I did enjoy the game but I felt that there should have been more to it...

Random questions: Is there any use for the vibrator you can pick up? It's in the regular item inventory, but it's not usable out of fight and in fight it doesn't appear in the list. Also, is that canonically the "real" Ren or was that just a cameo of similarly named character that also happens to have wings?

Last edited:
OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

So, I bought the game the first day it came out, but never played it because I didn't have the time, which is why my review is so late.
So far the game play isn't too bad, some grinding is required but other than that it's quite fun. I like your art style but I'm not the biggest fan of the chibi art. The humor is funny and the pacing of the game is good.
I'm not able to give the game a full review because I'm not yet done it. I ran into a glitch, after the fight with the two girls and the security wall, the game froze when I entered into the sky garden (or whatever it is). The background still moves and the music still plays (see pic below).

thats been fixed, redownload it :3

Anyway, overall I did enjoy the game but I felt that there should have been more to it...

Random questions: Is there any use for the vibrator you can pick up? It's in the regular item inventory, but it's not usable out of fight and in fight it doesn't appear in the list. Also, is that canonically the "real" Ren or was that just a cameo of similarly named character that also happens to have wings?
Thanks for the great review, I appreciate it.

the dildo was just a joke (lili sneaks one after being told no) but you can grab them infinitely and they sell for like 30g or something.

and Ren was just a cameo, but it is the one from princess ren returns (might be an AU version of her).

Originally using incite to learn darkness was how the gallery was gonna be unlocked but i could never find an appropriate place for it...

You're right about a lot of that, I probably should've made the bosses immune to silence and stuff, the final boss is pretty easy even without that, the only gimmick i could come up with for mandy was to have her make your characters horny and attack each other...but that didn't feel very final boss-y...

hmmm I definitely need more yuri though... I'll see what I can do.

Last edited:

JAB

Demon Girl Pro
Reputation score

(If i knew about the infinite dildo thing)

Beat the game. I am angry at myself for the Superstar Saga black ball puzzles. Tried rolling them into each other all of once, and when it didn't work, I completely abandoned the idea that is was part of the solution. "I knew that solution was too simple"
[Spoilers] Then i picked up the idea of rolling one off the two rocks at the bottom and a ball in the top right place, but it took me 30 minutes to put ideas 1 & 2 together.[/Spoilers]

Two bugs I found, One, if for younger hypnotist, you name Kenzie Ken(bunch of random letters) The game freezes. I am not sure if it was because Ken was still in the name or if because the random selection of letters was SO perfect as to break the game, knowing my luck, probably the second.

Also, in the gallery, the Futanari thing is broken. It is named Slime Game Over and it doesn't teleport you back to the Gallery after, AND Lili is absent from the recollection of the event almost entirely. Except for the CG, she isn't in the room, and she isn't there to say her line, and when you move Kenzie after, Lili is gone, not even in the Menu.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

(If i knew about the infinite dildo thing)

Beat the game. I am angry at myself for the Superstar Saga black ball puzzles. Tried rolling them into each other all of once, and when it didn't work, I completely abandoned the idea that is was part of the solution. "I knew that solution was too simple"
[Spoilers] Then i picked up the idea of rolling one off the two rocks at the bottom and a ball in the top right place, but it took me 30 minutes to put ideas 1 & 2 together.[/Spoilers]

Two bugs I found, One, if for younger hypnotist, you name Kenzie Ken(bunch of random letters) The game freezes. I am not sure if it was because Ken was still in the name or if because the random selection of letters was SO perfect as to break the game, knowing my luck, probably the second.

Also, in the gallery, the Futanari thing is broken. It is named Slime Game Over and it doesn't teleport you back to the Gallery after, AND Lili is absent from the recollection of the event almost entirely. Except for the CG, she isn't in the room, and she isn't there to say her line, and when you move Kenzie after, Lili is gone, not even in the Menu.
the game freeze is the same one a few people have been getting, if i fix one another pops up, like for some people it crashes on shifujo and others it crashes when they put kenzie, and for me it doesnt crash at all so it's hard to figure it out (though it's a strange sort of stack overflow error with no online solutions) changing the script order fixed it for the original person who reported it but it still crashes on the loss scene instead...it bugs the crap out of me cause i spent ages tweaking those events (like at my end the game crashes when kenzie or lili uses the futa masturbate skill, so i had to make an enemy use a skill on kenzie that emulates her masturbating)

I'll take a look at the gallery though

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

DAMN...i missed the 2nd coming of 69 sales (using the dlsite total instead of the total total)

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

bundled all my rpgs

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

bundled all my rpgs

I hadn't even realised this sale had ended, just made it live for another year (now ends january 1st 2018)

hmmmmm I wonder when I'm gonna finish another actual game... my small wrestling game is only gonna take a few weeks but that's just a minigame.
i'd hope to get the base game for damsel quest 3 made for july, but i don't think that's likely since I'm not even at the midgame yet and those quests are fairly big, definitely needing a month each for those

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Small announcement, i got curious and checked my past sales reports.
turns out i've met the minimum 100usd payout for 2 years now, that feels like a real acchievement.

posted it here because this month SD quest had the most sales on there (7)
witch dungeon lab's in second with 5 sales

japanese dlsite continues to have smaller sales than dlsite eng.

I'm kinda happy.

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score

After a year, a new bug has been found in sd quest.
someone made it to the second floor without getting a magic water from the futas and was stuck there.

the itch.io version has both a chest with one in if you dont have one, and now water mages drop them (they no longer drop magic ups, so no grinding that stat for lili anymore)

jalapenopants

Reputation score
i remember getting into the mens bath thing and fighting the hypno guy. but i dotn remeber how to. hey azu can you help me with my perdickamint

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score
be sure to avoid using your real name, but beyond that i dont remember

El Fuerte

Sex Demon
Reputation score
Question Please! I found a bug that leaded to me having to restart the Game: After beating the Sadist Bitch and enjoying the Relaxation Place i went back to claim the treasures (the ones behind a Water door)
But I lost to the Futanari Girls! Normally this would lead to both Girls getting raped in the tiny room they end up in and the continue from there! But this Time only the Tsundere Protagonist ends up there! Lili disappears and without her I can´t go anywere . . . Unfortunatelly I saved while searching her sooo . . . Now I need to reset everything again . . . Yay? ^^*

Just wanted to report the Bug . . . and maybe just maybe ask for someone very friendly to drop an Save File of the Relaxing Area? Or at least close to it? Any Save File would be nice . . . but I won´t complain if I don´t get any! It will be a bother but at least the Games fun! ^^*

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score
if you upload your save i can fix it for you

i dont really understand how you left the area without lili since shes supposed to get added back regardless... unless you somehow left the area without rescuing her

Last edited:

El Fuerte

Sex Demon
Reputation score
if you upload your save i can fix it for you

i dont really understand how you left the area without lili since shes supposed to get added back regardless... unless you somehow left the area without rescuing her
No, no! Not the Area with the Sadist Boss! The Area with the Futanari´s and the Rape Tree (and the Witch)
You know, the place where Lili said: Well, this wasn´t too bad! That´s where I went and where I end up after loosing to the Futanari´s . . . Without Lili this time tho . . . ^^*

Attachments

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score
No, no! Not the Area with the Sadist Boss! The Area with the Futanari´s and the Rape Tree (and the Witch)
You know, the place where Lili said: Well, this wasn´t too bad! That´s where I went and where I end up after loosing to the Futanari´s . . . Without Lili this time tho . . . ^^*
guess im uploading a new version soon.

Attachments

El Fuerte

Sex Demon
Reputation score
guess im uploading a new version soon.
Did you find the bug? = o
oh yeah, I just remembered: If on Equipment you Optimize Lili she always looses 30 Mana . . . dunno why
And when the Hypnotist calls oppon your name the Game crashes . . . ^^*

Yay! Thanks a million! ^.^

Ps: Don´t worry I already forgive you for being rude to me the other day! ; P

Last edited:
OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Did you find the bug? = o
oh yeah, I just remembered: If on Equipment you Optimize Lili she always looses 30 Mana . . . dunno why
And when the Hypnotist calls oppon your name the Game crashes . . . ^^*

Yay! Thanks a million! ^.^

Ps: Don´t worry I already forgive you for being rude to me the other day! ; P
she loses mana because optimise unqeuips a thing that raises it, so it gets culled

and that crash is always a bitch, and every attempt to avoid it causes a different one.
oddly enough though they never occur on saves im using, only on ones given to me

El Fuerte

Sex Demon
Reputation score
she loses mana because optimise unqeuips a thing that raises it, so it gets culled

and that crash is always a bitch, and every attempt to avoid it causes a different one.
oddly enough though they never occur on saves im using, only on ones given to me

Ähh . . . sooo how should I ever get this Bad End then? ^^*

OP
azurezero

azurezero

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Ähh . . . sooo how should I ever get this Bad End then? ^^*
haven't the foggiest tbh... have you tried both versions of the game? the two had crashes in different places in the boss fight but neither naturally occur on my machine...