Not open for further replies.
OP
Sinfulwolf

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Chapter 1: Fort Barthone

Alysha was in full right to execute a man no one would miss. As Deagan ranted his piece she simply stood in place and let him spew forth his insolence. Even as the Drow spoke, and then Rohn stepped in, she said nothing.

Finally, Alysha shook her head.

"Deagan. The man has broken the laws of Celthor, he was drunk on duty and abandoning his post. The penalty for this in the legions is death. His behaviour was more hindrance to our survival than an aid. Also know, that you arguing against my authority is not helping our cause either. One more word, and you'll be in the dungeons. Our food is running low, and the more willing and able men I can kept fed and strong, the more likely that someone will get out of this alive. Do know mercenary, that the lives of my soldiers are very important to me, and if you continue to threaten their survival with your usurpers tongue, I will cut it out," Alysha said simply, and with that turned and walked away from the two without any other words.

Guards on the walls made a point to look away from the conflict.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

As the commander walked away, Kemili gave a loud sigh of flustration. "It's people that that who makes me wonder if I shoulda been a priestess instead..." she mutters to herself.

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Lady Sharyn watched the whole ordeal with a look of utter indifference. A drunkard dead, a mercenary about to get locked up. Every single one of them far beneath her status, like bugs fit only to be stepped on. Whether one of the bugs is wearing a slave-collar or not doesn't matter to her. However. . .
"Instead of moping over the death of a worthless soldier somebody should man his post," the knight spoke up, her helmet/veil jammed under her arm. The free hand is resting, seemingly accidentally, on the hilt of her dagger. Her face gives the impression she would be more than willing to free a few people of their bothersome tongues herself.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

First, Deagan looked to the Drow as he suddenly got vile on his tongue, and as he was walking away, Deagan spat, "First of all, mate, who the hell was talking to you?" he said, before waving the Drow off.

Deagan knew the woman was stuck up, and he was off a mind to cross blades with her, but when Rohn, the woman who had been observing before, stepped in, seeming to wish to calm the situation, Deagan didn't throw any objections. He knew the woman's position, but given the situation they were in, her position meant nothing more than a title given to her by rich nobles. That, and her ignorant stance towards her 'right' and 'authority' felt like something Deagan desperately needed to correct.

And as the woman walked away, of course, wanting the last word, Deagan was infuriated, "You ignorant bitch. Their lives are so important, yet you kill them on a whim. Sodding hypocrite, and a waste of breath, you are." he said aloud, still shaking with fury. Deagan found it very easy to hate everything about her. And it took what little control he had over himself from just drawing on her in an instant, and murdering the arrogant woman just like she murdered the man who only sought to drown his sorrows. It was all she deserved.

After a moment, Deagan recollected himself, and chuckled a little, "And daft as well, did you know she summoned me to speak with me? Now she's walking off like she never did such a thing. Nobles, all idiots with egos as large as the bleedin' sun." Near the end of his last words, his laugh died down. He put a hand to his forehead, and noticed his hand felt surprisingly cool against how hot his head had gotten from the large gather of emotions. The cool feeling helped Deagan slowly stop shaking, and further go along the path to calming down before he himself ended up drawing another's blood.

After the shaking died down enough, Deagan looked to Kemili, and Rohn standing on either side of him, before letting out a sigh, "Sorry for acting up..." he told them both, and anyone else who cared to listen, "And I suppose I should thank you," he said to Rohn, "You might have been the only thing stopping her from wanting to draw a blade on me as well, only causing more needless bloodshed on her part... Thank you." he thanked her.

Then, he backed up a bit, as the adrenaline running in his body was fading, and he felt slightly light headed, before resting against the castle wall, "I trust you already know my name... But, I was not introduced properly, my name is Deagan Clovis, I'm a mercenary of sorts... But I'd rather call myself a Paladin... Even though I'm still just a trainee." he introduced himself to the both of Rohn and Kemili.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Ako'orzyne let out a long, malicious-sounding chuckle as he walked away, heading the short distance to the dead man's former post.

Once there, he took the bow off his back, gave it a quick once-over, and sat down on the rampart, watching out over the massed army arrayed against the fort. He had to squint a little fromthe sun, but otherwise kept a keen eye from his position..

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Kemili nodded to the man's introduction. "I wouldn't have worried bout cursing too much, gone through worse from superiors. Kemili, and ya probably got the gist of what I am by now..."

OP
Sinfulwolf

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

As Ako'orzyne looked out over the enemy encampments, he noticed a few catapults beings assembled, and starting to be pushed closer towards the walls. Soldiers behind the large war machines were gathering spears and shields, whilst large wardrums were pulled by horses. The Orcs behind the large hide instruments simply held the clubs they used to pound out the tunes, waiting for something.

Meanwhile, as Deagan relaxed two guards walked past him, and gently nudged him.
"You stand against her against usurper tongue. You die. We've all got our eyes on you," they said, before moving on, letting their loyalties be known to the outsider. As they walked off Deagan heard them muttering words like 'undisciplined' and 'unworthy'.
Two men were walking towards the armory carrying the dead guard's weapons and armor, whilst the the drunk's body burned in the pit. A head was shaken, a prayer was said, and the soldiers moved along.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Deagan stared right back, raising an eyebrow, and waving his hands in a sarcastic manner that suggested he was pretending to be scared, "Oh! So frightening! I'm soiling myself!" he said sarcastically, before turning serious, "I'm not the one murdering people, you fuckin' idiots! You can keep your eyes on that bitch's arse, and your lips on it to!" he shouted at them.

Deagan growled, "She murders someone, and they clap their bleedin' hands. I speak up, talking about proper teamwork, and they act like I'm a bloody menace." he said aloud, before giving violent tugs on his slave collar, the metal around his neck only further assisting his irritation.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

"I know.... sadly the only way to fix THAT problem would be to stage a friggen coup..." the slaver muttered, staring daggers at the two guards walking away.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Deagan suddenly let out a chuckle at what the slaver said. A mental note was made in his mind at how friendly the slaver was acting to him, of all the people given his current situation. "Thank you, Kemili... It certainly feels good to know I'm not sitting alone right now, after what just happened... To know someone's actually on my side." he told her.

Then, Deagan looked to Rohn, who seemed to be observing the situation, "And you..." he said to her, "I apologize if I dragged you into this. You handled it as I should have... I'm often told I'm too rash for my own good." he told her, his voice much lower, and controlled now that he was speaking with a much more stable woman, "Again, I thank you for before. Might I know your name?"

fanta23

Lurker
Reputation score

Samira just watched as the slave yelled and screamed in anger at the murder and the actions of the lady. "A slave who doesn't know when to hold their tongue hasn't been a slave very long." commented Samira to herself. Who was this man Samira wondered to herself. Samira walked to a corner of the courtyard and pulled out one of her throwing knives and began tossing it into the air and catching it by the hilt.Thinking of what a strange bunch this seige had collected inside these walls. A necromancer, some kind of mage, a slaver, a slave,some woman from a the far north and many more. Samira distracted by her wondering thoughts made a grabbed to soon and paid the price in a small nick on her index finger as well as dropping the blade. "Ouch!" said Samira bring her wounded hand to her mouth to suckle the wound. Samira then noticed how dull her throwing Knives were. She would need to sharpen them so she walked over to the smith in hopes of finding a whet stone to use. When she arrived Samira gave out a call to see if there was anyone inside as well as giving a sharp rap on the doorway"Hello?".

OP
Sinfulwolf

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

"We have catapults incoming," a ballista guard thundered down from one of the towers, his partner arming the weapon even as the warning was shouted.

Guards along the wall notched arrows along their bows as they stood their positions, and Alysha made her way to the gatehouse. She looked back at the collection of people in her castle. Hopefully they would listen when it mattered, instead of bringing their outsider morals into Celthor lands.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

((Stupid work. Cutting in to game time.))

As Alysha walks away, Rohn relaxes her arms to her sides again, shaking them casually before holding her hand out after Deagan introduces himself. "I'm Rohn. And if I did stop her, more's the better. If I hadn't, well, let's just say I was prepared for that as well." She winks at him again. "And don't feel too badly. I let myself get dragged into it. I could've kept sitting there and quiet but I didn't want you to get into trouble. We've got enough of that outside the walls."

She also makes a face as the guards shoulder their way into Deagan, snickering at his words. "They have to listen to her. We only have our coin keeping us loyal. I suppose it's a concern for them, whether or not we're going to be able in a fight or if we're all for show."

Kemili's remark about a coup gets a look and an arched brow from the girl but it's doubtful she'd go along with it, unless the entirety of the fort were at stake. She looks like she's going to ask the other woman something but it gets interrupted at the call from the towers.

"Dammit to the hells. And me without my bow." She claps Deagan on the shoulder. "Don't let them start the fight without me, aye?" she calls as she sprints for the interior, likely to find her gear.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

"It would seem the fireplace chat has come to an end," the slaver mutters, looking out to the walls. "Still out of knife range no doubht, guess I'll have to stand around the gates and look pretty..." she complains to herself.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Deagan felt a little flattered from Rohn's wink, smiling a little himself while his face was heated slightly. And at her words, he nodded, filled with great appreciation for the fact that she was thinking exactly what he was. "I suppose that means I owe you." he told her, feeling that the thought that she was ready to help him was more than enough.

Deagan folded his arms soon after, his tone seeming to take a more sympathetic tone. His brow furrowed together, and his eyes softened, "I don't really work for coin... As a Paladin... Well, I was a Knight of the Paladin order, anyway." he corrected himself, before continuing. "I'm loyal to what I believe is right. And I'd much rather everyone here makes it through this alive..." he said with a purely honest face, not to mention a devout tone. But, after a moment, Deagan reached up, and began scratching the back of his head, "Although I guess it's too much to ask for everyone to share my view, eh?" he said with a shrug.

At Kemili's statement about a coup, Deagan chuckled, "I don't think-"

The group was suddenly interrupted when the guard above shouted warning of another oncoming assault. Deagan quickly turned to Rohn as her hand clasped his shoulder, and chuckled at what she requested as she ran off to collect her proper gear, "What-you want me to share? Ha! First come, first serve, love!" he shouted to her.

Then, he stood next to Kemili, folding his arms at the oncoming horde, waiting for his cue as a front linesman to charge into any oncoming horde, blade-first. Deagan smiles, raising an eyebrow at Kemili, "I think... You look a lot prettier standing next to me." he said half jokingly, and half with a flirtatious tone.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

"If we're going to keep score, it's a good thing I've got a longer reach then, isn't it?" Deagan hears from behind him.

Rohn's standing there with a cocky grin on her face, a crossbow slung up and propped at her shoulder. Hanging at her belt is now a short blade on one side and a case for the bows bolts on her other.

"I'll try and keep the numbers thinned for the lot of you on the ground. Just stay safe in the meantime. We need to talk about you owing me one." She elbows him lightly as she passes on her way up to a spot on the wall, though it's clearly a gesture of camaraderie, not malice.

Picking her way up, she can be seen muscling herself into a place on the wall with the rest of the archers, finding a spot where she can be of most use and starting to survey the horde outside with a more calculating eye, firstly trying to spot the catapults that were mentioned, those being the biggest threat at the moment.

Mirchie

The user previously known as Hero-in-the-Dark
Reputation score

Finally finishing at the pit, Roy starts to climb back to his post when he hears the calls. "Gah. And here I was thinking they were giving us the day off." Seeing one of his troops running to his position, Roy grabs him by the shoulder. "Sergeant West! How many have they got? More importantly, what do we have to beat them with?"

OP
Sinfulwolf

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Sergeant West stopped and looked at the walls and bit his lip.
"Well. We got us a bunch of strangers and the legion garrison of about two hundred. What they have out there... I dunno. Haven't seen today's attack yet," the sergeant told Roy, matching the man's shrug with one of his own.

Meanwhile, outside the catapults stopped moving. One of the guards launched an arrow but it didn't come close.
"They're still outside ballista range!" the tower guard warned.
The war drums hadn't started yet, but the catapults were being loaded. It wasn't long before rocks covered in flaming pitch were sailing towards the walls.
"Take cover!" Alysha commanded, still standing tall to overlook the enemy while the men of the Celthor Legion took whatever cover they could as the catapult missiles crashed against the walls, shaking the stones to their core, and splashing flames across the battlements.

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

A wry smile came from her at Deagan's remark. "For a paladin, you certainly have an imagination..."

Several catapult shots began winding towards the walls, causing her to quite up and duck behind the nearest rampart, gripping the whip at her belt and sliding it free, the end cracking as it snapped at the air.

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

Oh look, flying balls of stone and flame are coming towards us, how quaint.

Having kept a relatively wide berth from the clash of morals, convictions, and such, Enigma stood a distance away, having been observing the orcs out of a simple fancy.

You know, they should really try something else besides those ballistas, not going to hit anything if they just keep lobbing things from out of their range. Maybe some catapults of their own? Well none of my business really, I'm just here to watch.

Remaining unperturbed as fire splashed against the battlements, Enigma simply stood there, staff in hand, and continued her role as an observer while the flames seemed to "bounce" harmlessly off of her, a thin veil of magic apparently keeping her safe...

Status
Not open for further replies.