What's new

Chapter 1: Fort Barthone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Chapter 1: Fort Barthone

His words prompt a crooked grin to play over her lips, her eyes not quite meeting his, and it's hard to tell in the low light, but she just might be blushing a little bit. "Knocked your head and now you're a poet, hmm?" There's a light tease in her voice, one that hints that she's likely more used to deflecting words like that than accepting them. She isn't however, moving away from him, obviously not minding the brush of his hand over her back. He can feel her shifting her weight more to her left arm, but she doesn't move away from him. "I've a feeling I'm going to distract you from getting a good rest if I stay here," she chuckles softly, more seeming to mean positioned as she is, not in the infirmary itself.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Although he couldn't tell, he could definitely see his flirtatious words have some effect on her, licking his lips as he smiled at her reaction, and laughing at her teasing. "Right... I suppose I forgot who I was dealing with..." he noted to himself, his thoughts acting to remind him that he was not dealing with any simple girl, all giggling, smiling; innocence and flowers. No, Deagan was reminded why he himself took a liking to Rohn, with the help of his hand gently, and slowly caressing her strong back; shapely, firm, and certainly effeminate. He knew why he fancied her...

And to her statement, he twisted his lips into another sly smile, "I think the bag of freezing cold ice is doing a good enough job of that." he told her, chuckling a little. Then, his hand on her back gave the slightest pull, as if wanting her closer, but not in any means trying to force her, "Speaking of which... Where will you be napping, eh?" he asks her. And while his thoughts mostly revolved around cuddling with the woman, he also pictured her napping on that dreadful stool... "Well, I think my shoulder would certainly make a better pillow than brick..." he thought to himself.

Glancing at the evening sun rays hanging just over the edge of the horizon, noting that night was coming soon, as well as the need for sleep, Deagan glanced back to Rohn... And sought to test his luck further, much like a fool would do for a living. "... There's room in the cot for you to slip right in." he told her, actually inviting her to lay in, and lay with Deagan in the cot, while referencing to her with another silent gesture that Deagan was actually given a much larger cot, reserved for the ease of carting many bodies, made much larger, and picked out just for Deagan's size. His broad shoulders likely sticking out uncomfortably in any other, normal cot. Certainly, plenty of room for a woman like Rohn to slip in relatively comfortably, although likely having to use Deagan's shoulder as a pillow...

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Ako'orzyne turned his gaze from the battlescars on the masonry to the man who had approached him. He seemed genuinely amused about something, though he was squinting in the light a fair amount as well. "Yes? Another come to yell at me, perhaps?"

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

"Better freezing cold ice than your innards being in pieces, to hear the healer talk." She doesn't seem to mind his urging her closer, actually finding the position a little more comfortable as she eases further down. As he asks where she'll be sleeping, she opens her mouth to answer, though he continues before she gets her own words out.

The notion of sharing the cot did seem rather inviting, but he was hurt and gods forbid she accidentally thrash in her sleep. She might undo any good that's been done or even make matters worse. Not to mention her own shoulder was protesting various positions and she never knew which ones would make it worse.

"Don't fret for me. I've learned to sleep anywhere," she finally tells him. "And there may be room, but I'm not sure it's wise right now. Let yourself get a little stronger and ask me again...fair?" Well, she's not opposed to the idea, but it's more concern that's prompting the refusal rather than a flat-out refusal. She gently extracts herself from his hold, moving to sit on the edge of the cot beside him, her hand reaching out to take hold of his own. "Don't worry, though. I won't be far."

((Not making it that easy on you *snickers*))

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

Walking in from the wall, Kemi looks around the medical area, still gathering some of her strength back from the incantation. On the bright side, she hoped the weakness meant a lot of orcs were affected... In any case, she wandered around the area, looking at the various grusome sights almost impassively before once again running into the paladin. "Yeesh, looks like you and the wall had an argument..." she deadpans.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

(Dawww... C'mon, he only wanted to snuggle, honest! ;))

At Rohn's response, right near the start of it, he knew her basic answer. He shut his eyes as she talked, biting on his lower lip, while he quickly began mourning the loss of an opportunity to enjoy the feeling of a woman laying next to him. "Learned to sleep anywhere... Cept for right 'here,' eh...? I see..." he thought.

Deagan gives Rohn's hand a slight squeeze as she grips it, while nodding slightly, reminding himself of the kiss, and how passionate she was when she gave it to him, as if she had her own neigh uncontrollable demons to contend with, just begging to be released, and set free...

As Deagan opened his mouth to speak, a familiar face approached, and greeted him with an embarrassing, albeit funny joke at Deagan's expense. He rolls his eyes at Kemili, chuckling a little, "Ha-ha..." he mocks a laugh, "So funny... It was an orc behemoth, actually, came to assist the orcs that couldn't man the battering ram, thanks to yours truly..." he said, not having any shame in giving himself credit.

Deagan lightly patted the ice bag on his body, gesturing to his massive bruise, "Boyo had one helluva kick, to." he said, chuckling, before letting his head fall back onto the cot, and the small pillow given to him. He shook his head slightly, sighing while chuckling a little, "And I'll bet those stuck up royals will pretend they never saw that behemoth's corpse, right in front of the gates... Especially whats-her-face." he claims, referencing to the noble Alysha, and certainly sounding as if he spoke ill of her name, his hate and loathing spawning forth over her obsession with 'Law' over 'Justice'.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

(Given how hurt he is, snuggle's all she'd let him do anyway. ;))

Hearing a voice near the two of them, Rohn clears her throat and pushes herself away to sit back down on the floor for the time being, gently rotating her shoulder as she settles, though she can't help a slight wince.

"Well, I saw it all right," she remarks of the behemoth. "Not that they're going to be opening the gates again any time soon. Had to nearly do it myself to get you inside." As he mentions Alysha, she picks at the linen on his bed a little. "Don't know that she saw much of anything. Looked like she might've taken an arrow during the fight. Don't know how bad she was hit, though. I was little more concerned about someone else."

lurker

Hentai Master
Reputation score

A small smile crosses the slaver's face. "Well, we all made it out rather unscathed with all things considered," she pointed out, leaning against the nearest solid object. "And it may be a bit until the Orcs try for another assault what with all that happened..."

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

As Rohn got off of the cot, Deagan watched her as she sat down, and raised an eyebrow when she winced from her shoulder pain, taking him a moment to figure out what ailed her, having little recollection of what happened before he was patched up, and only vaguely remembering a certain woman's voice after he collapsed.

A small smile showed itself on his face after hearing her mention who she was more concerned about. And with the same raised eyebrow and smile, he looked back to her, "Only just a little?" he said with a touch of humor on his tongue, teasing Rohn with his words.

And when Kemili spoke, Deagan let his head relax in a neutral position on the pillow, looking to the slaver out of the corner of his eye as she spoke. He twisted his lips a little, not sure if he was ready to assume that the orcs would simply just lay down for a while, and give those in the fort a chance to recover. "Maybe..." he said finally as he looked back up at the ceiling, "I sure hope so..."

Then, after a moment, Deagan remembered himself, as well as the thing he'd nearly forgotten around his neck as he looked over to Kemili, "Oh, hey, Kemi!" he called to Kemili, "When do you think you can get this thing off of my bleedin' neck?" he asked her, grabbing the slave's collar in his hand, and giving it a tug.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

"Aye, just a little," she teases back, holding up her fingers about an inch apart. At the mention of the orcs giving them a break, she nods as well. "Here's hoping they do. We've got enough folks that need patched up." She shakes her head a little. As he brings up his collar, she quiets down, this being between the two of them.

OP
Sinfulwolf

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Captain Luca shrugged at the Drow's words.
"Not that I know of. The Lady Sharyn simply wanted to speak with you. Something to do with how you handled the catapult I assume," he said, though his tone of voice when speaking of the catapult seemed to hold a hint of admiration. He turned to walk back to the noble woman, hoping the Drow would follow him.

Meanwhile, Alysha's surgery was complete, her wounds sewed shut. The surgeon gestured for two soldiers to carry her out to the cots along with the other soldiers, being laid down just three down from Deagan, while another was brought into the curtained area to lay beneath the knife and stitches of the surgeon.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Ako'orzyne chuckled at the explanation. "Ah, well that's much better then. Lead on!" He says grandiosely, following closely enough to comment on the man's tone. "Bring the right tools for a job, and it always looks easy. Hardest part was making sure I didn't draw the attention of the entire horde while I was out there."

The pair reached where Sharyn was waiting, and the drow, still in a good mood, did a small bow and gave her a smile. "You must be the Lady Sharyn. I'm Ako'orzyne Auvryghym 'tis a pleasure to meet you. I heard you were asking about me?"

OP
Sinfulwolf

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Captain Luca opened his mouth to introduce the Drow, but shut it promptly after Ako'orzyne did it for himself and simply nodded, and couldn't help but laugh gently at the man's manner.

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Lady Sharyn nods at the Captain as the two of them arrive. "Thank you, Captain. I'm sure you have better things to do than run errands for me." Don't let me catch you standing around doing nothing, she mentally adds.
Her icy eyes turn to rest upon Ako'orzyne, her brain not even bothering to pick up his name. "My name is Lady Sharyn Blackcliff, Knight of Bearskard. I've heard you sabotaged our enemies today. I want you to do it again." No point in beating around the bush.

Last edited:

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

"Ah, I thought it may be something along those lines." The drow stated slowly, leaning up against a handy wall and staring at the ground, as if considering what had happened. "It won't be so easy this time. The last one was clearly sabotage, that added to the few bodies I had to leave behind means they'll be on watch for someone sneaking around, and if I get spotted, I won't make it back." He explains, his gaze returning to her face. He has an eyebrow raised along with his perpetual smirk, like he's looking forward to the challenge, but is waiting for something else to be said before he accepts...

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Sharyn's eyes gaze over to the orc encampments, and she bares her teeth for something that could be taken as a smile. "The night is going to give you cover. Best case would be you leading a small group of soldiers into their camps and destroy and kill as many of them as possible. Kill their shamans, and bring me the head of that brute that shot Alysha."
With a sigh she returns her eyes back to the drow. "If you think you're better off alone I'll accept that as well. But I refuse to sit here and twiddle my thumbs while they prepare their next strike."

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Ako'orzyne thought for a minute before answering. "That may well work, with a few modifications. Nighttime would be best of course, I agree with you there. Preferably an hour or so before the sky starts to brighten. If you have two or three soldiers that are at least capable in staying hidden, then I don't mind them tagging along, but what may be the best use for most of these soldiers..." he said, sweeping his arm to indicate the majority of the people in sight. "...Would be to provide a distraction while we hit from the flank. Cavalry would be the best, a mounted charge would draw most of their attention away from the ones doing the real work. As for specific targets, I make no guarantees, they could be anywhere in a camp that size. That brute will probably run towars the first sign of conflict, so if anyone takes him down, it will be the cavalry. The shaman that covered him before may already be dead, depending on what spells they had to slow or remove poison in the system. The others would also be targets of opportunity, not guarantees." He gave a shrug, indifferent, and waited for Sharyn to respond.

OP
Sinfulwolf

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Captain Luca had been about to step away, but after hearing the Drow's words spoke up.

"Sergeant Kester is one of our best scouts. He'll go, along with a few of his men," he offered, knowing that Lady Sharyn would not know the roster of soldiers suddenly under her command.

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Sharyn gives Luca a quick nod in acknowledgement before answering. "You will get your distraction. In addition, you may want to talk to the wizards and witches that have mixed under our guests." She gives a short snort of deprecation. "See if they can provide you with. . . I don't know. Fireballs in a box or something," she finishes with a vague hand gesture. "Or death in a crystal ball or whatever the abyss it is they're doing."

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Ako'orzyne chuckled, then waved his hand in a dismissive gesture. "Handy indeed, but far too flashy for my half of the operation. I have a few trinkets of some sort or another, nothing truly impressive, but I find I never want when the circumstances get dangerous." He says, then pauses another moment. "Perhaps the Sergeant could use the help, however. If I see him around, I'll let him know. Now, is there anything else? I'd like to find a dark place and take a nap before we start this." At this, he let's out a small yawn and stretches, moving his foot to orient himself to his angle of departure.

Status
Not open for further replies.