What's new

Chapter 1 - Introductions Are a Plus

Re: Chapter 1 - Introductions Are a Plus

"Unusual? Not too crazy yet... and why not look at that guy?" Claire asked, glancing over to the shadows where Fletch pointed.

Fletch clears his throat and leans down to her a bit so he doesn't have to speak loud. "He's, umm. . . He's really fucking ugly. Not even human-ugly, but like rotting corpse ugly." Even if he didn't hear it, the big man casts an apologetic glance over to Rashar. "I mean I'm no supermodel, but damn."

Last edited:

Eve sighs and sits next to the door, "I think I'll wait and see if anyone else shows up before I start rattling off what we've learned so far..."

Clara stood in the doorway at first and looked around at everyone that was here. When she was done looking at everyone without saying a word she went to a chair without anybody near it and sat down in it.

Eve looked up from her place on the floor, "Welcome. It's gettin a bit crowded in here yeah?"

Fletch snorts and takes a few more plastic chairs from the stacks, placing them in a half circle around the opposing wall. It's not much, but at least it distracts him from all the pondering. "Uh yeah, sorry about that", he tells Claire. "Ever since I've been turned I've been kinda restless."

Clara didn't answer Eve's question right away, not knowing she was talking to her. After a while when no one else answered her she looked over at Eve realizing that she was probably talking to her. Saying to her awkwardly, "Uh... yeah..."

Claire simply shrugged as her eyes darted over to see Clara. She somehow looked familiar, but then again, Claire had been working in this town for some while now. Almost everyone in this room, if they were locals, she would have seen at some point or another.

"I need a drink," she muttered.

Byron steps through the door into the already rather crowded room. Well, actuallly he had not expected a society of vampires (..or kindred, he corrects himself mentally), would be that big. But on the other hand - what does he know at all about the whole thing so far.. next to nothing.

He nods his head in a polite and silent greeting to those present and was just going to put his jacket over a nearby chair, when he realizes that in the rush he forgot to change clothes and the bloodstains on his white shirt are not at all decorative - well, at least not to human standard. Thus he decides to just keep the jacket on for now.

Carefully he scans the room for a free place to settle down, finding most of the seats taken already, despite a few plastic chairs that seem to have been added for those late. He walks over and sits down on one of them that is more to the back, not wanting to attract too much attention or disturb any conversation.. but on the other hand - it is hard to not notice anyone entering the room at that point.

Then Byron simply waits, not having been provided with further instruction on what to expect next...

"So that's three new people... Fletch, think I should make a rundown?" Eve said from her place on the floor.

"I'll bet that's not the last time you'll say that tonight", Fletch replies to Claire before turning towards Eve. "Sure, why not? Blow 'em away."

Ronny just rested his head in his left hand as Claire mentioned she needed a drink. He seems to be in complete agony if anyone cares enough to look at him, he doesn't reaally seem to care about much of anything. Including the new, and old arrivals, or the fact that he's a kindred anymore.

Eve nodded and held out her hand so that she could tick points off again, "Alright, so we're kindred, humans are kine. The bastards that did all this to us are the Sabbat, we're the Camarilla. New Kindred like us are called Neonates, it's a strange word for newbies, but lets run with it. The older ones are called elders, and call everyone who has a title by that title, unless you have permission to use their name. There are different clans, I've only heard or Toreador and Brujah, but I'm sure there's a lot more than that." she scrunched her face in thought, "Don't embrace anyone without the prince's permission or Vincent will come after you, and this whole thing is like a medieval court so follow the rules. Ummm... don't owe anyone anything. They take that seriously too..." She shrugged, "That's all I can remember, anyone got anything else to add?"

"We're not Cams yet, especially not me," Ronny says more to himself than anyone else.

Eve let out a frustrated snort, "Alright, the guys who saved our asses are the Camarilla. The guys that decided to kill us, and or turn us into Kindred for shits and giggles are the Sabbat."

"They didn't save me from shit, I'm still dead and I'm still no better than before."

"And you could be lying in a gutter somewhere without life, period." Eve said starting to get angry at him, "At least they decided to take you in, instead of telling you to shove off and wait til sunrise. I doubt the guy that embraced you in the first place would have been so understanding." she stood, warming up to the subject of her ire, "If you aren't going to sit down and shut up instead of whining like a little emo kid about the shit that's happened to you, then why don't you go stand outside and wait for the sun, hm? All of us have just gone through the same damn thing." she pointed at Fletch, "He was buried alive! So why is it that what happened to you is any different and any more traumatic than what happened to him huh? What makes you so gorram special and gives you a right to whine like a little kid who's toy has been stolen?"

Byron listens carefully to the conversations, especially the summary, soaking up the new information. So there are certain societies among the kindred, obviously not very tolerant towards each other - something he did not pick up yet.
He turns to Eve, replying. "Thank you for the summary. My name is Byron and it seems that I, just like some of you might have experienced as well, have ended up as a kindred in a rather violent and unpleasant way. And surely not under the leave of the.. prince. So I wonder... it seems that noone is going to stake us or anything for just having become what they are.. although they appear to be rather protective about their number. I guess our arrival and our number must press them rather hard currently, so I wonder - did any of our hosts so far explain why they take the effort of introducing us to their rather elitist society?", he asks to the round.

Eve shook her head, "As far as I can tell it's this or a real death. They can't have us running loose mucking up what they've created." she said, her eyes not leaving Ronny.

"Alle en enfer, you prissy little twit. What makes you think lying in a gutter somewhere isn't better than this. I never said I was worse off than you, Fletch, or anyone else for that matter. Just because you're in love with the idea of never losing your evanescent beauty. You think you're special because you're pretty, well go look around because you're still not the best, chatte vous."

Back