What's new

Chapter 1 - Introductions Are a Plus

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Chapter 1 - Introductions Are a Plus

"Who's to say, really? I mean, I'm hoping they'll let us ask questions or, well, back to the Vamp 101, help us out and teach us just what the heck we're supposed to be doing. I'd imagine they have to do something or if they just let new vamp--Kindred." She stops and stresses the word, making an irritated noise at her forgetfulness of the new term. "Kindred run loose, it'd be a lot harder to dismiss that they're real. I didn't believe in, well, full blown vampires until tonight. I mean, yeah, I've seen the people that drink blood or feed on psychic energy or have their teeth filed, but they're still capable of going to the beach at high noon if they wanted to." She seems to let out a sigh and her shoulders sag a little. "Besides, I suppose we could always answer questions with questions to get answers. Maybe." She grins a little. "Don't think I had a chance to say hello, either. I'm Isabella." She leans over and extends her hand to Jaylene.

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

Taking the woman's hand and giving it a firm shake (hopefully not too firm!) the brunette replied, "Jaylene. Sounds like you hang out with a strange crowd to begin with."

Withdrawing her hand, tapping her fingers on her knee, she wondered aloud, "speaking of no vampires, or Kindred, or whatever, making a show for most people most of the time, if in the unlikely event that we're not screwed and going to get... what was it? Fwoomped? from the start," eugh, shudder, "what do you think they're gonna have us do? I mean, everyone was talking about visiting family and I was even thinking about it, but if everyone was allowed to from the get-go, it'd be a much harder secret to get a handle over. If we're not toast, I'll wager a beer... or whatever," she wasn't used to blood being the night's special! "that we're gonna be seeing a lot more blank rooms for the next little while, if you know what I mean?" She'd never been a terribly outstanding person, or at least she thought not, but that level of anonymity scared her a little.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Izzy seems all right with it. "I read a lot of books and watch TV. Plus, having a brother that's a geek helped." She grins a little. "I think the technical term we've adopted is 'fwooshed,'" she says, just trying to add a little humor to the situation. "But, well, I don't know. I mean, I doubt, okay, I hope they're not going to just lock us away." She glances at Fletch when she says that. "I'm more hoping they adopt the best learning comes from experience philosophy. You can tell someone how to do something, even show them, but until they actually put it into practice, they may not understand it. And the more experience you have with something, the better you are. I...still don't know about family, though. Mine aren't around, so it'll be easy hiding it, for a while. But later on, I don't know. Maybe the lesson plan includes f.a.q's and troubleshooting tips."

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

Jaylene stared across the short distance, brown eyes meeting Izzy's pale ones. Then she snorted and laughed. "Make it sound like we're in line for some crappy burger-slinging job, all the promotional speeches and training tips. God, I hope we don't need uniforms." So her humor wasn't really up to snuff... but at least she seemed to have let her guard down somewhat.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Eve let out a frustrated sort of snort, "As much as I'd like to visit my family in the states, I don't think we're going to be allowed to do that." she tapped her chin, "I mean, if we were allowed to do whatever we want, you'd think a lot more people would know about us. I think... I think there's a lot more rules than we're aware of. And it's probably going to be very very strict." she scrunched up her toes again, "I'm just glad I don't have much to lose. And what i have lost is balanced by the fact that I'll be able to model forever." there was a dreamy smile on her face. "As long as we follow the rules of this society..." she trailed off.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Izzy chuckles at that. "Reminds me of the 'trainee' badges they used to give out at the store for the newbies. Can you imagine that?" She laughs, though she seems to sober up as Eve starts talking. "You're probably right. Gotta make sure the new people don't screw things up for the...senior members. I guess we'll find out. And...at least we won't be alone, right?" She seems to scoot a little closer to Raven at that statement, turning to smile at him and sliding her hand into his once more.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Eve nodded, "I think an experience like this is something that should keep us together. I didn't... have any friends, and even though this situation was forced on me, I'm not going to waste it."

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

Jaylene quirked a grin at the exchange between Eve and Isabella. From passing over into some distressing version of undeath to BFF4Evah didn't take too long around here. For some people, anyways.

"How much longer you think we'll have to wait? How long have you been waiting?" she asked, wanting to know if, maybe, they were holding everyone just until the crack of dawn in order to toss them out on the sunny back step at once. Granted, the argument for keeping them all alive wasn't too shoddy, but Jaylene was skeptical that they were all going to make it past tomorrow night.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

"They said they wanted us to wait until everyone was here. I'm assuming they're out fetching everyone still." Eve shrugged, "Hopefully those bastards didn't get too many other people."

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

(There may be some slight backtracking, but I missed a few days and it's just him thinking so no need to worry about it really.)

Ronell just sits for a while observing his new fellow kindred for any hints about themselves, mainly out of habit more than anything. Death and dieing everyone always seems preoccupied with it, I guess it makes sense considering our new state but it bores me.

I guess there are truly faithful beings after all though not what most would expect he says almost chuckling to himself.

Oddly enough they all seem pretty trustworthy, even crazy Luna. Oh most of them are hiding something, but what and is it important is the question. then there's Jaylene I wonder if I could convince myself to talk to her alone now that we're both kindred. Probably not oh well, though it would be nice.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Sorry for zoning out there for awhile, conversations not really my thing never has been. Always been more of a watcher than a talker." Taking a deep breath despite not needing to, "Anybody else feel like they could use a drink, I know I could. Though I doubt if we can really drink or eat anymore. Hopefully it won't be too much longer before the last ones show up." As he says this the others may notice that he can't really keep his hands from trembling.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

"It's been," Izzy glanced at her watch, "a bit, I guess, but not too terribly long. I kind of lost track of what happened when. It's still fairly close to the middle of the night, though." She nods at Eve's statement, looking to agree with her there.

"You feel thirsty for...something else?" She notices Ronny's shakes but doesn't call attention to them. "I haven't felt hungry or thirsty since...waking up again," is how she explains it. "But if you...want a drink, maybe we can." She chuckles. "Or maybe it'll wind up like the angels in Dogma. Have to sip and spit."

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

Luna, lacking subtlety as usual in the contents of her speech, most likely brought up a suggestion in regards to thirst that the others would never, or try not to consider so long as they wanted to stay moderately human in nature.

"...If thou truly art thirsty, one could always go "hunting" for fresh blood later...although whether or not there's a way not to embrace someone while doing so is beyond my knowledge for now..."

Perhaps what one could say was truly the most disturbing was that there was virtually no hesitation in Luna's voice in suggesting that they hunt humans, which they all had been only a short while ago...Then again, with her lack of tone, it was truly hard to tell if she was being serious or not.

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

The brunette considered the prospect of cramming random citizens of Red Deer, newly de-lifed, into this room like an oversized tin of sardines, and grimaced. For all of their sakes she hoped that she was one of the last to arrive!

Quirking an ear towards Ronell, Jaylene mentioned, "so much for chicken wings, eh?" While she might not have seen the man every night at the Toad & Turtle, she'd seen him often enough to note him for a regular... probably one with a bit of trouble keeping his habits under control, at that. "Once this is all done," she began, trying to assume the same cheerful denial of their situation, "we can always go get a beer. See if it still wets the taste buds."

She didn't like the thought of drinking blood. (Well, she did, but it was the part that needed it. She hadn't adjusted to that yet.) Wondering how long it would be before that desperate sensation of needing to drink (or feed, or whatever) came over her again, the young woman bit her lip to avoid bringing her question up. As much as Luna's deadpan voice didn't suggest total seriousness, it didn't suggest humor, either. Yup, definitely the postal goth girl of the group... Jaylene didn't want to spark a conversation with her, if only because she'd been diametrically opposed to those types only a few short years ago. Butch, somewhat preppy popular girls and the kind that Jaylene speculated Luna might be didn't exactly go along arm in arm!

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

"I meant alcohol not blood, Luna. Though I'm sure that craving may appear again. I would imagine you can feed without embracing someone otherwise I think there would be far to many of us." Ronny says as he wrings his hands together to keep them from shaking.

"I uh wouldn't mind getting a beer with you I uh guess, if you really mean it. Though I don't know if they are just going to let us go after we meet the prince. Much like most job interviews we'll probably be filling out paperwork and listening to boring tapes for a week." He says the last part with a laugh to lighten the place up a little.

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

"Well, we all look pretty much the same, I think," Jaylene shrugged. God help the trenchcoat and raincoat wearing ones if that was the case... "so as long as we're not doing any smiling contests, we should be able to walk into any bar unnoticed." Speaking of which, she'd probably have to quit her night job, too, if only because she didn't expect to be able to both show up before the sun went down and, you know, stay alive, now. Man, if that Charles ever actually wound up phoning her back, Jaylene was going to kick his ass for the turn-and-run. This was turning out to be way too much trouble for what she'd expected to be a simple night of stargazing and maybe fooling around. Goddamned vampire socio-political hard-assed pieces of sunbroiled....

Yeah, she'd probably need a beer, too.

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

Luna simply shrugged at the mention of alcohol, she herself lacking any actual interest in the conversation, but speaking more out of necessity than with any actual intent on contributing to the conversation. Boredom "was" an immortal's worst enemy after all...

"...To this day, I have yet to see what's appealing about making oneself reek of alcohol, and tipsy enough that a grade schooler could rob them of any valuables..."

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

"Yeah I guess we do look the same as before...well most of us do at least. I wouldn't mind going even if I did have to do the whole sip and spit thing like in Dogma. Though I'm not sure if I would want to go by myself"

"Well it's always been more of an escape, for me at least. Plus it is addicting but so are a lot of things."

Unfortunately for some of us it did change our looks a little he thinks to himself as he looks over towards Rashar. I wonder what it did to me exactly.

Last edited:

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Claire nodded at Jackie as he opened the door for her, and she quietly stepped into the room, looking around at the collection of people scattered about. Her eyes flicked to each exit, and anything that could be used as a weapon against her, before flicking between the people.

Hardly making a sound she slid through the shadows to lean against a wall, looking in, curious.

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

(I'm assuming that Claire is in her uniform?...)

Luna partially froze at the police officer's arrival, becoming rather uncomfortable for a second, and unnaturally fidgety if but for a moment. Being a vigilante, the scarlet-eyed girl had never been one to get along particularly with the local law enforcement in terms of whose responsibility it was to "punish criminals", granted that every criminal or corrupt official that Luna targeted would face the death sentence regardless of magnitude. In fact, "not getting along" should be considered an understatement, given that the woman slaughtered the law enforcement when they either got in the way of her assassination or escape and was a wanted "criminal" in the states due to a single blunder in her early days in which a single witness had managed to escape. Although she had yet to become wanted on a international scale yet, one never knew when it came to the nosier cops that looked far beyond their local area...

Hoping not to attract too much unneeded attention from the police officer, Luna removed herself from the present conversation, and began looking for opportunities to erase her presence from the room for the moment...

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Eve, who still stood by the door, looked up at the woman. "Ah, I knew they were still out collecting everyone." she sighed, "Welcome to the party." she deadpanned, "I'm Eve Vosmus."