What's new

Chapter 1 - Introductions Are a Plus

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Chapter 1 - Introductions Are a Plus

Jaylene noted that the people in here varied about as much as they possibly could, given the pickings that Red Deer had to offer. Practically an ad for diversity in here. She didn't catch Luna's question, given the louder greetings of the others -- the brunette had taken a chair far enough away from the scarlet-eyed Kindred not to have heard her.

She did hear Ronell, at least. Poor guy, she was aware that he seemed embarrassed, though she hadn't pinpointed yet that he was embarrassed about her presence. Not like she was going to spill the beans that he was a regular... had been a regular in the past, at least. "Must have shown up after you left. That business man was a weird one," she was saying, "didn't touch his drink, acted like it might be drugged or something." She shrugged, cocking a half grin. "Guess we know why now."

Turning her attention to the midget (a pretty midget, but a shortie none the less), Jaylene took the other young woman's hand and smiled back. "Jaylene Harris." With her sitting, Eve was a little taller than the brunette, which was probably a nice way to start introductions off! She wasn't so sure about calling this gathering a 'family' just yet, however...

The towering mass of man that was Fletch came up behind Eve, and Jaylene couldn't help but transfer her gaze up to the leonine mass of fur that was his beardie face. "Yeah," she told him when he asked about Vincent. She didn't seem too impressed. "Didn't hear anything about a truck... it was like, a couple of hours ago? I took my time between when he lit my buddy on fire and threatened me and when I got here, you know?" Her smile was gone, though she added, "Jaylene, by the way."

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Fletch flinches. "Yowch. Sorry to hear that. He didn't really give me too much time to get to know him, either. Dug me out, asked where The Bitch went and sent me here. Drove off in his silver Bishi." He shakes his head. "I hope he lets her live. I'd like to hunt her down for doing that to me."

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

"Don't forget you're going to let me help." Eve said brightly, "I deserve some sort of revenge for my Bug."

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

Listening to the two, it was clear that something else was going on that Jaylene was out of the loop on... not surprising, given she was late to all of this. "Wait, woah, you guys are on his side?" she asked, made all the more uncertain by the fact that the both of them voiced their agreement. The brief comfort she'd taken in seeing a familiar face was beginning to melt away.

Just what were they all being piled in here together for, anyways?

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Right, right", Fletch nods. "As I said, I hope Vinnie lets her live." As he cracks his knuckles he gives off a much less nice and much more dangerous aura off for a moment. He eyes Eve for a moment - not in a sexual way, though people could think that. "I wonder if I could throw you", he says in a chatting tone. "That'd give them a nice surprise. Model Vampire to the face."

As Jaylene replies Fletch shrugs. "I figure we're all on his side now. Doesn't mean we have to like everybody on this side." He gives Luna a short glance as he says that.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Eve sighed, "I'd rather be on this side. At least this side doesn't go around on a spree like the Sabbat did." then she giggled at Fletch, "I can imagine that would be a big surprise for them. I don't think those three expected me to get rescued by Mr. Alexander."

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

The arrival of Jaylene brought about a whole new buzz in conversation, which was good. Things were getting a little...strange...again. Ronell did have a point. Maybe there were other things out there, if vampires were real. Guess they had time to find out.

The conversation was a bit busy, so she could wait on introductions. Right now, though, with everyone talking about all the different other vampires that were running around, she was beginning to wish for a scorecard or something.

"Wait a second, a Bug? A green VW? We..." She looked glanced at Raven then back to Eve. "We saw that flipped over on the side of the road on our way to the Vat. There was a tower there already, though. Was that you?" The notion that the other vampires had been so close at that moment wasn't sitting well with her and it made her wonder what would have happened if the two of them had gone an investigated the crash.

((Izzy doesn't know the timeline's not right, even if I do, heh. Edit, too, as the crash was when they went to the Vat the first time.))

Last edited:

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Fletch turns his head as Izzy chimes in. "Yeah, that was me. Why, have you seen my truck later on? You know, green and white?" The custom paintjob cost half a fortune, damnit.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

She thinks for a minute, then nods. "There was a tow truck outside the movie theater. I remember thinking how strange that was. If it's yours, it might still be there. Can't say for certain, though."

((Time to go shoot things. Be back in a couple hours.))

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

"Uh yeah I guess they must have got there after I left. So which one got you then the bald biker or the uh guy you were talking to. Uh I'm Ronell since we never really knew each other before." He says still staring at the floor. Yeesh quit acting like a little kid he thinks to himself.

Suddenly looking up at the others and more like his normal self. "So is anyone besides me getting confused by everyone's story, the different kindred we've all met, and the "new rules"?"

Last edited:

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

"Well, the rules, not so much, but I'm just trying to figure out how many other vampires are out there and which side they're on," she chuckles a little.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

"I'm not to confused on the rules either, but I thought we may want to include them for the benefits of the uh new people," he says as he glances over at Jaylene.

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

Jaylene, for one, didn't actually care about Fletch's tow truck or Eve's (apparently smashed) dinky clown car... (hey, the right vehicles for the right people...) She was more worried that just about everyone here seemed to think that it was just fine to be shepherded into some blank room to wait for some moment of judgment by some stranger who may well be a pompous jackass. (Who went by the name of 'Prince' unless they were all high and mighty on everyone else's asses?)

The only people who hadn't joined in on the conversation were the shy looking Indian fella, and the creepy dude in the rain jacket with his hood pulled up. Even the white-haired chick who looked like she ate bullets for breakfast didn't seem all that worried about being here.

Maybe she was just being paranoid...

"I, uh..." the brunette turned her attention back to Ronell. Her focus had wandered as Fletch and Eve and even the second white-haired girl started bantering, uninterested as she'd been in the conversation. "The bald guy attacked me. Well, he was beating on Charles -- the one from the bar -- when I got off of work, so I told him I'd call the cops on him. Thought maybe he'd scatter if he knew there was someone on the way. Instead the fucker, mad as a rabid dog, charged me." She made a face, not exactly reliving the terror of the moment, but feeling a wave of distaste none the less.

"Charles saved me, slammed the bastard over the back of the head or something," she hadn't seen that the bald vampire had been stabbed with a shard of wood through the back of his heart; too bad, it would have been useful to know! "but by that point I wasn't feeling too good. He did something and now I'm like this, and he took off pretty quick after that. I guess they don't like his kind around here, or something, which raises a whole lot of issues for me you know? Probably for the rest of us, too. Sounds like everyone here got bit by the wrong 'side', so what's saying they're not just gathering us all into one room in order to gas us, or flambe us, or whatever, at once?" She wasn't speaking loudly, more to Ronell than the rest of the room. She didn't quite believe in Fletch's optimistic forecast about being on Vincent's side just because... because he was the one gathering them, apparently. That didn't really stick for her.

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Fletch tilts his head again as he listens into himself for a moment. "Gassing is out. . . I didn't notice up to now, but I'm definitely not breathing. And you did say he set some people on FIRE. I don't want to mess with a guy that can incinerate me with a wave of his fucking hand. I'm here because I'll probably get some answers, and it sure as hell beats wandering around until the sun comes up and roasts me."

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Jaylene had an unfortunately good point, especially with what Raven had told her earlier. If this Charles was the one that Embraced Jaylene...She had to keep herself from shuddering.

"Actually, I think you answered your own question," she states after a moments consideration. "If Vincent could have lit you on fire the same time he did Charles...why didn't he? Why bother sending you here? Maybe Fletch is right. We were all told to come here instead of being left to our own devices or...worse. Given that we're all pretty green about this whole vampire thing, aside from what the movies tell us, I think if they wanted to get rid of us, they wouldn't have bothered with this." She gestures around the room.

((Okay, now I have to go to bed. The hour nap in the chair kept me from signing off in the first place. Was waiting for someone to think the way Jaylene is *laughs*))

Last edited:

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Eve nodded, remembering what Jack told her, "Apparently with this kind of society there are all kinds of rules and strictures. I think one of them must be that you can't embrace anyone without the Prince's permission." she paused, "If i recall correctly, Prince is just a title. The old ones that run the town seem to all have titles..." she furrowed her brow and scrunched her nose, "I would rather be here and restricted than with the Sabbat who think it's fun to go on a killing spree and bury people alive."

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

Jaylene listened to those points, but wasn't much convinced. "Yeah well, when Charles left me, he seemed like he was in a hurry. It'd be easier to just drop us in some room and then take us all out in one fell swoop than tracking everyone down and offing them one by one. It'd give them," the way that she said 'them' was almost akin to Rashar's loathing for his imaginary agents, though without quite the same taint of insanity, "a good idea of how many Sabbat, or whatever, are out there to begin with... and who knows, maybe they're going to hold us here for questioning or some shit."

She wasn't taken with this whole 'prince as title' idea. 'Old' and 'vampire' together brought images of ancient looking monsters from God knew when, which only led her to believe that they were probably even more royally screwed than they were denying. "This is un-fucking-believable," she mumbled, dropping her face into her hands, though she was careful not to scrub at her eyes like she kind of wanted to. "What other 'rules and strictures' am I looking at then, since you guys seem to have gotten all briefed up?" They were all hinting that she should listen to them, though Jaylene had no idea if it was because they were feeling magical and self important in their new, improved bodies, or if they were really telling the truth and she'd found herself dropped into the middle of some kind of gothic cat fight.

No wonder Charles had beat it, looking apologetic for changing her. This sucked.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

"Well," Eve held up an hand and started ticking points off, "From what I've been told the guys that Ebraced us are called the Sabbat, and we are the Camarilla. Mortals are called Kine, we are Kindred. The word Vampire makes people angry for some reason. New Kindred like us are called Neonates. The older ones are called elders, and call everyone who has a title by that title, unless you have permission to use their name. And lastly this whole this is set up almost like a Medieval court, so keep on your toes." she grinned. "Oh and there's something about clans too, So far I've heard about Toreador and Brujah. I'm sure there are others."

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

"...Most likely, the word "vampire" is insulting now that it's become associated with supernatural creatures that "sparkle" in the sun and have stalker tendencies for stereotypical women..."

If not for the lack of any emotion in her voice, one might say Luna was almost making an attempt at a joke, but knowing her, it was almost impossible to tell whether she was serious or not.

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"What?" Fletch turns towards her, looking extremely confused. "Sparkle- stalker. . . What the hell are you talking about?" Fletch isn't very into modern popculture and shitty vampire movies, it seems.