Reputation score
Re: Chapter 1 - Introductions Are a Plus

"Can't we see what's in it first?"

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Claire watches her new... tutor leave the room before grasping her jacket and sniffing it.

"Damn they cleaned it... had gotten just the smells I wanted ingrained in it too," she muttered before getting dressed in no longer blood smeared clothing and pulling the leather jacket on over her t-shirt, immediately feeling more comfortable at its touch.

She then hopped up on the washer, legs kicking absently against the machine as she waited, wondering what else this fucked up night held for her.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

She lets herself get tugged into his embrace. Definitely something she was getting used to. As they walk, she shifts a little, nestling into his hold so they can stay close and stroll along together.

"Mmm, sounds like a good idea to me. I'm starting to appreciate quiet time a little more, thanks to you. Now if I could just get you used to taking me out to go dancing, we could call it even," she teases gently, letting him lead the way.

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Hmmmph." Hesitantly, Fletch lets go of Eve and walks back over to the body. He picks up the box and turns it in his hand for a moment, inspecting it, before opening it up.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

((http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/picture.php?albumid=371&pictureid=5024 picture this except with rubies in it, and crosses instead of the tear drop shapes.))

As Fletch opens the box they see a single earring of gorgeous craftsmanship and beauty snuggled in a velvet lining. The piece of jewelry is so well-made that Eve can do nothing but stare, lost in it's beauty.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not long after Claire finishes dressing her new tutor shows up dressed in a black t-shirt, denim skirt, brown leather boots and jacket. Her blond hair is back in a pony tail and the easy smile on her face, as she beckons Claire to follow, completes a picture of innocence. Going down the hall to the doors Claire first entered through, one of the doctor's orderlies from earlier let's them out. Turning to Claire as they leave the building the other girl looks a little confused as she asks.

"Uhm, you may have already told me, but I can't seem to remember your name? I get these blackouts sometimes and I can't quite remember what happened. Though I do remember the Prince telling me to watch over you."

Walking in to the park Raven leads them towards a bench where they can see the stars shining in the clear autumn night. Sitting down alone with Izzy, Raven finally relaxes completely after their eventful night and still holding her close says.

"I'm getting a lot more used to being around people when you're with me, but I'm not quite there yet. I'm not much of a dancer anyways, or at least not the kind of dancing they do now. At least we don't have to worry about so much now that we're acknowledged."

The thug who had been kicking Ronny kneels down beside him and starts feeling the pockets of his coat to see if there's anything worth taking. Just as Ronny feels he can't quite control the beast for much longer the thug who's just standing and watching is grabbed from behind as another kindred sinks her fangs into his neck.

The thug near Ronny turns his head to look back as he sees his partner get grabbed giving Ronny just the opportunity he needs to strike. Ronny sits up and grabbing Joey, sinks his fangs into the man's biceps. Fortunately Ronny is able to control the beast, as he feels the exquisite taste of blood flowing down his parched throat.

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Following the girl, Claire smiles; maybe this wouldn't be so bad after all.

"Claire. Just Claire," she told her tutor simply glad to be out of the hospital, spreading her arms wide and feeling the night air on her skin. It was beautiful.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Isabella is perfectly content to settle into his hold, even if she has to take his arm and drape it over her shoulders to do so, the action being a little more playful than anything else. She'll hold his other hand with hers, settled somewhere between their laps.

"Yeah, I was a little worried about that for a while, when things went south at Leonardo's house." She makes a bit of a noise. "But I guess someone else gets to deal with him now. I'm glad he wasn't with us initially. I think River would've killed him," she chuckles. "If Claire or Ronny didn't first. Now we just have to worry about upholding the rules, which I hope I'm doing a good job of. I've had two excellent teachers." She gives him a bit of a smile, still content to keep their little secret safe, but glad that they're past one of the more worrisome hurdles.

"That you are. Though I've noticed you still let me do all the talking. Some might say that makes you a very smart man." She laughs. "And I probably haven't quite learned the proper steps for what you're used to. That's another thing you could always teach me." She brushes her thumb over the back of his hand.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Eve stares at the earring, absolutely enraptured. "It's so pretty..." she murmured, reaching a hand for it.

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Fletch scratches his beard with the free hand as he lets Eve touch the earring. Damnit, this guy's been causing enough trouble for the two of them, a little reward isn't too much to ask, is it? He eyes the wallet of the guy again. They wanted to make him disappear anyway, no one needs to know, right?

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Sher held it up, entranced by the way the streetlight glittered off of the gold and jewels.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Eve just continues to stare at the earring as she holds it up for examination, completely unable to do anything but stare at it. Almost as if she would continue standing there till sunrise if Fletch lets her.

As Fletch eyes the wallet he notices something he missed before, a piece of paper tucked behind the ID with an address on it. He can't quite place what would be at that address, but he knows it's downtown.

"Alright Claire it is, you can call me Renee. I'm going to work off the assumption that you already know all the basics and junk, so why don't we go grab a bite to eat. Keep up if you can, if you can't head for Bower Place."

With that the blond girl turns and takes off at a sprint away from the hospital her ponytail bouncing bouncing as she runs.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I wouldn't say things went south so much as things were set up to happen that way. Though who set it up I don't know, I doubt if the Prince would have done it, most likely one of the warlocks. Most of those books had the Tremere symbol on them after all."

Raven shifted a little in Isabella's arms so that he could doodle in some sand at the base of the bench with his foot, before continuing.

"Your doing perfect with the rules, not that they are very hard to follow. I would be careful about our fellows though. I just don't trust them as much, for all we know one of them could be a Sabbat infiltrator. An aggressive woman is considered to be a very good quality amongst my people, so it's fine for you to do most of the talking. Maybe I will teach you how to dance sometime, if you've ever seen Flamenco dance it's similar."

Ronny pulls his mouth away from the man's arm and after licking the wound shut let's the thug slide to the ground beside him, apparently unconscious. As Ronny stares at the man wondering what happened he realizes that the kindred who had grabbed the other guy is standing over him. Rubbing her hand as she had knocked the two thugs out after feeding on the one.

"Hey are you just gonna sit there, waiting for them to wake up and beat on you some more? Come on."

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Claire watches Renee run off. She could have kept up with the strange woman, but she had an opportunity to get out on her own for a moment, to make her own way to the meeting place with her tutor.

So she took her time for a few moments, simply enjoying the air and the sounds of Red Deer, before finally ducking into the shadows; it wouldn't do for certain people of the city to see her clearly. She made her way calmly but quickly towards Bower Place, wondering what Renee had in store for her there.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

"I agree. I think the Prince's thing was on the up and up. I just can't imagine why someone would just up and Embrace Leo. I mean, yeah, it seems like a Sabbat thing to do, but the same guy we were supposed to go talk to gets turned? Something's definitely fishy there. It's too coincidental to be coincidence, if that makes any sense." She chuckles and shifts so that he can doodle without too much difficulty. "It's just a matter of who do you talk to about something like that? I'd gather the Prince is a little too busy but how do you know who's safe to talk to?" She frowns, the expression only deepening as he talks about the Sabbat.

"You think? I mean, I guess that makes sense, given we really don't know the whole truth about how everyone was Embraced." She grins at him a little. "Very easy to say one thing and have the opposite be true. I guess...we'll just have to be careful and keep an eye out." His next comment makes her laugh, lightening her mood some. "Aggressive, am I? Eh, I suppose." She grins, a very light tease in her tone. "And can't say as I've seen too much Flamenco, but I'm willing to give it a shot."

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

"Okay, maybe we shouldn't keep it after all," Fletch murmurs as he pockets the money from the wallet. The address is probably where the earring should have been brought. There may be some cash involved... Fletch shakes his head. Way too risky. The earring is going down with Jameson. Slowly he reaches out to pluck it from Eve's fingers.

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Eve whines. Actually whines. "But the shiny!" she was still staring at it even as Fletch's fingers were reaching for it.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

((Not really anything for me to add yet, so I'll let you guy's resolve it.))

Before long Claire finds herself at the shopping center, looking around she can see that most of the businesses have closed down for the night. However there are still a few people here and there, though she doesn't notice Renee anywhere.

"I doubt if anyone is safe to talk to but it is indeed too coincidental. As my sister used to say, a coincidence is almost never coincidental. It just seems like a coincidence because of the illusion we think we see."

Raven stops doodling and pulling his foot back Izzy can see an almost perfect mobius strip drawn in the sand, if it wasn't for the medium it would have been perfect.

"Well actually an aggressive w-w-wife is seen as a blessing, and yes I would say you're aggressive. You didn't back down from Claire or Ronny after all, and you aren't afraid of speaking your mind. I-if you want I can try to show you how to dance right now?"

Ronny gets up and after dusting himself off, follows the girl away from the alley. Ronny figures the girl to be somewhere in her mid-twenties, she has brown hair and green eyes, and is wearing a pair of torn dirty jeans and a torn t-shirt. Roughly a block away she turns and smiles seductively at him.

"I'm Rain. So what's your name big boy, and why were you letting those guy's beat you up. You should have been able to take them easily from the looks of you."

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

"Smart woman, your sister. And, well, you might be right, but that's also a bit of paranoid thinking. We can't go into this thinking everyone's the enemy. We should, I dunno, think about who would gain or lose the most if something like this happened."

She studies the loop, again reminded of his skill as an artist, thinking back to the desktop she'd admired the first time that they'd met. Had it really only been that short of a time ago?

Her brows arch a little. "So, wife now, am I? Or are you just thinking about it? Is that even possible?" She chuckles, thinking for a moment. "Sure, why not? Still plenty of moonlight to burn."

Rule 34

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Fletch grumbles and hesitates for a moment as Eve whines, but he still grabs the thing and pulls it out of her hand. "You'd stay here until the sun roasts ya," he grumbles.

dmronny

Lurker
Reputation score

Eve comes out of her fugue state as Fletch takes the earring away from her and puts it back in the box. As he does so the silence that seems to permeate the ill-lit dark alley is broken by a rolling crash of thunder. As large raindrops start spattering the pavement washing away the pool of blood that has gathered underneath Jamesons body.

"I wish she were still around sometimes, you would have gotten along with her really well. From what we know I would say Vincent or maybe one of the other Warlocks has the most to gain. None of the other clans seems to gain anything from it as far as we know."

Standing up from the bench, Raven pulls Izzy to her feet gently and takes her over to a clear spot on the path. Just as he does so they hear the thunder, and the rain starts to fall. Raven looks up at the sky with a laugh.

"Perhaps a walk in the park wasn't such a good idea after all, not that it really affects us anyways."

As Claire stands in the poorly lit parking lot waiting for Renee to show up, one of the people standing about walks over towards her. Stopping a few feet away a boy probably no more than 20 years old calls over lowly, after looking her over.

"Yo, lady you looking to get some candy or you here for something else?"

Ronny answers the girl with a frown, obviously not taken in by her attempt at charm or her looks.

"Yeah, I probably could have beaten them but I was more concerned with trying not to spoil my brand new acknowledgment so fast. I figure going into a frenzy my first night alone wouldn't be the best plan."

Rain quickly takes on an angry frown of her own to match Ronnys, as she retorts back.

"It wouldn't hurt to say thanks you know, I could have let them beat you till you couldn't control it anymore. Then you would have broken your precious little masquerade, grumpy."

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score

Eve blinks rapidly, shaking almost like a dog. "I... Rain? Well, it'll do part of our job for us, won't it? So how are we gonna get him out of here and dumped?"