What's new

ACT [チクアタ / Chikuatta] ナーテイル・ネーシェ / NurTale Nesche (RJ01083328)

evron

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Found this gem of a game and I thought I'd share it here.
New dev's first game that appears to be heavily inspired by Unholy Jail.

Links:

Story: You play as Nesche, a girl captured by monsters trying to escape the dungeon where she's being held captive.

Gameplay: Sidescrolling RoR stealth game. Very much like Unholy Jail, you have to navigate the dungeon while avoiding being discovered by enemies. The game ends if your health bar runs out or if you're capture while on low health. While exploring the dungeon you'll find useful items that will help you in your escape (potions, keys, food, etc.). A lot of emphasis is put on sound; running or using certain items will create noise that will alert nearby enemies. Additionally, you can understand that an enemy is nearby by hearing their footsteps.

H Content: From the author's blog:
-All the H content will be pixel animations, no illustrations.
-Nesche will be the only female character appearing in the game.
-The game will contain minor ryona elements.
-The MC will have VO once the game is finished.
image-web.jpg
Controls:
A/D or right/left arrows - move
W or up arrow - Enter room or open chests
S or down arrow - Close doors
Z - Select
Shift - Run
Z or Spacebar or Enter - Use item
QE or XC or 1~8 - change selected item
T - Change items order
Backspace - drop item
Ctrl - Use equipped tool - skip scene
Tab - Change equipped tool
F - zoom
M - open and close minimap

You can find the link to the latest trial version in this blog post:
The author replies to English comments too, so feel free to report there any bug you might find.

The author currently plans to release the game in early access in December.

Last edited:

Jesus

The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Looks good, Unholy Jail was great and more games along the same lines are always welcome. Art looks good in this as well.

Am I missing something? As soon as I break free of the chains, I'm stuck sat down on the floor

OP
evron

evron

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Am I missing something? As soon as I break free of the chains, I'm stuck sat down on the floor
I can stand up by simply pressing one of the movement buttons, either the arrow keys or A and D.

Oreno

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Most likely a bug. Currently, saving your game seems to lock you in to the save screen, forcing you to quit to restart. Upon loading the save, MC won't be able to move for some reason. Unless I'm doing something wrong, don't attempt to save the game if you want to continue playing.

heinsc

Reputation score
When using xUnityAutotranslator i cant advance the dialogue. Any idea how to fix that?

Jesus

Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
I can stand up by simply pressing one of the movement buttons, either the arrow keys or A and D.
I figured it out, classic H-game issue - if you have a gamepad or joystick plugged in, it defaults to that and disables keyboard control.

IAmAKi

Reputation score
Game looks nice. Pretty good art, pretty good animations.
Sadly I have to choose between not knowing what the fuck I'm supposed to do, or the game being impossible to progress because translation software prevents text boxes from advancing.

Nice as the game looks this is not exactly a good first impression.

Jesus

Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Game looks nice. Pretty good art, pretty good animations.
Sadly I have to choose between not knowing what the fuck I'm supposed to do, or the game being impossible to progress because translation software prevents text boxes from advancing.

Nice as the game looks this is not exactly a good first impression.
I don't understand holding the language barrier and the difficulty of using external means to circumvent it against the game - they aren't failures of the game its self, that's just what we get when consuming media meant primarily for a foreign-language audience. Course, it'd be nice to have an english version. Til then, I'm sure people will put together guides at the least.

Anyway - you can pull the orc away from his table into the hall to the right, get behind him and get in the room, but how you actually unlock the door I couldn't work out.

IAmAKi

Reputation score
I don't understand holding the language barrier and the difficulty of using external means to circumvent it against the game - they aren't failures of the game its self, that's just what we get when consuming media meant primarily for a foreign-language audience. Course, it'd be nice to have an english version. Til then, I'm sure people will put together guides at the least.

Anyway - you can pull the orc away from his table into the hall to the right, get behind him and get in the room, but how you actually unlock the door I couldn't work out.
Well okay, I won't kick this game for its language barrier.
I really don't like this title because of its awful clarity and way of doing things like the whole orc distraction sequence. My first impression of this gameplay was unpolished logic that jumped from something that made no sense to something that then made sense in the same minute.

The orc you're supposed to lure out you don't actually have chasing, when the PC enters that room on the opposite end of the corridor he just gets up and appears of his own volition in the other room because you're in the far away one... I guess? I cannot be bothered to redownload this to sit through the cutscene that I can't properly skip. Despite him never showing any signs of seeing you he's now there, maybe you're supposed to stay put in that room but so far things aren't making a lot of sense, so maybe it's one of those stealth games where enemies have fields of view and patrol patterns. Nope! Instead he WILL chase you from across the map into the far away room if you peek your head out because now we're using logical guard behaviour unlike the previous fucking nonsense.

No... no thank you. I'll check again in six months time but I don't think I'm going to be keeping an eye on this one for now.

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Not everybody knows Japanese. Stop flaming others for not knowing an entire language. Official warning.
The dialogue boxes tell players what to do. This of course is irrelevant to those who can't read, don't have tools to help them to read and dismiss everything they can't read as poor design. Typical for this forum for years now.

Well okay, I won't kick this game for its language barrier.
I really don't like this title because of its awful clarity and way of doing things like the whole orc distraction sequence. My first impression of this gameplay was unpolished logic that jumped from something that made no sense to something that then made sense in the same minute.

The orc you're supposed to lure out you don't actually have chasing, when the PC enters that room on the opposite end of the corridor he just gets up and appears of his own volition in the other room because you're in the far away one... I guess? I cannot be bothered to redownload this to sit through the cutscene that I can't properly skip. Despite him never showing any signs of seeing you he's now there, maybe you're supposed to stay put in that room but so far things aren't making a lot of sense, so maybe it's one of those stealth games where enemies have fields of view and patrol patterns. Nope! Instead he WILL chase you from across the map into the far away room if you peek your head out because now we're using logical guard behaviour unlike the previous fucking nonsense.

No... no thank you. I'll check again in six months time but I don't think I'm going to be keeping an eye on this one for now.
It's a Unity game, so machine crutches exist for this engine. If you can't get them to work and complain you can't play properly, then don't. Playing six months later doesn't mean a thing when you still can't read.

As for everyone else, a few tips and tricks for Trial 0.1.3. It's quite short and I could have finished it faster if I didn't experiment.

Orc traits:
1. They're not deaf, but they don't have the best eyesight. If you see them coming in a long corridor and your light sources don't touch, you still have time to turn back and hide from them until they move past your hiding place.
2. The trial orcs have a set patrol pattern from what I can tell. Players can still be unlucky and they'll get caught in one of the prison cells, so save and load frequently.
3. Turn up the sound. The orcs have heavy footfall and you'll hear them approaching long before they appear on screen, so players have ample time to act accordingly. If the footfall fades away after some time, players will know it's safe to come out.

Trial walkthrough:
1. Running drains stamina faster than walking. Slow as it is, biscuits are not that common and some can be cursed. Only run if spotted by an orc. Find a bolthole when the orc isn't within line of sight and hope it's enough to shake it off.
2. Find the room with the alcove. She'll say that it's reachable with a rope and buckle.
3. The buckle is in a room with loot, can't remember which one. Just open all prison cells and loot everything.
4. The rope is in the watchroom where an orc is seated. The game tells you to distract the orc with sound. You have rocks to throw. Figure out the rest. Trial and error will tell you which way the orc will face when it steps out of the room. After that, wait for the orc to leave the corridor (opening the door before it does makes enough noise for it to turn around) and then enter the room and pick up the rope past the table on the pillar. You'll know which room this is because she'll refuse to enter it with a short statement before the orc is lured out.
5. Go back to the room with the alcove and use the rope and buckle. She'll do the rest.

2nd area:
1. First part is straightforward: keep walking until there's an intersection.
2. At the intersection, take a left. The minimap will show the direction as "south".
3. Loot everything in the prison cells in the south area. One of the loot crates has a hammer which will automatically update the quest log below the minimap.
4. After looting the south area, move northwards.
5. Find the corridor with the portcullis. She'll mention she passed through this when she was first taken prisoner and now needs to find the key to unlock it.
6. The north area is one big rectangle and there's an orc patrolling it. If footsteps approach, backtrack or find a bolthole and wait the orc out.
7. Keep looting the prison cells when you enter them.
8. Eventually players will find the padlocked cell door. With the hammer, she'll automatically smash the lock when players press the up key close to the door. Takes three attempts.
9. Inside the padlocked door is the key to the portcullis and a short sword. I have no idea what the sword is used for as she just poses with it when it's equipped.
10. Find your way back to the portcullis door and unlock it. The sound will alert the guard orc in the locked room at the far end of the corridor, so players only have a short time to enter the portcullis and then enter the cell immediately before the orc sees the player.
11. After the footfall dissipates, it's an easy task to simply walk to the end and escape the area. See below for what it looks like:

What I don't know:
1. Potions. The red one is healing, the blue one is a sleep potion which knocks her out when the symbol maxes out. Throwing sleep potions at orcs doesn't do a thing. Not sure what other potions do when drunk, haven't really bothered looking at the rest of the Ci-En posts to find out specifics.
2. Broken items like candles, lockpicks etc. Right now they don't really do much and clog up inventory space. Carrying too much slows down her run speed.

OP
evron

evron

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
I have no idea what the sword is used for as she just poses with it when it's equipped.
You can use it to defend yourself against chasing orcs. If you use it right as the orc is about to hit you, you'll avoid being captured and can continue your escape.

What I don't know:
1. Potions. The red one is healing, the blue one is a sleep potion which knocks her out when the symbol maxes out. Throwing sleep potions at orcs doesn't do a thing. Not sure what other potions do when drunk, haven't really bothered looking at the rest of the Ci-En posts to find out specifics.
2. Broken items like candles, lockpicks etc. Right now they don't really do much and clog up inventory space. Carrying too much slows down her run speed.
Throwing sleeping potions at orcs actually works for me, granted that I did only when they were chasing me. It will stop them momentarily allowing you to run past them. If you drink the sleeping potion, once you wake up you'll be able to run without consuming stamina for a short period of time.
The potions I found so fare are:
White - refills health and stamina
Dark blue - refills stamina and allows you to run without consuming stamina for a period of time
Light blue - sleeping potion, see above

About broken items, currently they are useless but the author plans to make it so that once you pick up enough broken items of one kind you'll get a working one.

Last edited:

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score
You can use it to defend yourself against chasing orcs. If you use it right as the orc is about to hit you, you'll avoid being captured and can continue your escape.

Throwing sleeping potions at orcs actually works for me, granted that I did only when they were chasing me. It will stop them momentarily allowing you to run past them. If you drink the sleeping potion, once you wake up you'll be able to run without consuming stamina for a short period of time.
The potions I found so fare are:
White - refills health and stamina
Red - refills health
Dark blue - refills stamina and allows you to run without consuming stamina for a period of time
Light blue - sleeping potion, see above

About broken items, currently they are useless but the author plans to make it so that once you pick up enough broken items of one kind you'll get a working one.
I tried using the parry, but it doesn't work. Timing must be ludicrously tight, since making contact with the orc is enough to spill most of the inventory and start the rape scene shortly after.

How many sleeping potions did you throw? I successfully connected with one but still got caught anyway. So to use it properly you have to account for the lag time before the potion takes effect?

Edit: Got the parry to work, but it isn't great. What happens is the dagger is knocked out of her hands and she's sent sprawling to the floor. After that, there's a few seconds before the orc charges again so players can only get up and run.

For the sleeping potion, if the potion hits and the potion effect (blue bubbles) is on, the orc will stand there and players can walk past it without being knocked over. Effect only lasts a few seconds so can't dawdle.

Either way, if players are spotted and there's an orc after them only thing to do is to run and find a bolthole hoping the orc loses line of sight and eventually gives up.

I picked up a black potion, but have no idea what that does. I do know the creator hasn't implemented status debuff explanations so players who see them in the latest trial have to figure out the effects on their own.

Last edited:
OP
evron

evron

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
Got the parry to work, but it isn't great. What happens is the dagger is knocked out of her hands and she's sent sprawling to the floor. After that, there's a few seconds before the orc charges again so players can only get up and run.
Yes, if you're fast enough you can also pick up back the dagger.

Funnily enough, the dev released a new version today, addressing some of the bugs that were discussed here before (getting stuck after saving the game and being unable to play with a plugged in controller).
Game wise the patch notes indicate only that the confusion (black) potion is being "implemented", so I assume it didn't work unitl now. Listed effects of the potion are inverted movements for the player and reduced sight and sound detection for enemies.

The trial orcs have a set patrol pattern from what I can tell. Players can still be unlucky and they'll get caught in one of the prison cells, so save and load frequently.
I forgot to mention this earlier but patrolling enemies will check cell rooms if they see open doors. To avoid that, you should close the door as long as you remain in the room.

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Yes, if you're fast enough you can also pick up back the dagger.

Funnily enough, the dev released a new version today, addressing some of the bugs that were discussed here before (getting stuck after saving the game and being unable to play with a plugged in controller).
Game wise the patch notes indicate only that the confusion (black) potion is being "implemented", so I assume it didn't work unitl now. Listed effects of the potion are inverted movements for the player and reduced sight and sound detection for enemies.

I forgot to mention this earlier but patrolling enemies will check cell rooms if they see open doors. To avoid that, you should close the door as long as you remain in the room.
Don't know about picking up the dagger; it depends on where it drops and player reaction speed. I notice she stays on the floor longer for each consecutive parry.

Never occurred to me to close the door, didn't think it was possible. Will verify it myself later.
Edit: Open doors with W, close doors with S with the default key bindings. I don't think this is intuitive (would have pressed W both ways) but it is what it is. Save and load far less likely as boltholes are far more secure now that the doors can be shut after enough distance has been made.

Last edited:

DarkFire1004

Tentacle Goddess of the H-Section
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Reputation score
Thread moved to the H-Games section.

dood

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
I know the game says its out but for some reason my version ends right after encountering the golem and makes it sound like its a demo. The golem scenes are in the game's gallery as well.

Belkezar

Jungle Girl
Reputation score
The product page explains that currently stage 5 isn't finished yet.

The pixel art in this one is amazing. The English translation is generally decent but has some hilarious errors (like the girl's breasts being described as "sad" instead of "heavy" in the milking room game over; those tits are many things but sad ain't one of them).

This game is pretty damn unforgiving, since you have a random chance of dropping your lockpicks when hit, and having no lockpicks when captured means immediate game over. Actually trying to play this on Very Hard or Perma Death mode seems insane.

Debuff potions have a delay before they kick in, so you need enough space to run away after throwing one. I need to test if monsters stay asleep through getting shot. Goblins die in 2 hits but fat goblins block your shots from the front and orcs can literally just tank the crossbow (though it's a nice touch that orcs will mock you for trying).

If you get 2 or 3 of a broken item (depends on the item) it'll be repaired and you get a working one.

I'm not entirely sure what candles are for, can the shadow demons not enter lit-up rooms?

dood

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
You can actually kill the orc and fat goblin (from the front) with crossbow fire but I imagine it'll be tougher to do that on very hard with the player's weapon being nerfed at that difficulty. Getting your items knocked out of you is even more annoying when you realize that this randomly curses or unidentifies them as well.