What's new

RPG RPG Maker [CircleKame] 撃電妖異譚─EP1─ (RJ215675)

illusionbreaker

Demon Girl
Reputation score
In changes between Ep1 VX Ace and MV:

- The game is as heavy as hell - do NOT be surprised if it randomly crashes if you have about anything other than the game itself running. Combat in particular is a choppy mess.

- You will now hit hard breakpoints for exposure resistance - 51, 30, and 10. You can break them for each character by reaching that breakpoint (via sex naturally) then checking the internet for mention of an exposure book, which will then put it on the shelf at the downtown adult store which can be read then purchased, then used on each character.

- There are a few new scenes - you interact more with the student that does stuff in EP2, as well as a pregnancy end (and pregnancy in general) which weren't in the original. Some I don't know how to unlock and will probably need to ask for help there.

- Some scenes require alternate methods to fire - the most noticible one is the Shrine scenes, which are now tied to progress with the second character. Previously, you needed to go to the Shrine manually, but the train line is no longer a destination.

- Level up (and Level Up cap breaking) is now strictly tied to the apple feeding system. F.S stat ups are the superior choice just given how much easier it is to spike stats (and besides, that's what you're here for and stuff)

- The swim group + main character event in the most recent build (MV 2.0) is unobtainable because instead of firing the correct event (and unlocking it in the GC Viewer), it will instead punt you back to night mode and let you select every event that's apparently coded that you haven't done yet- including Ep2 (With Michael) AE1 (With Atei) and persumably Ep3 events. Some will crash outright, and others will partly fire. (Standing images, but the CG are missing)

- Known reliable ways to crash the game include:
- Running away from any mimic (Code bug, not fixable without debugging)
- Viewing the store manager's internet listing for the SECOND time (Image bug, and partial code bug - for whatever reason it's requesting the png file in % hexadecimal format, and adding in a duplicate rpgmvp in that hexadecimal format doesn't solve the issue)
- Seeing the first non rejection of a playboy (get your sex stats up high enough) (image bug, it asks for a variation of a file in images - duplicate the one it asks for, then tack the extra digits at the end and you'll get through fine)

I'll probably ask for help with some of the CG later, although I'm MOSTLY done with Ep1. Given the bug, I'll have to hope that I can make a CG save via some backdooring.

Surprisingly, the game ISN'T as buggy as you'd think, apart from the usual misnamed suspects and a lot of code that gets printed. It's mostly playable from end to end.

Last edited:

duck666

Tentacle God
Reputation score
In changes between Ep1 VX Ace and MV:

- The game is as heavy as hell - do NOT be surprised if it randomly crashes if you have about anything other than the game itself running. Combat in particular is a choppy mess.

- You will now hit hard breakpoints for exposure resistance - 51, 30, and 10. You can break them for each character by reaching that breakpoint (via sex naturally) then checking the internet for mention of an exposure book, which will then put it on the shelf at the downtown adult store which can be read then purchased, then used on each character.

- There are a few new scenes - you interact more with the student that does stuff in EP2, as well as a pregnancy end (and pregnancy in general) which weren't in the original. Some I don't know how to unlock and will probably need to ask for help there.

- Some scenes require alternate methods to fire - the most noticible one is the Shrine scenes, which are now tied to progress with the second character. Previously, you needed to go to the Shrine manually, but the train line is no longer a destination.

- Level up (and Level Up cap breaking) is now strictly tied to the apple feeding system. F.S stat ups are the superior choice just given how much easier it is to spike stats (and besides, that's what you're here for and stuff)

- The swim group + main character event in the most recent build (MV 2.0) is unobtainable because instead of firing the correct event (and unlocking it in the GC Viewer), it will instead punt you back to night mode and let you select every event that's apparently coded that you haven't done yet- including Ep2 (With Michael) AE1 (With Atei) and persumably Ep3 events. Some will crash outright, and others will partly fire. (Standing images, but the CG are missing)

- Known reliable ways to crash the game include:
- Running away from any mimic (Code bug, not fixable without debugging)
- Viewing the store manager's internet listing for the SECOND time (Image bug, and partial code bug - for whatever reason it's requesting the png file in % hexadecimal format, and adding in a duplicate rpgmvp in that hexadecimal format doesn't solve the issue)
- Seeing the first non rejection of a playboy (get your sex stats up high enough) (image bug, it asks for a variation of a file in images - duplicate the one it asks for, then tack the extra digits at the end and you'll get through fine)

I'll probably ask for help with some of the CG later, although I'm MOSTLY done with Ep1. Given the bug, I'll have to hope that I can make a CG save via some backdooring.

Surprisingly, the game ISN'T as buggy as you'd think, apart from the usual misnamed suspects and a lot of code that gets printed. It's mostly playable from end to end.
Thanks for the detailed write-up.

I am going to borrow some of your details for my EP3 OP.

EDIT: Hey, how'd you get the non-rejection of the PlayBoy scenes? I can't seem to find them...

Although I have not unlocked the sword girl for H, yet...

Last edited:

duck666

Tentacle God
Reputation score
How to start unlocking h scene?
How to change party member?
Change party members at the 3rd option at a green circle (where you heal once per day; such as at the guild).

Unlock your H-scenes with your first party-wipe loss after the first mission (where you meet the vampire).

illusionbreaker

Demon Girl
Reputation score
If you do things more naturally, if you gain enough pervesity (build it up via using the accessory that raises your orgasm value when hit (when you orgasm, you'll faint, and the resulting orgasm will raise your sex interest) as well as finding out about the massage job that will eventually unlock when one of the girls at the school mentions it.

If you take this route, eventually the playboys who will harass you start showing up without needing to lose your virginity protection (the guys in white suits with the hearts on top) and after they grope you, you'll beat them up, earning a point or two of perversity in the process.

Doing all the above will eventually have you hit the hard cap of the stat which requires you to get a title to go past - I think at that point, you hit the internet again, then get told about the first exposure book, you get the option to buy it (but only one copy, and be unable to use it) then (there might be a step somewhere) you'll get an altered cutscene where the main char DOESN'T immediately kick the playboy.

This results in the bug, (which you can fix as noted) then you can opt to go along with him, losing the virginity protection that way.

For the second character, her h-scenes require you to access the light temple (level 1 will do) where you need to be defeated, and you'll escape instead of being captured. Main character turns into a futa (for the scene) then you need to screw around a bit with her (It's a heart marker at home), then you need to do the other temple (I think it's the dark one) after like 3 scenes?

She'll then get kidnapped after being caught masturbating on the street, then you need to head out at night to cause the others to fire. You'll know this happens when she no longer appears outside the apartment during the day.

After enough of those, and the scenes that appear, she'll eventually reappear, and at night if you talk to her, she'll disappear, and get h-stats.

Do it enough times, and the shrine duo h-event happens as a selectable event (Which is the deviation from MV - prior, you needed to take the train to the temple to cause it to fire)

bgnac

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

if you just want a cg save through backdoor you can use a mv cheat plugin and flip the relevant switches

duck666

Tentacle God
Reputation score
If you do things more naturally, if you gain enough pervesity (build it up via using the accessory that raises your orgasm value when hit (when you orgasm, you'll faint, and the resulting orgasm will raise your sex interest) as well as finding out about the massage job that will eventually unlock when one of the girls at the school mentions it.

If you take this route, eventually the playboys who will harass you start showing up without needing to lose your virginity protection (the guys in white suits with the hearts on top) and after they grope you, you'll beat them up, earning a point or two of perversity in the process.

Doing all the above will eventually have you hit the hard cap of the stat which requires you to get a title to go past - I think at that point, you hit the internet again, then get told about the first exposure book, you get the option to buy it (but only one copy, and be unable to use it) then (there might be a step somewhere) you'll get an altered cutscene where the main char DOESN'T immediately kick the playboy.

This results in the bug, (which you can fix as noted) then you can opt to go along with him, losing the virginity protection that way.
AHHH SHIT... so this means I cannot get that scene anymore...

T-T

Also, I cannot seem to trigger the Futa event. My guess is that my MC is "too far gone" for it. She always gets captured.

Last edited:

illusionbreaker

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Fortunately, it's just a variation that unlocks regardless. It's not necessary, just some weird thing I found.

Apart from the stupid amount of scripting and the mentioned crash bugs, it seems... strangely stable enough. Maybe a couple of years WAS enough to make it stable enough to play. Maybe.

I also managed to somehow complete the CG gallery - believe it or not, the scene that bugs out allowing access to Ep2/AE1 scenes DOESN'T have a CG attached to it.

I'll take it to ep2 and see how much I glitched the save file enough to cause issues before I post the save up. I might do a full 3 episode save.

illusionbreaker

Demon Girl
Reputation score
If anyone has any idea where to look to try and fix this, I'm all ears - This bug is in Ep1, 2, and AE1 (and persumably 3). I suspect I'll have to trawl through all the js and hope I hit it somehow?

It comes up the second time you try to look at the store manager's listing.

Attachments

bgnac

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
If anyone has any idea where to look to try and fix this, I'm all ears - This bug is in Ep1, 2, and AE1 (and persumably 3). I suspect I'll have to trawl through all the js and hope I hit it somehow?

It comes up the second time you try to look at the store manager's listing.
url encode/decode:
the game is trying to look for "インターネット4.png" (internet 4) in img/pictures
is there a misnamed image there?

illusionbreaker

Demon Girl
Reputation score
Thanks for the help, I wasn't aware there was a way to convert the code into something else.

I'll investigate the folders, but I'm going to quickly look at the revision that was issued just a few minutes ago. The joys of having to redownload 2.3GB per game (Reissues for Ep1, 2, 3 and AE1) to look...

If you want to ask privately, feel free.

The problem was across all the games, so I'm guessing this was one of the fixes. If it HASN'T fixed itself, then that's my next stop.

Edit: They didn't fix the problem, but sticking a copied .rpgmvp in a file with the name above (with the extension .rpgmvp instead of png since they use a script to decode it) will get you through. You will however need to also insert one with a 5 (as opposed to a 4), since it loads a second image with the same problem.

Last edited:

bgnac

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
i'll raise the question on circle kame's ci-en later and see if the author has anything to say about it

edit: what event is it again that needs you to open the store manager's listing

Last edited:

duck666

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Fortunately, it's just a variation that unlocks regardless. It's not necessary, just some weird thing I found.

Apart from the stupid amount of scripting and the mentioned crash bugs, it seems... strangely stable enough. Maybe a couple of years WAS enough to make it stable enough to play. Maybe.

I also managed to somehow complete the CG gallery - believe it or not, the scene that bugs out allowing access to Ep2/AE1 scenes DOESN'T have a CG attached to it.

I'll take it to ep2 and see how much I glitched the save file enough to cause issues before I post the save up. I might do a full 3 episode save.
I'm mainly trying to collect all the titles for the MC and others that I can, in EP1.

BTW, there's a scene where MC doesn't immediately kick the playboy (Hayate is what bing and google translate return for his name)?
I only get 1 scene, which is on day 2 of the game, where the MC kicks him away.

I never see him again...

EDIT:
I DLed v2.1 of MV. No idea what the author fixed, since plenty of scenes are still bugged, and mimic flee still crashes...

Last edited:

illusionbreaker

Demon Girl
Reputation score
It's not an event - you can conduct this bug the moment you get back to the apartment.

It's the first internet listing for the store manager and Chihyo (Ep2 heroine) - the first time you view it, it's fine. View it a second time, and it'll throw the file error, which is the strange part. I think it's just supposed to be showing them at work.

You can do this in Ep 1 and 2 confirmed, and probably all the others, since it's the initial listing. I think you need to view it to progress it in ep 2 though.

duck666

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Thanks for the help, I wasn't aware there was a way to convert the code into something else.

I'll investigate the folders, but I'm going to quickly look at the revision that was issued just a few minutes ago. The joys of having to redownload 2.3GB per game (Reissues for Ep1, 2, 3 and AE1) to look...

If you want to ask privately, feel free.

The problem was across all the games, so I'm guessing this was one of the fixes. If it HASN'T fixed itself, then that's my next stop.

Edit: They didn't fix the problem, but sticking a copied .rpgmvp in a file with the name above (with the extension .rpgmvp instead of png since they use a script to decode it) will get you through. You will however need to also insert one with a 5 (as opposed to a 4), since it loads a second image with the same problem.
I still have the VX version of these files. I copied them over to the directory and it works... gives a header wrong error...

FACE-FRICKING_PALM

illusionbreaker

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I cheated and grabbed a .rpgmvp file, then renaming it. The parser they're using requires all the graphics to be in .rpgmvp format to be decrypted to be displayed.

The biggest problem with the series (and why so many people have issues) is all the layered scripting.

I also did a closer look at 2.1, and I just noticed that 2.1 doesn't actually fix the exploit with the swim team allowing you to access ALL the events from Ep1 to AE1. So whatever the patch fixed I have NO idea.

bgnac

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score
oh look a whole bunch of bug fixes, classic circle kame

illusionbreaker

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I spent most of today sick - it looks like CircleKAME has been busy... The patches haven't been pushed through for ep1/2/3 on DLsite yet though.

Although given other people have been reporting the bugs (I really should actually be submitting reports considering I did work QA for a few places once, but not sure where to submit all the bugs) maybe FINALLY we'll get a game that's completable from start to finish.

... Well, if you have a computer that was designed in the last year or so, I suppose.

I also wonder if they fixed the random restraining bug that can happen if you import a char from EP1 to EP2, and how sometimes you can be made immune from ever being disarmed, even if you turn off the skill that allows you to maintain status.