What's new

Confessions

Chibichibi

Big Sis
Reputation score
Re: Confessions

I do good things because it makes me happy to see others happy. >.>;; That's kind of selfish I guess.

To me a selfless act is one that someone does without hope of a material reward, or even a word of thanks. For me, most of the time, seeing someone else happy is enough.

I guess that's why I'm a doormat xD

Pale

Reputation score

The only age I'd consider it bad or wrong to lose your virginity is 35-40, because if you've waited that long, clearly something is messed up in your head, because procreating is a biological imperative.
.....I'm gay? But like I said, I've done the whole "sex" thing, and while it was good, I don't feel a particular need to go there again.

Usually, though, I'd qualify not experimenting with sex as classic Peter Pan stuff. Not wanting to grow up, or fear of growing up.

Confession : I suspect most sex drives are rooted in insecurity.

As for truly good actions, well. You can twist any action to have any meaning you want, but I think it's your intention in the moment you do something that counts. If you save a child from being run over, and are as a result given millions of dollars by its parents, you're doing something good.. unless the person driving the car was a friend and you've been planning this for weeks. In which case I'd say you're a bad person.

People don't seem to always act in their own best interests, though. There is a social conditioning which means for most people, doing something good = happy endorphins. Helping old ladies cross the street, etc. Are we doing it just for the endorphin rush?

P

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

.....I'm gay? But like I said, I've done the whole "sex" thing, and while it was good, I don't feel a particular need to go there again.
I consider gay sex to still be sex. Homosexual couples are no different than heterosexual couples aside from a gender to me.

People don't seem to always act in their own best interests, though. There is a social conditioning which means for most people, doing something good = happy endorphins. Helping old ladies cross the street, etc. Are we doing it just for the endorphin rush?
That's my belief. EVERY action is a selfish one, because no matter how good your intentions, the end result is that YOU feel good about it.

Pale

Reputation score

But, surely that means I don't have a biological imperative to procreate?

P

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

That's my belief. EVERY action is a selfish one, because no matter how good your intentions, the end result is that YOU feel good about it.
Hah, I never thought I'd find someone else that agreed! Everything can be rationalized as selfish :D

Not like that makes people bad, it's just how humans operate.

Mirchie

The user previously known as Hero-in-the-Dark
Reputation score

Ehem.

Humanity sucks? Everyone's an asshole?

That's what I tend to believe ^_^

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

I'd say the natural desire for sexy time can still be considered stemming from the imperative to procreate, even if you've cheated it by fulfilling the instinct in a less producing way.

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

A bit off topic, but anyone ever hear of the "Gay Uncle Theroy"

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

@sin: even for you, that was kind of silly. Did you really think I thought of myself as THE perfect human being? Granted, I'm an arrogant person, but sheesh, I didn't know I came off as THAT bad.
I was simply making a point, and its not just here. You do often come across as quite arrogant, and while yes I missed that you were speaking medically, you still come across as quite arrogant, in a lot of your posts.

I consider gay sex to still be sex. Homosexual couples are no different than heterosexual couples aside from a gender to me.
She was saying that in reaction to yours statement about sexuality about being the drive to procreate. She has no drive to procreate seeing as she's having intercourse with another woman.

Alias

Lurker
Reputation score

*Shrug* I'm an arrogant person, as stated. Doesn't bother me. Sorry for the confusion though. And no, I will never even come close to perfect. Perfection is an ideal that we all strive to achieve but never accomplish, and yet we better ourselves in the struggle.

Also, some of my more arrogant posts are not actually arrogant - I like to make fun of myself by making ridiculous statements that nobody should ever believe. If you knew me in person, it would be much easier to read that - unfortunately, on the internet, it only comes off as acting like a dick. But for future reference, whenever I make a dumbass comment like "I'm better than everybody" or "none of you can come close to my level of intelligence" or something like that, I'm not being serious. It's sort of my own way of humbling myself - because when I say those things and mean it, I know I've gone over the line.

@pale: Oh I see what you mean now. Would it make sense if I said that libido and the need to procreate are two different things, but have a domino effect? The way I see it, libido is nature's way of ensuring procreation. For me, it is the biological imperative. Procreation just comes along naturally as a result - or is supposed to. I see how that can get confusing though, as there is also a biological desire to procreate - which is why non heterosexual couples sometimes have children, via artificial insemination or adoption or any other methods.

@oamp: Tickles the brain but no I don't remember it if I ever did hear of it. What's the gay uncle theory?

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

Well, there's always a big argument about "How can homosexuality be genetic if they don't reproduce". One of the proposed theroies, though I find it relies a bit on sterotype, is that that a hypothetical "gay uncle" would be good for helping to raise his brothers' and sisters' children, therefore they grow up stronger and pass long their own genes, which are similer to his. Therefore, there is a way for such a gene to be passed on.

I haven't seen the actual report that came up with it, just other people discussing it elsewhere, so I've refrained from forming an opinion on the matter. Just wondering if anyone else had heard of it.

Hentaispider

Lord of the Tap Dance \oO.Oo/ (And Reputation Mana
Staff member
Administrator
Reputation score

Well, there's always a big argument about "How can homosexuality be genetic if they don't reproduce". One of the proposed theroies, though I find it relies a bit on sterotype, is that that a hypothetical "gay uncle" would be good for helping to raise his brothers' and sisters' children, therefore they grow up stronger and pass long their own genes, which are similer to his. Therefore, there is a way for such a gene to be passed on.

I haven't seen the actual report that came up with it, just other people discussing it elsewhere, so I've refrained from forming an opinion on the matter. Just wondering if anyone else had heard of it.
I think I recently saw an article about that. There's also a theory that says that the same gene causing homosexuality in men makes women more fertile.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

So...we have incredibly fertile women and men that just don't want to have sex with them?

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

I doubt that's something they can really accurately determine.

il biondo

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

my confession...

cut my third dick...is inconvenient at That same moment...

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Despite all my talk of keeping an open mind and the fact that shame and psychology are no excuse for not trying a physical activity that your body may respond to or enjoy, I found I didn't have the willpower. So I planned ahead, looked forward to it, but when the time came, could not bring myself to do any urethral play. Just put the object in question (thin but good material) there for a little pressure, but there was no direction my hand was going to go but backwards. I didn't feel any pain, there was nothing stopping me, it was just... I'm squeamish, I guess?

Sinfulwolf

H-Section Moderator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

Have someone else play with it for you Toxic.

ToxicShock

(And Reputation Manager)
Staff member
Administrator
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score

But.. but... but ... I don't have anyone else. :(

But yeah, that's what I was thinking. I guess those are the benefits of being a bottom, I don't have to work at anything!