What's new

[D&D 3.5]Campaign Interest

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score
Re: [D&D 3.5]Campaign Interest

I just go for 18 because I need 19 to cast level 9 spells.

Also, Maiko, I think you forgot to apply public permissions on your character sheet. Go to your character list and hit edit followed by the button to give public permission.

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

Ah, there we go. Sorry about that.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Easy mistake.

A few things:
  • Are you going to put down which ones you normally have memorized for the day?
  • Did you go with the haversack and ring of sustenance because you saw I had it and thought it looked handy?
  • Are you aware that the haversack has 2 side pouches that hold 20 lbs. each and therefore it has a total capacity of 120lbs.?
  • Are you expecting to share my tent and bum soap off of me at the campsites for bathing?

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Yarg!

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

You don't have to worry about making my sheet though. I'm asking a friend for assistance.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

You could be a paladin?

Also, wasn't tass going to be a bard with healing abilities?

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

• Are you going to put down which ones you normally have memorized for the day?
  • Did you go with the haversack and ring of sustenance because you saw I had it and thought it looked handy?
  • Are you aware that the haversack has 2 side pouches that hold 20 lbs. each and therefore it has a total capacity of 120lbs.?
  • Are you expecting to share my tent and bum soap off of me at the campsites for bathing?
  • Yes
  • Yes and No, my first concept had 6 strength so the Haversack was lighter than bags of holding. It's also cheaper. The Ring of Sustanance I had forgotten about until I saw your sheet.
  • Yes, the weight listed is for the main pouch.
  • Well, it would cut down on wasted space and sharing a tent helps conserve body heat. And other things. I'll get my own soap though. As you can see, I'm running a little low on funds.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Ah, and I happen to have a large amount as I don't often play in games that get above 5th level before dying (Or I never get to go to a shop to spend it). Might I suggest getting a quarterstaff? They're free and can be used as walking sticks even if you don't enter into melee with them.

I suppose you'll be wanting to share the winter blanket if we end up in a cold place, too. Although, I might suggest getting a cold weather outfit instead of a second courtier's outfit, though. I doubt we'll go to too many fancy events, and even then, you could use prestidigitation to clean your outfit.

Finally, given that the 'light' cantrip can turn something into a torch (That lasts an hour at level 6) you might not need the ever burning torch.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

You could be a paladin?
I suppose I could. But the whole conversation here about stats, feats, skills, what's badass in battle and what's not nearly chased me off as it is. I'm mostly in it to RP a character I can enjoy, rather than what might make the perfect band of heroes.

Basically, I'll do what other's think is best in battle, in order to to help out, but talk of stats I could've taken or armor I should have worn for that extra edge will go right over my head.

Just lettin' ya know ahead of time... Before you drag me into the conversation at hand, or scold me for not picking that blasted paladin.

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

Well, we still have no idea on where and when the game will take place, so cold weather gear may not be needed at all. As for the second courtier outfit, she was going to have some noble ties, which also explains the magical signet ring. I've got a nice idea now though that would save me some money though.

As for the torch, I had forgotten Light's duration. And since we have two casters guarenteed to have the Light spell, we shouldn't have a problem with illumination. Unless we venture into an anti-magic zone...

Edit:
I suppose I could. But the whole conversation here about stats, feats, skills, what's badass in battle and what's not nearly chased me off as it is. I'm mostly in it to RP a character I can enjoy, rather than what might make the perfect band of heroes.

Basically, I'll do what other's think is best in battle, in order to to help out, but talk of stats I could've taken or armor I should have worn for that extra edge will go right over my head.

Just lettin' ya know ahead of time... Before you drag me into the conversation at hand, or scold me for not picking that blasted paladin.
I try to avoid making super combat oriented characters myself. If I had wanted to, I would have picked a different school of magic. Paladins offer a nice role play opportunity though, especially in a morally challenged group. I was tempted to go with one myself, but my desire for reality bending illusions was stronger. My suggestion to people unsure of what class to pick is to go with whatever class you think you'll have the most fun playing. While it's true we don't have someone with healing skills for sure yet, it's possible to get by without it, though things get a little more difficult.

Last edited:

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I suppose paladins are kinda like my good nature, but they're kinda restrained to that Lawful Good, if that's still in this version. Most of my 'good' characters wouldn't hesitate to break the law if it's what is right, though. So a Paladin wouldn't fit the personality I had in mind.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Which would screw over the torch as well... I have flint and steel so that we can burn stuff, though! Also, I suppose we could also see if one of my cold weather outfits can fit you as well if we're close to the same size.

I mostly suggested paladin since you sounded like you didn't see an alternative class that could still heal.

As for the stat thing, that was mostly a combination of confirming the point buy system and the fact that, to cast a spell, you must have the relevant ability score equal to 10+the spell level.

Therefore, for example, for a cleric to be able to cast a 5th level spell, the cleric needs a wisdom of at least 15.

As such, it can make things much simpler to deal with that at character creation rather than trying to boost your stats to the prerequisite levels later in the game.

Also... how is a conversation about clothing, soap, and a tight budget intimidating?

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Ehhh, Paladins are either extremely easy or extremely hard to play, depending on how you look at it. You can either play them like Thor, which is easy but kind of boring, or play them like Paksenarrion, which is hard but incredibly satisfying. The Lawful Good thing isn't as constricting as you'd think, though it honestly depends on the DM. Generally though, if it serves the greater good, you're allowed to break the law. You just can't do it for personal gain like most characters will.

Then again, you could still be whatever you want RJ. Ignore all the stats talk, and since this is online, we'll only be able to jump on your case if you make an extremely grave error.

And I'm still thinking of going for the Bard. He'll probably be as useful as a cripple most of the time, but that's never stopped me before.

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

I've always seen a paladin's oath as being a bit less rigid than most people that I've talked to, but yes, breaking the law is a paladin no-no. Unless it's an evil law, but even that should be avoided if possible. I think paladins should be more concerned with good and less with law.

Good aligned clerics (heck, any class really) can still be goodie-two-shoes without the restrictions of paladins.

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Also, on second thought, you really shouldn't be a Paladin RJ. We'd have to try and kill each other.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Oh dear, I've landed in a pile of misunderstanding.

It's sort of a quirk of mine when in a large group. I try to find my place in keeping the group together, and supporting everyone else with whatever they're doing.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

And I'm still thinking of going for the Bard. He'll probably be as useful as a cripple most of the time, but that's never stopped me before.
So, Does this mean that our party will consist of:
A slightly sadistic illusionist
A slightly insane mage with a passion for electrocuting things
A cripple
And a goodie-two-shoes?

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

Interested if a 2nd party forms or something, or if there's still room...but with one complaint.

Only 25 points D:? Wasn't 28 the norm?...

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

25 is the norm. I checked when I first started making my character.