What's new

[D&D 3.5]Campaign Interest

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: [D&D 3.5]Campaign Interest

Could have sworn it was 28 once again, given that seems to have been the lowest I've ever gone in all the campaigns I've been in. (even for the low powered one.) But I'll take your word for it.

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Huzzah!

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

There's not much worse than a Chaotic Evil bard. They like to torture people by singing the Barney song until they kill themselves.

See exhibit A:

Also: My finished sheet. Well, without HP rolled.

Last edited:

Ryu

Lurker
Reputation score

Looks like we might be pretty caster heavy. I plan on being one too! =D

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

If there's still room then...I'll roll up a rogue as it's been ages since I played one. (Despite them being my personal favorite.)

*Plots to molest Keylo's character*
A dagger to the throat says different dear. :3

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Oh, but some of my treatments require that I touch you!

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

If there's still room then...I'll roll up a rogue as it's been ages since I played one. (Despite them being my personal favorite.)

A dagger to the throat says different dear. :3
If we have a rogue, I may switch my knock spell back to being Earthen Grasp.

No need for a magical lockpick if we have a flesh and blood lockpick.

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

Of course~ That depends on who's being accepted into the campaign though.

OP
Loli Defense Force

Loli Defense Force

Lili
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Because I am being lazy at the moment, those with a character sheet/starting a character sheet, please PM it to me as well with the following details:

Do you know how to play D&D 3.5? (y/n)
Have you ever RP'd before? (y/n)
Do you want sex in the game (y/n)
Which would you prefer? (Forum only/Chat only/Hybrid (combat in chat?))

For the fluff parts of PrCs, assume for the most part you have done them, ie: the elemental thing, assume someone at some point summoned one and you talked to it etc...

Also, for now 25 will be the standard point buy, if it really does become an issue, I may bump it up.

Quartz

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score

I was making a barbarian and ran into some things that I couldn't figure out with just the d20srd site. I couldn't figure out how much wealth was available to me for purchasing equipment, and also I'm not sure how many feats I get at level 6.

Here's the if anybody is nice enough to point out any mistakes.

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

Money for 6th level is 13000gp, with no single items above 6500gp. And you should have the one feat at 1st level, one at 3rd and one at 6th. Humans get that extra feat at 1st level as well.

Other than that... you need to set the public permissions on your sheet. I did the same thing.

Quartz

Reputation score

Money for 6th level is 13000gp, with no single items above 6500gp. And you should have the one feat at 1st level, one at 3rd and one at 6th. Humans get that extra feat at 1st level as well.

Other than that... you need to set the public permissions on your sheet. I did the same thing.
Thanks! That should be everything I need to finish the sheet.

EDIT: And the character is public now. And I appear to be retarded, because I can't figure out what my base attack bonus is as a level 6 human barbarian.

Last edited:

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

EDIT: And the character is public now. And I appear to be retarded, because I can't figure out what my base attack bonus is as a level 6 human barbarian.
That would be +6, with a second attack at +1 (written as +6/+1). An easy way to remember for all of the fighting classes (except for monks) is that the BAB is equal to their level, assuming they don't multiclass.

Also, your base saves should be +5 for fortitude, and +2 for both reflex and will bringing you up to a total of +6, +4, and +2.

Also, more of a nit-picking really, your armor gives a +6 bonus, but you've listed it in the AC calculation bar as +7, but neglected your ring of protection, which I assume you've added in to that. Rings of Protection provide a deflection bonus to AC, which meens they work against pretty much anything, while armor doesn't provide protection against touch attacks. The AC bar has a spot for deflection bonuses, you can put the +1 from the ring there. This will slightly improve your touch AC, so it's a good thing to do.

Next, you forgot the ability boost at level 4. Pick one of your main stats and bring it up by one. Constitution looks like it could benefit from that.

You also get two bonus languages for your intelligence (an intelligent barbarian, what is the world coming to?),

And finally, how much money do you have left over?

Otherwise, pretty solid sheet.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

Vaera even has soap!

(Although I noticed you came up with an age on your own instead of using the system to randomly decide it. Not that it matters, but, meh, you didn't get to roll fun dice.)

Also, Loli, for restatement: Hit points for above level 1. How do you want them handled?

Secondly, do you have a special setting, or can we come up with whatever for our backgrounds?

Quartz

Reputation score

That would be +6, with a second attack at +1 (written as +6/+1). An easy way to remember for all of the fighting classes (except for monks) is that the BAB is equal to their level, assuming they don't multiclass.

Also, your base saves should be +5 for fortitude, and +2 for both reflex and will bringing you up to a total of +6, +4, and +2.
Thanks, it's kind of crappy using that d20SRD site for certain things because they legally can't show certain stuff pertaining to making the character and levelling up a character. And I have no 3.5 book, so I really don't know what to do for that stuff.

Also, more of a nit-picking really, your armor gives a +6 bonus, but you've listed it in the AC calculation bar as +7, but neglected your ring of protection, which I assume you've added in to that. Rings of Protection provide a deflection bonus to AC, which meens they work against pretty much anything, while armor doesn't provide protection against touch attacks. The AC bar has a spot for deflection bonuses, you can put the +1 from the ring there. This will slightly improve your touch AC, so it's a good thing to do.
I didn't do that, the character sheet template marks the AC stuff automatically as you add items and I assumed it was correct. It let me override it though.

You also get two bonus languages for your intelligence (an intelligent barbarian, what is the world coming to?),
I'll have very enlightening chats about math and the arts with enemies as I hew their body parts off in a murderous rage.

And finally, how much money do you have left over?
I wasn't quite done buying items and was going to get a bit closer to the light weight load cutoff, so I marked the character sheet in the private notes with how much gold I had left. I have 1106 gold left, and I think I should grab a bracers of armor+1, but I don't know if I can use that with my heavy shield.

Also, this character sheet is playing subtle mind games with me I swear. It keeps unchecking my core skills, causing the total skill point value to be stupidly high and catch my eye.

Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

maikochan

User #69
Reputation score

the SRD I use, it's got the full tables for all of the base classes in the core books, as well as some of the Prestige classes.

Also, Bracers of Armor don't stack with any armor you're wearing, so not such a good idea unless you're expecting a rust monster to gobble down your armor at some point. A few healing potions might be more worthwhile. The walking band-aids can't be everywhere at once.

Pheonix Alugere

Former Moderator
Reputation score

The reason there was a 7 instead of a six, is the way the sheet works, it was counting your ring of protection as giving an ac boost instead of a deflection bonus.

Quartz

Reputation score

That is like 100x better for character gen stuff. Now I can covertly replace some of the bullshitted stuff. The rolls were pretty similar to what I had anyways, except for the age which I like better at 32 and am keeping it.

I can carry those potions on my belt in a belt pouch right? I don't want to have to dig through a backpack to get to the potions.

I think I'm done filling out all the stats stuff, I'll write a bio tomorrow.

Diagasvesle

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Interest from me. But only if a 2nd party is going to be allowed.

Do you know how to play D&D 3.5? (y/n)
Nope. Going to need help.

Have you ever RP'd before? (y/n)
Yes i have.

Do you want sex in the game (y/n)
Sure, why not?

Which would you prefer? (Forum only/Chat only/Hybrid (combat in chat?))
Hybrid. Combat inside the chat means quick paced movement there. No one liner posts on the forum, and a log of the battle then posted on the forum will help everyone OOC. Hopefully instead of have to scroll through pages reading the one-liner battle posts.