What's new

ACT Guro [D-lis] Night of Revenge / 魔女は復讐の夜に (RJ405582)

UnHolyBlessing

Reputation score
Basic attack has 2 attacks, air attack can hit as many times as you can, till you out of SP.
DEX+SP
Maybe this can kill boss in the air.

Dawnstar

Mystic Girl
Reputation score
What was the name of the girl with the white hair you fight in the cathedral? I just can't get over the fact that i almost prefer her look over Aradia's. I mean they both look great, but I'd love it if when the full game is out, once you beat it you can play as the white haired girl as well. Or at least view her in the animations in the gallery. Kind of like a bonus for beating the game or something.

XziebertX

Demon Girl
Reputation score
I did too. I assumed it was a false positive... but maybe that wasn't a smart idea...
the thing is...
this warning comes quite late and unlike what Windows Security usually do (I do assume this is as a false positive too, and since I have finished it till the new location so I ignore it)

super_slicer

Lord High Inquisitor
Staff member
H-Section Moderator
Reputation score
Unfortunately, false positive or not I feel duty-bound to treat it as a real threat. Removing the link.

vss189

Reputation score
and here is . Well, it still may be false positive, but I would not check it on my pc.

monomulti

Sex Demon
Reputation score
It does seem odd that not all AVs detect something, but detection by 18/68 is pretty significant imo.
But this hasn't been a problem until this last update which is suspicious. The game's engine hasn't significantly changed, adding a few pieces of content should not suddenly trigger a virus warning.
Also, if it is indeed a problem with the game itself, D-lis should be well aware of it by now. With over a thousand subscribers, a fix should've already been out.

What's even more odd is that this person has been sharing the previous versions. So did he just decide to take advantage of the trust built up and attempt to infect? Or does he grab files from another source which got infected? There is still a possibility that it's a false positive but it's very slim imo.

Btw, a V.30 link is still in the OP and I assume that's the same one that got removed.

Harleyquin13

Tentacle God
Reputation score
People forget that the last two versions of this demo shared by the user were not obtained directly from the creator. Instead, the sharer picks the game demo up from the Chinese player base working on an unofficial Chinese translation of the game.

It wouldn't surprise me if the effort to translate the game from Japanese to Chinese required the latter to hack the game to make the code accessible. That would explain the virus problems, none of the Japanese players complain about viruses.

Tewi

Reputation score
Hello, sorry for taking so long to answer.

I'm as surprised as everyone else to be honest. I haven't found any virus myself until I enabled Windows Defender again, I only used malware bytes, which still doesn't manage to find a virus (Now I know that I should use defender as well for my system).

As for the virus itself, I can't be a 100% certain, but I think I know why the mono file went from 2.066 KB to 6.661 KB. In case anyone who opened the game missed it, whenever you start the game, a small windows pops out, this window is basically credits the Chinese CG's translation team and uploader. Upon deletion of the mono file, this window doesn't appear again, but the game no longer works. I even tried replacing it with the mono file from previous versions, but that didn't work as well.
As for the source of the game, every upload I made (v. 0.11 to latest, not including v.0.16 which came from another user) comes from the same Chinese site, which I've been using for well over 2 years and this is the first problem I've encountered so far in any of their uploads. I don't make any modifications to the files myself besides changing the name of the folders from Chinese to English. As @Harleyquin13 suggested, It is likely that in order to translate the game they had to hack something and that triggered a false positive. I trust this site and I doubt there's an actual malicious intent behind them but of course that's just my words.

Now, I will refrain from sharing uploads from this site directly (as in posting them on the forum), unless I find them problem-free. If anyone still wants the game, just PM and I'll send you the link. If that is forbidden, I'll just stop directly until I find a different source. I didn't manage to find another uploader yet (specially since I don't know Japanese nor Chinese, so searching is not easy), but hopefully someone else has better luck getting the game from other sources and can share it here.

If anyone had a problem on their computers as a result of this, I can only apologize.

kiko

aka the Asian rapper Kikkoman Flowsauce
Reputation score
The "virus" is definitely a false positive. Just some shitty code that some garbage antiviruses pick up. Trust me, if ESET doesn't detect it, it's not a virus.

Last edited:

lordofthefries

Reputation score
The iaido katana looks cool and all but it's really impractical. The first slash is decent but sheathing the sword takes too long. Thankfully, you can skip the animation by dashing immediately after. I forced myself to adapt to it and it worked okay running a full dex build, but switching to another sword showed me how the normal version is MUCH more preferable.

I'm currently split between the holy sword and the normal katana damage wise. I just reset the katana so I trying to farm the level 3 upgrade crystal (can you even get them apart from chests?). Which one do you guys prefer?

Tentalover

Reputation score
Which one do you guys prefer?
same as you. I was using katana and sometimes the spear. but tried the holy sword again and its damage is around 30% more. from katana's 150 to holy sword 200. maybe it's just my build.

Vadimuho

Reputation score
Do not ask for a game for ANY reason. Asking for or alluding to links to game downloads is prohibited. Failure to follow this rule will result in an immediate 1 week ban.
im late... give v.0.30 link please