Dark Gate OOC Thread

Termite

A bug
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Dark Gate OOC Thread

*wonders if we're gonna see a Havel toothpick in DG*

Edit:
Might as well answer the question. If you don't see a specific description for anything then it isn't set in stone, so no real worries when it comes to weapon creation.

David tentacles

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

And done. *throws confetti* Technically one giant fang beaten into a clubish shape by a rather novice Smith.

Also I seemed to have scared away Dragoon between my sheet errors and poor reasoning towards justifying my dislike for Fey.

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Not the sheet errors. Those are easy enough to correct. It was the weak rationalization for wanting to kill Sidhe and Angels. Also random capitalization of which I can still see one or two examples.

David tentacles

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Not the sheet errors. Those are easy enough to correct. It was the weak rationalization for wanting to kill Sidhe and Angels. Also random capitalization of which I can still see one or two examples.
Thought I caught them all, also I did say my rather weak poor reasoning towards justifying my dislike of the fey.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Also random capitalization of which I can still see one or two examples.
That may be a result of copy-pasting from like, notepad or somesuch into a proper word processor, or perhaps just working on a phone. I've actually seen that a bunch of times.

David tentacles

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

That may be a result of copy-pasting from like, notepad or somesuch into a proper word processor, or perhaps just working on a phone. I've actually seen that a bunch of times.
I freely admit I am on a phone when on this site.

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Fair enough but it is the senseless hatred (but not Hatred) of Sidhe and Angels that was the deal breaker.

David tentacles

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Fair enough but it is the senseless hatred (but not Hatred) of Sidhe and Angels that was the deal breaker.
*Shrugs* I wanted a reason to have a Cold Iron weapon, Feys are pretty dicks and I *personally* don't like Angels. Looking into the history of DG I should have instead went with Aliens.

Either way what's done is done.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

The Fey are like people, mostly dicks but also there's some good people among them with dicks.

And sometimes they're evil sadistic rapists that take your virginity and make you feel like a worthless bitch and rob you of all your masculinity before coming back to torture you again months later after you've found a lover to make you look like a total embarrassment of a man in front of her and generally make you feel like a mere bitch and meat stick for her sadistic pleasure.

THAT WASN'T SPECIFIC AT ALL YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH

Hafnium

Despair Fetishist
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Autumn and Winter fae are known for their dickery and are a pretty easy scapegoat for justifying faerie hatred. Both more or less consider most other races to be the equivalent of insects in comparison to faeries (and especially sidhe), both in terms of value and their general ability to interact with the fae. Many of them keep, enslave, or otherwise entertain themselves with interesting specimens and either outright ignore or squash the boring ones. Not too hard to come up with a reasonable excuse to hate those fae. Plenty of potential for bad encounters leading to disdain for them.

Similar sentiments toward the worth of non-fae races can be found among the Spring and Summer courts, though Summer fae in general are more goody-goody toward the mortal races and Summer members who don't like non-fae are more likely to be reclusive than to do anything about it. Likewise, pretty sure the Spring court is too busy painting pretty pictures and hanging them on the collective fridge to do anything to non-fae. Although, even in this case, any PC raised in or around Badaria is still likely to have an aversion, as even post-invasion the inquisition has continued teaching that the only good magical creature is a dead one.

Angels are jerks. Jerks with bird wings. Zipping around and following flimsy future-vision in the attempt to right wrongs and punish interdimensional door-to-door salesmen. That said, fallen ones can do a lot of damage. Not all fallen angels are outright evil, but the ones who are tend to be pretty extravagant about it given that they're basically winged death machines with natural aptitudes for most methods of murdering or otherwise subjugating people. Again, plenty of opportunity for an encounter gone wrong.

Although, if you want to go off the beaten path, there's also plenty of opportunity for an encounter gone wrong with an angel who hasn't fallen. They do a lot of things in following their foresight, it's always possible that a pure one may have done something in an attempt to avert some catastrophe that made life a whole lot harder for a budding adventurer/murderhobo and ingrained a deep disdain for angels in them.

Alternatively, just be the murderhobo-est murderhobo and decide to murder angels for an arts-and-crafts project to make a mantle out of their feathers.

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Alternatively, just be the murderhobo-est murderhobo and decide to murder angels for an arts-and-crafts project to make a mantle out of their feathers.
[SeanConneryVoice]
DON'T LISTEN TO HIM BOY, THEY'RE LIKE FERGUSON BLACKS. KILL ANGELS INDISCRIMINATELY AND THE REST WILL POUR DOWN UPON YOU WITH GREAT VENGEANCE AND FURIOUS ANGER.
[/SeanConneryVoice]

Hafnium

Despair Fetishist
RP Moderator
Reputation score

That just means extra feathers for

Mamono Assault Force

Coon Tamer
RP Moderator
Reputation score

[SeanConneryVoice]
THE TALKING TREE ANGEL CORPSE HAS RUINED HIM FOREVER
[/SeanConneryVoice]

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Well yeah, there was plenty to be done. But the character in question's reason for wanting to kill them was because they were prettier than him and could shapeshift. That's it. I'm not the best or experienced of a GM and I don't think I could run such a game.

David tentacles

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

Well yeah, there was plenty to be done. But the character in question's reason for wanting to kill them was because they were prettier than him and could shapeshift. That's it. I'm not the best or experienced of a GM and I don't think I could run such a game.
I never said kill. I even mentioned that he only held a deep dislike for them =/.

Also I have already said that yes I fucked up there.

Bloodshifter

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Don't suppose anyone is interested in GMing my new Character?

Bloodshifter

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Alpha strike.

Jk. I didn't really have one making a unlucky adventurer that through a series of unfortunate events ended up in Demon town. No he doesn't have Unlucky trait.

That's kinda it.