What's new

Dark Gate OOC Thread

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score
This new text feels like it's for ants. My eyes bleed trying to read it.

Bloodshifter

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Couple of questions this time around,

Naga/something hybrids must be female?

How long are Nagas generally? How about a Large version of said Naga?

How big would a Massive 2-h sword be for a Naga? It's for my Bio.

Hybrid aging, how does it work? Naga/Dragonblooded for example.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score
It is a bit hard to read, yeah.

Couple of questions this time around,

Naga/something hybrids must be female?

How long are Nagas generally? How about a Large version of said Naga?

How big would a Massive 2-h sword be for a Naga? It's for my Bio.

Hybrid aging, how does it work? Naga/Dragonblooded for example.
Yes.

I don't know? Some indeterminate number of feet snekbuttlength topped by a regular person sized torso, or an exceptionally large sized person torso in the case of Large.

Also don't know. I don't really care to go for specific measurements in these sorts of things.

Average the lifespans. Use the quicker rate to determine how long before they reach maturity.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score
Try upping the page scale/zoom to about 120% or so. Also you can change the theme at bottom left of page. None are that great, but I'm currently using "Gradient" because it helps divide up and reduce the oppressive amount of blank white/grey space on the page.

Bloodshifter

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Silly question but, is there a Mount for Large serpentine PCs?

Dunno if it helps but, planning on plopping into the warzone of Haven in the Anudor desert.

Last edited:
OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Silly question but, is there a Mount for Large serpentine PCs?

Dunno if it helps but, planning on plopping into the warzone of Haven in the Anudor desert.
Huh.... I don't have an easy answer for that, actually. Obviously a horse would be too small for a bigsnek. Hm. You can still take it and have a mount, but it would have to be a bigger creature. I don't think anything native to Anudor would do, so where would the snek be from exactly?

Bloodshifter

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Huh.... I don't have an easy answer for that, actually. Obviously a horse would be too small for a bigsnek. Hm. You can still take it and have a mount, but it would have to be a bigger creature. I don't think anything native to Anudor would do, so where would the snek be from exactly?
I haven't worked out that quite yet, she's a Naga/Dragonkin hybrid warrior that wants to smash alien faces for loot and because she's a bit of a bloodseeker. She’s also 100 something years old and learned to smith at some point, trying to find armor for a big snek girl was a pain.

Honestly, she might have been from anywhere, her drive for gold and blood having drawn her to Haven.

Also even if Aliens cannot be Hatred targets can they be targeted for Favored Enemy?

dragoon93041

Tentacle God
Reputation score
It might work if you had something like a wagon. It would have to be a sturdy one, though. Wagons are also good for carrying loot.

Bloodshifter

Tentacle God
Reputation score
It might work if you had something like a wagon. It would have to be a sturdy one, though. Wagons are also good for carrying loot.
I personally would like to keep it as a single animal as otherwise I'd probably turn something like a wagon into a gypsy home. Minus the gypsies.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score
So, could be from anywhere basically. You could just have something from the Amazon she managed to tame somehow, if she's got the animal husbandry dice to support that. Basically a monster/dinosaur of sorts, probably not a carnivore though. Yes, aliens can be targeted by favored enemy, though why a mercenary would particularly hate aliens will take some explaining.

Bloodshifter

Tentacle God
Reputation score
So, could be from anywhere basically. You could just have something from the Amazon she managed to tame somehow, if she's got the animal husbandry dice to support that. Basically a monster/dinosaur of sorts, probably not a carnivore though. Yes, aliens can be targeted by favored enemy, though why a mercenary would particularly hate aliens will take some explaining.
Might up my Age a bit then cause that's damn far, actually how long does it take to travel from one end to the other?

I actually have 4 currently from Wildlander. How much would I need? I was thinking about the giant flightless bipedal birds.

I was just checking, it was for a different character which will likely never be developed.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score
I mean, it's a continent. Not a short amount of time, especially across Badaria, but not decades or the like by any means.

Probably six dice for that. The image of a naga riding a giant ostrich is now in my head. Thanks for that.

Bloodshifter

Tentacle God
Reputation score
I mean, it's a continent. Not a short amount of time, especially across Badaria, but not decades or the like by any means.

Probably six dice for that. The image of a naga riding a giant ostrich is now in my head. Thanks for that.
It's only 50 years or so, might change Template to Well Educated just to invest in more Lore trades actually. We need a Template for older starter PCs that want to show how seasoned they are in knowledge.

Hrm, Well it's not like I need Metallurgy really.

Also now imagine that both the Naga and Ostrich are taller than most single story buildings. Oh that's going to be fun trying to navigate streets in town... *Boosts Riding a few dice.*

TentanariX

Lurker
Reputation score
Is it possible to enchant weapons/ armor to store spell (s) in them Tass? Like if someone wanted a sword that could use Lighting Spells or something that granted a spell like ability or spirit power for a warrior or non mage/spirit wielding class?

Bloodshifter

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Is it possible to enchant weapons/ armor to store spell (s) in them Tass? Like if someone wanted a sword that could use Lighting Spells or something that granted a spell like ability or spirit power for a warrior or non mage/spirit wielding class?
It's already answered in Enchantment or stuff Gdoc. But here it is for viewing.

Spells and Powers on Items

An item, be it miscellaneous, a shield, a piece of armor, or a weapon, may have an spell or power added to it. That item may cast that spell or use that power, either as an activated ability or as a triggered one.

-An item that gains such an ability cannot have already had an EP pool. An item’s EP pool can be recharged by any character able to touch, requiring that they maintain contact for one minute while transferring as much EP as they like. By default items have an EP pool of 10, ignoring the item’s stats, but can be increased by 5 EP by paying 20 denarii, scaling in price in the same manner as other enchantments. An item’s Spirit Ceiling starts at 6 and increases by 2 every time they increase the EP pool.

-An item enchanted with a spell or spirit power may be enchanted with a trigger or a command word that will activate those spells in a set way (i.e. snapping a character's fingers will always produce a 4 EP lay on hands if set to do such, never a 2 EP etc.). If the item is non-sentient, the command must be a something simple such as a word, a whistle, drawing the item in question from its sheath or pouch (if it's something applicable), or a distinguishable noise. A non-sentient item cannot distinguish between commands or triggers given by its wielder or another character. A sentient item may be given more complex triggers, including reactionary ones, and can distinguish its wielder from others using the same command. Consult your GM for acceptable triggers. Anytime a trigger is used in as a means of making an enchanted spell or power a free action or free reaction, the associated costs are doubled (this may exceed 6 EP in the case of static cost spirit powers) to a minimum of 2 additional EP. An item with the trigger enchant on it may have its trigger modified by an enchanter for 5 denarii and additional triggers may be added alongside the first for 10 denarii.

-When an item is set to go off on a trigger, what triggers it can be set for are limited based on the type of item. A miscellaneous item may only have an activated trigger, IE: a command action that the character must use, like a word or a specific action that they do. A weapon may have that or may be triggered to active when hitting an opponent. A shield may have the same triggers as a weapon or may be set to trigger when the character blocks a hit with it. Finally, armor may be action triggered or triggered when the wearer is hit, but note that unless it is sentient attacks that ignore the armor’s AV will NOT trigger it. Also note that triggered effects will always occur at the end of the turn, so they cannot be used to prepare counterspells or other effects that would essentially allow an attack of some sort to be negated without costing the character anything.

-An item that is enchanted so that it can cast spells, if it is not sentient, gains a Mind score of 30. If it already had a Mind score from being sentient, it instead gets a +10 bonus to its Mind score the first time that it gains the ability to cast spells. The item’s Mind stat is used to determine the power of spells cast by it and for the Focus checks if it requires them, ignoring any other stats that the items might have and acting as if it’s main stat is Mind. An item’s Mind score does not grant it additional EP. Items that cast spells increase the EP cost of the spell by 1.

-Likewise, an item enchanted to have a Power gains a Spirit stat of 30, and can be increased in the same manner as Mind.

-An item’s Spirit and Mind stats do not affect its EP pool. They do determine the item’s effective Focus and Willpower stats for the purpose of using their abilities, but each is treated as if the item’s main stat was whichever stat was more important for that Resistance stat, meaning that Mind has no effect on Willpower and Spirit has no effect on Focus.

-An item may given Mage Feats for 60 denarii each, and Spirit Aptitudes for 90 denarii.

-If a Power or Spell has an HP cost, it is paid by the character using the item.

-The cost of adding spells depends on the level of the spell selected. Additional spells may be added to the same item without marking up the cost, but any given item can only hold up to 10 levels worth of spells.

Level 1 spells: 40 denarii

Level 2 spells: 80 denarii

Level 3 Spells: 120 denarii

-A single power can be added for (normally) 120 denarii, and additional powers can be added to the same item for the same price. A single item can have no more than 3 Powers on it. If the power in question has an HP cost or some other requirement, the character must pay that cost in order to use the power. Utility powers with multiple functions, or other power types with utility options, may be added for a reduced cost of 60 denarii if only a single option for that utility power is selected, but if the power has an obvious “main” utility that one cannot be selected for this reduced cost. Black Dragon cannot be added to an item under any circumstances.

Bloodshifter

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Question, I ended up with some Denarii (80) and was planning to enchant a secondary weapon with Mend on a trigger to Mend as a free action, on the Trigger it repairs the nearest item to the knife, barring someone throwing stuff at me would always be the armor. Is vocal triggers allowed for that?

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Question, I ended up with some Denarii (80) and was planning to enchant a secondary weapon with Mend on a trigger to Mend as a free action, on the Trigger it repairs the nearest item to the knife, barring someone throwing stuff at me would always be the armor. Is vocal triggers allowed for that?
Why wouldn't you just put that enchantment on the armor? Yes, vocal triggers are allowed.

Bloodshifter

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Why wouldn't you just put that enchantment on the armor? Yes, vocal triggers are allowed.
Unless I forgot Utility spells are Touch only, and stabbing the little blade into things, like a door you want to keep together, is more useful than staying next to it tapping it.

And eventually adding a Trigger to destroy stuff.

Also, do Free weapons get a Free upgrade to large?

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Fair enough.

No. The free weapons are always medium sized unless you pay for the upgrades.

Bloodshifter

Tentacle God
Reputation score
Eh, Carving Knife stays smol then. Actually question can you make things Small for free? Since it's a discount?

Also, what is the expected Speed of a Mount and what's the maximum Speed available to it when using Powerful Charge? As so far I've seen it only says the Mount travels AT LEAST it's Speed with no noted Maximum.

And I'm guessing that Material (Dragon) dice modifiers stack with Size (Massive) dice modifiers and Skill (Slay) dice modifiers? 2x, 3x, 3x for 18x? Or is it additive? 8x?