You get one background template.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Dark Gate OOC Thread

Aaaand more rules changes for DG4, available as ever in the change log.

The basic gist of the big new alteration is that mages now using a trades check for casting.

Also, a way to shake off status effects was added.

shortbus

Demon Girl
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Is there either a gm willing to take my character on, or a list of gm people that I could get in touch with?

Going to be making a warrior if that matters any.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Is there either a gm willing to take my character on, or a list of gm people that I could get in touch with?

Going to be making a warrior if that matters any.
It's better to actually post the character sheet first.

Bloodshifter

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Quick question for Combi weapons, can Large Combi weapons actually get any sort of ranged weapons added in? Since all Ranged weapons come in One Size.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Quick question for Combi weapons, can Large Combi weapons actually get any sort of ranged weapons added in? Since all Ranged weapons come in One Size.
Going with nope off the top of my head.

shortbus

Demon Girl
RP Moderator
Reputation score

It's better to actually post the character sheet first.
Oh, right! The minor details in life. Here goes nothing.

, Human Female Warrior.

I believe this character is only missing their backstory elements, which I would like to discuss with a prospective GM before putting on the sheet.

Her image is Sophitia from Soul Calibur 2. I will add that, if necessary, as well.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

All of the bits have to be of the same size.

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Oh, right! The minor details in life. Here goes nothing.

, Human Female Warrior.

I believe this character is only missing their backstory elements, which I would like to discuss with a prospective GM before putting on the sheet.

Her image is Sophitia from Soul Calibur 2. I will add that, if necessary, as well.
You should post it spoilered in the actual post, not just link it. The s and shit there are forum formatting, yes?

I can't remember off the top of my head if it's actually possible to do such or not, but why do you have Grapple Expert AND Poor Grappler?

Warriors get a Warrior-only skill called Resilient that gives you more HP than Healthy, but it doesn't give you a skill, so I guess that's understandable.

Humans are able to take 4 flaws for 4 bonus talents, so you can get more if you want. Actually, was it 5? I dunno, something. Check the text on their category in the race sheet.

shortbus

Demon Girl
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I dont really understand what you are getting at? Each of those had something I wanted, so I took them.

You are not the first to mention the Resilient/Healthy choice. I made the one that I think suits the character best. I could be wrong because I dont really know anything about this game system. Then again, since I have 2 extra flaws to take, I could end up with both perhaps?

However I do want to talk to whomever the GM would be first as I have a few ideas and I would prefer to reserve those flaws (and the talents from them) until that point.

Yes I did start to format things for the forum here but then I got sidetracked, busy, tired, and all that other nonsense. If I stop having a 15 hour workday at some point ever, I will probably a few days after that once I start feeling better get around to taking the google doc and putting it here into the forum directly. Is there any general group of sections I should sort the sheet by or just make it one spoilered thinger and dont bother with the smaller spoilers for sections?

Last edited:

GargantuaBlarg

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

One spoilered thinger is best. Spoiling by sections just makes it way more annoying for a GM to check your sheet when they need to roll stuff.

I'm just mentioning things mechanics-wise, is all.

I forget if the base sheet comes with BBCode or not, but if you were actually doing it then uh I guess it doesn't matter. I personally think sheets are easiest to check when they're spoilered in a post, but I'm just speaking for myself and all that.

shortbus

Demon Girl
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Should I leave anything outside the spoiler? Or just whole sheet inside a spoiler tag?

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Should I leave anything outside the spoiler? Or just whole sheet inside a spoiler tag?
Just the name of the character.

ULMF LIVES ONCE MORE.

theguy09

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
It feels fancier, yet alien at the same time.

shortbus

Demon Girl
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Guess I should work on that Bio/Backstory now that the site is back up. With the site down over the weekend I forgot all about it.. Oh well.