What's new

Dark Gate OOC Thread

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score
Re: PbP Interest Check(And OOC Thread)

I asked that as well, and the answer was yes.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I forget if this was asked or not, but for characters that can attack twice (equipped with shield or two weapons) are they allowed to split their attacks between targets?
Yes.

I asked that as well, and the answer was yes.
What he said.

Also, huzzah, I've got multiple pages of threads. Now, if only Host and Keylo would start posting again, I could have multiple pages of ACTIVE threads. That would be an accomplishment.

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

Yes.

What he said.

Also, huzzah, I've got multiple pages of threads. Now, if only Host and Keylo would start posting again, I could have multiple pages of ACTIVE threads. That would be an accomplishment.
Heh, you deserve a high five for the speed you've had the past few days too. Not like I'd say it's healthy to keep that up.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Heh, you deserve a high five for the speed you've had the past few days too. Not like I'd say it's healthy to keep that up.
I've actually gotten a good amount of work done in the last few days too, though I haven't seen another living person that I didn't work with. That might be bad.

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

I've actually gotten a good amount of work done in the last few days too, though I haven't seen another living person that I didn't work with. That might be bad.
[snark] Webconference! [/snark]

Dragontear

Grim Reaper
Reputation score

HUZZAH!

Agreed with OAMP, indeed that's awesome, but please don't wilt away because of us lot. XD

Keylo

Lurker
Reputation score

Sorry, been away on a trip without notice. Will get back to posting...now :3.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

To other GMs: The monsters archive has been updated. Some things were fixed and some things were added.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Notice: I changed the ranges on a bunch of blast shapes. Now, they're dependent on spell level. Doesn't affect a whole lot, just thought I'd let people know.

Edit: Also, curse my massive lazyness and general inability to keep up with the threads getting responses.

OAMP

Turtle Poker
Reputation score

Notice: I changed the ranges on a bunch of blast shapes. Now, they're dependent on spell level. Doesn't affect a whole lot, just thought I'd let people know.

Edit: Also, curse my massive lazyness and general inability to keep up with the threads getting responses.
Look on the bright side. Just a week or two more until all in college will be on summer break, giving you more work ;)

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Just an FYI: Anyone that has a particular dislike of pregnancy may, for a limited time, exchange a flaw for Infertility, which was just added.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Alright, it's time to open a discussion on something. Currently, the Flaw: Sluggish and Talent: Quick increase or decrease Speed by 12. That is seemingly a little bit much, and I've decided to consider changing them. One possibility is just dropping them from 12 to 10, which would be in keeping with the pattern of Talents so far. What was suggested to me was dropping them to +/-5, though I think that makes them too minor to be of any import, so I'd say it would have to be at least 6.

Thoughts from others?

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

Alright, it's time to open a discussion on something. Currently, the Flaw: Sluggish and Talent: Quick increase or decrease Speed by 12. That is seemingly a little bit much, and I've decided to consider changing them. One possibility is just dropping them from 12 to 10, which would be in keeping with the pattern of Talents so far. What was suggested to me was dropping them to +/-5, though I think that makes them too minor to be of any import, so I'd say it would have to be at least 6.

Thoughts from others?
While you're tweaking, the one that does resistance seems a little much atm as well, considering how low resistance is naturally (half your primary), at creation the +10 can mean 50%+ more, the -10 can halve your resistance score. I'd look at considering dropping those to 5.

As far as speed, it's a lot harder for me to see how a high speed score affects battles from the spectator stands. On a related question, can one move, make an attack and then continue moving as long as they don't go over their total movement? Because if not, speed is only really useful for and against ranged combatants; melee will always just be a 'close to melee, fight'.

I personally don't see a problem with it being a little higher because wearing pretty much any armour drops your speed.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

While you're tweaking, the one that does resistance seems a little much atm as well, considering how low resistance is naturally (half your primary), at creation the +10 can mean 50%+ more, the -10 can halve your resistance score. I'd look at considering dropping those to 5.

As far as speed, it's a lot harder for me to see how a high speed score affects battles from the spectator stands. On a related question, can one move, make an attack and then continue moving as long as they don't go over their total movement? Because if not, speed is only really useful for and against ranged combatants; melee will always just be a 'close to melee, fight'.

I personally don't see a problem with it being a little higher because wearing pretty much any armour drops your speed.
That's another one that needs looking at. Thanks Inc.

Yes, you can move and attack in the same round, and then move some more. That came up a few weeks ago in the shoutbox, I believe, and that was the stance I took on it then.

Incubus

Horn Dog
Reputation score

Alright, in that case speed has some more actual power behind it; but even then you need a ridiculous speed difference to be able to move in, attack someone and move out of their pursuit range. And there needs to be some drawbacks for wearing all that armour, right? :p

Host

Lurker
Reputation score

Hmm. I was previously going to say 6/7, but since you can melee-kite, something larger would be quite useful. Still, 6/7 should be about at least half speed for a non- melee character, and 1/4 speed for even a pumped melee character.

Unknown Squid

Aurani's Wife
Reputation score

One other thing regarding speed actually, is I noticed that a great many of our non physical based characters have some incredibly low speeds. The typical mage and spirit user in the game ranges from 8 to 4. A quick run down the list puts most at a tiny 6 foot per round. They can barely make two steps in their turn.

Lowering the talents might be good, but I've also been thinking of the idea of giving all characters a base speed to go with their half body derived score. "x + half of body"

This would effectively be minor but double nerf on warrior classes though, which they don't really need. I'm just thinking that a speed of 4 foot per five seconds seems peculiar.

Host

Lurker
Reputation score

This would effectively be minor but double nerf on warrior classes though, which they don't really need. I'm just thinking that a speed of 4 foot per five seconds seems peculiar.
8 if you decide to do no other actions and only run, but yes.

thetwo

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

I don't know, talents are currently a bit "all over the place". We have the following unconditional increases to secondary stats, ranked by how much you'd have to increase a stat for equivalent gain.

Perceptive : +10 body (I think)
Grapple Expert: +12 body
Stealthy: +12 body (I think - also double damage while sneaking)
Healthy and similar similar: +15 (appropriate stat)
Resistant : +20 mainstat
Hard to Hit: +20 (total stats)
Quick: +24 body

Of course, you could argue about how useful they are... but "quick" does still seem incongruous, possibly along with perceptive. (Unless perception is half body). "Resistant" and "Hard to hit" are also pretty useful for the amount you get.

OP
Tassadar

Tassadar

Panda King
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Did a bunch of edits. All of the spells now require Resistance checks against the caster instead of whatever it was before, and I added a spell to Nature and to Light. Sluggish is now down to -6, and Resistant and Weak are down to +/- 6. I added a Talent for mages, and a new Flaw to complement Stealthy, which got dropped down from +12 to +10. I added a couple of mutations a day or so ago. Any comments?

Last edited: