What's new

Defend ULMF! (Sign-up and OOC)

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score
Re: Defend ULMF! (Sign-up and OOC)

I'm holding off posting until Tsuki does that, since she'll likely do that *before* I have a chance to radio back *chuckles* Or we could just assume that's on the general channel and you guys heard the landing instructions.

Tsuki

Lurker
Reputation score

Sorry that took so long. Was busy all day yesterday x.x

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

No worries. Burrito's out for the time being and I think a few of us have been busy as well. Damn good idea about the beam, btw!

Tsuki

Lurker
Reputation score

Wasn't THAT great.... But thanks anyway!

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Hey, in my opinion it was, especially since I don't think it occured to half of us (non-Atlantis fans exempt.)

wallpaper

Lurker
Reputation score

XD Ah ha ha ha, I just noticed that you guys were using Atlantis speak while wandering around new posts. Awesome.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Happens a lot, much to the shagrin of the non-fans.

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Five days, not a double post.

Sorry if I'm being a little presumptious, but Siphon is out for a while, so I thought those would be good ways to work him out, since he didn't exactly do it himself.

Other than that, I'm going to be taking leads from Burrito at this point, unless any of y'all have something going on. Copper's honestly got no clue who she needs to talk to, though she has a feeling she's going to need to talk to *somebody* about wtf happened. Be glad you guys can scurry away, as far as she's concerned *laughs*

Also, since we are back the forum, we probably ought to switch back to that thread rather than continuing with the side areas. Just a thought.

OP
Caulder

Caulder

Is completely fucking irrelevant. And he's a bitch
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Don't look at me. I completely lost track of everything when my comp crashed.

Which is why I am here. I completely lost all my notes as to WTF is going on in the RP, for the aforementioned reason. Could someone give me an update?

Tsuki

Lurker
Reputation score

Uuuhhh, people are back at the forums. Tsuki is off to go clean herself up, Shrike is going to sleep, Sparky is... being held just in case, Siphon is still a statue, Pale is MIA, as is your character. Copper is taking charge. Grave... crashed his ship, but it okay. That's about it.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Grave is going to look for a place to rest. He doesn't have a home here...

OP
Caulder

Caulder

RP Moderator
Reputation score

In other news. If my newest RP kicks off and goes too fast-paced, expect this one to become slow as hell.

Host

Lurker
Reputation score

Aright, I’ve beaten Overlord 2, now back to the forum.

Burrito, the next thing to do is basic squad reporting stuff - letting the people at home know just what’s going on. After that, it’s a short break in the forum for most of the characters, during which Shrike and Sparky will put Siphon’s mind back together. (I’m going to assume that being turned to energy would screw up the petrification spell – either that or it’ll wear off after enough time – and presumably, the characters’ll be at the forum for at least a day.)

As Siphon is not here, this will stop the RP from going much further (I presume Siphon would like to do something more complicated than just “They fix him”)… but thankfully, there is a way around needing Siphon for a little while. The part after Siphon gets his mind fixed is my character’s ‘introduction’ side-plot, which can’t include Siphon (Because he’d break what I had planned.) We PM’d about it, and Siphon decided that when he’s healed, he’ll go on a solo mission to scout the hive, leaving my side-plot complete-able. As for what Sparky does, that involves something I’ve yet to talk to Siphon about, but I’m pretty sure it’d go like this: if Sparky is released, he’ll go to scout the site of his crashed dart and then won’t be heard from for awhile. (If he isn’t, well then, he can’t really do much anyway, so that’s not a problem.)

Now, if we were to brush over Siphon’s revival for the moment, just say “Shrike and Sparky fixed him, now Siphon’s given his report about the super hive, then he mysteriously leaves on a mission (– possibly without telling anyone, because he’s still all brood-y about being changed/attacking people).” That would let us continue

Will have to finish later, completely out of time, hope this makes some sense

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Don't look at me. I completely lost track of everything when my comp crashed.

Which is why I am here. I completely lost all my notes as to WTF is going on in the RP, for the aforementioned reason. Could someone give me an update?
Uuuhhh, people are back at the forums. Tsuki is off to go clean herself up, Shrike is going to sleep, Sparky is... being held just in case, Siphon is still a statue, Pale is MIA, as is your character. Copper is taking charge. Grave... crashed his ship, but it okay. That's about it.
That pretty much sums it up on our end. I put Sparky in custody because Siphon's not here and I agree with Host on the fact that we may not want to just glean over Siphon's recovery. Could maybe fudge a little in that they're not letting Sparky out (and since he's supposed to help Shrike) until he's cleared, so that'll delay it. As for him being a statue, figure either Pale can make her way back as she wishes and undo it or it can "wear off" when Siphon's back.

Pretty much for me, since I don't run the military aspect of the game, I'm at a loss as to what Copper needs to be doing, since I did sort of take charge. About the only one around with as much "squad time" as she has is Tsuki (who needs to rest), so until you get that stuff with Host done and Burrito (the character) is back, I see her as kind of de facto squad leader. I figure she'd need to talk to the higher ups/other brass as to wtf happened but other than that, she's at a bit of a loss.

In other news. If my newest RP kicks off and goes too fast-paced, expect this one to become slow as hell.
Become slow? *halo* Also, I still say we need to work in Pydyamaramadingdong or whatever the hell that bot was.

OP
Caulder

Caulder

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Will be discussing that with Siphon when he gets back.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Holy crapsicles, I didnt realise there was this great a story to the RP. Hmmm, I might have to have someone PM me the full story of this before I jump in.

OP
Caulder

Caulder

RP Moderator
Reputation score

Don't look at me. I lost track of things after they named Sparky.

Host

Lurker
Reputation score

Sorry about the half-post, but people had started waking, and I wanted to get something out. And then my father remembers to tell me that today was the date of the anime screening, so I've not had a chance to post till now, and I'm starting to stretch my remaining time already... If I cut this off halfway, you'll know why.

To rehash the idea that I was starting, we'd brush over Siphon's recovery for the time being, so that he can go scout the super-hive (remembering that he's the only one who knows where it is). After Siphon is fixed, if Sparky's not put into custody, he'll go to find his crashed dart - I plan to talk with Siphon to make it so that he had a passenger join him on his dart as he was escaping (it shouldn't be too hard to tell who the passenger is, but don't worry if you can't figure it out - it's not that important). This will tie him up for the entirety of my sub-plot.

Meanwhile, the changed Siphon goes on his super-hive scouting mission, also leaving him out of the picture - then The forum will give you a mission that starts the sub-plot, (I'm not giving away more than that,) and he should get back by the time we finish. Then when he gets back, he and Shrike can do a separate 'flashback' thread, where they roleplay what happens.

Could maybe fudge a little in that they're not letting Sparky out (and since he's supposed to help Shrike) until he's cleared, so that'll delay it.
That is one option that'll keep them both out of the picture, but leaves us with more stuff to do in the long run... Hang on, I don't understand what I just wrote - I think I'll need to explain in more detail. *Clears throat*

If we leave Siphon petrified and keep Sparky locked up, it'll go 'sub-plot', 'fix Siphon', 'scout', and 'attack'. If we brush over the mind-fix for the moment, then scouting the hive will be done at the same time as the sub-plot, which will turn into a full party endeavour, and take lots of time - which is a bad thing, because - if I remember correctly - we're trying to get past this section ASAP, and into the new threat the GM's have cooked up for us.

Pretty much for me, since I don't run the military aspect of the game, I'm at a loss as to what Copper needs to be doing, since I did sort of take charge. About the only one around with as much "squad time" as she has is Tsuki (who needs to rest), so until you get that stuff with Host done and Burrito (the character) is back, I see her as kind of de facto squad leader. I figure she'd need to talk to the higher ups/other brass as to wtf happened but other than that, she's at a bit of a loss.
I've got an idea of how things will go for the next little while, (you know, the random 'after-mission' military stuff, and the giving of my character’s mission) would you (Burrito mainly, but I'm asking the other players as well) mind if I wrote something up to get this section out of the way? You can always remove the post if you don't like what I do.

Holy crapsicles, I didnt realise there was this great a story to the RP. Hmmm, I might have to have someone PM me the full story of this before I jump in.
I'll do the plot PMing for you, Lord Oni - I feel I've got a reasonable handle on it.

Don't look at me. I lost track of things after they named Sparky.
On the other hand, since several people need it, and someone else might eventually as well, I'll just post it here (in a different post though, this one is huge enough already). Besides, that way if I get something wrong someone can tell me.

Also, lastly, that placeholder from ages ago is almost right to be updated - just have to look through it one more time, and then find time (because I’m currently still posting a half hour after my family usually gets up, rather little chance this luck will continue for long...)

Tsuki

Lurker
Reputation score

Early head's up about my vacation next weekend. The shortest span is... a weekend. The longest time I'll be MIA would be a month. Yeah....

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

I forsee things happening before then, Tsuki, but I was going to say "That's going to be the longest shower in history" with regards to you being gone *laughs*

I've got an idea of how things will go for the next little while, (you know, the random 'after-mission' military stuff, and the giving of my character’s mission) would you (Burrito mainly, but I'm asking the other players as well) mind if I wrote something up to get this section out of the way? You can always remove the post if you don't like what I do.
Well, was going to go with Burrito on this one, given that he's usually running the higher-ups, but as you said...go ahead, write it up. If it works, dandy. If not, we pinksmoke it.

Last edited: