What's new

Defend ULMF! (Sign-up and OOC)

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score
Re: Defend ULMF! (Sign-up and OOC)

Actually it was more about waking people the fuck up and getting it moving some. I'm getting tired of joining in RPs or running them and people starting stuff with it and then vanishing. So I added a little something so MAYBE someone else could post, but apparently that isn't how people read it.

I'm actually nearing the point of reviewing if I want to stay in some of them or run them anymore due to this. The Splinter for example. *hums about that.*

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Well, let's do a rundown of who's availiable.

Burrito- captured, can't post
Shrike- incapacitated, can't post
Grave- incapacitated, can't post
Copper- incapacitated, can't post
Tsuki- waiting till current bit is over, won't post.

Siphon- active, already posting
Pale- active, already posting
Host- active, already posting

Oni- hasn't been introduced yet, can't post
Lurker- pretty sure dropped this due to time constraints, can't post
Bartnum- Definitely dropped this due to time constraints, can't post

So, I know I must have missed some people, and please don't take this the wrong way, but honestly Siphon, this is just a slow part and we have to trudge through it, it happens. out of that list, the only ones that might pop in is Tsuki, maybe lurker, and Oni now that his sheet is up, but it's already dead, so who exactly were you trying to kick into gear again?

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

And there goes the big guy... Man, I had a really nice attack I wanted to use... Oh well, next time Grave's fighting against something big, he will use it.

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

There's going to be more than one Grave. You'll get to fuck one up.

Shrike ... it isn't just this RP. That and three active people kind of kills it really. Originally I wasn't going to bring this in at all until later, I did trying to get SOME movement and possibly free one character up to post, however it seems that Pale managed to find the ONE thing I hadn't considered happening that blew that out of the water.

Anyways, move yourselves along IF it gets to that point, I won't interfere with it again, I'll just sit here. Just don't bitch at me if the whole thing drops because of "No GM involvement."

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

Shrike pretty much summed it up nicely, though I'm sure most intelligent people were capable of picking up my thoughts on this matter without me needing to explicitly spell it out, but I am going to comment anyway.

I don't mind *ponders a good word* grandstanding: Siphon or Grave kicking ass, Pale calling up a cataclysmic spell, Burrito bringing the thunder. That doesn't really bother me. What bothers me is not being able to play. Missing a page and a half worth of posts because the other players have been kicking much ass in the eight hours I've been at work is fine. That's different. That calls for catching up, finding an excuse for being out of the battle, rendevouzing with the party again, whatever. Sitting here for nearly three weeks where my character is effectively removed from play, not to mention having control of her taken away from me, is boring as hell, ticks me off, and I thank Siphon, and Pale in a roundabout way, for getting things moving again.

As an aside to this, I probably shouldn't have waited when the comment was made about Nemesis being brought in, but I *encouraged* Siphon to do it. Why? Because I was bored and sick of waiting. I don't mind other players having the spotlight as it were...harkening back to the "grandstanding" thing...and I'm thankful for Pale coming back and starting to make things happen but that started two weeks ago! Two weeks with four of the most steady players of the game stuck in limbo. Boring! I mean, we couldn't even f'ing react to Pale coming in and playing cavalry. I'm not trying to have this come across as everyone needs to be involved all the time, but at least give us a chance to do *something* other than sit here and read walls of text about how and why our characters aren't capable of doing anything at the moment.

*takes a drink* Okay, I think I'm done. Not trying to have this be a "I'm not in the middle of things" attention whore type of a rant because quite honestly, the way Pale handled that was brilliant and I'm glad she got to show off. I just wish it had happened *sooner*. I'm all for epic storylines. Love them. When, y'know, I get to play in them as opposed to having them dictated out in novella form. I also realize things happen that can cause delays but if you start something, at least give the contingency that if the game needs to move on, it can move on and people aren't tied up.

All that being said, probably not a good time to mention I've got a SL idea of my own, after something that happened on another forum I belong to, not to mention a conversation I had with Shrike the other night. Not sure if/when it'll even happen, but the idea's there. Especially if we're going to see Oni's entrance soon enough.

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

After much consideration on this, I have decided that IF this finally gets to the point where my original plan to remove stargate references for this RP can come into effect, I will also be having something happen to my character that REMOVES his Wraith DNA. However, he will not become human, he will become something similar to Resident Evil 5's Wesker, before he infected himself with the Uroboros.

This will allow me to have a workable character for things, and most likely I will be killing off both Sparky AND John at some point. In John's case, I have to talk with Copper on how best to that.

Pale

Reputation score

Yeeah. Just thought I'd add my two cents in there.

I had a bit of a tough choice going on. I love what Host does. Seriously - I love it. His little storyline thing going on there was brilliant. If it'd been feasible, I'd have just sat back and let him drive for a while..

But my character had the opportunity to stop him, and IC action and bla-de-bla.. But here's the rub.

That Nemesis.. was badly timed. Another great idea, but not at the time. Maybe it was supposed to be a tiebreaker.. get things moving... but seriously. I think I would've had you guys up and alive sooner if we -hadn't- had to deal with being attacked mid-way through negotiations.

'cus to be honest, I don't like stealing the limelight. 'cus I can't enjoy it properly when I'm constantly feeling guilty about four people out of the game. I wanted us up and running again. And I feel that Nemesis was out of place. Worse yet... now I've killed it, we miss what could have been a good fight for all of us.

Anyway, cents in.

P

SiphonTalvesh

Lurker
RP Moderator
Reputation score

Actually you did exactly what I had hoped you would Pale. You killed the thing, giving those who DID create it valuable combat data. You do realize more than one was made right? And the next time, it will have a magic dampening field generator that will need to be taken out before that will work again. You can still fire at him, just the lance thing will be ... how do I word this ... impotent? No that isn't right, more ... it just won't do what it just did again with that dampener active. You actually gave me some fairly decent ideas by doing that, and you ALSO gave me in a roundabout way with that the idea of how to completely remove the stargate references, save of course the character name since I can't change it.

Shrike7

Lurker
Reputation score

Meh, there can be more nemesises... Nemisisen, nemisi? Whatever, doesn't matter. I thought it was a little ill-times as well, but meh.

I love what Host has been doing as well, and I don't really mind having to sit out as much, because I knew that when it started, it wasn't supposed to take this long to get back to where everyone was going. Besides, it's a fun read. Pale popped in right when things were wrapping up, and things started to take a bit longer, but yes, she should have, because that's what her character would do, so I wouldn't have it any other way. Then the hives, the nemisis, and etc... popped up, and things started to bog down again, and again, I didn't really mind. It was a neat idea, albeit a tad poorly timed. I was a little sad when we just had to quick-kill it like that to move on, but yeah, there can be more. Heck, the series has killed at least one of them and/or tyrants with nearly every game and movie they've made, so meh, there's more.

I think everybody just needs to take a step back and go 'Oh well, I'll just take a deep breath and move on.' Ya know?

Copper

Lurker
Reputation score

However, he will not become human, he will become something similar to Resident Evil 5's Wesker, before he infected himself with the Uroboros.

This will allow me to have a workable character for things, and most likely I will be killing off both Sparky AND John at some point. In John's case, I have to talk with Copper on how best to that.
Mmmm. Wesker. And I can give you several ideas for John, one of which actually won't kill him, if you'd rather not do that, though I don't see him coming back in, so, up to you. Run your own thoughts by me and I'll help you make them work.

Breath taken. Onward.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

I also think that the Nemesis was badly timed... And the only thing I dislike about the current situation is the fact that I can't post. I'm still waiting for a challenging fight... And given the current situation (and judging by the rumors about what's going to happen), it might be a fight between Grave and another PC.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Lol who's ass are you going to be kicking then?

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Let's see... Host is on the first place of my list, altough if people will try to stop Grave from getting what he wants, things might get bloody... Also, I'm not sure how you're going to make your entrance and how will you act, but you're second on the list.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Heh, you think you've got what it takes to take out a world/reality destroyer?

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

You really think I won't try to do that? Heh.

SirOni

Demon Girls #1 Fan
Reputation score

Lol be it on your head then :p

Host

Lurker
Reputation score

Yeeah. Just thought I'd add my two cents in there.

I had a bit of a tough choice going on. I love what Host does. Seriously - I love it. His little storyline thing going on there was brilliant.
I don’t think it’s humanly possible to comprehend how much this means to me. (I’m not quite sure how I’m doing it, myself.) Suffice to say, thank you. =’)

I love what Host has been doing as well,
^^^

Pale nods, smiling faintly as the Lurkers turn. She purposefully waits until they're about ten paces away, then calls out.

"Wait! Don't worry, I'm not about to blast you... You're wearing a Lurker insignia. Is that your political allegiance, or are you guys some rogue Lurker faction?"

Right, more explanation time. The plan was that I was going to explain things about the Lurkers when everyone was at the Lurker base, make it a ‘telling the non-forum members about the Lurkers’ scene, when really it’s for everyone, instead of some OOC thing. That was back when I expected this scene to take about five posts. Instead, I’ll get to it now.

Lurker is a group term for beings that lurk on forums. It is commonly used in a derogatory manner, though it is used between people who consider themselves Lurkers as a sign of respect (sort of like ‘homie’, I suppose). The Lurkers who attacked the first ULMF forum were a group that ‘officially’ branded themselves The Lurkers after being brought together by Supermeme. Supermeme had a symbol that he used for his Lurkers, though I haven’t bothered thinking of it (its not currently relevant).

Anyway he lost, and the Lurkers were reduced to nothing but a small resistance movement. As Adom was then leading them, they changed their symbol to something Adom made (the one I’ve been posting when talking about the Lurker’s symbol). Anyone from the first forum only won’t recognise the new insignia, anyone who was on the second forum however will know what it is. Also, this group calling itself the Lurkers was so short lived and localised that just about no-one outside the forum would know about it.

The Lurkers have been presumed completely wiped out after the second forum, where they were vital in helping the members escape the doom that had threatened them, and no one knew they still existed till Burrito met them in the hive (though some may have had their suspicions). Still, despite helping back then, most forumers still hold prejudice against the Lurkers, if not outright hatred. Admittedly, the Lurkers actually hate the members right back, if not more so. So, getting to the point, the question is – which forums has Pale be on, if any?

(Now, if some forum oldbie wants to take up the role of Lurker hater, before there’s no one left…? That ought to make things interesting, especially if it’s Siphon. Really difficult for me to not get everybody killed, but interesting.)

As to why the Lurkers hate the members, it's actually practically individual for each Lurker. But that's not really important to the current state of things, that's more exposition stuff for later.

As for Grave vs Host, it’s probably going to happen, depending mainly on whether or not Pale or Shrike tells Grave about the demon from the house. (Which is fairly likely, in my opinion.) And I can tell that Grave is going to win in the first five seconds of a fair fight. Of course, if host ever fights fair, I’m probably playing him wrong… that said; I still think Host will probably get his ass kicked. I just hope Grave is the type to let him get away with only horrific injuries.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

That'll depend on his mood, but it's kinda unlikely unless someone important enough (to Grave, that is) needs Host.

If Grave one-hits Host, he might consider him not worthy of his time and abandon him after dealing some damage, but if he's pissed off, he might deal a killer blow.

Last edited:

Host

Lurker
Reputation score

Host actually does have two rather convincing lines lined up to say to Grave to stop Gave from attacking him, but whether or not it works is another matter. If it doesn't it's probably going to be a one hit then 'you're not worth the effort of killing you' thing.

cross_grave

Lurker
Reputation score

Those have to be some really good lines. "Grave" and "common sense" aren't usually put in the same sentence.