What's new

ADV Patreon Active [DerelictHelmsman] Breeders of the Nephelym

soulles

Evard's Tentacles of Forced Intrusion
Reputation score
Re: Breeders of the Nephelym

Is there any way to DL the public build, cause the Google drive DL link seems to be occupied the few times I tried (said to many DLs or something alike)

Wasn't all that much into the whole Breeding Season thing, but this at least seems interesting from the screens, would like to try to see... :p

So far most patron games where pretty dissapointing or where patron only... there are a few realy good ones, so always looking to see where there might be potential ;)

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Looks like a bastard child between breeding season and slime rancher, what could possibly go wrong :rolleyes:

Aestral

Demon Girl
Reputation score

If someone who already has the public build could upload it to mega, that'd be lovely. Goddamn google drive and their restrictions...

OP
Krystallize<3

Krystallize<3

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Looks like a bastard child between breeding season and slime rancher, what could possibly go wrong :rolleyes:
It's ok if you had some bad experiences with other patreon projects but please don't project them onto other devs just because their works look alike.

I didn't talk too much to the dev but he seems to be pretty ambitious about his project, he did all the programming, most of the assets animations, etc. on his own in 7 months and there is no reason to bash him or his project.

Pessimism is acceptable if it's reasonable but it's not atm.

(sorry for only quoting you censuur, I'm talking to everyone who had a look at the patreon page and immidiately decided to be like that)

Monceber

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

Considering that BS dev leaked his sources out of spite, I suspect that this IS pretty much BS with 3D slapped on it.
I do agree with others, and let's hope that 'still in early alpha' refers not only to the animations and monsters, but also to the core systems. Having interest based capture is underwhelming, but it wold be great if 'something' happened on the failure and if there were different kinds of encounters.

Merrill

Tentacle Monster
Reputation score

Considering that BS dev leaked his sources out of spite, I suspect that this IS pretty much BS with 3D slapped on it.
I do agree with others, and let's hope that 'still in early alpha' refers not only to the animations and monsters, but also to the core systems. Having interest based capture is underwhelming, but it wold be great if 'something' happened on the failure and if there were different kinds of encounters.
What? How are 2D flash assets in any way useful to someone making a 3D game in an entirely different engine? When you say "slapped on" you make it sound like he loaded up BS into a magic program and hit the "make 3D" button instead of modeling everything himself.

Zeemu

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

The Patreon page says "Further on the quest for highest quality hentai game, I went all out and implemented a customized industry-grade fur system."
Quick asset unpacking shows he's using for it. I guess using it is technically "implementing"..

The base game also seems to rely on stock engine scripts/content so I wouldn't have high hopes for many complex game systems.

The 3D art and hentai parts definitely look nice though. Best of luck to the dev.

SirSlender

Jungle Girl
Reputation score

I'm supporting this game because I've been interacting with the Developer on his Discord server and enjoyed the time spent playing the current build. I'm not quick to jump into a Patreon, but this guy put 7 months into this game before even making his Patreon for it. He even wanted to wait longer. Play the current build, join in the Discord, decide for yourselves. I fully support this, though.

Monceber

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

What? How are 2D flash assets in any way useful to someone making a 3D game in an entirely different engine?
You are aware that beside pretty pictures games consists of other parts? Like, code, for example? All the stats, breeding menu, energy system and pretty much other core stuff is the same.
That's what I've meant, but perhaps "slapped on" was indeed bad choice of words.

XSI

Lurker
Reputation score

Seems interesting, but I sure hope a lot of the things I can find in the public build are placeholders or 'to be changed' features

Where to find them
Interest mechanic
Lack of tutorial/not even a list of buttons
No sound
And so on

This really looks like an early build, in which case, might end up pretty good

kiko

aka the Asian rapper Kikkoman Flowsauce
Reputation score

I have a feeling this will be an ill fated patreon just like what happened with Breeding season... I don't want to jinx it but that's just a feeling.

Looks good though, I really wish him the best of luck to get through the development alone.

Abandonedacc

Tentacle God
Reputation score

I have a feeling this will be an ill fated patreon just like what happened with Breeding season... I don't want to jinx it but that's just a feeling.

Looks good though, I really wish him the best of luck to get through the development alone.
same game other developer so really doomsaying makes little sence, wish was like that for "Fur Hunur"

OP
Krystallize<3

Krystallize<3

Demon Girl Master
Reputation score

It has nothing to do with BS, I don't know what's on your mind...So A Patreon page is destined to fail because it looks like the dev took inspiration on BS ??

same game other developer so really doomsaying makes little sence, wish was like that for "Fur Hunur"
Same game ? What are you talking about ?

Kerlon

Demon Girl
Reputation score

kinda smart from him to replicate "Breeding Season", which was making over 40k USD/month in the end. This shows how big the request for furry/interspecies sexgames is. This dude is gonna make a bank if he plays his cards right.

Angmir

Cthulhu
Reputation score

They will release 1 model every month or one animation and scam 10 000 $ of it. Then just before first truely playable version would be released they will be gone.

Even if they have sincere intencions now - thats how it will unfold.

BTW I see ppl here are talking about 2nd Breading Season game that devs of 1st one are doing now ?

Can I get a link to see what it is all about ?

I eddited this post becouse I reacted to harshly to it at first - no tellign how it will unfold later so no need to bash it now.

Last edited:

Angmir

Cthulhu
Reputation score

But I must commend him on 1 thing

Access to builds just for 2$ is tempting.

Even if it means 2 models and animations per month it is not bad.

Even if he fails to deliver - at least we get to see some beasty animations and stuff

Abandonedacc

Tentacle God
Reputation score

It is 100% another scam.

They will release 1 model every month or one animation and scam 10 000 $ of it. Then just before first truely playable version would be released they will be gone.

Even if they have sincere intencions now - thats how it will unfold.

BTW I see ppl here are talking about 2nd Breading Season game that devs of 1st one are doing now ?

Can I get a link to see what it is all about ?
That will happen with the old developer, even if its the same game with a different name and in 3ds we dont know the guy/gerl behind it enought to start doomsaying.

If this was really the original breeding season no one would be saying those no sences.

also 2$ bucks :p

censuur

Tentacle God
Reputation score

Reasonable assessment is simply looking at the amount of work required and the amount of people, resources and experience involved.

The math doesn't look good, at all, not even remotely, one person doing this by himself will take years to get anything done, or the quality of the work will be shoddy at best, this isn't some doomsday scenario, this is an assessment based on the factors involved, the chance of this succeeding is nihil unless he gets more people on board, and good luck getting that done.

As much as I wish the only requirement to succeed was ambition, dedication and wishful thinking, it just does not work that way. I get that people want to support the dude's earnest endeavors, that's fine, but do so knowing that it's either going to take forever or fail miserably. You'd be better off pooling your money and commissioning an artist or animator to make you something nice than buy into promises of grandeur, you'd think years of Molyneux would have people realize as much.

If this was really the original breeding season no one would be saying those no sences.
Lets cut the bullshit shall we, people had been saying Breeding Season was a scam since before it launched a Patreon, when it started off as a flash game on the Legend of Krystal forums and the dude vanished for over a year after taking donations for features he never implemented, people HAD been saying this shit about the original breeding season, and they had been right. Now, you're free to believe "this time will be different" like a battered housewife or a classic con victim, but don't try to pass off bullshit for truth.

Last edited: